Who did you choose to get married to one another?

For my current file, I did

[spoiler=ChromXFemaleAvatar]

I actually decided I would always pair my female Avatar with Chrom before this game even came out. The fact that Lucina and Morgan are awesome fighting units as siblings is a bonus. I can't stand ChromxSumia for some reason, I just DON't like their supports together, and I don't care about canon, and I don't care for his other pairings.

FrederickXSumia: I personally think Frederick is better for Sumia than Chrom, he is the prefect counter-balance to her clumsyness, plus Cynthia looks and battles awesome as a brunette.

CordeliaXVaike: They both have one thing in common, Chrom. Cordelia has a crush on him and Vaike considers him his rival, and in the end, they fall for each other. Plus Severa does seem like she is a little like Vaike personality-wise to me.

LissaXLon'qu: I liked the whole, body-guard crush of this pairing.

HenryXOlivia: I really liked their support since Olivia gets Henry to smile for real.

LucinaXGerome: This support blew me away, Gerome admitted that he admired Lucina for a long time and I found that to be so adorable.

Speaking of which, I wonder how that scene plays out when you're a male and married to Lucina.

I was actually disappointed a little bit. While the Mother scene shows signs of the mother-daughter thing before hand, the married to Lucina scene seems completely generic until you're given the choice to accept her judgement. After that it becomes more emotional and personal, but before that it's a tad disappointing.

So long as we're talking about couples, I'm actually quite conflicted. I love Chrom being my hubby and Lucina/Morgan being my children but Lon'qu has a much more hilarious and adorable confession scene. In my mind, Chrom x F Avatar will always be my 'canon' pairing, but gosh Lon'qu, You're so hilariously charming. I think I have a love for chew toys LOL

I can't stand ChromxSumia for some reason, I just DON't like their supports together, and I don't care about canon, and I don't care for his other pairings.

Ditto.

I was actually disappointed a little bit. While the Mother scene shows signs of the mother-daughter thing before hand, the married to Lucina scene seems completely generic until you're given the choice to accept her judgement. After that it becomes more emotional and personal, but before that it's a tad disappointing.

Yeah, that and I felt it was weaker because they're talking like they'd known each other their whole lives (when they'd probably known each other for a few months tops) and Lucina had more or less dropped in her A support that she's figured out you killed her father and she's there to kill you.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

I'm not fond of ChromxSumia either, but I wouldn't mind it since it would mean Sumia's not with Frederick. xP I would never pair him with either her or Lissa, so yeah. Anyone else, I could deal with for either one, Cordelia and Panne being my favorite non-Avatar options for Fred.

And besides that, I also recently realized that a wedding between Fred and the Avatar would be a pretty big thing, almost as big as Chrom's own wedding, which is another thing I like about the pairing now. I mean come on, it's Ylisse's knight captain and best tactician. :P:

Edited by Anacybele

You guys have no idea how long I agonized over who to marry to who... I did it for the kids' hair colors seriously and the supports. Considering I started pairing people with translated Japanese supports and changed my mind a couple times after the English ones came out, it was hard work!

FeMU/Chrom - made the most sense with the storyline. If not, probably would have gone with Olivia though.

Lissa/Gaius - cute couple

Frederick/Cordelia - both compensating for not marrying Chrom ;)

Kellam/Miriel - support is A+

Sully/Libra - girly man and manly girl = win

Stahl/Tharja - Fluffy kittens and rainbows ftw

Vaike/Maribelle - Lady and the Tramp, someone put it

Lon'qu/Cherche - I needed a black haired Batman Jerome

Ricken/Nowi - kid with kid

Virion/Olivia - Inigo inherits his womanizing

Gregor/Panne - the older-looking ones go together

Sumia/Henry - leftovers, but it kinda works

I'm just wondering, but where is it ever indicated that Frederick is obsessed with Chrom? I've seen nothing so far, not even in their supports, yet people keep saying Frederick is obsessed with him the way Cordelia is or something. He seems more obsessed with being a good retainer rather than Chrom himself, if you ask me. :/

Edited by Anacybele

I guess it's more obsessed with being a good knight, but he doesn't seem to give Lissa the same treatment.

He does. He lays out her clothes for her and stuff. I think this is mentioned in his support with Maribelle. lol

It seems Ricken x Nowi is popular due to kiddy reason.

Well, who else Nowi can be with without making the suitor look like a pedo.

Small build male MC might works.

I think.

He does. He lays out her clothes for her and stuff. I think this is mentioned in his support with Maribelle. lol

That's why I paired Fred with Cher.

They both so butler-y

Edited by Fairlee

It seems Ricken x Nowi is popular due to kiddy reason.

Well, who else Nowi can be with without making the suitor look like a pedo.

Probably Donny.

Let's see here...

Main File:

Chrom / Sumia - As a man who prefers going for the "canon / good guy" ending and storylines first, I had to pair these two together. However, as others have stated, their support does seem a bit bland...

Lissa / Stahl - This was mainly out of convenience, I didn't want to use Sully yet I wanted to use Stahl. (They both ended up getting benched later anyway)

Frederick / Panne - They seem to complement each other well, and their support was enjoyable (Fredrick getting over his fears). However, they too ended up getting benched.

