Does the rng have it out for someone?

Echo

So... I think my rng hates Tharja. Every battle, at least 5 out of 10 enemies go straight for her, even though she slaughters them immediately. I can have weaker characters right in range and they get ignored. Is she just exuding a 'come at me' aura or something? How does the ai pick who to attack anyways?

Happens to me too, different scenario though. I would put kellam in front and there would be a powerful unit behind him with a lower defense of maybe 1 or 2. The AI will ignore kellam and go for the person they could possible do one more damage on even though they would get slaughtered . Hmmmm.... Now I'm second guessing this thesis, because it is kellam, does AI really ignore kellam unless he's the only unit in attack range?

Happens to me too, different scenario though. I would put kellam in front and there would be a powerful unit behind him with a lower defense of maybe 1 or 2. The AI will ignore kellam and go for the person they could possible do one more damage on even though they would get slaughtered . Hmmmm.... Now I'm second guessing this thesis, because it is kellam, does AI really ignore kellam unless he's the only unit in attack range?

AI prioritizes damage i think, they sometimes skip over unarmed units even

I think it has to do with who they'd deal the most damage to, regardless of whither or not they can counter. Case in point: Enemy has Noire, who they can't damage, and my Avatar, who'd take all of one damage if they could hit her, in range. Guess who they ignored...

Edited by Levant Fortner

I don't think I've ever witnessed enemies ignoring units who KO them easily. Though in TRS enemies will ignore units with Gale (=Ambush/Vantage) with OHKO potential, possibly understanding that they won't get a hit in before dying. They also ignore units whom they deal 0 damage against.

gee_wiz_emoticon.gifTharja most definitely has a 'come at me' aura.

i think you screwed up your order there

RNG has it out for my Avatar not really, but still

too bad he's got Armsthrift+forged Aversa's Night at this point, suckers (lol postgame)

I noticed while doing Paralogue 17 that whomever I place two or more squares south of Tiki draws the bulk of the enemy attacks for some reason, even if it's someone like Chrom with Falchion or Avatar with Rexcalibur or Celica's Gale or something like that.

I noticed while doing Paralogue 17 that whomever I place two or more squares south of Tiki draws the bulk of the enemy attacks for some reason, even if it's someone like Chrom with Falchion or Avatar with Rexcalibur or Celica's Gale or something like that.

The same thing happens with whoever is two or more squares west or east of Tiki, even if they don't face as much attacks. What really gets me, though, is the fact that if they have ranged implements, they'll attack at melee range anyway.

Edited by Levant Fortner

You must be on a harder difficulty mode than I am. All the southern enemies in my game just fly right up to my characters and...end their turn. They're so focused on fighting Tiki that they get as close as they can to her and then...stop there. Perhaps it's because I usually use all of my units to create a complete barrier around her, leaving no open gaps?

I'm on normal mode btw.

If you get Tiki killed off, the AI completely changes to start attacking you. It's useful for LTC'ing that chapter. Poor tiki though.

On topic, the RNG has it out for Lon'qu and Stahl in my game. Stahl never gets spd and Lon'qu is just fail in general for me.

If you get Tiki killed off, the AI completely changes to start attacking you. It's useful for LTC'ing that chapter. Poor tiki though.

On topic, the RNG has it out for Lon'qu and Stahl in my game. Stahl never gets spd and Lon'qu is just fail in general for me.

Ah, I see.

Stahl is awful at dodging so that's probably why they attack him.

I have no idea why they always attack Laurent though, besides the fact that he has the lowest defense out of my party. (But even so, with 24 defense only high level characters pose a threat to his life)

You must be on a harder difficulty mode than I am. All the southern enemies in my game just fly right up to my characters and...end their turn. They're so focused on fighting Tiki that they get as close as they can to her and then...stop there. Perhaps it's because I usually use all of my units to create a complete barrier around her, leaving no open gaps?

I'm on normal mode btw.

This was basically my game plan for Hard and Lunatic: Move Lissa next to the wall, have a unit stand directly south and another directly east of Lissa, then have her rescue Tiki so she's standing right next to the wall. It let me wall off Tiki completely, and they'd still attack whoever was standing to her south.

Dunno how the AI works on Normal, haven't played the chapter on that mode. Your Avatar really reminds me of Julia (from FE4) for some reason, on another note.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

This was basically my game plan for Hard and Lunatic: Move Lissa next to the wall, have a unit stand directly south and another directly east of Lissa, then have her rescue Tiki so she's standing right next to the wall. It let me wall off Tiki completely, and they'd still attack whoever was standing to her south.

Dunno how the AI works on Normal, haven't played the chapter on that mode. Your Avatar really reminds me of Julia (from FE4) for some reason, on another note.

Ah. Good tactic. I didn't think about doing that, but mainly because I had the numbers to block her off where she stood.

well honestly if I could get a picture of the brown-haired version of that sprite, I would. XD But as it is I was just screenshotting shadow's video of the avatar options.

I really wonder if the AI really prioritize something other than getting himself killed. At one point, a couple of reinforcements appeared in range of my Nyna (which was pretty much at base level with her crappy starting stats and a low level spell), any of them being able to rape her with 100% chance. They all proceed to attack my Nino equipped with a forged Micaiah's pyre and everything maxed.