FE: Awakening Hard Mode Tier List

Pretty sure Owain and Inigo will still be boggled down by their mother's mediocre stats. And the pair-up bonuses don't real help either of them.

The biggest problem is that other female kids really want donnel. He does nothing for Olivia and only passes merc down to Owain. Give him to Sayria, Nowi, or Sully. They benefit the most. (Due to galeforce and armsthrift access.)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it a good idea that Donnel makes an excellent husband for Lissa or Olivia? I'm not sure how fast their support grows since I haven't tried it out but Lissa and Olivia don't care for support bonuses because they're not attacking enemies. As long as they're kept out of OHKO range. Or is he better husband material for someone else? That Aptitude skill should be passed down.

Well, as I see it, Donnel is a good father for just about any kid due to Aptitude.

He's good for any kid, but he's better for Noire, Kjelle, and/or Nah.

For the main campaign, children aren't all that practical. I mean hell, we're not even ranking them on this tier list.

For the postgame, Donnel provides a couple novelty skills in addition to lower stat caps.

The only child I can see him really benefitting is Kjelle, since he grants her a lot of great classes and skills she likely won't have otherwise.

For the main campaign, children aren't all that practical. I mean hell, we're not even ranking them on this tier list.

For the postgame, Donnel provides a couple novelty skills in addition to lower stat caps.

The only child I can see him really benefitting is Kjelle, since he grants her a lot of great classes and skills she likely won't have otherwise.

for postgame, these "novelty" skills include Galeforce

I'd still but Lucina!Morgan above the other Morgans personally, but realistically due to the wait to get Avatar married to her I'd say she goes near bottom of A or top of B as well. Some other Morgans have a potential to be even higher up, assuming your Avatar married a character from before ch. 13/14. It really just comes down to what skills/starting class allow Morgan to catch up the quickest.

So in order I would rank Morgan the following way (generally):

(Anyone including and before Tharja/Libra)!Morgan- High A/Low S

Lucina!Morgan- Low A/High B

(Anyone else)!Morgan- Somewhere in B

If there are particular parents that produce exceptionally good/bad Morgans (by comparison) then they could potentially get their own spot instead of being lumped into the general categories I listed.

Also is there really no hope of seeing Nowi move up at all?

Edited by MercuryHg34

Also is there really no hope of seeing Nowi move up at all?

No hope of anything moving anywhere, the OP hasn't been changed since the day that it was posted. Welcome to Day 16 of the Tier List Hostage Crisis.

It's just a thought to consider since they have completely different potential non-Avatar parents and separate class sets available to them. Then again, if what I said about the non-Avatar parent generally not being significant is true, adding in the fact that Avatar isn't separated by gender means Morgan can probably be one entry with the right assumptions.

Well, that's true.

for postgame, these "novelty" skills include Galeforce

Galeforce is useful if you're beating up on grunts or are trying to rush a boss map. Galeforce is a decent skill for SpotPass and final DLC, but it seems badly overrated to me. Especially considering how much work you have to put in to get it (Dark Flier is not a good class, and you need to stick with it for fifteen levels).

Galeforce is useful if you're beating up on grunts or are trying to rush a boss map. Galeforce is a decent skill for SpotPass and final DLC, but it seems badly overrated to me. Especially considering how much work you have to put in to get it (Dark Flier is not a good class, and you need to stick with it for fifteen levels).

Wut. Dark flier is a great class and galeforce allows you to pretty much one turn every map ever. It's not overrated.

Dark Fliers are pretty damn good. Galeforce just makes them even better.

I'd rather have the skill than the staves that Falcoknights get. Sure, Rescue being E-rank is awesome, but the Falcoknights generally don't have the best MAG around.

Dark Fliers are pretty damn good. Galeforce just makes them even better.

I'd rather have the skill than the staves that Falcoknights get. Sure, Rescue being E-rank is awesome, but the Falcoknights generally don't have the best MAG around.

Bold: I'm not really convinced Dark Fliers have it much better in the MAG department...

Edited by Levant Fortner

Bold: I'm not really convinced Dark Fliers have it much better in the MAG department...

They won't need the MAG, because they still retain lances and obviously Galeforce.

Wut. Dark flier is a great class and galeforce allows you to pretty much one turn every map ever. It's not overrated.

Dark Flier is awful. Not only are Falcon Knight bonuses better, but immediate staff utility is superior to novelty magic access that will rarely, if ever, come into play. Rally Movement is nice, but Rally Speed is arguably better, and I'm not sure which maps can be one-turned with Galeforce that can't be one-turned with flier + dance.

Dark Flier utility seems strictly theoretical, and this applies to Galeforce as much as it does the class itself.

