Fire Emblem 7 - Perfect Edition

edza90

that isn't difficult, that's stupid

it's doing what fe5 did but worse- it becomes less of a genuine challenge and more of an exercise in frustration

Not really, cause you have powerful characters to begin with that have fast support gaining so they can buff themselves even more, they promote quite soon with MASSIVE bonuses to fit the level 10 cap - cap that is there to avoid useless and time-consuming grinding.

You can help yourself with pre-promo or late promoted units that are fast (Erk, but his luck is terrible so he is not supposed to be put in risky situations without drawbacks, but you can use his starting Luck Charm to raise is base luck to 3); reliable (Marcus, with reliable growhts so he can be a lifesaver); Special (Raven is powerful, fast, dodgy, good against anybody but a challenge to obtain - he is balanced because of this); defensive (Oswin; terribad luck but Terry Goodard atk and def); Crit-based (the archers with their starting Killer Weapons).

Status effects don't last forever, plus the "cheap stuff" appears only in 1-2 chapters (mostly chapters that have enemies that are not very powerful to deal with) and it was present in the original HHM as well in some chapters (chapter 24x anybody, with fucking Berserk Druids and damn 3-10 range light tome bishops).

Edited by edza90

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excuse me, it's not an exercise in frustration. it's an exercise in patience

i ran through again, i stopped at c19 out of boredom

i liked it better before

Edited by CT075

excuse me, it's not an exercise in frustration. it's an exercise in patience

i ran through again, i stopped at c19 out of boredom

i liked it better before

Boredom? I mean, it's challenging now (up to a certain chapter, 19x). It's more variegated, why you write that it bores you?

I tested it myself, Just write me what you found boring

Edited by edza90

it took forever, the "difficulty" was circumvented by waiting things out, my "strategy" literally consisted of moving slowly through each area and it was generally sleep-inducing; i didn't actually have to think to do any of it

"bigger numbers" is not the way to create difficulty, nor are frustration factors (sleep staves without restore are a great example, my options literally consist of resetting until it misses or waiting it out, BOTH OF WHICH are mind-numbing)

quite literally the only part of it that i had to stop reading manga to concentrate on was raven

it took forever, the "difficulty" was circumvented by waiting things out, my "strategy" literally consisted of moving slowly through each area and it was generally sleep-inducing; i didn't actually have to think to do any of it

"bigger numbers" is not the way to create difficulty, nor are frustration factors (sleep staves without restore are a great example, my options literally consist of resetting until it misses or waiting it out, BOTH OF WHICH are mind-numbing)

quite literally the only part of it that i had to stop reading manga to concentrate on was raven

That is just an excuse:I play this one in a semi-LTC/ranked mode to test it out and it's manageable. You can play Dream of Five the way you mention and you "circumvent the difficulty" as well, yet Dream of Five is considered one of the best hacks ever because of map design, plot, character design, musical choise etc...

Hell, you could play this game in vanilla mode the same way (defensive and turn consuming).This is just a mod that makes the game better by putting you in front of Lunatic-like enemies but with characters that won't die in 1 hit.

Edited by edza90

and yet

i can snooze through this and still hit full S-ranks

i'm sorry, it's FE7. i am simply not interested enough to deal with crap for the sake of ltc

the fundamental difference between ltc'ing this and ltc'ing dof is that dof has a very minimal amount of bullshit. i don't have to reset my dof run because [insert unit here] didn't dodge a 50% sleep staff

and finally there are a ton of reasons people praise dof but level design sure ain't one of them

and yet

i can snooze through this and still hit full S-ranks

i'm sorry, it's FE7. i am simply not interested enough to deal with crap for the sake of ltc

the fundamental difference between ltc'ing this and ltc'ing dof is that dof has a very minimal amount of bullshit. i don't have to reset my dof run because [insert unit here] didn't dodge a 50% sleep staff

and finally there are a ton of reasons people praise dof but level design sure ain't one of them

If you can't dodge a 50% hit rate staff, then save the hit unit with a mountie and try to go the other way with your strongest characters while the most defensive ones are keeping the enemy occupied where there are the two fucking +5 defense fortress that are strategically put to have you camp like a bitch while you circumvent the enemy to reach the boss and kill him to access the gaiden chapter.

You say you can "snooze" through this. Go for Raven and tell me if you can snooze that. Try to have everyone alive without the use of savestates. Try to play this legit without the LUA script. It's a challenge, a balanced challenge, with some elements that makes it harder than the original game while others make it more appealing - no need to fucking grind your favorite unit, your favourite unit starting good with better equipment, supports are much faster so you can have better chances to win the game etc...

Plus, the more the game goes up to the end, the less the changes (after chapter 21 I'll just make enemies slightly stronge by making them promoted or higher level)

Edited by edza90

i fail to see how you can possibly find that fun

i'm not entirely sure why you're so convinced that i cheated for this. i found it boring enough already, why would i do anything to make it even more boring

Edited by CT075

i fail to see how you can possibly find that fun

i'm not entirely sure why you're so convinced that i cheated for this. i found it boring enough already, why would i do anything to make it even more boring

Dude how can this be boring? You are put in front of challenges continuesly, it should be thrilling instead! Enemies get better equipment, mistakes are HEAVILY punished, moving bossess are shrilling!

I've been the fucking first one to have a special unit to FLEE in a GBA game, damn it! I made Chapter 17 difficulty rely on getting Raven before he flees and having the soldiers and mostly Lucius survive the rage of a damn longbow archer!

