Fire Emblem 7 - Perfect Edition

edza90

all i'm hearing is "your criticism is wrong because of [fill the blank with reasons that aren't even really true]"

if you're just going to ignore me i'm not going to bother any more

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i wanted the vanilla challenge, i'd play the vanilla game. what i want is to help you make this better. i can see if we were just bashing your hack, but we have given legitimate reasons to change things and you're just making excuses to not change stuff. don't ask for criticism if you don't actually plan to use it. i'll say this for the last time. your game isn't hard, your game is annoying ( yes there's a difference ). there are two types of difficulty, the good kind that challenges you, forces you to use your brain to create an effective method to beat it. then there's the other kind, that is just mostly annoying little gimmicks that are more aggravating than difficult. your game leans more toward the latter. take the last promise for example. while i might disagree with some of the choices the creator made, his game is definitely the good kind of difficult. I'd say play it if you haven't already. it should give you an idea as to what your game balance should be like. and FFS listen to us when we give you criticism, instead of just defending your bad ideas with equally bad ideas. if you choose to ignore our criticism and give another flimsy excuse then i'll just leave this alone

if i wanted the vanilla challenge, i'd play the vanilla game. what i want is to help you make this better. i can see if we were just bashing your hack, but we have given legitimate reasons to change things and you're just making excuses to not change stuff. don't ask for criticism if you don't actually plan to use it. i'll say this for the last time. your game isn't hard, your game is annoying ( yes there's a difference ). there are two types of difficulty, the good kind that challenges you, forces you to use your brain to create an effective method to beat it. then there's the other kind, that is just mostly annoying little gimmicks that are more aggravating than difficult. your game leans more toward the latter. take the last promise for example. while i might disagree with some of the choices the creator made, his game is definitely the good kind of difficult. I'd say play it if you haven't already. it should give you an idea as to what your game balance should be like. and FFS listen to us when we give you criticism, instead of just defending your bad ideas with equally bad ideas. if you choose to ignore our criticism and give another flimsy excuse then i'll just leave this alone

Then just give me a LONG list of things you want me to add - remove etc.... and I'll try to be faithful to that.

0) Balance the game to make it less of an hassle (it's the vanilla game

with more difficult situations) Good, except you need to actually balance.

0-1) Archers have much better stats to compensate the 2-range only

Giving archers better stats doesn't solve any of their problems.

0-2) No more need to savestate-abuse to get a proper character - the

result can vary but it's always proper

Terrible idea.

0-3) Some characters now have bad luck to compensate their better

overall stats or to make them more fit to an archetype

Terrible idea.

0-4) Lyn Mode characters get malus to stats if Lyn Mode is not played

Fine, was in the normal game.

0-5) Supports are all +4 when character start to grind for them Fine.

Kinda iffy, but fine.

1) The story is the same

Thank god.

2) Max Level for EVERYBODY is 10 minus FEW SPECIAL characters so you

can level them up up to 20 for maximum potential

Fucking atrocious. Get rid of this.

3) Bases stats are now much better in general

Awful idea.

4) Growhts are altered to fit

It depends on if it fits. Your examples do not.

5) PROMOTION BONUSES to fit in (you'll understand...)

They're insane and ridiculous. The new max level is an awful idea.

6) Few more characters now ARE PREPROMOTED

Justify it, and balance them. You've not done so.

8) Bartre is Othin archtype, Dorcas is Halvan archtype (first is

fast/precise, second is sturdier and more balanced)

Fine.

10) There is an ester egg in chapter 27/29 (Linus/Loid chapter)

Okay.

11) EXP gain is much much slower (in Hard Modes, but archers get the

same cause they are 2 range locked)

Rolls eyes. Ten max level is awful.

12) Characters fit archtypes much better (Dart is the Glass Cannon

Berserker/Hawkey is balanced and so on)

Terrible idea.

13) Vulnerary gives 15 HP back when used

Terrible idea.

14) Critical for SM and Berserker is 30

Terrible idea.

0x)Afa drops bonus: +10

That gives people what, an extra two in stats across the board if they use it at level 0/1? Not a big change.

0x-1) Terrains are like Thracia 776

Ehhh.

1x) Giving brave weapon strenght stat boosts +5

Lolbalance.

2x) Rapier, Mani Katti and Wolfbeil have +5 in strenght (second one),

resistance (first one) and defense (third one)

Lolbalance.

3x) Giviing the final boss dragon capped stats minus speed and luck but

making those slighly higher to be doubled only by fasted dude and +4

greens to all other stats

Ehhh. Stats don't determine difficulty.

6x) Serra and Erk having better starting bases

Depends on the bases.

6xx) Erk is fucking fast (level 1/4 depending if you play Lyn Mode or

not with 16 speed... but 1 luck with 5% growht)

Ugh. No. Bad. Stop it.

7x) Having chapter requirements balanced in turn cunts and exp gainin

Turn cunts?

