Streetpass could have been better...

Holy Bagel

So I when out today to get some streetpass tags for my game and I got a streetpass tag from another FE13 player...

Turns out... the player's team was a randomly generated team rather than there team. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

All in all, I wish streetpass(or some other form of partaking ritual) was flesh out better.

I get some streetpasses that are randomly generated (despite passing other players) but i dont mind it to much XD

I just find it funny when i streetpass my little brother's 3DS and still get a random generated team from it (and he's never even touched my english version of Fire Emblem Awakening)

There is also a Streetpass bug. For some people when you Streetpass a team that has Spotpass, DLC, or Avatars other than your own on it it results in a randomly generated team.

Despite how big FE has become because of Awakening, I still doubt that every 3DS you come across will have an Awakening Streetpass team in their SD card.

Spotpass and DLC Characters are the only ones that cause the bug. Other avatars show up on my copies fine... at least on my Japanese copy. I haven't tested it on the English copy simply because I don't have two American 3DSs.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well, you do have to set up a team to streetpass with first. Once that is done, you get that user's team.

I've all ready made a streetpass team. Why else would I make this thread? :|

Randomly generated teams can be other 3DS that don't have Awakening, ya know.

I checked the person in my streetpass plaza, and she was recently playing Awakening.

Ah, here I thought random streetpass teams were actually just spotpass bonuses that appeared here and there, rather than a randomly generated team from streetpassing a 3DS with no FE data on it.

When I was in Japan last year with my copy of Awakening, despite streetpassing left and right, I only ever fought streetpass teams from others who had the game. Otherwise, I would sometimes get random teams that I figured were spotpass on the few days I didn't take my 3DS with me

For me who lives in a place where I get maybe 1-2 tags per day, I don't particularly mind it.

But sure they could have handled it better. Hell they could have handled the multiplayer better. I'm all for the Double Duel but I'd like to truly pit my army against my friend's army on my own free will, not the computers.

But sure they could have handled it better. Hell they could have handled the multiplayer better. I'm all for the Double Duel but I'd like to truly pit my army against my friend's army on my own free will, not the computers.

Think about how it would work with Doubling/Pairing Up with opponents. Those S supports.

DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD.

Yeah, you can see where this is going.

Actually, that'd make for a pretty interesting multiplayer mode, right there.

And hard as hell to code, I'd imagine.

The team didn't need an extra layer of pressure on them when the game itself probably had its share of problems they had to work out, just for a multiplayer mode.

Think about how it would work with Doubling/Pairing Up with opponents. Those S supports.

DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD DUAL GUARD.

Good point.

But you know, they could just make it like classic Fire Emblem multiplayer before Awakening so that we can't use double in multiplayer. I know that's taking away from this game's new gameplay engine, but you know, sometimes I like to play chapters the old fashion way.

Then again, I suppose multiplayer was left as Double Duel so that they could focus more on the DLC stuff, which is a lot of fun. And to be perfectly honest, I never really did do any Fire Emblem multiplayer before in previous titles, especially Shadow Dragon where everyone on Wi-Fi had an army of Swordmasters and Heroes.

I've had one guy so far that wasn't a random team, and I could tell because I'm pretty sure random teams don't have forged weapons available for sale.

And hard as hell to code, I'd imagine.

The team didn't need an extra layer of pressure on them when the game itself probably had its share of problems they had to work out, just for a multiplayer mode.

Haha, I meant the two players getting into a physical fist fight. I don't have too many problems with a lack of multiplayer or anything. :)

Quadruple Brave Weapon Astra Dual Guard+ mode activate!

I don't know if it is of much importance, but I did contact Nintendo support today about this glitch. The man I spoke to said they knew nothing of the glitch previously, but promised to get this info to the higher-ups to possably get an update up to fix this.

That and I fell half asleep wailting in line, so I probably sounded like a goof at first. :p

I went to downtown Chicago once and I got a lot of StreetPasses. A lot of people played Awakening, so I got to see their teams.

I realized I didn't set up my StreetPass team at all, so they probably got a randomized team.

Only a few of them actually set up their StreettPass teams because they had SpotPass and DLC characters along with forged weapons.

Edited by Taser9090