Cordelia and Chrom

It saddens me that Cordelia always talk about Chrom and they can never be; the game doesn't even allow it. No S support, no support at all to begin with (though if there is support options for a male and a female, there is a automatic S requirement, unless they are kin, etc. but that's besides the point.) I think someone on the board mentioned she was of "a character in FE1 archetype"(I forgot the character's name) so therefore she can't be with Chrom, but I am confused by how that justify it at all. Albeit I don't know much of that archtype, as I don't even remember the name. Can someone elaborate and educate me on this subject? I just kinda feel sorry for her. Before I played the game, her art made her came off as a haughty, I'm-too-awesome-for-you kinda character, but she's actually pretty sweet and caring in the game.

Edited by Cucco Jump

On an extended note; even her daughter can't support Chrom's. Two families apart, there. It does make Cordelia's marriages with anybody else feel a little superficial, too.

Ironically, A Female Morgan that ISNT Lucina's daughter cant support with her either.

My male Avatar and Chrom were total bros. Why cant their two daughters support?

She's of the Catria archetype, a Pegasus Knight who was in love with Marth, but could never be with him (due to the fact he never loved her back, and he was in love/engaged to Caeda). The developers made her with that archetype in mind, and wanted her to be another Catria, a woman in love with her prince, but never able to be with him. I believe one of her supports makes a mention that Chrom knows of her feelings, but just doesn't reciprocate (It may be in the Japanese translated ones only though)

Sort of unrelated, but I do like one of her sparkly tile quotes with Severa/Morgan

"Well, I used to be painfully lonely and in love with a man I could not have. I even dreamt of death... But I found another man who sustains me and a daughter I can be proud of. So trust me—no matter how dark things seem, you will always pull through it."

She's modeled after Catria who had an unrequited love for Marth because she didn't want to get in the way of Caeda knowing that she and Marth loved each other. However unlike Marth, Chrom does not have a fixed wife. While it disappointed me that it couldn't happen in a million years, it's the game designers choice not ours.

edit: oh darn beaten to the punch.

But on a side note, Technically if Chrom and Sumia marry then at least Severa can support Cynthia. Though I guess it might be painful that her friend, Sumia, married him. Eh, this is all touchy feely anyways.

Edited by Naui

Forcing you? Who's forced you into anything?

I think he is referring to the Marriage priority she has and the fact that the opening sequence has her and Chrom together with Lucina.

EDIT: ANNND... Chrom and her share a cutscene together and its titled, "Love Birds" <_<

I mean they do make a cute couple. A life time of delicious pies.

Edited by Cucco Jump

Well, Sumia is sort of pushed to be Chrom's pair. But I think it's to give newbies a helping hand in finding a wife for Chrom. What IS bullcrap is that Sumia's supports are as limited as his are.

Besides, if Sumia goes with Chrom, that means she doesn't get Frederick. Hehe.

But I think it's to give newbies a helping hand in finding a wife for Chrom.

And then there's the variations when you DON'T have an S supported Chrom by Chapter 12.

She's the ONLY one who gets a special hug before the scene everyone else gets.

Olivia doesn't even get a confession until you get the flashback. Like the Generic Village girl.

I wish they did a CBA support just for the two to make it more dramatic. Like in the A support, Chrom rejects her (not coldly of course) and Cordelia learns to accepts it and moves on.

Lol and she stalks him if you get the scene with Maribelle(?).

Edited by Cucco Jump

And then there's the variations when you DON'T have an S supported Chrom by Chapter 12.

Olivia doesn't even get a confession until you get the flashback. Like the Generic Village girl.

Well, SOMEBODY has to be top priority in case Chrom ends up with the same amount of support points with two girls that he can marry. And picking Sumia is probably just a shoutout to MarthxCaeda.

So? Female Avatar is the only one that adds to the story if she marries Chrom. I don't see the relevance.

Olivia comes in much later than the others. Generic Village Girl isn't even playable.

Forcing you? Who's forced you into anything?

I guess forced isn't the right word, but they stress that using the examples Cucco used. Plus Sumia has the punching scene and her Event Tile quote when finding an item is "Ooh, I can't wait to show Chrom."

