Law's End

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which did you side with?

• Knights/'Red army'
    • Paladins/'Green army'
    • Neither. I fought both!
    • Haven't done that one yet.

Just curious as to how many players took the cheap way out and fought with the generals so they didn't have to worry about Yarne committing suicide.

I'm also undecided on which one to pick, yet again. lol

What I don't understand is that if you side with neither and fight both of them, they are suddenly friends who want to kill you and make no attempt to hurt each other, even though you had nothing to do with the initial conflict and they were literally at each others throats 2 seconds earlier.

Ingame, Paladin side, the General side is easy to beat once you figure out how to take out the Swordmasters efficiently. For postgame, both, for obvious reasons.

I allied with myself because fuck them I wanted combat experience

This.

That and I didn't want to ally with a bunch of idiots over whatever the hell they were fighting over.

I chose to fight them both since honestly, I didn't like either of them.

My team was so OP anyways, most of the horsemen rushed to their dooms at the hand of Chrom-noms and his forged Raiper, while I had the rest of my team deal with the Generals.

And, I still got Yarne, I had Chrom speak to him first so I wouldn't accidently kill him.

I only learned I could fight them both after my first playthrough, but on my Lunatic postgame file, I took both on. Ten grand and all four villages is a pretty sweet deal.

I tried to take them both on at the same time. Failed after a couple of tries. Said "fuck it" and sided with the green army because my flying things + their bows = no.

I sided with the green army because I was underleveled for the chapter, wanted to recruit Yarne ASAP (totally worth it, Yarne is amazing), and didn't want my Griffon Rider Panne to deal with all the Bow Knights.

Next time, I'll fight both.

Yarne was one of the last kids I got; by the time I did his chapter I was strong enough that I could take on both armies without much difficulty, so that's what I did.

Fought both, I never pass up exp and I find the idea of not getting Yarne on turn 1 to be preposterous.

Position Panne right and she can recruit him on Turn 1 regardless. Even if she somehow can't reach, with Olivia, she or Chrom should be able to easily.

Funny, I was just planning on doing this today.

Story-wise, I'd side with Green. I like generals, and I want Yarne to be on side (even if he's under the control of the PURE EEEEEEEVIL NPC AI) from the start. (He's my Avatar's son, after all.)

But gameplay-wise, I always feel a compulsion to get everything a chapter has to offer, both EXP and items. And since siding with one or the other makes you lose out on half the exp and two villages, well...

Fought both, I never pass up exp and I find the idea of not getting Yarne on turn 1 to be preposterous.

I honestly didn't know recruiting Yarne was a problem until I saw people posting about it.

I fought both armies so I could visit all the villages.

I initially tried to take on both; getting to Yarne quickly enough to recruit him was no big deal...the problem was keeping him and Panne alive immediately afterward. After a couple resets, I went the cheap route and sided generals.

How to survive an onslaught from both forces with Yarne intact:

Position Panne to recruit Yarne, then pair up with Yarne.

Have Yarne run back south.

Build a 4 man high blockade under the fence on both sides (Most durable unit on top-left side, exactly 1 tile underneath the horizontal fence)

Pair Up, Rally, and Heal appropriately

Defeat both sides without moving your army 30 tiles combined.

Visit houses after the last chump thing with a bow gets surrounded by your units (or fly to them after clearing the mounts).

Edited by Elieson