There are minibosses scattered around too! How can't that be entertaining?

Edited by edza90

raven took some thought

i'm not entirely sure where the rest of this "challenge" comes from

EDIT

also i'm complaining about the rng right now because it only adds to the snooze factor

Edited by CT075

raven took some thought

i'm not entirely sure where the rest of this "challenge" comes from

Enemies that WILL double you (hero weapons equipped enemies), fliers with a whopping 35+ HP that have 9-10 real speed and Silver Weapons, Puzon with a fucking Killing Edge and better stats, very well protected treasure rooms, tedious hindrances to get Raven, buffed-up bossess, Damian with 20 defense and 10 speed, Uhai with 14 atk 14 skill 17 speed, the Shaman in ch18 is gonna be a Dark Druid with 34 real atk and good stats in general with his minions being all pre-promos (some of them autoleveled, others just filler so the map is manageable).

PS: I got that you are trolling, I'm just having fun myself while unvealing what I've changed to the game.

Edited by edza90

i wish i was trolling, it would take way less effort

again, raising numbers =/= challenge

nor does giving enemies killers, nor does making it so they all double you

i honestly can't tell if you find tedium ad infinitum fun or not because i really don't

Edited by CT075

i wish i was trolling, it would take way less effort

again, raising numbers =/= challenge

nor does giving enemies killers, nor does making it so they all double you

i honestly can't tell if you find tedium ad infinitum fun or not because i really don't

You get mountains with high defense value. Use them.

WTA: use it.

Fortressess with recover and +5 defense. Use them.

Choke points if necessary and gaiden routes to reach the goal.

1-2 ranged weapons.

Not all enemies double you, only few of them gets enough speed/brave weapons to do it.

Pre-promoted paladin with triple A and 100% speed growth: fucking abuse him out of nowhere because level cap is 10 and your other units are damn good anyway even if they are negated some exp.

Free poison weapons in the inital armories to give you a slight better time if you missed gold.

Lyn mode: play it to have better returning characters.

You get some stats booster: use them wisely.

16 speed mage, put him behind a tank and enjoy the doubling.

FirexThunder FighterxFighter support: build it!

FirexFire ArcherxTankavalier support: build it!

Level 8 cavalier with killer lance and 17 speed and 9-10 at everything else minus HP at chapter 16, damn use him and promote him the moment you get the knight crest.

Sword Killer Dorcas you can kick heroes and swordmasters with.

Edited by edza90

you say i have all these options and yet you don't believe me when you say i'm not having any trouble beyond one segment of one chapter

Edited by CT075

you say i have all these options and yet you don't believe me when you say i'm not having any trouble beyond one segment of one chapter

What do you mean dude write proper english I've just read you moaning about cheapness and... me... writing about you not having troubles at the game?

You mean that YOU are writing that after a chapter it's easy? I can't really get it, I was told by a user that it would be better if english is not my first language but I perceive here that I'm writing better English than a native English writer.

Hack is still in progress anyway, so explain youself better!

Point out anything you want changed-tweaked like this

1) Shit and shit one

2) Shit and shit two

3) Shit and shit three

Get the my drift (racing)?This way I CAN understand what you really are not glad about

Edited by edza90

let's start over

my ENTIRE ISSUE with the hack so far has been that it's mind-numbingly simple

raven notwithstanding, there is nothing that makes me THINK

i can't tell if these big numbers are supposed to make me freeze in fear or what, because they're not hard to beat

you want suggestions?

do more like raven, that part actually took some thought

Edited by CT075

I'm asking to anybody that played this of course:

I need suggestions. What you users suggest me to do for every chapters uptil 19 (Lyn mode included if possible)?

IIt's not that hard, just tells me what you would like and I'll try to implement it. I need feedback.

Ps: you obtained raven legit? How?

Edited by edza90

i had marcus, oswin and dorcas bumrush (and they were passing around priscilla) with the rest of the team mopping up

i think the term is "commuting to work"?

took a bit of work to make the positioning work (and like two resets) but that was about it

i had marcus, oswin and dorcas bumrush (and they were passing around priscilla) with the rest of the team mopping up

i think the term is "commuting to work"?

took a bit of work to make the positioning work (and like two resets) but that was about it

Good that I made them more useful.

Anyway, I won't publish anymore version of the patch as long as I don't get any feedback by various users, so I can make this even more "thoughtful" - by the power of Nightmare only if possible.

Edited by edza90

Yo, I played the first half of Lyn mode. Unfortunately, there isn't much incentive for me to continue. I'm not a fan of the brave axes. Their hit rates are low and it's lol-worthy if you actually do get hit at a 20%. Kent, Sain and Wil are ridiculous, they don't need any help from the others at all. Florina was worthless and I forgot that Lyn, Erk and Dorcas existed.

It's a nice first effort, but it's pretty much just FE7 with inflated stats. Like Camtech has said, you need to create unique problems for the player to solve. Keep trying, I'm sure you'll get the swing of things.

I just write here what I'm doing:

In Lyn Mode nasty silver bow snipers in some chapters wait you here and there with 34 hp, ready to hamper your tactics ranking (they won't move, just defend "strategical" places)

I'm autolevelling enemies to make them harsher (in ch3, the seize map in Lyn mode, no, cause that would be overwhelming).

I gave to Rebecca and Will and Louise + 30 crit but reduced stats (other archers won't have this bonus)

I'm changing I.A. of enemies, so camping won't help you (they will rush at you)

Edited by edza90