I guess forced isn't the right word, but they stress that using the examples Cucco used. Plus Sumia has the punching scene and her Event Tile quote when finding an item is "Ooh, I can't wait to show Chrom."

My nitpick is, that if they were gonna make it that obvious, that she had more a role in the main story if she did end up marrying him.

I mean... no matter who Chrom marries, unless it's Female MU... they disappear never to be seen again in story context.

I think one of the Bonds DLC has conversations that have conversations with some focus on the unrequited feelings that Cordelia has for Chrom. I read that somewhere on here, can someone confirm that, or am I just spinnning my wheels?

I think one of the Bonds DLC has conversations that have conversations with some focus on the unrequited feelings that Cordelia has for Chrom. I read that somewhere on here, can someone confirm that, or am I just spinnning my wheels?

Only triggers if Tiamo/Cordelia is single.

Here you go:

Chrom x Tiamo DLC Convo

Tiamo: The sandy beaches of mid-summer... How nice. The atmosphere is romantic... If I could come here with that one person, just the two of us, I'm sure we'd definitely feel happiness... Ah!? No no no, what am I thinking? I already decided thay I should lay off..!

Chrom: Lay off what?

Tiamo: Eh!? L-lord Chrom!? N-n-n-nothing!

Chrom: Hm? Aren't you a little jumpy today?

Tiamo: N-no no..! I'm not--

Chrom: Is that so...? A-alright then... Ah... but Tiamo... It's hot here.

Tiamo: Y-y-yes... Yes it is... H-ha..ha....ha..

Chrom: Hey, you're breathing roughly!? You're having a hard time breathing because it's so hot!?

Tiamo: U..um, No! This isn't because I'm hot, it's just that it's too soon that my emotions can't keep up... but to be able to have a rare conversation with you, Lord Chrom, that I'm trembling with happiness...

Chrom: ...?

Tiamo: u-uh, I'm sorry! SUddenly saying strange things...

Chrom: ...Is it really that unusual for me to come talk to you?

Tiamo: N-No! You are always kind to those under you, like me, Lord Chrom. (As in Higher class of person thatn TIamo) S-So it;s not that it's unusual, but I always thought that I'd like to be able to talk to you a lot more... ...Ah!! No no! Even after I decided to lay off!

Chrom: What are you saying..?

Tiamo: P-pardon me! Maybe I am getting affected by this heat. My head is starting to fel dizzy...

Chrom: What!? Say that earlier! Can you walk, Tiamo!? Here, hold on to my arm! I'll take you to a shadede area!

Tiamo: Y-your arm!? Me... Hanging on to Lord Chrom's arm!? T-that makes me too happy... I could just... Die like this!

Chrom: Tiamo!? Don't die! Make sure you're certainly conscious!

Tiamo: Y-yes, I;m fine! I will definitely not die in front of Lord Chrom! W-well then,excuse me for holding your arm... arm... ................

Chrom: What's wrong? Aren't you going to hang on?

Tiamo: N-no! Definitely not! As if I could touch Lord Chrom with these hands! Just imagining it... N-no!

Chrom: WHAT!? H-hey Tiamo!? Hang on! Tiamo!! Tiamooooo!!

Tiamo: I-I can't believe that I had fainted... Behaving this way in front of Lord Chrom! If ord Firein knew of this, I can't imagine what he'd say... Alright, the only way to redeem myself of this failure is on the battle field! Yosh!!!

Chrom: Tiamo! What are you thinking! COming out to a place where the rays (of sunlight) is strong even after what happened that day..!

Tiamo: H-heeeeh!? Lord Chrom!? W-we meet very often today, huh...

Chrom: Its not"We meet very often today"! I was worried about you so I purposely stayed close to you. It'd be dangerous if you fainted again like before.

Tiamo: !! T-Thank you very much... For me... That makes me happy... However, I apologize. I will not be the only one to be sitting around and resting.

Chrom: ...I acknowledge your seriousness, but I want you to take better care of yourself.

Tiamo: What...?

Chrom: To be strict to yourself is a good thing about you, and I;m always helped by that talent of yours... but when your health isn't it's best at the time... I want you to take it easy and rest. You can be a little spoiled towards me, you know...