To everyone hyping Galeforce: You realize you are having a worse combat unit overall just for twice the movement on one unit once they finally hit promoted 15 after an approximate eon, and to everyone claiming hat you can one turn maps with a Dark Flier (other than saying maybe that you're nuts), you can do the same with Rescue staff chaining, which is probably more effective as you'd be throwing a far more effective unit at said boss.

Honestly, Galeforce is basically just two player phase actions for most maps. Can we calm down?

Dark Flier is fucking terrible

Galeforce just isn't a feasible skill for most units, i'd say a handful of units (Cordelia, Sumia, FeMU and a handful of other units that escape me atm) can really utilize Galeforce. Other units that go other out of their way to get galeforce just end up gimping their usefulness for a good portion of the game.

Edited by PK Gaming

Chs 20 and 21 almost certainly require Galeforce if you're looking to clear them in a single turn. I can believe that quick clears of 23 and 24 also require Galeforce, largely because of the increase in your effective Mov that Galeforce provides and not so much because of an extra enemy unit dying. With that said, I agree that Dark Fliers are not something worth using unless you're going for the absolute best turncounts you can (which the tier list doesn't assume). You'll have to put up with fifteen levels of being worse than the Falcon Knight all for a skill that you won't get until late in the game (Ch 15 in Hard mode, from what I hear).

You'll have to put up with fifteen levels of being worse than the Falcon Knight all for a skill that you won't get until late in the game (Ch 15 in Hard mode, from what I hear).

Even that's if you bumrush it. Realistically speaking, Ch 20 is probably the absolute earliest, and only Sumia, Cordelia, and Avatar (F) will be able to get it. Kids only if passed down, but then that's late to be getting the kids.

For the sake of this tier list, Galeforce really isn't that special.

Dark Fliers are pretty damn good.

Can you elaborate why?

Unless you mean, Dark Fliers are pretty damn good supports for mages, but Dark Fliers by themselves have poor bases, abysmal characters (Tell me a character whose projected magic growth is over, say, 30% and can be a Dark Flier), and inferior to Falcon Knight Master race.

Can you elaborate why?

Unless you mean, Dark Fliers are pretty damn good supports for mages, but Dark Fliers by themselves have poor bases, abysmal characters (Tell me a character whose projected magic growth is over, say, 30% and can be a Dark Flier), and inferior to Falcon Knight Master race.

Because tomes are that much better than staves? My units never get damaged enough to warrant having healing, and I don't need more than one character to rescue.

And, there are spotpass characters that kick ass as a DF.

And, the only character that can reclass to DF that has a 30% or lower is Cordilia. Everyone else at least has a 35%. FMU can have a huge growth, or a good growth.

Because tomes are that much better than staves? My units never get damaged enough to warrant having healing

Didn't know you could use Nosferatu on Dark Fliers.

Or you grind team into having 6 lon'qus for Pair Up?

...Do you mean the skill list they inherit are decent enough to deserve a recommendation?

And, the only character that can reclass to DF that has a 30% or lower is Cordilia. Everyone else at least has a 35%. FMU can have a huge growth, or a good growth.

I concede that my original comment must have been solely personal experience. But if the game isn't 'hacked' yet (I say this in a deplorable, 'I'm pretty sure that's not the right word for it', kind of way), how do you know if 'Everyone else' has at least a quantitative value of magic growth greater than that of 1/3 of their levels?

To prevent further deviation of the original discussion, I guess I will end my inquiries here. But I will be interested in your counter-points, or angry discussions, what have you. :P

Because tomes are that much better than staves? My units never get damaged enough to warrant having healing, and I don't need more than one character to rescue.

1. Your common DF candidates (Sumia and Cordelia) are going to have ass magic. This thankfully isn't as much of a problem with staff use.

2. SpotPass characters are wholly irrelevant.

3. FeMU has several far superior reclass options than DF.

I concede that my original comment must have been solely personal experience. But if the game isn't 'hacked' yet (I say this in a deplorable, 'I'm pretty sure that's not the right word for it', kind of way), how do you know if 'Everyone else' has at least a quantitative value of magic growth greater than that of 1/3 of their levels?

To prevent further deviation of the original discussion, I guess I will end my inquiries here. But I will be interested in your counter-points, or angry discussions, what have you. :P

Welcome to Serenes Forest, where all sorts of FE data exists

I don't mind debate, but I do mind asking silly questions for your own point's sake.

Welcome to Serenes Forest, where all sorts of FE data exists

I don't mind debate, but I do mind asking silly questions for your own point's sake.

Since the growths on the site have been proven inaccurate to some degree, and it doesn't look like we're going to be able to get the growths from the game itself or Nintendo any time soon, I'm putting this together to try to get some idea of what the growths are.

Anyway, back on topic, how is Gregor in B-tier while Nowi is in D? They join in the same chapter. Is Barbarian Russian really that good over lolManaketes?

Edited by Khan of Blades