Smash Brethren 1 confirmed for Thursday

Xeph

Nope. I didn't know they were part of the second series, I thought they were still part of the first. So it wasn't baseless.

Being misinformed still nulls your argument, though... Just saying.

But, is it locked for America? or does Nintendo not like me? :C

Edited by L95

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a link to this interview please?

I do not, but I assure you, it's there.

Besides, it wouldn't make any sense for Nintendo to simply pass on 10 extra pre-made maps they could sell for extra money.

I do not, but I assure you, it's there.

Besides, it wouldn't make any sense for Nintendo to simply pass on 10 extra pre-made maps they could sell for extra money.

I agree, confirmation or not, why wouldn't they bring it on over and sell it? It means more publicity and money, plus their not heartless and cruel, they know it would be unfair if we Japan only got it and we didn't.

...What. That is totally not cool. Ike's a hero, not a bad guy! D: The mightiest hero of them all! It's why he's the last DLC character. And that IS decided to save the best for last. ^^

Ike is also one of the most popular lords in the series. Its probably why hes in so many maps...

(But hes also a DLC recruitable so yeah)

Interesting...I may have to buy Smash Brethren pack tomorrow.

Well, Ike wasn't too popular with the Japanese players they interviewed for Knights of Iris. He came last in the poll of top 10 Legacy characters. This was the results

Marth

Lyn

Roy

Eirika

Sigurd

Alm

Ephraim

Seliph

Leif

Ike

So, out of the main lords...Ike beat...Hector. Oh, and Eliwuss. XD

And Priam doesn't do so well either XD He's tied with 'No one' for favourite Male at 24th, and beats only Walhart (26th)and Ricken (27th)

Edited by Wheels

Well, Ike wasn't too popular with the Japanese players they interviewed for Knights of Iris. He came last in the poll of top 10 Legacy characters. This was the results

Marth

Lyn

Roy

Eirika

Sigurd

Alm

Ephraim

Seliph

Leif

Ike

So, out of the main lords...Ike beat...Hector. Oh, and Eliwuss. XD

And Priam doesn't do so well either XD He's tied with 'No one' for favourite Male at 24th, and beats only Walhart (26th)and Ricken (27th)

>Roy

>Above Sigurd

What the flying fuck? I can see how he beats Ike, seeing as he's boring, but Sigurd? Wow. Just wow.

Was that poll taken before or after Brawl?

That poll was taken after Awakening's release, it was in the polls section of Knights of Iris.

There were a number of other polls in there, these were the results of the ones I could nut out (Fan names generally in use here)

Top Males:

Krom 11.20%

Wood 8.90%

Gaia 8.80%

Henry 7.80%

Azure 5.20%

Virion 5.00%

Frederick 4.80%

Lon'qu 4.30%

Grego 4%

Jerome 4%

Sol 3.60%

Libera 3.30%

Brady 3.20%

Mark 2.90%

Gangrel 2.70%

Vaike 1.70%

Donnel 1.70%

Basilio 1.70%

Chambray 1.60%

Loran 1.60%

Renha 1.30%

Kellam 1.20%

Paris 0.90%

No one 0.90%

Valhart 0.70%

Richt 0.30%

Top Females:

Lucina 15.0%

Tiamo 10.10%

Sariya 8.40%

Sumia 6.80%

Olivia 6.10%

Lissa 5.90%

Serge 5.50%

Mark 4.30%

Selena 3.60%

Mariabell 3.30%

Noire 3.30%

Tiki 3.30%

Nono 3.20%

Miriel 2.90%

Nn 1.40%

Sully 1.30%

Velvet 0.90%

Anna 0.90%

Cynthia 0.90%

Sairi 0.70%

Degel 0.70%

Flavia 0.60%

Emmeryn 0.60%

Inverse 0.30%

No one 0.30%

Top 20 Pairings

FeMUxChrom 2.4%

VirionxSerge 2.1%

HenryxOlivia 1.9%

SolxSully 1.9%

GregoxNono 1.7%

VaikexMiriel 1.6%

RichtxMariabell 1.5%

FrederickxLissa 1.4%

MaMUxLucina 1.4%

ChromxOlivia 1.3%

LiberaxSariya 1.2%

Lon'quxLissa 1.2%

GaiaxSumia 1.1%

Lon'quxTiamo 1.1%

VirionxSully 1.1%

FrederickxSumia 1%

KromxSumia 1%

GaiaxTiamo 1%

SolxTiamo 0.9%

HenryxSariya 0.9%

Top Villains

Mustafa 21.9%

Gangrel 13%

Valhart 9.6%

Exceli 9.1%

Handsome & George 8.7%

Gimle 7%

Inverse 6.9%

Cervantes 6.4%

Fauder 4.1%

Renha 3.7%

Who Would You Cosplay As

My Unit 27.6%

Lucina 9.9%

Donnel 3.8%

Lissa 3.5%

Gaia 3.5%

Wood 3.3%

Tiamo 3%

Jerome 2.8%

Chrom 2.8%

Nono 2.8%

I don't understand how Roy can be above Ike. Roy is the boring lord, imo. As for Marth, of course he'd be the favorite, he's the girly one and Japanese love their girly men. >.>

They probably can't take Ike's uber manliness and that's why they don't like him. However, I do know Ike is quite popular out west. His western fangirls especially love him.

EDIT: And I thought the Japanese hated Lyn. :/

Edited by Anacybele

I don't understand how Roy can be above Ike. Roy is the boring lord, imo. As for Marth, of course he'd be the favorite, he's the girly one and Japanese love their girly men. >.>

Marth's Shadow Dragon art says hi. He's probably the most well liked because he's the first FE Lord. And prior to Awakening, the best selling FE was Mystery of the Emblem.

Also, Ike is more boring than Roy. I said it.

Marth's Shadow Dragon art says hi. He's probably the most well liked because he's the first FE Lord. And prior to Awakening, the best selling FE was Mystery of the Emblem.

Also, Ike is more boring than Roy. I said it.

Marth still isn't as manly as Ike in that game. And Roy is the most boring lord of all, imo. Ike is actually unique because he's the only one not of noble or royal birth, he's the only one that promotes INTO a Lord, and he hates nobility and stuff. It's different from the typical FE lord.

Oh yeah, Ike is western popular, but not so much in Japan. He beat Micaiah too, I always forget about her as a 'main lord'

Well, the people polled didn't hate her (Mostly women were polled(About 70% women, 30% men), so certainly can't use "Guys voted for her cause she's hot") seeing as she came second. Roy...I have no idea how he did that. I like Binding Sword, but Roy is bleh.

EDIT: I also agree though that Ike feels boring to me. Not as boring as Priam though, so that's something XD

Edited by Wheels

Marth still isn't as manly as Ike in that game. And Roy is the most boring lord of all, imo. Ike is actually unique because he's the only one not of noble or royal birth, he's the only one that promotes INTO a Lord, and he hates nobility and stuff. It's different from the typical FE lord.

Ike takes more after Alm, really. Alm did the tough guy act long before Ike was ever thought of.

Also, Sigurd exudes more manliness. dat chin.

Ike takes more after Alm, really. Alm did the tough guy act long before Ike was ever thought of.

Also, Sigurd exudes more manliness. dat chin.

Ike and Alm are both tough. Nice try, but that means nothing. And honestly, I think Ike is still manlier than even Sigurd. Those muscles and dat cape and headband, man. <3

I didn't think Ike was boring in RD. In fact, I thought he was cooler in that game than his first one.

you mean you found it cooler when they removed everything that made Ike a remotely interesting character in PoR?

Ike and Alm are both tough. Nice try, but that means nothing. And honestly, I think Ike is still manlier than even Sigurd. Those muscles and dat cape and headband, man. <3

have you played Fire Emblem Gaiden? if you haven't, your opinion is irrelevant and unfounded.

you mean you found it cooler when they removed everything that made Ike a remotely interesting character in PoR?

I don't see how they removed anything. Ike is still a blunt, passionate hero that hates nobility in RD. Also, I think RD Ike has a much cooler design, both in Hero and Vanguard classes.

have you played Fire Emblem Gaiden? if you haven't, your opinion is irrelevant and unfounded.

No. I was saying that saying Ike is just like Alm because they're both tough is stupid. Not that I think Alm is tough. I know hardly anything about him.

Edited by Anacybele

Getting somewhat back on topic... I found an article today for the release dates for the spot pas.. And sosomething doesn't seem right.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/13/4098304/fire-emblem-awakening-will-receive-free-dlc-maps-items-spotpass-through-april

If it's the same "Today" thing about the release date... yeah, quite a few sources keep writing that.

Sigurd is obviously the best lord, he breaks his game in half

and wouldn't a character showing up as an enemy more be a GOOD thing, since that means they exist in the first place?

like seriously, it's not like a character can be on the ally side every single time

time to blow $6.50+tax

and that's probably a typo on release date