Tiamo: L-lord Chrom... Thank you very much...

Chrom: As long as you understand. Now, hurry back to your toom. Even if you faint next time, I;m not going to carry you.

Tiamo: Y-yes... Please pardon me... ...w-wait, carried!? Carried as in, carried me? Lord Chrom, you had carried me!?

Chrom: Ah, yeah.

Tiamo: Eeeeeeeee!? I-I'm sorry Lord Chrom! I am sincerely sorry... I... I was heavy, wan't I...?

Chrom: Um.... Yeah.

Tiamo: AAAh, I'm sorry! You don't have to answer that!! It doesnt matter whether you think I'm heavy or not! Knowing will not erase my guilt! Um, I think I'll actually go fight now! I'm fine already!

Chrom: Are you sure?

Tiamo: Yes! Even if I return to my room now, I'd die from self loathing.... I mean, to make up for the amount of time I rested, I have to take down a large amount of enemies! I'll show you by protecting the peace of the sandy beaches!!

Chrom: R-really? Then I'll leave that to you.

Tiamo: Yes!

Chrom: ...haa. Tiamo is always like that whenever I start a conversation with her. Although I think she is just worrying too much because she's a pegasus knight.... She was even weirder today so I'm a lot more worried. Maa, I guess I;ll keep an eye on her to make sure she won't push herself too far.

Tiamo: ...haa... I've talked to him for the first time in a while... Lord Chrom was kind... But those eyes are already looking at someone else... I'm not allowed to think about happiness. I have to give up some day. I know. I really know. Alright, instead of thinking about these things, I'll concentrate on stopping those pirates!

If there's a part that doesn't make sense don't understand what it means, just say something and I'll try to answer the best I can.

Edited by shadowofchaos

if chrom and cordelia could marry then all of cordelia's tile conversations and support conversation are rendered useless since that's the focus of more than 50% of them

I would rather have cordelia's 10-ish bachelors than her with chrom

I wish they did a CBA support just for the two to make it more dramatic. Like in the A support, Chrom rejects her (not coldly of course) and Cordelia learns to accepts it and moves on.

It would be a bit awkward if either or both of them are married. I just think it's better if Chrom doesn't notice Cordelia at all except for that one conversation in DLC.

In fact, does Chrom even talk to her in the story?

It's probably better off that way, though. Unrequited love is the entire point. Can you imagine having a character who's entire personality is that they're obsessed with another character, and then have those two characters actually get married? It just wouldn't feel right.

Oh, hello there, Tharja. Why are you looking at me like that?

I really have no sympathy for Cordelia. She had all that time to speak to Chrom and try to establish a relationship with him but...she doesn't for some reason.

Meanwhile Chrom gets hitched with a dancer chick he knew for less than a week. gg Cordelia.

Only triggers if Tiamo/Cordelia is single.

Here you go:

Chrom x Tiamo DLC Convo

Tiamo: The sandy beaches of mid-summer... How nice. The atmosphere is romantic... If I could come here with that one person, just the two of us, I'm sure we'd definitely feel happiness... Ah!? No no no, what am I thinking? I already decided thay I should lay off..!

Chrom: Lay off what?

Tiamo: Eh!? L-lord Chrom!? N-n-n-nothing!

Chrom: Hm? Aren't you a little jumpy today?

Tiamo: N-no no..! I'm not--

Chrom: Is that so...? A-alright then... Ah... but Tiamo... It's hot here.

Tiamo: Y-y-yes... Yes it is... H-ha..ha....ha..

Chrom: Hey, you're breathing roughly!? You're having a hard time breathing because it's so hot!?

Tiamo: U..um, No! This isn't because I'm hot, it's just that it's too soon that my emotions can't keep up... but to be able to have a rare conversation with you, Lord Chrom, that I'm trembling with happiness...

Chrom: ...?

Tiamo: u-uh, I'm sorry! SUddenly saying strange things...

Chrom: ...Is it really that unusual for me to come talk to you?

