I missed the application deadline for a speech

My Japanese instructor was pretty gung ho about me entering in the county's speech contest. I kind of was too after hearing about the cool prizes you can win and how easy it seemed. But I missed the application by two days because I forgot to check my e-mail.

H-hold me SF. I feel cold

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just recently reconfigured all my e-mail crap to be less clunky so that I would have more incentive to actually check it.

Maybe you need to get more organized

my old email actually stated that i had 9999+ unread emails. like it literally said "9999+"

that's when i decided i needed a new email.

hate spam, it sucks

As far as I know, it's whatever I like. Though I recall her mentioning that the topic had to include encouragement towards a change, so I'm guessing it would have to be commentary on something at least mildly important to a group of people.

doesn't sound bad. at least it doesn't have to be on something you don't care about at all DX

can you find out the speech topics of previous winners? like that you could gauge more or less the types of topics that the judges prefer, so you're not just going out there blindly, hoping you strike gold.

doesn't sound bad. at least it doesn't have to be on something you don't care about at all DX

can you find out the speech topics of previous winners? like that you could gauge more or less the types of topics that the judges prefer, so you're not just going out there blindly, hoping you strike gold.

Hey that's a good idea. I think I'll ask my instructor about that.

A classmate said he's going to be talking about dialects, i.e. Osaka-ben and the like.