Regarding the Falchion

Zarb

Am I the only one who just uses the Falchion with Chrom?

The only time I've used a sword other than the Falchion on him was when I wanted to see what it looked like.

It's just in my nature to preserve the use of weapons, and since the Falchion can be used infinitely I tend to only use it.

Does anyone else do this, or is it just me?

Edited by Zarb

Nah youre not the only one. Why bother with other weapons when you got an infinite usage one right there and it does the job just fine? Right? I do the same thing with Lucina so if i reclass her, i tend to make sure its a sword usage class.

I do the same with Owain despite not having an infinite weapon. Because Sword hand.

I love the Exalted Falchion because it reminds me of the Monado from Xenoblade.

I only use the Falchion with him.

The only time I made him use lances/a different weapon entirely was when I wanted his lance rank to go up & when I class changed him to a Demon Fighter today.

But he's a Great Lord again so.... I'm back to Falchion-only-Krom, lol

Maybe if Falchion had more than 5 MT I would have him use only that. I default to Falchion if it won't make a difference, but I'm perfectly fine giving him stronger and more accurate weapons.

Lucina almost exclusively uses hers because it's actually pretty powerful.

Maybe if Falchion had more than 5 MT I would have him use only that. I default to Falchion if it won't make a difference, but I'm perfectly fine giving him stronger and more accurate weapons.

Lucina almost exclusively uses hers because it's actually pretty powerful.

yeah, Parallel Falchion is actually good, it's even stronger than a silver sword (unlike Chrom getting stuck with an infinite iron sword essentially for most of the game)

Edited by shadykid

Falchion and Rapier for early game, then end up giving the latter to Pr. Marth since Chrom has built up enough strength to negate armor. I give him a Noble Rapier later, but I almost never use it, ESPECIALLY after getting the Exalted Falchion.

On Hard, I will sometimes not use Falchion just to get higher damage or critical until it becomes the Exalted Falchion. Plus I devoted some time into lances so he can attack from a far. But in essence, I heavily use it more than any other weapon on Chrom.

I used the Falchion 90% of the time before post-game, I was only playing on Normal and a you don't need much more than an Iron Sword anyway. After that I had the Exalted Falchion (still does a good job most of the time), a Spear (ranged), a forged Noble Rapier (used against high-level Generals), and a forged Brave Lance (when I REALLY needed to ruin someone's day).

I build up lance rank if just to give him access to brave/silver lances and short spears.

Brave sword has it's own benefits as well, Falchion is great throughout the game. But sometimes there are situational things you could use to do better.

You know, for a legendary sword like Falchion Chrom sure doesn't take very good care of it, constantly shoving it into the ground and stuff. Should seriously consider investing in a sheath.

Then again, FE10 Ike did the same thing (only pre-battle though).

Falchion or Steel Sword til he gets the Exalted Falchion for me...

I'm just a cheapskate who doesn't want to buy expensive weapons, but since the game hands out weapons like candy, I equipped Silvers/Arcs/etc. for the last few chapters. NewYearsEmoticon.gif

I throw the Falchion into the convoy once his weapon rank reaches C. It's got infinite durability, but 5 MT is so bad. I'd rather have a Steel weapon equipped to him.