FE: Awakening Hard Mode Tier List

Im solo'ing HM as we speak with Fred (well with a chrom pair up anyway). And it hasnt even required any thought on my part. Im in chapter 5, will unequip ricken maribelle and send them to their deaths because wynaut

Fredtoogood_zps183fb299.jpg

Edited by Peekayell

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question here seems that if you only use Fred throughout the early game, how long will it take for him to run out of gas? If he's able to solo the entire game, then he's S-tier material because he's capable. If he's not, then he should drop on the list.

Personally as a person who trained Fred in Lunatic Mode (I even reclassed him to Paladin so he could actually dodge shit), I can confidentially say he crashes and burns once you hit Chapter 12. Promoted units appear at this point and their stats wipe the floor with him. So when translating this to Hard Mode, he should last much further.

Frederick isn't only killing things earlygame though, he can do it all game long if you choose for him to do it. In one of my draft runs he's level 14 by Chapter 16, and even though he's down a few points of speed from where he should be he's still a solid contributor.

I find it hard to believe that Fred is going to be doubling anything with 16 speed, or lower if apparently he's speed screwed in addition. Hell, aren't enemies in Chapter 17 going to be doubling him? I know that Valkyries have ~24 speed in that chapter, and Heroes were probably around 22 speed.

Fred Level 18.19 HP 48 Str 26 Mag 4 Skl 21 Spd 17 Lck 14* Def 26 Res 6 Sword A Lance A Axe A

This is him as soon after getting the second seal village, going to reclass to Paladin before the boss to have 20 spd. Fred OP

N.O.W.I is a world-destroying badass. In Cherche's joining chapter she can tank something like 17 guys on the right-hand side and kill most of them, because Nowi. Cherche can Hammer some dude. Big whoop.

Wait, so Nowi isn't crappy?

I actually bothered to check her growths...and...wow. I think I almost regret letting her die in my runs thinking she was going nowhere. Almost.

Anyway, reguarding Frederick:

His EXP is actually relatively decent when compared to the other early pre-promotes. 11 Exp per kill. But that's not very important- Just throwing that out.

On a more relevant case- Frederick actually does pretty decently throughout midgame. His only problem stat, Spd, can be fixed with a support from Sumia, he gets her Spd and in exchange she gets that so desired +Str/Def to help her build into a fantastic unit more easily.

Fred Level 18.19 HP 48 Str 26 Mag 4 Skl 21 Spd 17 Lck 14* Def 26 Res 6 Sword A Lance A Axe A

This is him as soon after getting the second seal village, going to reclass to Paladin before the boss to have 20 spd. Fred OP

You're like one of those noobs who go around showing their RNG abused Lilina as proof in debates, lol.

You're like one of those noobs who go around showing their RNG abused Lilina as proof in debates, lol.

Ive gone through this in less than 40 minutes. No RNG abuse. Im proving a point. People say Seth omg he can solo FE8 so OP. Well guess who also can solo his game's HM from start to finish?

Edited by Peekayell

We need more cases of Fred soloing the game to come to a conclusion. Seth can solo FE8, but that's based on averages, not personal experience.

Im solo'ing HM as we speak with Fred (well with a chrom pair up anyway). And it hasnt even required any thought on my part. Im in chapter 5, will unequip ricken maribelle and send them to their deaths because wynaut

Dollars to donuts that an actual team blows your run out of the water, efficiency-wise. Routs are best approached by spreading out force, which you can't do in a solo run. No matter how strong you make Fred with favoritism, you always leave something on the table.

Wait, so Nowi isn't crappy?

I actually bothered to check her growths...and...wow. I think I almost regret letting her die in my runs thinking she was going nowhere. Almost.

She's freakin' amazing, son. Give her a SPD support (Gregor time!), keep the tonics flowing, and she'll deliver. Permanent 1-2 range, tons of durability, levels extremely quickly (after she hits level 30, just reclass her to Manakete again). All you need to do is get her doubling, which happens after a few chapters.

Ok, protecting Olivia is gonna be a pain in this chapter.

And olwen, I think Fred is at his average spd. Though im not sure about that massive str def. Recently got defender, hes getting 8 xp per kill. Chrom is surprisingly getting enough exp through dual strikes because hes actually killing the enemies (due to fred not quite OHKO'ing and chrom dealing the rest of the damage haha). The run is a solo until Chapter 23 after all, where chrom and avatar need to take out validar on their side.

