Can't wait till someone hacks FE13

Yes, I am aware this is topic is somewhat dumb. . . ok, maybe very dumb

but it'd be interesting to see what creative hackers could do with the Awakening assets.

I've seen a lot of complaints and nitpicks over Awakening over on it's respective board (some of which I agree with, but most of which are really subjective), so I wonder what hackers would do to improve the game. Or hell, make a new one from scratch.

thoughts?

I'd actually love to see some expansive tools made for FE13, in due time. It's a low priority, but adding the FEA skills to FEXP is also one of my own goals. However the power of the FEA engine and its potential make me wish IS would just release a FE creation utility for it, maybe in the cost range of a hundred dollars or something, I dunno. Even if they did that for the GBA games, it'd be epic.

Edit: Wtf your avatar?

Edited by Klok

If/when people actually get around to being able to play and hack 3DS ROMs, I think some pretty awesome stuff could come of it, for sure. It would require a lot of effort compared to the 2D installments to make a new game, though, unless you wanted to just construct all your new characters out of Avatar pieces. That still leaves the new maps, though, if any were to be implemented.

Personally, I think it'd be neat to see some homebrew DLC for Awakening. That's be awesome.

I just want to hack FE13 to gather data and assets : P

I still remember the day the Wii encryption just got cracked and I went and cracked FE10 wide open. Funnily enough, Nolan's Luck growth was totally wrong.

I can wait

because I don't even have the slightest ounce of hope that someone might hack it, not when the 3DS itself hasn't really been hacked >_<;

We should just beg Nintendo to release the growth rates instead.

I also find that collecting data is the most boring aspect of ROMHacking :P

Blasphemy!

Well, it probably is to most people; I've gotten used to it by now : P

But anyway, I'm not expecting anything either. Maybe it's for the best too (as in no rampant piracy like the DS days).

We could all pool our data together, assume the rng is not biased, let each level up in each stat be a bernoulli trial, then create a confidence interval for where we think the growth should be based on what we leveled up... Though we'd need a LOT of data for that to be accurate. If we got 20 people to get 20 level ups each, then we could narrow it down to a 5% interval(at 95% confidence)...

*volunteers self for number crunching but absolutely refutes to grind characters on end for hours*

Edited by Crazycolorz5

Yes... I just found that. I am so happy about this.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=37764

Muahahaha finally I get to do something useful!!!

Perhaps I can devise a method for finding out a class's growths? If we can pinpoint two different character's growths in the one class and their growths in some other classes, we might be able to get at their base stats(with some overlap?) then from there just subtract and get the class growths... if that made sense. I'll think on it.

I just want to hack FE13 to gather data and assets : P

I still remember the day the Wii encryption just got cracked and I went and cracked FE10 wide open. Funnily enough, Nolan's Luck growth was totally wrong.

whoa what, what'd you guys put originally lol

I'm kind of lazy to dig up the records, but I know it was much lower originally. Maybe 30 or 40%.

For reference, there was another character (Heather, was it?) with one growth rate wrong (in of the two guidebooks), but there wasn't much change and I *think* I used the correct value anyway.

If there were issues then, I'm afraid to imagine how wrong some of the current FE13 growths are X D

3ds is hacked, resources and tools aren't publicly available. Dammit I want dragonskin and rightful god on everyone ;~;

Though you can try your luck with This if you manage to get your hands on an FE13 rom rip in order to gather data.

Edited by someonewhodied