Fire Emblem 7 - Perfect Edition

edza90

Big numbers aren't the key to making things harder. Take a gander at FE12 Lunatic Mode for a better idea of what everyone is getting at (I'm fond of Chapter 14).

I'm not going to touch this, because it sounds like FE7 vanilla with more numbers.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big numbers aren't the key to making things harder. Take a gander at FE12 Lunatic Mode for a better idea of what everyone is getting at (I'm fond of Chapter 14).

I'm not going to touch this, because it sounds like FE7 vanilla with more numbers.

FE13 has terrible map design and solely relies on your units skills and stats. FE7 maps are way better - in fact FE7 it's like FE:Thracia 776, just with less cheapness.

If you think that having a Silver Bow sniper guarding a strategical spot, waiting for you to enter his range, while other enemies rush at you and you have to advance if you want the best ranking is not a challenge, the hell you need?

You don't bitch at other people making hacks with plain simple objectives: this is the first hack ever in a GBA FE where a chapter relieso on you having to risk everything to get powerful extra unit fleeing from the battlefield.

Edited by edza90

FE13 has terrible map design and solely relies on your units skills and stats. FE7 maps are way better. If you think that having a Silver Bow sniper guarding a strategical spot, waiting for you to enter his range, while other enemies rush at you and you have to advance if you want the best ranking is not a challenge, the hell you need?

You don't bitch at other people making hacks with plain simple objectives: this is the first hack ever in a GBA FE where a chapter relieso on you having to risk everything to get powerful extra unit fleeing from the battlefield.

Uhhh. . .what? I said FE12, not FE13.

Uhhh. . .what? I said FE12, not FE13.

Sorry I misread. Fire Emblem 12 yes has very good maps that provide you with a challenge but it's difficult because of stats only and not difficult situations themselves - like the forementioned SIlver Bow sniper among minor mooks or an invisible - because of fog of war - sleep inducing bishop, or reverse weapon equipped enemies among normal weapons equipping ones.

FE12 Lunatic is actually mostly about how the enemies are positioned. Stats are only one thing, but you can't just muscle through FE12 Lunatic with stats alone. You actually had to think about where you placed your units and did actual strategy type things.

>fe12lunatic is only hard because of stats

what

A game where you are forced to use just a bunch of units in its hardest mode makes me sick (at least in FE6/FE7 Hard modes you could use everybody) and hamper my favoritisme over units I like - and when I'm forced to reload a lot to get speed it's sad.,

But fe12 has a base shop with statboosters, forging, reclass, and base arena.

Favoritism in fe12 is easier as a result since you could just reclass things to whatever conveniently used growth spread class thing it has.

fe7 is fairly easy, fe6 has screwy RNG bug.

fe12 has a zillion options to baby people, but relies on sharing exp with the needed units for Lunatic. [sirius, Palla, Catria]

ok i beat lyn hard mode and the first chapter of HHM. ok everything about this game feels so off. you wanted to make the game harder yet make it less gimmicky with rng, but seems you've done the opposite. you made the enemies use powerful weapons like brave weapons ( which are probably the best weapons now because of strength boost ) but the not the skill to use them. and you have RNG abuse even more because the level limit is ten which means less room for error so you have to reeset for decent levels. another one of your goals was to make training faster to cut out grinding. instead of going the simpler and easier to manage route ( which would be just increasing exp gain or modifying base levels to make promotion easier ) you went an ass backwards route and made max level 10 then nerfed exp gain. you just sabotaged your own goal because training isn't any easier. long story short, this hack wasn't hard, it was just annoying and gimmicky. i'd rather play vanilla FE7.

ok i beat lyn hard mode and the first chapter of HHM. ok everything about this game feels so off. you wanted to make the game harder yet make it less gimmicky with rng, but seems you've done the opposite. you made the enemies use powerful weapons like brave weapons ( which are probably the best weapons now because of strength boost ) but the not the skill to use them. and you have RNG abuse even more because the level limit is ten which means less room for error so you have to reeset for decent levels. another one of your goals was to make training faster to cut out grinding. instead of going the simpler and easier to manage route ( which would be just increasing exp gain or modifying base levels to make promotion easier ) you went an ass backwards route and made max level 10 then nerfed exp gain. you just sabotaged your own goal because training isn't any easier. long story short, this hack wasn't hard, it was just annoying and gimmicky. i'd rather play vanilla FE7.

