The Funniest FE

Henry's toenail collection, Owain's "Saaaaccreeed Stooonnnes!", Brady's violin string accident. This is by far the funniest Fire Emblem, despite its lackluster story(imo), no competition. Who else agrees? I also think this FE is definitely the best in terms of rich characters in the entire series. The characters add to the humor, and vice versa.

I haven't read all the supports, considering there are a billion, but I'm sure I'm missing some really good stuff to come.

Oh boy, where do I begin? lol

Frederick making a huge deal out of hating bear meat.

Frederick putting up those naked Chrom posters.

Chrom and Female Avatar accidentally walking in on one another while bathing and then the latter throwing things at the former.

Chrom trying to stop Frederick from being so OCD about doing all kinds of crazy things to serve him and Lissa.

Chrom going all WTF at Gaius wanting to be paid in the candy he dropped for joining the group.

Female Avatar calling Frederick "Freddy Bear."

Gaius calling Chrom "Blue."

Sully kicking Virion's ass at the beginning of the game.

And that's all I can remember off the top of my head. I haven't seen a lot of supports yet. But these just made me crack up. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I think, basically, Intelligent Systems decided that after giving Advance Wars a serious game, they needed to make Fire Emblem have a not-so-serious game.

Really, when you get right down to it, they took the lulz of Advance Wars and smacked it into FE. That also explains the lackluster plot. Advance Wars had good plots (or at least, AWDS did) but they weren't as in-depth as the Fire Emblem series.

That reminds me, AW5 would be kinda awesome right about now. Don't care if it is a Wars World one or a Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict one(a AW4 prequel would be excellent, marking Brenner/O'Brain's(Damn you localization)younger days), both would be good.

I think, basically, Intelligent Systems decided that after giving Advance Wars a serious game, they needed to make Fire Emblem have a not-so-serious game.

Really, when you get right down to it, they took the lulz of Advance Wars and smacked it into FE. That also explains the lackluster plot. Advance Wars had good plots (or at least, AWDS did) but they weren't as in-depth as the Fire Emblem series.

Related pic

A shame too, since I'm of the opinion that Days of Ruin blows away every other Advance Wars games when it comes to everything non-gameplay related. A Days of Ruin-esque FE game would have so awesome.

Edited by Constable Reggie

...I thought FE had amazing stories. Mostly. :/

And Awakening's is no different, imo.

Awakening made me laugh more than any other FE game for sure, but I thought that if they had showed us more of what the villains were doing and more of their character (Yen'fay or whatever his name was for example) and show us just why the antagonists were so dangerous (escape chapters or defend chapters would help in this regard) instead of having Chrom defeat them every chapter, would have made the story much better in my opinion.

Don't forget Sumia clocking Chrom~! For an overused ditzy character type, that did make me chuckle~. I think they should have gone into a combat screen for that tho and then made it a critical hit with the catchphrase and everything xD

Hilarity is everywhere in this game. Even Miriel gets in on it at times. I think it really is the funniest by far.

Brady: "You are totally breaking character, Owain."

Owain: "Brady, you're totally crying."

Brady: "ITS THE ONIONS!"

Owain: "Those are potatoes you're cutting up."

Brady: "SOMEONE HAS TO FEEL BAD FOR THEM!"

So much funny happens in just about everywhere. Even level up quotes and crit quotes.

You guys all have the localization team to thank for most of these.

They had a great sense of humor with their freedom over what went on in the localization.

Gaius calling Chrom "Blue."

All your others are legit, but please tell me you know what the term "blue blood" means, right?

Edited by shadowofchaos

All your others are legit, but please tell me you know what the term "blue blood" means, right?

