Who is your favorite villain(s) in the FE series (possible spoilers)

Shikinoyume

i see all these threads where people ask who are your favorite characters, and ect

and a few of you listed villains which i found very interesting.

so i want to know who your Favorite villain is, and why.

to kick things off i will start~

i Personally liked the Black Knight in PoR and RD he had it all

Mysterious, Cool, Intelligent, Strong, a Interesting back story, and the one thing every villain needs! his fights were always really epic!

Sephiran from RD: because he well because he was a effing BAD ASS!

i don't want to say much about what he did because of possible spoilers so... ill just leave it at that.

(and he was hot) @~@

i know there are not too many good Villains and some get no screen time but one line when you kill them :/

im just curious as to who some of your favorits are

Edited by Shikihime

I'll say Trabant. He's surprisingly efficient. He's even ready to die to accomplish his plan.

He is a perfect evil manipulative bastard, but you can understand his motivation.

Also, seeing that he and Quan/Leif have the same goal, but completely opposite plans is quite interresting.

And obviously Alvis is cool too. Less efficient than Trabant, but still really powerful.

A fierce opponent that goes from young manipulative bastard to bitter emperor, crushing your dreams and seeing his dream crushed in return. I can never totally hate him...

EDIT : And the memetic Pascal the Beast, that in only one chapter, in Hector Mode, shown his crazy psychopat's prowess.

Zephiel, Lyon and Nergal have a mention, here

Edited by TendaSlime

I remember having this thread a couple times, but I'll take any chance to sing Manfloy's praises. Spoiler alert for dudes who haven't played fe4/5

Manfloy/froy kinda fucked up at the end of his game, but I like how close he came to total victory, and how he played a continent against itself with minimal direct interference. Not much of a stage presence, but that's what makes him so dangerous. He actually got to run the show about as openly as a devil-worshiping cultist possibly could for over ten years!

Also, heck of a track record. Plays royal houses against each other on both the national and international stages, orchestrates bro/sis marriage to produce about as close as FE's going to get to literally the Antichrist, enables a progressively more brutal imperialist regime that employs slaves, spreads rapine and fear throughout the land and generally does its best to trample every common person on the continent to the best of its ability, and both burns children alive and brainwashes many of them into mindlessly serving the FE equivalent of the devil.

Edited by Rehab

I consider the BK to be more of an anti-hero due to RD, but he was still a villain at times as well, so I'll say him! I thought he was pretty badass with his design and battle animation. ^^

lol i do like Walhart, or.. Wallmart IMO for lulz

I remember having this thread a couple times, but I'll take any chance to sing Manfloy's praises. Spoiler alert for dudes who haven't played fe4/5

Manfloy/froy kinda fucked up at the end of his game, but I like how close he came to total victory, and how he played a continent against itself with minimal direct interference. Not much of a stage presence, but that's what makes him so dangerous. He actually got to run the show about as openly as a devil-worshiping cultist possibly could for over ten years!

Also, heck of a track record. Plays royal houses against each other on both the national and international stages, orchestrates bro/sis marriage to produce about as close as FE's going to get to literally the Antichrist, enables a progressively more brutal imperialist regime that employs slaves, spreads rapine and fear throughout the land and generally does its best to trample every common person on the continent to the best of its ability, and both burns children alive and brainwashes many of them into mindlessly serving the FE equivalent of the devil.

whoa... that makes me want to play FE4/5 now @-@

TO THE INTERWEBZ!!

Edited by Narga_Rocks
don't double post, please

spoilers(obviously)

Lyon for me because its so sad how he ended up as the demon kings puppet just for wanting to save Grado.

Honorable mention: Black Knight; he's pretty badass

I like the pure evil sort of villains, Gharnef because of his sadistic cruelty, Medeus because of his great ambitions, and Manfroy because of his strategizing mind. But most of all, I like Nergal, he's a mix of the three, likes to go around, corrupting the masses, and feeding on energy. The part in which he kills Ninian completely through me off guard, and he does nothing but stare and laugh at Eliwood's pain.

And then you find he wasn't really a bad guy at all, just looking for his kids. Oh the irony.

I'd have to say Arvis, Trabant, Julius.

Manfloy would be on this list if he had just killed Julia instead of brainwashing her to fight Seliph, because it backfired horribly and Julius would have been the hardest final boss in the series if it weren't for the Naga tome.

Manfloy, for many of the previous reasons.

His manipulation was excellent, and his presence was always there, even if there was a large gap between physical appearances.

I also like Alvis. I really felt sorry for him. He had noble intentions, and wanted a peaceful empire, but was twisted by Manfloy away from his ideals. His final act was to betray his own son, and yet, either for pride or to protect Julia, he still fought Celice, even if he would rather join him. He even aggrovated Celice by calling his father "pathetic" because, at least I saw it as, he wanted to die, and be freed from Manfloy's manipulation.

I liked Ephraim!Lyon and Trabant the best, I would say.

I only like that route's version of Lyon, though, mostly because we don't actually see Lyon on Eirika's route; we see Formortiis. I really liked the Ephraim version of Lyon, though, for actually trying and often succeeding in controlling the demon king. And pretending to be possessed in order to keep Riev in line was a stroke of genius, too. He's an interesting character, and in a rarity for the series, the game is actually rather subtle about it.

