My Avatar is worst Avatar

Party Moth

So, 80 hours into my game, my Avatar has been failing me on critical missions. For example, he's dying on the Smash Brethren DLC despite being a 20/20/20/20/1 Grandmaster.

His lovely stats:

67 HP

30 Str

44 Mag

32 Skill

35 Spd

34 Lck

28 Def

29 Res

He misses 94% chances to hit and can't do anything right. Should I question my god that I've failed at making Avatar good?

So, 80 hours into my game, my Avatar has been failing me on critical missions. For example, he's dying on the Smash Brethren DLC despite being a 20/20/20/20/1 Grandmaster.

His lovely stats:

67 HP

30 Str

44 Mag

32 Skill

35 Spd

34 Lck

28 Def

29 Res

He misses 94% chances to hit and can't do anything right. Should I question my god that I've failed at making Avatar good?

No, it may just be that Grima has taken the Random Number Goddess hostage and is sabotaging your game, because that seems like a serious case of bad luck right there.

It's a good build, and his luck stat is fairly high, so I don't fully understand why he's doing so poorly.

His lovely stats:

67 HP

30 Str

44 Mag

32 Skill

35 Spd

34 Lck

28 Def

29 Res

Hmm ... if he's seriously been reclassed that many times, I'd expect him to have capped everything (or at least HP). Maybe he's just super unlucky. I mean, it happens. What was his build?

If I recall correctly, I chose Magic as his best and strength as his worst. I went in knowing he was going to need some defense, but sheesh I can't even bring the dude to battles anymore since he nearly dies on Lost Bloodlines 3 and does die on higher leveled DLC.

I had one that was going south very quick. Luckily i was still in the first part of the game so i scraped him entirely. My last male Avatar ended up having speed issues despite his modifiers going no where near speed. So yeah. Sometimes, you end up with a meh one.

Does pairing him with a high defense unit help at all, like Frederick or Kellam?

It helps, but enemies with Bolganone or stronger just rip him apart as well. For further clarification, this is my Normal mode file. This all just baffles me (especially since other units have started maxed out stats as early as 20/20).

Edited by Duels at Dawn

I've had a +mag MU and a -str MU, so I can say that it's actually not too difficult for MU to be screwed out of strength if he's -str. I made mine a wyvern rider after he reached level 20 tactician to make up for lost strength. I can't recall if strength affects defense, but it should be in at least the 30s if you've reclassed him THAT many times. Same with HP, which should have been easily capped. I think you just got very, very unlucky. Time for statboosters.

Y-Yikes! You'll get sympathy from me. [/shot]

I always thought the Avatars were meant to be the tanks, the backpack straps of the rest of the team digging into their shoulders! Rogues and Redeemers will be tough.

I suggest Paragon, firstly, and reclassing + watching in specific classes to improve the target areas, like defense and resistance. Patience and hand-holding if you don't have the steroids available, or just don't feel like using them (since I've never actually felt the need to use them and have an enormous haul of them in most of my files).