I do know what it means, yes. It's a term for a noble or royal. Doesn't mean I can't find Gaius calling Chrom Blue funny.

i think the major issue with the villains in this game is that they couldn't decide who was the most major villain. i mean, we have Gangrel in the spotlight for the first ten chapters or so, then we change to Walhart for the next 10ish chapters, then Validar for the remaining. If they would have just focused on developing one villain instead of having 3 separate ones, then maybe we would have a more compelling and interesting villain.

yeah, i mean, Validar is supposed to be the big bad, but considering that his presence was minimal compared to the other baddies, we neither had a good understanding of him, his nefarious plot, or the background events surrounding Grima.

shame, Validar was set up to be a really awesome bad guy.

i think the major issue with the villains in this game is that they couldn't decide who was the most major villain. i mean, we have Gangrel in the spotlight for the first ten chapters or so, then we change to Walhart for the next 10ish chapters, then Validar for the remaining. If they would have just focused on developing one villain instead of having 3 separate ones, then maybe we would have a more compelling and interesting villain.

yeah, i mean, Validar is supposed to be the big bad, but considering that his presence was minimal compared to the other baddies, we neither had a good understanding of him, his nefarious plot, or the background events surrounding Grima.

should've given Validar a special line in Chapter 13 if you named your avatar Luke Kappa.png

on topic, new and improved Tiki: shoving apples down a princess's throat

^ I disagree and I believe that award goes to the FE9 cast.

I think the overall plot of Awakening is decent enough. But the villains are easily some of the least compelling this series has ever produced.

I think the plot falls really flat after you beat Walhart (though dropping the Excellus subplot really quickly was a bummer). Before that we've got a good thing going, provided Gangrel's whole backstory and motivations were explained sooner rather than in a Paralogue. Gangrel was the opposite of Emmeryn whereas Walhart is her foil, which was a good dynamic for some of the villains I felt - it's just that the whole Grima thing felt like it came out of nowhere (even though I know it didn't) and was just left sorta out there. But hey, I guess they needed to resolve Lucina and Avatar's whole story.

btw I loved Lucina's ending, as sad as it was.

Edited by Lord Raven

Hilarity is everywhere in this game. Even Miriel gets in on it at times. I think it really is the funniest by far.

Brady: "You are totally breaking character, Owain."

Owain: "Brady, you're totally crying."

Brady: "ITS THE ONIONS!"

Owain: "Those are potatoes you're cutting up."

Brady: "SOMEONE HAS TO FEEL BAD FOR THEM!"

So much funny happens in just about everywhere. Even level up quotes and crit quotes.

That is amazing. Brady has a heart of gold.

It's been a long time since I've really laughed at a game, and I'm glad it's Fire Emblem that did it to me. I prefer games have a good blend of seriousness and levity, and I think Awakening did a good job balancing the two.

Awakening made me laugh more than any other FE game for sure, but I thought that if they had showed us more of what the villains were doing and more of their character (Yen'fay or whatever his name was for example) and show us just why the antagonists were so dangerous (escape chapters or defend chapters would help in this regard) instead of having Chrom defeat them every chapter, would have made the story much better in my opinion.

They wanted to go with something else which makes them (IS+Nintendo) so great. An execution trial would have made it better seeing Chrom in chains while Lucina has to rescue him before he dies making her the main character for the next 10 chapters, or so would have made it so much better. Like Eirika and Ephraim and Celica and Alm separate themselves for awhile to make the story alot more interesting.

And he's no Gharnef archtype either. =P

-----

Noire always has a place in my soul. =)

In my opinion, this game has some of the best characters. Inigo. Just... Just... Inigo. Seriously. He's awesome. His supports with his mother and father. Just... Just go read them and enjoy.

But this thread isn't. It's about funnies.

And, the C-Support with Lucina and her mother is HILARIOUS, in my opinion. A dress with giant pink polka dots with Emmeryn's face. Heck, I'd wear that dress!

It could just be my secret love for her, but I find Noire's psychotic outbursts quite adorable.

I haven't seen them all, but Owain's dialogue all seem wonderful.

And all three of the Ricken and FeMu supports are good.