NPD sales data

shadykid

so, apparently this game sold 180k units total in February, with 117k retail (95k standalone+22k bundle) and 63k digital

......damn it nintendo this is what happens when your games are supply constrained (that digital:total sales ratio)

Edited by shadykid

nintendo PR says its the best-selling first month for Fire Emblem in the states (so tracking ahead of FE7 presumably)

FE7 LTD in america is 331k, so I'm guessing the series actually has some pretty decent legs

and as for FE11, it did 250k LTD over here (probably mostly in the bomba bin though)

Is that a good, bad, or neutral number of sales?

Given how the current game market works, some will say bad, others will say good. It's the best selling FE game for its month which is good, and the game received a lot of praise, not to mention it's probably part of one of the most niche video game genres in a market where people only want to play FPS's, shitty sports games, and other casual gaming crap. That likely will damage the opinions people will have on the sales of this game. It definitely sold well in Japan, but for the US, I'd say not breaking 200k in 4 weeks definitely hurts my opinion of how well it sold.

Edited by Blademaster!

Given how the current game market works, some will say bad, others will say good. It's the best selling FE game for its month which is good, and the game received a lot of praise, not to mention it's probably part of one of the most niche video game genres in a market where people only want to play FPS's, shitty sports games, and other casual gaming crap. That likely will damage the opinions people will have on the sales of this game. It definitely sold well in Japan, but for the US, I'd say not breaking 200k in 4 weeks definitely hurts my opinion of how well it sold.

Could this also be a supply issue?

I can definitely see a supply issue being part of the reason why it didn't sell as high. Most people simply prefers a hard copy and probably still waiting even now.

Even so, that's a pretty nice number to see.

Not quite what I expected but I don't know what the projections were so I dunno if it would be considered "good" or not.

Though the DLC likely costs Nintendo next to nothing to produce so they're likely making money hand over fist on it.

^

The DLC is already made they just have to translate it and do a tiny bit of marketing/management and such

Anyhow I was in gamestop the... 4th? I think, and there were still people looking for Awakening, and when the kid mentioned he was looking for it practically everyone in the room but me giggled because it's so hard to find and they likely won't have it for weeks yet -_- in other words, sales will likely continue to go on relatively well for the next month as copies come in and people continue to buy the game (and as word spreads and those people who were on the edge about it/didn't have the money and stuff decide to buy it)

......damn it nintendo this is what happens when your games are supply constrained (that digital:total sales ratio)

This could probably be said about the overall sales. If Nintendo hadn't been so dumb about withholding physical copies, it might have sold extremely well.