FE7 LHM + HHM Low Turn Attempt

Espinosa

Looking forward to the Jerme/Kenneth lol I have a problem with Kenneth map >_>

Haha, pretty sure he's going to Kenneth's map because he's been using Erk, Priscilla, and Serra (he just recruited Lucius and that was it, I think) a lot more than Raven, Bartre, Dorcas, and Guy.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm going into all gaidens besides 19xx and 31x just so that I can low-turn them (because some of the best chapters in the game happen to be gaidens).

Kenneth's map is most likely the perfect version of the chapter for low-turning (you needn't divide your party into groups), 5-turns being very easily achievable in my opinion (4 seems possible just by counting squares but both the boss and the SM in front of him need to somehow selfdestruct before turn 4 because we simply do not have enough units to eliminate all the obstacles, although Hector can indeed be refreshed to be in seize range on turn 4.

I didn't recruit Lucius at all actually, all due to my shaving off a turn from the map. If I had, I'd probably train him in lieu of Erk for desert action / maybe even over Priscilla because I'm stingy to spam Barrier/Physic with the latter, though I doubt Lucius would replace Pent as my Warper (especially after the level-ups Pent got that you will see in the next two vids). But as it stands, in a consistent lowest turns run, Lucius costs a turn that he doesn't return (unless Purge sieging has some unique turn-shaving utility that I'm unaware of).

Considering Vaida's contribution in VoD, would killing Vaida(if its even possible) be a more turncount positive decision?

I just checked if the question could be loaded with something that is not in my knowledge of the game and found dondon saying, 'There's no way to shorten this map (not even by defeating Vaida).'

Don't know how I would kill her anyway - I can only see it happening by repetitively rigging Sain's Killer Axe crits, but even then there is no point.

As boring as expected

Awaiting Kenneth though. Should be better.

Waht is your current TC total anyway

Edited by Peekayell

• 2 weeks later...

C27 Kenneth in 5 turns.

Need to think what I want from BBD. Keep Zephiel/Nino/Jaffar alive, steal an Earth Seal, loot the chests, and I'm still planning the rest. Some levels for Pent for more warp range maybe? Probably going to feed some good enemies to Heath who will get the Boots. Hector has some more space to grow, so I'm hoping for spd levels because we'll want to double Kaim. I'll also probably try to get Eliwood to 20/0 - I imagine him becoming a competent fighter for Final and being able to pick Hector up with 7 move is a valuable ability. We'll see. It's one long map.

The boss would have to escape from the throne and the Swordmaster would have to move out of the way and rescue him or something you'd see in a Rolanmen video. The archers/sniper aggroing is also a problem, considering you need all units present to assist Hector in being dropped and refreshed. The 4-turn can't be possible in any glitchfree universe.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the number of weapon uses remaining supposed to affect enemy AI (movement + from which side the enemy attacks + attack order etc.)? Even if Heath's Javelin is not breaking, equipping a fewer-use one for the EP results in different enemies being critted, and the RN state is also completely different on the next turn. It's really irritating me.

Spent a lot of time in BBD so far; still not done with it because I'm trying to milk as much as I can out of the map (letting Ursula live until the end so that reinforcements appear). Not sure of the best way of pulling her though (besides Sain blitzing forward). For a 15-turn chapter I guess this isn't that bad.

Just spent some time in 28x and I'm wondering if I didn't make a mistake by not training a second super-strong flier in addition to Heath, i.e. Fiora or Florina with more levels under her belt. For example, 28 atk is needed to 6HKO a General on the Speedwings chest. There are definitely more instances ahead where a second flier with above average combat competence would be good.

I don't think I can possibly 3-turn 28x, but if I had two Heaths I'd probably give it a try.

Battle Before Dawn completed in the record number of turns (lol).

I was just lamenting the fact that I didn't train Dart (!!!) for 28x, since unlike Hawkeye he can be carried by any flier (besides Vaida later) and could do one thing I found important at first, then I realised just how simpler LTCing the map actually is. Oh well, better late than never.

edit: the video won't load for me when I try to view it from here, anybody else getting the same issue?

Edited by Espinosa

I can't click any of my embedded videos actually.

Also... One use of the Berserk staff for the Speedwings chest in 28x - good trade off or not? Hector should have enough AS to double Kaim post-promo and I already have one Speedwings, which could go to Vaida or even Marcus. I honestly can't physically get the chest without it.

I'm not sure... It's plenty good in the later chapters, but Pent should be busy Warping and doing suchlike stuff so there might be no space for it. I suppose a 15 mag Prissy isn't a half bad user of it either. I think I might also be in a rush to LTC the final and have no time to berserk Lloyd as a result, too.

Then again, I can't even manage to open the chest WITH the use of the staff (though the General does fuck off and leave the square) so... 7 res (not even kidding) on Florina leaves her so vulnerable to the enemy staves it's not even funny.

Edited by Espinosa

I never thought to use the Rescue staff in this chapter before, but you made really great use of it to get the three turn. And awesome use of the berserk staff so Florina could get the speedwings. Who do you think is going to get them?

Eliwood and Heath turned out really nicely, I must say. Same with Hector. Capped STR and 16 SPD is above average, and then keep in mind Hector gets +3 SPD upon promotion. Really nice.

What are Fiora's stats, BTW?

EDIT: As for CoD, I think you'll be fine if your units have good RES. Thankfully Heath is RES blessed, so I think maybe a pure water will do him good? IDK.

Edited by Invader ZM

Hector doesn't need any speed boosts to double Kaim, so I have 2 Speedwings with which I could do whatever I want. Athos probably doesn't care about it as it doesn't change his performance in Final much. With Body Ring + Speedwings, he can double the dragon, but I think with Hector, Eliwood and Nils, I should be able to one-turn without much trouble. Hawkeye has 11 AS and I'm wondering if he's suitable for CoD, Marcus has 13 AS and could use some extra, and there's also Vaida joining with 14 AS shortly.

Speedwings on an already fast character is an option, and I could use one to cap Heath's speed immediately. I doubt it's a good idea though because the weighed down mages in CoD are slow enough, and the 19-20 AS Thunder Valks cannot be doubled with a Javelin.

5p0e0x.jpg

Fiora is pretty bad; the best she can do is ferry people and crit things with the Killer Lance (OHKOing any promoted mage on the map fwiw). I do need somebody to get the Warp village (probably not of much use in CoD) and also go shopping though (running low on Javelins, and map 31 is a good chance to cap the stats of everyone who matters I bet).

Resistance to valks isn't a huge issue as they have 14-15 mag, so Heath shouldn't be afraid of them, but units like Sain and Lowen (5 and 6 res respectively) don't want to face them at all and are endangered even with a Barrier boost. Sain's doubling everything on the map though, and can 4x-attack Linus with the Brave Lance (probably best on any other mounted unit who's not doubling the Valks).

I guess one Restore staff isn't too bad once I understand who will be targeted with Silence, or trade it around between Priscilla and Pent.

The rout is hard to perform efficiently because of the fact nearly everything has siege/recovery staves/status which they'd rather use over 1-2 range weapons and also because I still need to fully understand how I want to exploit the reinforcement trigger zones. I guess getting Sain's HP down (he has 65 avo with 6 tactician stars) and having him avoi-tank while one-rounding everything (that he doesn't whiff) with Javelin is something that I could end up doing, but the female Druids have 121-123 hit with Luna so Sain is easy to kill.

At least Hector can kick back and handle the eastern enemies with Vaida.