Trabant, meanwhile, is very similar to Arvis, and I'd even say that the two are sort of mirrors to each other. Both of them killed Gen 1 main characters through some form of treachery. Both of them became kings. They both take extreme actions to do what they think is best for their countries. They even look rather similar; if it wasn't for their hair colors, you could hardly tell them apart. The main difference, and the reason I like Trabant more; is that Trabant understands the implications of his actions. While Arvis deludes himself into believing that betraying Sigurd and becoming Emperor was the right thing to do, even as his empire crumbles as a direct result, Trabant realizes that he is a terrible person for what he did to Cuan and Ethlin. And when his adopted daughter seemingly dies for it, it inspires him to lead his suicidal charge against Seliph's group. And he knew that it was suicide, too; he didn't even bring the Gungnir with him. Trabant just had a surprising amount of depth for having a much smaller role in the story than Arvis did.

Eremiah. I don't think I've ever gone so quickly from absolutely loathing a character to feeling complete and utter sorrow for them. Katarina also gets half a point for her sidestory.

Veld

I would say Manfloy due to his entire presence throughout the game and the fact that his plan came so close to realization. Too bad he screwed up big time and pulled a stereotypical "Why didn't you just kill her" villain moment at the very end.

Anywho, Trabant easily makes the list because of the deepness of his character. Everything he did, he did for the sake of his country, even though he acknowledged what an evil person it has made him become and he at least realized that what he did was wrong, separating him from a good portion of the FE villains.

I'm not sure if an antagonist counts as a villain, but if that is the case, Shiharam is another one of my favorite antagonists because he was completely against Daein's actions such as flooding the village of Talrega in order to halt Crimea's advance and the racism of the laguz, yet he had to follow through with these things in order to not be viewed as a traitor. Both decisions he could make would damn him, and this kind of situation is hard to come across in any FE game. Giving Jill a lot of character development also helps.

Lastly, Lloyd and Linus are some of my favorite villains, as they show that the Black Fang was just carrying out orders and they were lead to believe that Eliwood and co. were evil and should be killed. The fact that they are actually good people who thought that they were doing the right thing and even listen to Eliwood and co.'s side of the story puts them as good villains in my book.

I liked Ephraim!Lyon and Trabant the best, I would say.

I only like that route's version of Lyon, though, mostly because we don't actually see Lyon on Eirika's route; we see Formortiis. I really liked the Ephraim version of Lyon, though, for actually trying and often succeeding in controlling the demon king. And pretending to be possessed in order to keep Riev in line was a stroke of genius, too. He's an interesting character, and in a rarity for the series, the game is actually rather subtle about it.

Trabant, meanwhile, is very similar to Arvis, and I'd even say that the two are sort of mirrors to each other. Both of them killed Gen 1 main characters through some form of treachery. Both of them became kings. They both take extreme actions to do what they think is best for their countries. They even look rather similar; if it wasn't for their hair colors, you could hardly tell them apart. The main difference, and the reason I like Trabant more; is that Trabant understands the implications of his actions. While Arvis deludes himself into believing that betraying Sigurd and becoming Emperor was the right thing to do, even as his empire crumbles as a direct result, Trabant realizes that he is a terrible person for what he did to Cuan and Ethlin. And when his adopted daughter seemingly dies for it, it inspires him to lead his suicidal charge against Seliph's group. And he knew that it was suicide, too; he didn't even bring the Gungnir with him. Trabant just had a surprising amount of depth for having a much smaller role in the story than Arvis did.

I have some slightly different interpretation here.

First, it's never made clear if Lyon was really controlling Formortiis, or just deluding himself. That just made him more subtle, so it's pretty positive.

Now, Trabant. I agree with the parallel with Alvis. Like I said, he also parallel Cuan, because he has the exact same goal, but he chosed a totally diferent approach. And then you remember ne has all the reasons to Cuan. Cuan possess the privileged land, whereas Trabant's men have to resort to Banditism and mercenary to survive. He chosed extreme actions because he didn't have other choices (or at least that's what he thought). Trabant'schoice were questionable, but he was a really competent leader, who did everything he could for his Kingdom. Contrary to Cuan,he needed the unification to makes his people survive.

But I didn't think it did suicide only because he regreted his actions.

Now,I think he discovered he was to old for this, and decided to entrust the land to Areone. He chosed to retire in all his glory.

First, it's never made clear if Lyon was really controlling Formortiis, or just deluding himself. That just made him more subtle, so it's pretty positive.

Doesn't Fomortiis make it clear at the end that Ephraim Mode Lyon was deluding himself?

At any rate, I do like Eirika Mode's version of Lyon more than his Ephraim Mode version, but he's not exactly a favorite villain of mine.

As for favorites, I happen to like Idun the most. But exactly as a villain per se, but I do find whatever we do know about her to be tragic. Seeing as she was dragged into a war she had absolutely no business fighting. Not to mention the fact that she was reduced to being a mere remnant of her former self. It's easy to see why Hartmut spared her, and why Roy felt sorry for her. I just wish we knew more about her than we already do. I hope she comes back in a future FE title.

Travant, and Walhart were already covered. And I'll throw in Arvis too.

The Black Knight, due to being badass AND playable (albeit briefly).

Honourable mentions: Ashera, Petrine and Ashnard.

Edited by NinjaMonkey