• Oscar
    • Rolf
    • Titania
    • Rhys
    • Soren
    • Gatrie
    • Shinon
    • Mia
    • All of them are good! go greil mercenaries!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no it doesn't.

Valkyrie

mythologically, valkyries were battle maidens. they chose the slain and the survivors, and all that junk. as battle maidens, it makes more sense for valkyries to use weapons over magic, don't you think?

storyline wise, it makes more sense for Mist to use weapons. She is supposed to symbolize "balance", and does that effectively by using both swords and staves. she savagely kills her enemies using a sword, while kindly healing her allies with the staves. The idea of balance is more distinct by using a sword over using magic. and furthermore, using both swords and staves makes her use both her magic and strength stat, making her more "balanced"

gameplay wise, she probably would be much better using magic. however, it really doesn't stop her from being a useful unit, since magic weapons were practically made for her, and you get two magic swords that Mist is the most qualified unit to use. she may not be killing as much as she would if she used magic, but its still reasonable.

so, overall, i prefer Mist using weapons over magic.

:mellow:

I meant gameplay wise, oh and nice information thanks( I never thought of magic swords)

I meant gameplay wise, oh and nice information thanks( I never thought of magic swords)

lol!

sometimes i get to analytical like that, and i tend to go overboard a bit!

:P

Boo.... They kick ass for us PE people

No they don't

I usually play Fixed Mode, so even when judging from my own personal experiences I can say they're not so great, or just plain horrible.

No they don't

I usually play Fixed Mode, so even when judging from my own personal experiences I can say they're not so great, or just plain horrible.

maybe thats why. I always play random

I seem to have already voted, even though I didn't post. I can't remember who I voted for, but it was most likely Titania. She's my favorite character in the game.

So you're the solo Titania voter, eh?

i feel kinda sad that Rhys has more votes than Mist

:(

Rhys can heal people completely with a Heal staff thanks to his high magic. Mist gets nowhere near as good as that (although, my lack of using Mist really came back to bite me in the ass when I got to the Black Knight... :(). I think Rhys deserves the votes.

Rhys can heal people completely with a Heal staff thanks to his high magic. Mist gets nowhere near as good as that (although, my lack of using Mist really came back to bite me in the ass when I got to the Black Knight... :(). I think Rhys deserves the votes.

that would be true and all if this was based only on unit usefulness.

but this is about your favorite Greil Mercenary, and I find Rhys kinda blegh as a character

DX

perhaps its my obsession with valkyrie units that makes me favor her, though.

that would be true and all if this was based only on unit usefulness.

but this is about your favorite Greil Mercenary, and I find Rhys kinda blegh as a character

DX

perhaps its my obsession with valkyrie units that makes me favor her, though.

D=

I like Rhys! =D Guess I like how his character/personality is.

One of my fave Greil Mercenary moments is in PoR when they're deciding what to do with Elincia. Greil wanted to hear from everyone and it really felt like they were a team. When Ike takes over, he only wants to hear from Titania & Soren as if the other opinions don't really matter. Yeah, they wouldn't be able to do that for every mission but once in a while it would've been nice to hear what the others had to say. Instead, its kinda like the Ike/Titania/Soren show and the others are nonexistant until the battle starts.

Whoever created this topic spelt mercenary wrong.

Edited by KSFF2150