FEIV (v0.a released)

BoxMulder

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever the first release is out you can compile a list of errata. There's no need for an editor during the development process; the dialogue that hasn't been shown off is still in flux and can change at a moment's notice. Text, like graphics, is not the highest priority if I want to get a release out in a timely manner.

What line is this and what's the correction you suggest?

In the meantime I'll see if there's anything I added that's worth showing off right now. There are a lot of new and exciting things added and I'm keeping them ready for a month's time! It will be... memorable.

Edit:

I can't exactly edit the first post, but try this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/05nkt347yma6hwi/feiv0.a.ups?dl=0

Here's a mini-update on the current situation. In terms of chapters I've started working on the final segment of Chapter 2, where they player storms the capital. Once that's done, there's 3 parts for Chapter 3 (Jacoban, Eltoshan and Shagall 2) and then I'll be able to start tidying things up for a release! Even with that in mind, there's still a bit of work to go.

First off is rebalancing some gameplay elements. Several overpowered weapons will be shuffled around and you won't get them as early. For example, Lex no longer gets a Brave Axe from Verdane. Instead, he gets the aptly named... Golden Axe.

oiRvMZO.png

It may not look powerful at a glance, but frugal players will find a great return on their investment, so to speak. Nonetheless, the Brave Axe hasn't vanished into thin air. But exactly how you obtain it will be revealed later...!

Secondly, an important element of the complete package are cosmetic touchups. Armies will have their own unique colors to set them apart from each other!

OZyYWSA.pngBbyFYgF.pngmwV8BMa.png

Finally, another skill trickles in. Although it's not the original Critical, I'm sure Noish will find it to be a good substitute.

A9NWTZ8.png

As the image says, Daredevil will improve Noish's critical rate if the enemy has high hit rates. Take a big risk, get a big reward! The exact bonus is half of the enemy's hit rate, currently capped at a maximum of a +25 bonus (so you get the maximum bonus if the enemy has better than even odds of hitting you.) Of course, you don't have to take such a big risk. Even an enemy with 30 hit rate will still give a modest +15 bonus, potentially turning the tide of a battle.

1) That might be difficult, as I'll probably need to go through multiple playthorughs to find everything. I'll see if I can arrange something. (I take it, then, that the first release will just be the raw thing, then various re-releases will improve on graphics, portraits, and the like?)

2) At 0:27 in the Kruge video.

Sylvia: Heya Levin! Rise and shine!

It should read:

Sylvia: Heya, Levin! Rise and shine!

Those things drive me nuts.

This is GBA, not FEXNA. Stop getting everyone's hopes up like that. There's no possible way it can be done.

*crosses fingers*

he could probably do that, idk if he will though

It's possible.

Ye of little faith

...so, I tried the latest patch posted... hoping for something like the screens shown. Instead in chapter 1, I get this...

af08c76fbe353ea4abba5662dc1f6dd8.png

...these are not the droids I am looking for. >.<

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

2) At 0:27 in the Kruge video.

Sylvia: Heya Levin! Rise and shine!

It should read:

Sylvia: Heya, Levin! Rise and shine!

Those things drive me nuts.

lolwut. no, the absence of the comma is completely fine.

its text, and speech doesnt follow normal grammar conventions. the lack of grammar in speech conveys character too, so "fixing" the text in the manner wildshot proposes would be a disservice if anything.

When directly addressing a person in text, a comma is required before their name. This isn't really affected by how the character may speak, because it's a hard and fast punctuation rule. Character is usually convey by changing the spelling of the words themselves, not the punctuation between them.

Direct address

• 4 weeks later...

I think my original reason for removing the comma was rhythm reasons, to keep the sentence flowing quickly since it's supposed to be a fast-paced dialogue; However I can see it going either way.

Anyway, now it's time for another update! It took a while getting all this ready so the detailed writeup will come later. For now, enjoy the video, and have fun picking out the various things I've added. (Please do not point out the "worst" typo, I am aware of it. Feel free to point out anything else I missed though!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRpjakNu2YI

Yay april 1st 1AM update

Jamka is 10/10 (Isn't Holyn supposed to be blond)

Ohhh little icons flashing for when enemies can drop stuff (or have things that do not drop?)

Custom skilllll anims :00

Delicious support exp. (I wonder how who getting what exp is determined?)

Edited by L95

oh my god who made that midi of the newest jojo OP

whooooooa sylvia autodances when attack? amazing top tier unit

Excellent anime choice Arden

Edited by Thor Odinson