NVM, got through it just fine. Cherche is the real tough one. Can she even avoid combat with only fred?

Unequipped her and let her die.

Lucina apparently is the result of Chrom banging avatar for some reason.

28HP 10 Str 3 Mag 14 Skl 14 Spd 13 Lck 9 Def 5 Res loool

Skipped first EP of Chapter 14 and fred apparently didnt ORKO a general and a great knight with the javelin. IT BEGINS!

Edited by Peekayell

Ive gone through this in less than 40 minutes. No RNG abuse. Im proving a point. People say Seth omg he can solo FE8 so OP. Well guess who also can solo his game's HM from start to finish?

I don't think anyone was in any doubt that Frederick could solo the game in earlygame chapters against shitty unpromoted enemies.

Lucina apparently is the result of Chrom banging avatar for some reason.

28HP 10 Str 3 Mag 14 Skl 14 Spd 13 Lck 9 Def 5 Res loool

Skipped first EP of Chapter 14 and fred apparently didnt ORKO a general and a great knight with the javelin. IT BEGINS!

That actually looks like the two Lucys I got (I'm on my second playthrough due to the Soul Draft). But then again, Chrom is married the generic maid. I don't know what other Lucina's bases are.

That actually looks like the two Lucys I got (I'm on my second playthrough due to the Soul Draft). But then again, Chrom is married the generic maid. I don't know what other Lucina's bases are.

Actually, children characters have bases determined by:

[(mother's current stats - mother's class base stats) + (father's current stats - father's class base stats) + child's absolute base stats] / 3 + child's class base stats

Its more the fact that he didnt have Chrom on his lap anymore. Which leads me to believing Chrom really is the best support bot in the game. He makes anyone have ridiculous dodge. Btw, I finished just now. Taking pics with my webcam brb.

EDIT: Interesting, everyone is bronze except Chrom and Fred. I didnt know everyone could be bronze!

Edited by Peekayell

Its more the fact that he didnt have Chrom on his lap anymore. Which leads me to believing Chrom really is the best support bot in the game. He makes anyone have ridiculous dodge.

toldyouso.jpg

Great stat bonuses, Dual Strike+, unlimited weapon, hits three effective types, lacks 1-2 range of his own... he was destined to be in someone's pocket.

toldyouso.jpg

Great stat bonuses, Dual Strike+, unlimited weapon, hits three effective types, lacks 1-2 range of his own... he was destined to be in someone's pocket.

clearly that would be female Avatar's pocket

Yeah, pretty much. He got enough exp on just dual strikes alone to be able to ORKO validar. Part of that is because he would dual strike just after fred weakened so he got 10 xp sometimes.

Totaltime_zpsfe2e4991.jpg

Couldve beaten it faster if the focus was speedrunning it since the beginning, but it wasnt until Ch14 where I started enemy phase skipping.

Chrom_zps448c547c.jpg

Apparently he married the Maiden and not avatar, I couldve sworn I saw avatar in the cutscene before I skipped it (?). Got enough exp in Fred's saddlebags to KO validar with a silver sword.

Battles 1 Victories 1 Silver

Fred_zps3593104c.jpg

That's 18 Great Knight/ 20 Paladin/ 19 Paladin iirc. Maybe another tier of paladin im not sure.

He received: A godess icon, Speedwing, 2 Talismans. Capped hp Level 14 during Chapter 23 and str during chapter 23 I dont know which level. then he capped skl the spd in Ch24. Surprisingly, never capped def. Skills were discipline, aegis, Outdoor Fighter, Luna and Defender.

Battles 793 Victories 642 Gold

Robin_zpsd8d76fef.jpg

Its weird to see avatar unpaired and completely ignored for once, isnt it?

Anyways, things I noticed:

1. Chrom is a beast supporter like Interceptor said. Him supporting Fred yields him 10 xp often due to dual strike kills as opposed to dual strike hits only with avatar.

2. Fred has good growths, though he did get a like 5 levels of hp only or hp skl lck and he starts getting 8 exp per kill by Level 15 Great Knight and stays that way.

3. Luna was actually useful in C24 (I noticed he ORKO'd some Great Knights with spear after skipping EP and others were still alive so I imagine it was Luna) and vs Grima, as he Luna'd twice (only to get Pavise'd) in the first round. Grima was healed by falcos, and Fred was attacked during EP by a lot of enemies but he was brought down to like 54 hp out of 80. I thought endgame enemies would be the toughest yet, but Chapter 23 was harder.