Tiamo: N-No! You are always kind to those under you, like me, Lord Chrom. (As in Higher class of person thatn TIamo) S-So it;s not that it's unusual, but I always thought that I'd like to be able to talk to you a lot more... ...Ah!! No no! Even after I decided to lay off!

Chrom: What are you saying..?

Tiamo: P-pardon me! Maybe I am getting affected by this heat. My head is starting to fel dizzy...

Chrom: What!? Say that earlier! Can you walk, Tiamo!? Here, hold on to my arm! I'll take you to a shadede area!

Tiamo: Y-your arm!? Me... Hanging on to Lord Chrom's arm!? T-that makes me too happy... I could just... Die like this!

Chrom: Tiamo!? Don't die! Make sure you're certainly conscious!

Tiamo: Y-yes, I;m fine! I will definitely not die in front of Lord Chrom! W-well then,excuse me for holding your arm... arm... ................

Chrom: What's wrong? Aren't you going to hang on?

Tiamo: N-no! Definitely not! As if I could touch Lord Chrom with these hands! Just imagining it... N-no!

Chrom: WHAT!? H-hey Tiamo!? Hang on! Tiamo!! Tiamooooo!!

Tiamo: I-I can't believe that I had fainted... Behaving this way in front of Lord Chrom! If ord Firein knew of this, I can't imagine what he'd say... Alright, the only way to redeem myself of this failure is on the battle field! Yosh!!!

Chrom: Tiamo! What are you thinking! COming out to a place where the rays (of sunlight) is strong even after what happened that day..!

Tiamo: H-heeeeh!? Lord Chrom!? W-we meet very often today, huh...

Chrom: Its not"We meet very often today"! I was worried about you so I purposely stayed close to you. It'd be dangerous if you fainted again like before.

Tiamo: !! T-Thank you very much... For me... That makes me happy... However, I apologize. I will not be the only one to be sitting around and resting.

Chrom: ...I acknowledge your seriousness, but I want you to take better care of yourself.

Tiamo: What...?

Chrom: To be strict to yourself is a good thing about you, and I;m always helped by that talent of yours... but when your health isn't it's best at the time... I want you to take it easy and rest. You can be a little spoiled towards me, you know...

Tiamo: L-lord Chrom... Thank you very much...

Chrom: As long as you understand. Now, hurry back to your toom. Even if you faint next time, I;m not going to carry you.

Tiamo: Y-yes... Please pardon me... ...w-wait, carried!? Carried as in, carried me? Lord Chrom, you had carried me!?

Chrom: Ah, yeah.

Tiamo: Eeeeeeeee!? I-I'm sorry Lord Chrom! I am sincerely sorry... I... I was heavy, wan't I...?

Chrom: Um.... Yeah.

Tiamo: AAAh, I'm sorry! You don't have to answer that!! It doesnt matter whether you think I'm heavy or not! Knowing will not erase my guilt! Um, I think I'll actually go fight now! I'm fine already!

Chrom: Are you sure?

Tiamo: Yes! Even if I return to my room now, I'd die from self loathing.... I mean, to make up for the amount of time I rested, I have to take down a large amount of enemies! I'll show you by protecting the peace of the sandy beaches!!

Chrom: R-really? Then I'll leave that to you.

Tiamo: Yes!

Chrom: ...haa. Tiamo is always like that whenever I start a conversation with her. Although I think she is just worrying too much because she's a pegasus knight.... She was even weirder today so I'm a lot more worried. Maa, I guess I;ll keep an eye on her to make sure she won't push herself too far.

Tiamo: ...haa... I've talked to him for the first time in a while... Lord Chrom was kind... But those eyes are already looking at someone else... I'm not allowed to think about happiness. I have to give up some day. I know. I really know. Alright, instead of thinking about these things, I'll concentrate on stopping those pirates!

If there's a part that doesn't make sense don't understand what it means, just say something and I'll try to answer the best I can.

This is pure gold(although I'd bet that the convos will be changed).

Also, I'd love it if they actually have a support convo(maybe until S as well but it'll break the trait)

On an extended note; even her daughter can't support Chrom's. Two families apart, there. It does make Cordelia's marriages with anybody else feel a little superficial, too.

Quick question, will I be able to S support Severa and Owain?