The Jagen Knights!

Anacybele

Which Jagen knight is your favorite?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which Jagen knight is your favorite?

• Frederick (Awakening)
    • Titania (PoR/RD)
    • Seth (Sacred Stones)
    • Marcus (Blazing Sword/Sword of Seals)
    • Other (Japan only)

So, cause I felt like it, I thought I'd make a thread asking about everyone's favorite Jagen knight characters in the series. They're the prepromoted horse knight guys that are with the lord character from the beginning of the game (usually) and guide said lord and all that. Some have poor growths (the earlier ones from what I've read) while others can actually be pretty good throughout the whole game (the later ones except Marcus). They're known as the Jagen type because of Jagen himself, the very first of his kind.

So which is your favorite? I didn't add every one of them separately because I don't know the names of the ones in the Japan only games (besides Jagen, obviously). xP

My favorite used to be Seth cause I think he's hot and I like his wisdom and intellect and he's really cute with Eirika. But Titania is cool too, she's the only girl, she's tough, she has pretty red hair, and I love how she always disagrees with Soren. lol

But then Awakening gave us Frederick! He has to be the best and least bland of them all, and he's by far my favorite now. He has so much more character than the others, plus he's a Great Knight instead of a Paladin, which is a nice change. He acts like a butler, hates gamey meat, is afraid of wild animals, and is obsessed with his duty and a serious and sophisticated guy. And yet on the inside, I find him to be a big charming teddy bear too! (or Freddy Bear, haha. Probably where the female Avatar got that nickname lol) I just find his character funny and so entertaining! And he has blue armor (like Seth) and blue was always my favorite color. And I think he's the hottest Jagen now (sorry Seth, though you're still hot too!). <3

So who is your favorite Jagen?

Yeah, so I kinda sorta also made this thread to see who agrees with me about Fred being the least bland. lol

I don't see how it's possibly difficult to just look on the mainsite at the people who join super early in the Japanese games or ask before making the thread, etc

anyway Oifey

I like Arran the best. It's actually really interesting seeing a former renowned (if, you know, 24 hp at level 10 promoted could be considered renowned) paladin get knocked down far enough to become Jeigan-like, and actually die by the end of the game.

Seth's great and all disagreeing with Ephraim, but loses points for trying to get into his sister's pants. Jeigan wins for me, he pretty much told Lang to shove it.

Why do I get the feeling that Anacybele ordered the poll options in order of favorite to least favorite...

Nope, I ordered them by how recent their games are. I actually prefer Seth to Titania, as I said. lol

Yeah, I just noticed that.

I didn't read your post before because I already knew who your favorite was.

Ah, well, that's understandable, I've pretty much spat it in the Awakening board. lol

I can't vote my favorite Jagen because she doesn't fit your requirement of being on a horse. But I will say her name anyways Eyvel. Leif's Jagen in FE5 who was actually an unstoppable swordmaster for the few chapters you got her at the beginning.

In your requirements I shall say Marcus

I can't vote my favorite Jagen because she doesn't fit your requirement of being on a horse. But I will say her name anyways Eyvel. Leif's Jagen in FE5 who was actually an unstoppable swordmaster for the few chapters you got her at the beginning.

In your requirements I shall say Marcus

thats what i would go with

I love all of them dearly, but my pick would be MArcus.

Because fe7 HHM was a challenge when I picked up the game and Marcus raped it.

Fe6 relied on Marcus doing some things here and there too.

You've played FE10 right?

I don't really consider Sothe to be a Jagen because he can promote. So he's not a prepromote in the same sense. Nor does he guide Micaiah. He's just there to protect her and stuff. Micaiah more or less guides herself, really.

I don't really consider Sothe to be a Jagen because he can promote. So he's not a prepromote in the same sense.

He's still Tier 2 in a group of entirely Tier 1s (pre-Z and co.) Plus, he totally advises Micaiah for earlygame.

EDIT: The existence of a third tier shouldn't invalidate the fact that, compared to his compatriots, he's promoted.

Edited by Integrity

He's still Tier 2 in a group of entirely Tier 1s (pre-Z and co.) Plus, he totally advises Micaiah for earlygame.

EDIT: The existence of a third tier shouldn't invalidate the fact that, compared to his compatriots, he's promoted.

I seem to recall Micaiah making more of her own decisions and Sothe simply following with some reluctance. And the Greil Mercenaries are all prepromotes as well. I guess they're Jagens in this game too.

Sothe isn't promoted yet. Ergo, he's pre-promotion.

For me, it'd be a tie between Jagen, Eyvel and Sothe, who are all well designed for their archetype.

EDIT: Which incidentally is, be the strongest unit when they join, and be no more than filler at endgame.

Edited by Baldrick