8x) Lowen has +10% in atk and speed

For growths?

9x) Some special weapons give stat bonuses

Ehhhh.

10x) Linus map has no more fog of war

Why?

11) Marcus 100% speed grotwth and 6 luck, so he can be a good oyfaye in

the long run but is risky to use lategame cause he has terribad luck

Fucking awful idea.

12) Karel have 8 luck but better overall stats so he compensate the

loss of growth levels

What is your obsession with reducing luck?

14) Lyn Hard mode bosses are POWERFUL (somewhat)

Depends entirely on their power.

15) Support power in general is STRONGER (fire C gives 5 critical and 1

atk)

Ew, bad idea.

THE NEW

0) 7) Characters have been retooled even more

greaaaat.

1) Lyn Mode enemies STRONGER and very few of them are promoted already, likewise for Hector Hard Mode up to Chapter 19 - this included

Scrap your atrocious 10 max level system. It's bad, acknowledge that, and get rid of it.

1-2) Lyn Mode enemy armies get better-gimmicky weaponry (HHM too)

Depends on the gimmicky weapon. They should still be, y'know, gimmicks, not mainstays.

2) Hectror Hard Mode is the one you should choose to play cause I'm working on that

n/a

3) Shops sells poison weapon for free (but they have a gimmick) and some shops are given special tome/staffs for selling later in the game

Hello infinite money. Also long range staffs are a terrible idea.

4) Geitz it's available as a pre-promo warrior with solid stats in chapter 26

Okay, fine.

5) +1 move to armors

My god, the one good change you made. So long as generals keep 5 move.

THE NEWEST (THRACIA 776 Like)

1) Raven will escape since Turn 2 of chapter 17! You'll have to rush and hope in the RNG this sole time if you want to THE BEST pre-prepromo unit for over half the game!

Terrible idea.

2) There are minibosses scattered around that WILL fuck you UP if YOU don't know how to deal with them. (Example: Warrior with 23 atk (total) + brave axe that protect the treasure room in chapter 17 with a 30 atk Druid with Nosferatu equipped as support that will have you tamed)

Terrible idea.

Geitz Stats - he doesn't receive hard mode bonuses, cause he is very

good the way he comes (he is a mixture of bartre and dorcas)

HP: 41

Strenght: 18

Skill: 16

Speed: 16

Luck: 10

Def: 12

Res: 5

Surprisingly balanced.

Raven Stats

(Pre-Promo Hero), NOW the HARDEST CHARACTER to recruit in EVERY Fire Emblem game if YOU want to go for Ranked or LTC gameplay or just want the guy

Stats:

HP: 31 (debuffed from 33)

Strenght: 12

Skill: 19

Speed: 18 (debuffed from 21)

Luck: 9 (buffed from 2)

Def: 10 (buffed from 7)

Res: 7

eyeroll

-------------------- 1) Some enemies in maps (mostly the ones with

fewer enemies and reinforcements, like the starting ones) get Silver

Weapons and STATS BOOSTING weapons (Hero weapons).

More powerful weapons are fine, if you're judicious with their placement.

2) Some mini-bosses prepromos (1/2/3 per maps, depending on the map

dimension and other factors)

Eh, not bad so long as you introduce them late enough.

3) Bosses get stats boosting weapons as well (hero weapons)

Depends again on the bosses and the weapons.

4) A.I. is changed so it's harder to fight enemies

You can edit A.I. now?

5) Physics and Bolting Mages/Sages here and there to make the map more challenging (1/2 per map in relation of the map size)

And you want to REDUCE RNG fuckery? Literally all your changes do the opposite.

What to do

0) Make Batta beatable in LNM for people that WANT to play that (but he is going to be unbuffed even in LNM)

Why would Batta be not beatable?

1) Finish HHM and EHM to fit everything 1-1) Make more prepromo units as reinforcements so you have to be fast

Terrible idea.

2) Make it even more funny than it is now

oh fuck me.

What to do (again):

1) Making all chapters having diverse Ranking values

2) Maybe give luck to Morph Bosses?

That'll require ASM IIRC. If you have that technical know-how I think I might cry.

3) Giving enemies even more variegated armamentary

again. only to an extent.

4) Changin' music themes here and there for more variety

winces.

What I'm not capable of doing:

1)Adding chapters to improve the story

2) Improving supports conversations

Thank god.

Edited by The Iron Rose

I've read and Understood, but have doubts of mine about the following facts:

Can you tell me please why you would waste having your character reaching level 20? Isn't that boring?

Why Raven can't be made a Special Character you have to rush for?

Why your archers can't get slightly better starting stats and 30% critical to compensate the terribad usage they usually are forced to?

Why can't your characters get lower exp gaining because of 10 level cap? Is this Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest?

Why no minibossess that protect important areas? If you want shit, you HAVE to risk.

Why characters can't start more balanced?

Why Lords can't have better weaponry that makes them unique? (glass cannon, magical tank, physical tank)

Why no pre-promo units as reinforcements? (of course not overleveled)

No.

Because at chapter 16 it's stupid and unnecessary. Difficulty should be on a curve and any spikes should be merited by plot and little else.

Because that doesn't solve their problems. This has been covered multiple times all over these boards.

Because the level ten cap is stupid and you need to rebalance the game to account for it, something you've done an atrocious job at doing.

Mini bosses are fine. But you want to again, balance them so that they come part of the way through the level and are appropriate for the chapter.

Because you're terrible at balancing.

Because the lords are good as is, and you don't need to give them extreme growths and weapons because of it.

Because they need to come at a certain time and place. Limited promoted reinforcements are fine once you've hit chapter, say, 19 or 20. Even then they shouldn't be all promoted until endgame.

Simply giving everyone bigger or more extreme numbers is not balance. If anything, it's the reverse. The early game in FE has always been the most balanced part.

Edited by The Iron Rose

No.

Because at chapter 16 it's stupid and unnecessary. Difficulty should be on a curve and any spikes should be merited by plot and little else.

Because that doesn't solve their problems. This has been covered multiple times all over these boards.

Because the level ten cap is stupid and you need to rebalance the game to account for it, something you've done an atrocious job at doing.

Mini bosses are fine. But you want to again, balance them so that they come part of the way through the level and are appropriate for the chapter.

Because you're terrible at balancing.

Because the lords are good as is, and you don't need to give them extreme growths and weapons because of it.

Because they need to come at a certain time and place. Limited promoted reinforcements are fine once you've hit chapter, say, 19 or 20. Even then they shouldn't be all promoted until endgame.

Simply giving everyone bigger or more extreme numbers is not balance. If anything, it's the reverse. The early game in FE has always been the most balanced part.

Last quote is bullshit: Fire Emblem 1-2-3 are damn broken if you use states boosts (5+ speedwing in FE 1-3) and equip broken weapons (thunder sword in Fe2)

Well why don't you all write me what you think about the chapters you've played? That would be a better feedback

chapter by chapter huh?prologue: change lyn back to vanilla. having glass cannons is fine and all, but don't force one on us if we don't want one. all lords should be easy to use because you have to use them. i don't mean make them easy, just more well rounded. leave the gimmicks to optional chars.chapters 1-4: they're all really monotonous. brigands with brave axes. they 1 shot lyn with the strength boost. that's not balance, that's stupid. this is the other type of difficulty. it's easier in the sense that their weapons are heavy and inaccurate ( meaning they'll most likely miss and you'll one round them for free exp. but it's stupid cause one lucky hit = game over. instead buff their skill and give them iron weapons so they can actually hit you. i can solo most of lyn's mode with her broken ass sword ( nerf that too. ) chapters 5~10: we're getting a variety now but they're still easy. soldiers are STILL a joke. 0 luck 0 def 0 res on chapter 7 is horrendous. and the other units aren't much better. tbc.

chapter by chapter huh?prologue: change lyn back to vanilla. having glass cannons is fine and all, but don't force one on us if we don't want one. all lords should be easy to use because you have to use them. i don't mean make them easy, just more well rounded. leave the gimmicks to optional chars.chapters 1-4: they're all really monotonous. brigands with brave axes. they 1 shot lyn with the strength boost. that's not balance, that's stupid. this is the other type of difficulty. it's easier in the sense that their weapons are heavy and inaccurate ( meaning they'll most likely miss and you'll one round them for free exp. but it's stupid cause one lucky hit = game over. instead buff their skill and give them iron weapons so they can actually hit you. i can solo most of lyn's mode with her broken ass sword ( nerf that too. ) chapters 5~10: we're getting a variety now but they're still easy. soldiers are STILL a joke. 0 luck 0 def 0 res on chapter 7 is horrendous. and the other units aren't much better. tbc.

Gonna do most of it.

No suggestion about each maps?

Surely you can figure it out on your own? It's your hack, not a community hack, silly willy face. Don't ask for everyone to always give you suggestions.

chapter 11 was easy. hector can solo every unit. but it's kinda suppose to be easy. chapter 12 there's a hero with a silver blade right next to where hector joins. he one rounds them. might want to make that a mercenary or a lance unit or something. as for maps, you need to make something different. the original maps are kind of boring now. if you make new maps plus better enemy units, it'll make the game much more unique and it'll feel fresher.

chapter 11 was easy. hector can solo every unit. but it's kinda suppose to be easy. chapter 12 there's a hero with a silver blade right next to where hector joins. he one rounds them. might want to make that a mercenary or a lance unit or something. as for maps, you need to make something different. the original maps are kind of boring now. if you make new maps plus better enemy units, it'll make the game much more unique and it'll feel fresher.

That hero can be won if you attract him with your lower-half map units.About other maps that are boring, I'll try to make them more challenging and mind-issuing.

Edited by edza90

• 5 years later...