FE: Awakening Hard Mode Tier List

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allowing Spotpass shops means allowing buyable Eirika's Sword, Celica's Gale, and Brave Weapons as early as chapter 4.

Which is exactly why I'm against it.

They cost quite a chunk of money, though, and money isn't hugely plentiful for a while.

Not to mention that weapons like Celcia's Gale and Brave Swords are C and A rank respectively, meaning you won't even be able to use them that early anyway.

Even so, I still think Spotpass shopping needs banning since I don't think the effects that allowing it will have on the tier list will be good ones...

Edited by Levant Fortner

But okay, even if we do eliminate Merchant/event tiles (which I don't completely agree with but understand), Bonus Box and Spotpass team shopping should still be allowable. Nothing random there.

I'm not sure why this is a discussion. They are specifically banned, and units are ranked in accordance with said ban. If people want a tier list that includes these things, it should go in another thread. And it should probably be a Lunatic tier list, since the buyables will actually make some of the borderline units usable.

I don't want to split tier lists for something such as this. I mean, I'm not gonna argue this to hell and back, it just seems odd not to include them since there is no random chance involved and they aren't exactly Seth-level broken.

I don't want to split tier lists for something such as this. I mean, I'm not gonna argue this to hell and back, it just seems odd not to include them since there is no random chance involved and they aren't exactly Seth-level broken.

Why do you consider not allowing Spotpass shopping odd? I think it's warranted considering the issues that'd result if it was allowed.

I don't think it would cause issues of the sort that would make tiering more difficult or less accurate, so I don't see the problem. It would change unit positions, but hey, that's the name of the game.

I don't think it would cause issues of the sort that would make tiering more difficult or less accurate, so I don't see the problem. It would change unit positions, but hey, that's the name of the game.

As I see it, early braves and silvers are bad enough, but buyable Mire just sounds way too game-changing - and that's the kind of stuff I'd say is banworthy.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Tharja cannot use Mire at base and even if she could her accuracy would suck with it

I was more referring to the second half of the game, with those bosskill missions

even then, it was a half-joke

We haven't even settled the children paralogues. I don't see the point of throwing another monkey wrench into the standings.

I don't like Spotpass for Hard mode anyway. Its easy enough as it is.

Speaking of the children, is there ever going to be a way to tier them with everyone else? Like if we tiered their best possible parent combo like we did with Lucina?

If we tiered them like Lucina the entire list wouldn't fit in the OP..

I would say figure out a good marriage set up and tier the kids that way but figuring out the setup would be really annoying.

I see no reason why they cannot be added one by one as strong evidence comes around.

Kjelle and Morgan are strong candidates for being tiered.

1) Their chapters can be completed right away after chapter 13 with really no difficulty to completion. This gives them roughly half of the game to still be very useful. I would like to note that Lucina's standing is extremely high as is with only half of the game accessible too.

2) I cannot say much for Kjelle as not much from what I have seen has been properly recorded with her, but with a reclass she is usable. Morgan on the other hand is inheriting veteran either from Avatar directly, reclassing to Tactician, or having Tactician at base. Throw in a reclass and Morgan will catch-up in stats n levels in a couple of turns!

I see no reason why they cannot be added one by one as strong evidence comes around.

1) Their chapters can be completed right away after chapter 13 with really no difficulty to completion. This gives them roughly half of the game to still be very useful. I would like to note that Lucina's standing is extremely high as is with only half of the game accessible too.

2) I cannot say much for Kjelle as not much from what I have seen has been properly recorded with her, but with a reclass she is usable. Morgan on the other hand is inheriting veteran either from Avatar directly, reclassing to Tactician, or having Tactician at base. Throw in a reclass and Morgan will catch-up in stats n levels in a couple of turns!

What I'm saying is that so many potential parents makes it a PITA to tier each one..

In addition to what bearclaw said, there's the problem of having to take into account the fact that some parents will not have an easy time getting married.

In addition to what bearclaw said, there's the problem of having to take into account the fact that some parents will not have an easy time getting married.

Yeah, Cherche comes late, Olivia is kind of.. yeah. Not to mention characters who have trouble with combat..

I think morgan at least could be tiered, or at least given a general position. I also think it would be good to look at the child characters and at least figure out which ones are likely to be obtained and when the chapters will be completed. Like morgan is obviously going to be recruited which gives you a couple nice items as soon as her chapter opens up.

The question is could this increase the position of female characters if using them unlocks a chapter with extra xp and items?

Its all very confusing, but I think it would be very important to discuss factoring something in (possibly in another thread if need be).

That is why I propose we take a look at each child, decide the single best possible combination of parents (and possibly siblings with Morgan and Lucina) in addition to recruitment time and anything gained from each child's chapter as well. We can start with Morgan first if you guys want.

That is why I propose we take a look at each child, decide the single best possible combination of parents (and possibly siblings with Morgan and Lucina) in addition to recruitment time and anything gained from each child's chapter as well. We can start with Morgan first if you guys want.

I'm willing to do this I'm just wondering how we would determine the best combo..