Who is your favorite villain(s) in the FE series (possible spoilers)

Shikinoyume

Sephiran, for his dastardly awesome Palpatine-esque plans that he orchestrated through both games.

Arvis, for actually succeeding in what he wanted to do. And he has an awesome guilt trip at the end of the game, so much that you kind of feel sorry for him.

Black Knight for being a complete badass.

I guess overall the villains of Jugdral and Telius really stood out to me the most.

• 2 weeks later...

General Petrine from FE9, she cracks me up with her curses. I wish she had more backstory, they showed a tip of the iceberg.

I love her so much I used to dye my hair the same color green as her. I'm hoping to do a cosplay next year when I can afford the supplies :D

Gheb is the best.

Gheb the Hut is so awesome. Though I was expecting Tana wearing a chainmail bikini. >:

I find Alvis the coolest villain of all. I think...

... his sacrifice was really sad, and seeing him acknowledge that his ambition made the world what it is during Gen 2 is also a tearjerker. He also plays the role of villain to the end, mocking Seliph and his father, obeying Julius just so he wouldn't kill his daughter. For me, he's the most tragic villain

I also like Lekain as a villain for all he did in FE10, even if he brought destruction onto himself from the war. Sephiran's motives simply don't make any sense to me, since he also loved Sanaki.

Edited by Rapier

The Begnion Senate. They were out for themselves, but did not realize that they were the ones being manipulated.

honestly, i think FE9 and 10 had the best villains of the lot. mainly because they were so petty, vain, and deluded that they felt as the most real out of the lot.

at the very least, they've been the ones i've hated the most and enjoyed the most having killed off, so i think that's a mark of their success as villains.

I think I would say Zephiel because I find his story so sad, especially how he could have been a totally different person and ruler, and all of FE6 would have been avoided, had his father not been such a terrible man. He's easy to sympathize with and hard to blame having seen him as a child in 7 and finding out how sad pretty much his whole life was.

• 2 months later...

FE9 and FE10 have the best villains in my opinion.

Zelgius/Black Knight :

- Honorable, strong, brave, intelligent, loyal, badass, lots of noble qualities, without being like a Gary Stu-kind character. My all-time favorite antagonist/character in FE.

- He's Branded

- His background was kind of tragic (being discriminated against, mistreated, rejected) Was an ordinary soldier at first, but eventually rose through ranks and became the greatest General of Begnion, if not the best of Tellius.

- And he's kinda handsome :P

- Has one of the saddest death scene/speech.

Sephiran/Lehran :

- Gentleman kind of guy :P But turns out to be one of the biggest and most important antagonist of the game.

-The only Heron Laguz who knows magic :P And the only black Heron in the game.

-The best magic unit ever in the game (sadly, we only get to play him in only one chapter :P ).

- A nice guy (he practically saved Zelgius's life).

- Poor guy, he has a tragic life too.

- His death scene almost made me cry :O (I had to try hard not to shed a tear) And his final conversation with Sanaki was... ah ah ...

Levail (Not exactly a villain :-/ ) :

- Like Zelgius, he's honorable and brave.

- One of his admirable traits is that he is super loyal to Zelgius. He'd do anything for Zel and eventually died fighting for him. Always loyal to him even till the very end, yeah.....

There are more villains that I like, but those 3 are the only ones that I can remember clearly (Haven't touch a single FE game for a long time)

Edited by RidellCrimea

Trabant

Here, you have a clever villain who manages to actually WIN, and in fact he wins even more by losing in the story, showing how hax he really is. His goals is also not a simple "OMGDOMINATETHEWORLD" or something like that, which make him an overall interesting character.

Although the fact that FE4 and FE5 has a conflict on their potrayal and characterization is.... weird to say the least

Hardin because of the tragic factor, although I like him MOSTLY because of how they manage to perfectly potray him as a fearsome villain. I mean, here you have someone who was one of your greatest ally, and in the end, become a king. Good for him. And suddenly, in the next game he become evil and all and when he first shows up, his themesong and his stats basically screams "OH GOSH IM SCREWED". I must admit, when I beat him at the end of chapter 20, its basically the single most satisfying thing to do in FE3/FE12, and for a game where you need to KILL DRAGONS everywhere, thats saying something

I still want that Evil!Zealot IS

I liked most of the Jugdral villains but Arvis, Travant, Ishtar, and Julius were my favorites. For the other games my favorites were the Black Knight, Jarod, Gangrel, Zephiel, and Hardin.

A lot of the FE villains were cool, but Lyon was the best; tragic "villains" touch me the most because you're fighting against someone you typically care for or at least know deep down is good. I don't know anything more evil than having to fight or kill a loved one, especially one who is still conscious on the inside and is forced to see all the horrors they commit when being possessed by the Demon King, which is why I prefer Eirika story Lyon; Ephraim story Lyon seemed completely unrealistic to me.

No other antagonist in the series made me hurt so much to have to fight and kill....which is why I rank Sacred Stones as one of my favorites.

(I'm such a masochist sometimes...)