European website and demo

Miatt

So there is no way to avoid any chance of the game crashing when using it? Yeah, I can see how that wasn't noticed during playtesting.

Man, NoE always used to catch stuff like that.

Nope.

For better or for worse, though, it's a somewhat rare weapon with a low chance to activate earlygame, can only actually be used by someone with D swords, and you ultimately do have the choice of not using it and just pretending you got something useless like an Aversa's Night.

I feel so sorry for anyone who gets an Aversa's Night in the demo.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, what exactly is this Leif's Blade glitch? I mean, is it in the Japanese game or the North American game that it allegedly freezes the game upon stealing a Bullion? Because I've used it plenty of times in my North American copy and haven't had it freeze the game once. Hopefully it'll work in the full game for you guys in Europe!

Nope.

For better or for worse, though, it's a somewhat rare weapon with a low chance to activate earlygame, can only actually be used by someone with D swords, and you ultimately do have the choice of not using it and just pretending you got something useless like an Aversa's Night.

I feel so sorry for anyone who gets an Aversa's Night in the demo.

Thanks, I felt a bit ... of anger when I saw I got Aversa's Night.

Then I cried myself to sleep.

Now I stopped playing the demo (only 1 usage left :S) and wait till Thursday.

Wait, what exactly is this Leif's Blade glitch? I mean, is it in the Japanese game or the North American game that it allegedly freezes the game upon stealing a Bullion? Because I've used it plenty of times in my North American copy and haven't had it freeze the game once. Hopefully it'll work in the full game for you guys in Europe!

Apparently stealing a bullion after using Leif's Blade still freezes the game, according to Vincent at least. But I've not stolen a bullion yet so can't confirm.

Three days, bitches. Getting dispatched from Amazon.co.uk on the 18th, 2-3 days delivery... I should have it by Saturday morning, if Im lucky. However Amazon has delivered items listed as "2-3 days delivery" by next day in the past, so I may well have it on release day. 32 quid's a bit steep for my liking, but I think it'll be worth considering I enjoyed all two chapters of the demo.

Not sure which difficulty I should start on, though. Normal is pisseasy and Hard still seemed very easy - didn't have to use the Jeigan even once. I'll probably start Normal just to blast through the game and enjoy the story, then work my way up the difficulty ladder.

It's probably because they removed the bullion data to save space in the demo, thus the game tries to give you an item that doesn't exist. You wouldn't need one because there are no shops in the demo.

There is no reason for this glitch to remain in the full game, as there the bullion will exist normally... Wouldn't happen in the japanese demo because there is no japanese demo(unless they added one recently). And it happens in the NA demo, but not the full game.

Edited by L95

I pre-ordered mine from Game (Spain) for the artbook thingy, and just got the confirmation e-mail yesterday, so it should arrive within 2 days, or so they say.

Man, I've been waiting for this game forever. I can't believe I'm finally going to play it after so long!

I was just at GameStop here in Germany, preordering the second copy of the game,

and the guy behind the counter told me, that they already had them in the back.

But he just wouldn't accept my bribe... :(:

But he told me, that if there was a release break, they'd notify me.

I got Aversa's night in the demo, but just ignored it. What is it?

It's basically a very rare dark magic tome. If you know what Nosferatu tome is, think of aversa's night as a stronger version of that tome.

Apparently stealing a bullion after using Leif's Blade still freezes the game, according to Vincent at least. But I've not stolen a bullion yet so can't confirm.

Three days, bitches. Getting dispatched from Amazon.co.uk on the 18th, 2-3 days delivery... I should have it by Saturday morning, if Im lucky. However Amazon has delivered items listed as "2-3 days delivery" by next day in the past, so I may well have it on release day. 32 quid's a bit steep for my liking, but I think it'll be worth considering I enjoyed all two chapters of the demo.

Not sure which difficulty I should start on, though. Normal is pisseasy and Hard still seemed very easy - didn't have to use the Jeigan even once. I'll probably start Normal just to blast through the game and enjoy the story, then work my way up the difficulty ladder.

Most people reccomend Hard, difficulty will fluctuate throughout the game though. Normal.... well reinforcements won't move on the turn they appear and there is no forged weapons on the enemies. On hard the enemy reinforcements will move the instant they show up and enemies have forged weapons later on.

Just received an e-mail from GAME UK saying my game has been sent!!! :D

Lucky... im still waiting for Webhallen in sweden to send me my game. They typically send it a day or two ahead of release so it just barely makes it in time. I hate that though, very likely to end up with me not getting the game until monday because of swedish mail deliverey not working weekends. Atleast my significant other is also getting the game and she has it preordered at Gamestop.

Edited by Deshiva

Lucky... im still waiting for Webhallen in sweden to send me my game. They typically send it a day or two ahead of release so it just barely makes it in time. I hate that though, very likely to end up with me not getting the game until monday because of swedish mail deliverey not working weekends. Atleast my significant other is also getting the game and she has it preordered at Gamestop.

Oh yay, someone else from Sweden! I thought about pre-ordering from Webbhallen, but well... it was around 100 SEK cheaper at amazon.co.uk... but if I'm unlucky, there will be a shortage of games here too. Ireallyhopethatdoesn'thappenhere. Otherwise, I'll still have to wait for one-two weeks. Argh, maybe I should've pre-ordered from Webbhallen or Elgiganten (They don't seem to have it though) or something. :(:

Oh yay, someone else from Sweden! I thought about pre-ordering from Webbhallen, but well... it was around 100 SEK cheaper at amazon.co.uk... but if I'm unlucky, there will be a shortage of games here too. Ireallyhopethatdoesn'thappenhere. Otherwise, I'll still have to wait for one-two weeks. Argh, maybe I should've pre-ordered from Webbhallen or Elgiganten (They don't seem to have it though) or something. :(:

'Bout time more of my countrymen showed up XD

Shipping from amazon is slower though, granted they might send it earlier to compensate. I never considered preordering from Elgiganten, they got many other products to sell so it feels unreliable to order from them. And nintendo should have prepared the proper amount of copies considering the outcry from american release

Edited by Deshiva

I got Aversa's night in the demo, but just ignored it. What is it?

One of the best tomes in the game, arguably *the* best for a Sorceror that's with Armsthrift.

Unfortunately, it's stupidly rare, and there's no good way to obtain more of them. And in the demo, not only can you not save it for later, but nobody can ever use any Aversa's Nights obtained, period, because nobody has the Tome rank to use it or the Sorceror class that's required.

Basically, getting an Aversa's Night in the demo is a milder form of finding a shiny Pokemon before you obtain Pokeballs.

They basically say the same on Amazon.de. If you choose one of the better shipping methods they'll guarantee it will arrive on time. If it comes late then they'll refund the shipping costs.

I don't know how it works when you're an Amazon prime member, because then the basic "Premium Shipping" is free anyway.

One of the best tomes in the game, arguably *the* best for a Sorceror that's with Armsthrift.

Unfortunately, it's stupidly rare, and there's no good way to obtain more of them. And in the demo, not only can you not save it for later, but nobody can ever use any Aversa's Nights obtained, period, because nobody has the Tome rank to use it or the Sorceror class that's required.

Basically, getting an Aversa's Night in the demo is a milder form of finding a shiny Pokemon before you obtain Pokeballs.

Nice analogy, just seems like a slap in the face doesn't it.

Btw. Fire Emblem Awakening is the

#2 video game title on Amazon.fr (39.00€)

#5 video game title on Amazon.de (44.99€)

#5 video game title on Amazon.es (37.95€)

#6 video game title on Amazon.co.uk (~38.30€)

#43 video game title on Amazon.it (44.35€)

Good numbers, though the Italians seem to hate Fire Emblem. :(

maybe the shellfish knight designs remind them of a period in italian armour history they'd rather forget? :P

(no i have no idea if they actually do resemble real italian armour but i'm inclined to say they don't)

DLC pricing was released, we're still getting CoY1 for free, but I derped and missed it. I think it was 2 pounds per map? Could have been Euros. Direct is still on, so I can't go back. We're getting the packs as well

It was 1.99€ (=2.61$) per map and 4.99€ (=6.55$) for the pack. 3.49€ (=4.58$) during the first month, when the first map is free.

Good prices, usually they just swap the $ symbol with the € symbol.

Edited by Lusankya

Don't worry, as italian I'll give as much love as I can into the game. Like, two times the love of a single person.

Anyway, I ordered the game via a small shop in my town and guess what? They don't give a damn about release dates, so I'm gonna pick it up later this evening :D

EDIT These are pretty good DLC prices. The Euro is given some thought finally.

Edited by cloudropis