How much time do you think passes between... (SPOILERS)

HijackThis

I figured a year at least. Chrom would have been looking around as would everyone else and that could take a long time depending on how far and thorough they traveled (along with all the other royal crap they'd have to worry about)

So, i figured minimum of a year between Grima's defeat and finding the Avatar

So do you guys think that the Avatar's body was just lying in some field unconscious for a year... and nobody touched it? Or did it just randomly appear there after a year had passed?

I don't think it would take that long. Your waifu and Morgan/other kids would be depressed if it did.

The latter (not necessarily after a year, but after some random amount of time: a few days? a few months? who knows) is what I'm thinking.

Probably not very long. Considering that it's Chrom and Lissa who found out the avatar instead of someone else (or wild animals, or even Risen), it might even be possible that they found the avatar within a day or two (or even right after Chrom's team vowing to find the avatar). Sure, this makes the team's "we'll keep finding you however long it takes" sentiment somewhat laughable, but since the avatar doesn't appear mauled or undead, I'd say this is the case.

^ Would Risen persist after the defeat of Grima? Remember, any "post game" skirmishes with the Risen happen before its defeat canonically as you are always wandering the map at the end with the giant Grima shadow looming to the south.

^ Would Risen persist after the defeat of Grima? Remember, any "post game" skirmishes with the Risen happen before its defeat canonically as you are always wandering the map at the end with the giant Grima shadow looming to the south.

I think they would, given that Henry is apparently able to summon them without Grima's help. So unless Grima is the source of power for all dark magic (unlikely), I would say no. This is all conjecture though, so don't quote me on it.

Even though the cinematic is the same, it never really made sense for me for them to find the Avatar in that field. There is no significance to it, after all - it's just some random stretch of land in south Ylisse where the Avatar happened to be when Future!Grima showed up to erase his memory.

I figure that Chrom and co. check all the likely places first - that is, around Grima's corpse, the Dragon's Table, the Shrine of Naga atop Mount Prism - and that they find him at one of those. Mount Prism seems the most appropriate somehow, and it's also the last one they are likely to check, due to geographic proximity.

We'll assume that the group splits up - part goes to Valm, the rest probably docks in Ferox before a smaller subset of the group heads back to Ylisse. Though probably Chrom's group stops by the Dragon's Table along the way to both check for the Avatar and to make sure that everything is calmed down. Probably some of the group stays back in Plegia to begin efforts to stabilize and rebuild the country.

When Chrom gets back to Ylisse, he's probably pretty busy, initially. He probably sends out a good amount of knights to try to find the Avatar first while he gets things under control. Eventually he can take a break to go looking, and along with Lissa he finds the Avatar in a field somewhere.

I'm willing to say that 6 months to a year sounds pretty reasonable.

I think they would, given that Henry is apparently able to summon them without Grima's help. So unless Grima is the source of power for all dark magic (unlikely), I would say no. This is all conjecture though, so don't quote me on it.

Well I mean yeah I suppose they could be summoned but I thought the main reason they were numerous enough to be roaming the world in packs like they were was due to Grima's influence.

Doesn't Chrom kinda go "YEAH THE RISEN ARE GONE WOO" in part of the ending(or maybe just the other ending)

I'd say 1 year feels right. It's long enough for the sentiment of everyone wanting to find him, and everyone actually missing him/her, to retain its meaning.

As for how he reappears I like to think his body went poof like Naga said it would and then Naga being the godmodder of the FE series she is, reconstructs him or something.

Edited by PKLucas531

Naga said she didn't have the power to do that, didn't she? "I am not a god and I do not have the power to create" or something along those lines.

I don't think it would take that long. Your waifu and Morgan/other kids would be depressed if it did.

I dunno, Chrom didn't seem like he'd been through much when he found his wife lying unconscious in an open field. In fact, it was like he was meeting her for the first time.

Well...it's worth wondering, if it was something like six months to a year, what really happened with Avatar that whole time. S/he couldn't just be lying in that field for a year, right? Someone would have found her/him. Even though it sounds kind of ridiculous, the most plausible thing I can think of is that Avatar was in sort of a purgatorial state for a while and dropped in the field at a later time for whatever reason. Given the reactions (and taking them as a general idea and not verbatim), it was probably quite a while later, a year or more after the dust had settled and the team wasn't just scouring the continent looking for one person anymore.

Naga said she didn't have the power to do that, didn't she? "I am not a god and I do not have the power to create" or something along those lines.

Naga does not have the power to create, no. At least not from nothing.

But like all sufficiently powerful members of the Dragon Tribe, she can presumably manipulate life force (quintessence, as Nergal puts it). Furthermore, dragons of sufficient power have an annoying tendency to hang around as spirits after they "die", and they can later resurrect or possess people or whatever.

I think that probably what happens is that, even sans dragon blood, the Avatar, due to his strength of bonds and heroic willpower and whatnot, is able to keep his/her spirit intact, and Naga helps form him/her a new body. It's as good of a guess as any.

The way I always saw it was sometime after the fall of Grima, after everything had settled down and order brought back to the war torn world, Chrom, Lissa and and Frederick decided to return to where they first met Robin to reminisce on the old days considering that's where their adventure had started to begin with. I like to imagine that as they arrived Robin's body magically reappeared in the world because of all the bonds he/she made like Naga said. Lissa, being the troll that she is, then decided that it would be hilarious if Chrom would be willing to reenact the scene that had transpired when they first met Robin which is why the scene originally looks like, or at least it did for me, the cycle is never ending and had repeated itself. I'm probably very wrong but it just made sense to me.

...He is? O_o; What? Where is this stated?

I dunno, Chrom didn't seem like he'd been through much when he found his wife lying unconscious in an open field. In fact, it was like he was meeting her for the first time.

Well...it's worth wondering, if it was something like six months to a year, what really happened with Avatar that whole time. S/he couldn't just be lying in that field for a year, right? Someone would have found her/him. Even though it sounds kind of ridiculous, the most plausible thing I can think of is that Avatar was in sort of a purgatorial state for a while and dropped in the field at a later time for whatever reason. Given the reactions (and taking them as a general idea and not verbatim), it was probably quite a while later, a year or more after the dust had settled and the team wasn't just scouring the continent looking for one person anymore.

If we suspect that Naga might have had a hand in this, it gets a lot easier to explain - if she is assisting in the Avatar's "ressurection", then she probably made sure that he/she was dropped off in a convenient place and time.

I'm going to say the time between disappearance and reappearance is at least three months minimum, and at most two years. I like to think the Avatar's reappearance after the battle with Grima is like Sora's waking from 'sleep' in Kingdom Hearts 2. In KH2, a trip to Hollow Bastion says that everyone began to remember Sora all at once; in my mind, while no one actually forgot the Avatar, the signal for his/her return happens in a similar fashion. Everyone starts thinking about him/her at the same time, which gives Chrom and Lissa the idea to check the field they first found the Avatar in.

I'm going to say the time between disappearance and reappearance is at least three months minimum, and at most two years. I like to think the Avatar's reappearance after the battle with Grima is like Sora's waking from 'sleep' in Kingdom Hearts 2. In KH2, a trip to Hollow Bastion says that everyone began to remember Sora all at once; in my mind, while no one actually forgot the Avatar, the signal for his/her return happens in a similar fashion. Everyone starts thinking about him/her at the same time, which gives Chrom and Lissa the idea to check the field they first found the Avatar in.

You know, that actually makes a lot of sense, especially if Naga is involved; maybe she's like DiZ and is watching over the avatar's sleep then plants signs for Chrom and friends to follow when the avatar's awakening is at hand (title drop).

...He is? O_o; What? Where is this stated?

From Henry's B Support with the Avatar:

Henry

Lah-di-da, do-di-doh, ~

fee-fi-fo-fum, bom bom bom... ~

Henry, what are you drawing in the soil? A magic sigil? Do you mind me asking what it's for? I must say it looks rather sinister...

Henry

Aw, [Avatar], you worry too much. It isn't sinister at all! Not one bit! I'm just going to use it to summon an army of Risen.

From Henry's B Support with the Avatar:

Henry

Lah-di-da, do-di-doh, ~

fee-fi-fo-fum, bom bom bom... ~

Henry, what are you drawing in the soil? A magic sigil? Do you mind me asking what it's for? I must say it looks rather sinister...

Henry

Aw, [Avatar], you worry too much. It isn't sinister at all! Not one bit! I'm just going to use it to summon an army of Risen.

...So does that mean that he summoned the risen in chapter 13? lol