Missing SpotPass Characters

DrPikachu

For some reason, all but four of the SpotPass teams from the Radiant Dawn set are missing from one of my friend's copy of FE:A. And yet, the other teams from the other games are all available. He tried the "Update Now" method, but no dice.

Has this happened to anyone else, or is this an isolated incident?

(He only has Leonardo, Brom, Sephiran, and the Black Knight appearing on the list, by the way.)

Are the FE12 teams available? If so, something's amiss. I don't think this is normal.

And try this: Start a new game, play up to Chapter 4 (to unlock the menus) and see if the problem persists. If so, something's wrong with that copy of the game. If not, I don't know, maybe blame cosmic rays for interfering with the 3DS system affected?

Are the FE12 teams available? If so, something's amiss. I don't think this is normal.

And try this: Start a new game, play up to Chapter 4 (to unlock the menus) and see if the problem persists. If so, something's wrong with that copy of the game. If not, I don't know, maybe blame cosmic rays for interfering with the 3DS system affected?

He says he only has up to FE10 for available teams. So, no, he does not have the FE3/12 teams.

Come to think of it, I should have guessed this because if he did have FE3/12, he'd be talking about Katarina again.

Edited by DrPikachu

I've never heard of this happening... My understanding is, if he has the Shadow Dragon team, he's supposed to get all the Radiant Dawn characters he missed. Has he summoned all the RD characters and then checked back 24 hours later to try the conventional method of getting new ones?

Have you or your friend tried staying at an accessible Wi-Fi hotspot for a bit of a long period of time? Like the local library or a McDonald's location? (Preferable the former?) I'm pretty sure that'll fix it, though I can't give any guarantees.

Edited by Little Al

New Update!

I gave him the suggestion to summon Leo and the gang.

And, now he says the game's "unable to receive new data" when he tries to update. Oh, well, some information is better than none. I WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS.

Well, he said he found and recruited Nephenee yesterday, so it looks like things are back on the right track, however winding it is...Guess he'll get one character a day until all of the RD alumni appear.

Thanks for the help, everyone! If anything notable happens or if things take a turn for the worse (or downright strange), you can read it here in the future.

Try turning spotpass off and on . It happened to me and that helped ,seems spotpass is a tad glitchy .

Has he tried this^ yet? Followed by the "update now" option. That's what I had to do when it messed up for me, and it worked perfectly afterward.

Edited by Tsamimi

New Update!

He now has all the teams currently released and ten characters each.

Just figured I'd let you guys know, so if someone wants to lock the thread, they can.