Sully / Vaike - One of the last ones I paired, did it simply for child recruitment. However, they do fit well together.

Virion / Olivia - I really wanted to use Olivia, but she was too frail to be of use, and she fell behind. Postgame, I wanted to recruit Indigo, and it turns out that these two work pretty well together. (Learning dances and Virion being Inigo's father.) I started to enjoy Virion more as well, but that may be because I reclassed him into a Dread Fighter...

Miriel / Ricken - Again, child recruitment, and two mages seemed the way to go.

Kellam / Cherche - Mobile Wall. Their support was entertaining, and these two also happen to be favorite characters of mine. Shame they couldn't keep up with Avatar(M) and Morgan...

Lon'Qu / Cordelia - They just happened to be working together, so they got married.

Maribelle / Gaius - Found both characters to be useless, but their support is adorable.

Gregor / Nowi - Same chapter recruitment, and both are awesome as well. Also favorites.

Tharja / Henry - Tharja can go obsess over someone else. Henry is a good character in his own right, and two dark mages makes Noire's personality rather fitting.

Avatar (Mark) / Lucina - As previously stated, I felt it was necessary to pair these two together. It helps that Morgan turns out awesome (Aether!) and the scene with Lucina at Chapter 21. However, should I choose elsewhere, it would be Cherche or possibly Olivia. (Cherche seems to be right personality and appearance wise. Olivia, while shy and timid [traits I do enjoy to a degree], eyes could not override judgement as I found her somewhat annoying at times.) As for the name of my avatar, I took it from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, because I like that connection and it happens to be my first name.

Owain / Cynthia - Don't judge, two crazy hero wannabes work well together. I reject reality, and substitute my own!

Indigo / Morgan - Didn't really know to to pair Morgan with, and I ended up pairing her with Indigo. I loved their support, although another part of me has reservations about marrying my daughter off to a womanizer...

Gerome / Nah - Wyverns and Dragons. Enough said.

The rest are currently unpaired.

There's always Henry and Gaius, y'know.

Duh, but even so. I prefer Gaius with Maribelle though. Henry is my only option for Sumia that I don't prefer with another woman. xP

I'm just wondering, but where is it ever indicated that Frederick is obsessed with Chrom? I've seen nothing so far, not even in their supports, yet people keep saying Frederick is obsessed with him the way Cordelia is or something. He seems more obsessed with being a good retainer rather than Chrom himself, if you ask me. :/

Hmm. Well, when you first wake up what greets the MU is an overly paranoid Frederick that constantly fawns over Chrom's safety haha. It's the first impression the player gets of him and it just... sticks I suppose? I guess it should be considered normal behavior of a knight; yet when you compare him to the other knights like Sully and Stahl, Frederick can be a bit over the top in his concern, and that comes off as "obsessed" to the player I guess xD

Hmm. Well, when you first wake up what greets the MU is an overly paranoid Frederick that constantly fawns over Chrom's safety haha. It's the first impression the player gets of him and it just... sticks I suppose? I guess it should be considered normal behavior of a knight; yet when you compare him to the other knights like Sully and Stahl, Frederick can be a bit over the top in his concern, and that comes off as "obsessed" to the player I guess xD

Well yes, exactly. But that doesn't sound like the romantic kind of obsession. Just obsession with his duty. lol

Yeah, Frederick has a ton of pretty hilariously insane moments (e.g. his sticking posters of Chrom all over camp).

Yeah, Frederick has a ton of pretty hilariously insane moments (e.g. his sticking posters of Chrom all over camp).

My gosh, he does! It's one thing I love so much about him! lol

Well... I don't have good reasons for them Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Henry x Cherche - Because Gerome looks so damn awesome with Henry's hair color! And Henry will be very happy with a family who loves wyverns, he loves animals after all.

Sumia x Chrom - Because of Pega-Pony Princess gee_wiz_emoticon.gif , and is not bad for Lucina

Lon'qu x Olivia - Shy people together!

Sully x Virion - It's... funny xD

Stahl x Cordelia - I found a bit ironic that both are calm people and then, there is Severa tongue.gif

Donnel x Nowi & Ricken x Maribelle - Cute couples

Myunit x Gaius - He is my favorite character gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Lissa x Frederick - The most similar to my Paladin x Princess pair from the previous games

Miriel x Kellam, Libra x Tharja, Panne x Vaike - I chose these by random lol , I really didn't know with who to pair the girls, so, these mens get married because of luck Lol

Now the kids

Lucina x Gerome - Childhood friends ftw! My favorite pair from this game!

Nah x Yarne - I want Dracobunnies!

Cynthia x Morgan - Their supports are adorables

Severa x Inigo - I really don't know why tongue.gif

Owain x Noire - Like Owain say it in the S support, they are good for each other

Kjelle x Brady - Again, I don't know why, just happened lol

I feel a bit bad for Laurent, I will marry him with one of the girls in my next file... And how I wish to be able to marry Basilio with Flavia... and Emmeryn with Gangrel blink.gif?

Edited by SniperGYS

I guess VirionxOlivia is good because Inigo gets Virion's philandering schtick with Olivia's anxiety issues tacked on?

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter