Hacking Attack Speed Formula, Crit/hit formula, effectiveness.

RWB

Is this at all possible? I'm relatively new to hacking, and I intended to try and hack FE7 to resemble FE1.

I know I can't do much about the dual RNG, but still.

The Attack Speed is the most interesting- is there any way to change the formula from 4 to 1 more speed?

The Attack Speed formula (and the RNG to some extent) can be changed with ASM hacking, though it's hard to do. I tried it once and succeeded, though it caused a few glitches/crashes.

The Attack Speed is the most interesting- is there any way to change the formula from 4 to 1 more speed?

I can't guarantee anything but theoretically it'd be easy since it'd likely just be the (speed + WWF) - (speed + WWF) >= 4 or something where WWF is the "weapon weight factor" (equal to con - weight if weight > con, 0 otherwise). The hardest part would probably be finding where the routine is/that value is stored, but somebody's notes (Hex's, NL's, Cam's) might have info on that. In fact, if you could get me the location of the attack speed formula in general and we're hacking FE7, I would be happy to go ahead and make the change for you.

While this thread is still active, another question:

Does anyone here have a Nightmare Editor that works in Linux?

I try to start up the program using wine(windows emulator), but it just doesn't load...

I can't guarantee anything but theoretically it'd be easy since it'd likely just be the (speed + WWF) - (speed + WWF) >= 4 or something where WWF is the "weapon weight factor" (equal to con - weight if weight > con, 0 otherwise). The hardest part would probably be finding where the routine is/that value is stored, but somebody's notes (Hex's, NL's, Cam's) might have info on that. In fact, if you could get me the location of the attack speed formula in general and we're hacking FE7, I would be happy to go ahead and make the change for you.

there's literally one command that just goes

cmp rN, #0x4

you can literally just change that to cmp rN, #0x1 and you're good to go

Nightmare is weird on a mac too (Java edition). Has to do with some of the GUI stuff that doesn't like stuff that isn't windows, I think. Don't think Hex would want to fix it unless you pay him.

Edited by Thor Odinson

• 3 weeks later...

While this thread is still active, another question:

Does anyone here have a Nightmare Editor that works in Linux?

I try to start up the program using wine(windows emulator), but it just doesn't load...

This has been solved. Nightmare Editor 2 works, it was just a slight issue with Java screwing up.

On a side note... any way to remove the weapon triangle(that's not extremely complicated)? Or will I just have to deal with it?

Edited by RWB

there's literally one command that just goes

cmp rN, #0x4

you can literally just change that to cmp rN, #0x1 and you're good to go

Going through the FE7 data with a Hex Editor now, can't find it.

wait

please don't tell me you're searching for the text string "cmp" in your hex editor

because that has literally nothing to do with it

EDIT

yeah the fact that you actually searched for "rN" proves that you didn't really understand what i said

Edited by CT075

http://www.feshrine.net/ultimatetutorial/

it's not something you can learn or do easily. if you want to make those changes, you'll essentially have to learn not only a programming language, but you'll likely a lot of general knowledge regarding how the game works so you can set up various situations for the hacks you want to make. :|