It'w work in progress.The current patch is much more balanced and gives you characters that will have very high growth percentage in what they are supposed to be strong at. Plus, Archers - yours - have been retooled to be criticical machines.

Edited by edza90

Released new patch - content update up chapter 21. You'll notice that from chapter 21 up to chapter Final changings will be more subtle - cause they are hard by themselves already, I'll just upgrade enemies with more autolevels.

What's new: promoted reinforcements up to chapter 20.

Released new patch - content update up chapter 21. You'll notice that from chapter 21 up to chapter Final changings will be more subtle - cause they are hard by themselves already, I'll just upgrade enemies with more autolevels.

it feels like you're doing the opposite here. instead of a subtle boost, shouldn't this part of the game have all the brave and killer weapons and stuff? imo the early game should be more about planning out the enemy unit placement to maximise their strength and provide a better game balance instead of just better weapons. just a thought. also why is the mani katti so much better than the rapier and wolf beil? it has 50 uses, 13 strength and 20 crit with +5 to strength, effectively making it an 18 strength killing edge you get on chapter 2. it's way broken. last thing why lock the divine weaps for the main chars? i might have misread but i remember seeing it in the first post.

it feels like you're doing the opposite here. instead of a subtle boost, shouldn't this part of the game have all the brave and killer weapons and stuff? imo the early game should be more about planning out the enemy unit placement to maximise their strength and provide a better game balance instead of just better weapons. just a thought. also why is the mani katti so much better than the rapier and wolf beil? it has 50 uses, 13 strength and 20 crit with +5 to strength, effectively making it an 18 strength killing edge you get on chapter 2. it's way broken. last thing why lock the divine weaps for the main chars? i might have misread but i remember seeing it in the first post.

Why do you assume the OP cares about balance?

yea you're right i kinda did assume he wanted balance. but having good game balance is the biggest step towards making your game GOOD. i mean everyone want their hack to be good right? excluding joke hacks of course, but since he's put considerable time and effort into this and is asking for feedback, i naturally assumed he was serious

yea you're right i kinda did assume he wanted balance. but having good game balance is the biggest step towards making your game GOOD. i mean everyone want their hack to be good right? excluding joke hacks of course, but since he's put considerable time and effort into this and is asking for feedback, i naturally assumed he was serious

1) Lyn has shit hp and shit defense, so she has to be a glass cannon whore that has to at least kill anything

2) Early game it's about kickass enemies with kick ass weapons to balance out the fact that your characters are better

3) If you want the game played like vanilla, play Eliwood Hard mode.

Edited by edza90

And a misogynist too, how lovely.

the terrifying thing is that I think he is.

Edited by The Iron Rose

"pls give criticism"

>proceeds to completely ignore criticisms

I told you that you can play Eliwood Hard Mode to get a "vanilla challenge" with better characters in the long run that requires not grinding.

Example:

Rebecca starts with 3 strenght but has 30+ critical boost and her other stats are competitive, so she can wield steel and be a massive damage dealer cause she is fast (Tanya Archetype with auto support with Dagda basically)

Bartre being fast

Dorcas being tanky

Lords being good at being glass cannon, balanced one, tanky one

Characters fit archetypes better

No need for grinding

No more sucky enemies

Different Enemy I.A: (more aggressive)

What more? I can't change map layout sorry and enemies well, you want to rape them in the initial chapters in Hector Hard Mode? Of course they are weapon buffed

Edited by edza90