FE: Awakening Hard Mode Tier List

Only a single child makes them a lot worse imo, since it limits them to essentially just Avatar and Lucina for supports. It also means that Male Avatar can't recruit one of his kids, if you do it that way. Two or three plus Lucina is probably doable in any run.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE Lunatic Tier

Usable Tier (in no particular order)

Frederick

Wyvern!Panne

Nowi (by extension gregor)

Anna

Libra

Cordelia

Tiki

maaaybe one or two I forgot

Chrom

Unusable Tier

everyone else

As a person who is playing Lunatic Mode right at this very moment, this is entirely untrue.

As a person who is playing Lunatic Mode right at this very moment, this is entirely untrue.

I have to agree with the other guy you quoted, while some of the others are usable in a sense, theyre not worth it and will fall behind anyways so theres no point. Some are only good for their pair up bonus, etc. Though he forgot to mention Lissa, who is actually crucial to saving Ricken and Maribelle.

EDIT: I wouldnt agree Lucina and Morgan arent viable though, thats just wtf

Edited by Peekayell

Maribell and Ricken don't matter a whole lot in Lunatic.

If youre not a completionist sure, but I usually recruit everyone unless Im LTC'ing. Makes me feel better.

Edited by Peekayell

In time, I think a Lunatic list will work just as well as any other. We just need to get a better grasp on the mode and how to tier this game properly.

In theory, yes. In actual practice, however, I think some people would be intimidated away from contributing (yours truly included), and thus, there wouldn't really be much chance for meaningful discussion.

Saving Ricken gives you an early Elwind, so there is that.

Also, Virion, Sully, Vaike, Sumia, Lon'qu, Kellam, etc. all can see heavy use as pair-up partners on Lunatic and a few can even function as characters.

Edited by IsAnthraxBayad

If you want it that bad, Sumia!Fred can fly up, switch, and trade it off to give it to Miriel/Avatar later on.

Same with Maribelle's Mend.

FYI: Henry was one of my most valuable units in my brisk, no-grind Lunatic playthrough. He had a slow start (literally and figuratively), but he dominated most of the lategame chapters. A Dark Flier Sumia pair-up works wonders for him. And, of course, Nosferatu is too darn good.

I think a Lunatic tier list is inevitable. The chief problem, in my mind, is not that most units have no value, but that the early chapters are so inflexible. I anticipate a bunch of uninteresting debate on the best way to distribute exp in these early chapters (along with inevitable quarrels regarding how much reliability matters).

Where is Seven Deadly Sins? Sumia & Cordelia > Lon'qu seems unanimous, and Vaike > Miriel seems to have a lot of support.

I think a Lunatic tier list is inevitable. The chief problem, in my mind, is not that most units have no value, but that the early chapters are so inflexible. I anticipate a bunch of uninteresting debate on the best way to distribute exp in these early chapters (along with inevitable quarrels regarding how much reliability matters).

Where is Seven Deadly Sins? Sumia & Cordelia > Lon'qu seems unanimous, and Vaike > Miriel seems to have a lot of support.

I think real life might be holding SDS down.

Because that Second Seal isn't there all the time, in comparison to the Second Seals you can get, which means you may not get it in the time needed to make that difference be worth anything.

How is a Second Seal that exists only sometimes because the Merchant might not sell one any different from a Second Seal that exists only sometimes because Panne is using it? I don't see how it makes any difference at all with respect to Miriel's situation. Either way, Miriel is depending on a Seal that is sometimes available to her to use and sometimes not.

Why is Frederick so high? Giving him experience early-game hurts your team and S tier because he gives good pair up boosts early on doesn't seem right to me

If he doesn't get early EXP then he drops off pretty fast and falls behind the rest of your team even faster.

I'm just not seeing S tier for him.

Edited by bearclaw13

Because him falling off is a myth. And probably because hes an amazing unit.

It's not a myth if you use him equally with the rest of your team..

And how is he an amazing unit? His higher bases aren't that great in a game where your team will be getting 5-6 stat level ups more often then not.

Because him falling off is a myth. And probably because hes an amazing unit.

This isn't, strictly speaking, true. He does fall off eventually, but it takes a very long time and he can skill be an excellent pair-up unit due to the Move +1 and Dual Guard+ so the EXP isn't wasted.

Ive used him for all game and he ORKO'd forever in LTC If a unit can do that in LTC, he would probably be better in a normal playthrough. He only really "fell off" in endgame. Just give him a sumia pair up. It's not theory, Ive done it and Horace has done it.

Edited by Peekayell