Do We Want More DLC?

164 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy Series 3 of DLC if it existed?

• Yes, all of it!
    • Whichever packs/maps look interesting/useful.
    • Probably not, but I'd have to see what it's like.
    • No way, we're getting enough extra paid content.

I'd like more DLC along the lines of The Strongest Ones Name, but with different goals like defend the throne for 20 turns or even a new game mode like my dream of capture the flag in which you must go touch a point (visit a village) on the enemy's side of the map and then return to your point alive before the enemy can. Something challenging and fun like that.

Edited by #based

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like more DLC along the lines of The Strongest Ones Name, but with different goals like defend the throne for 20 turns or even a new game mode like my dream of capture the flag in which you must go touch a point (visit a village) on the enemy's side of the map and then return to your point alive before the enemy can. Something challenging and fun like that.

fire emblem CTF would certainly be very.....interesting

rescue staves and dancing all day, bring back a flag in one turn

Edited by shadykid

I would buy more DLC if the developers released a new set of Legacy characters for Shadow Dragon & New Mystery of the Emblem - seeing as they're arguably the most important games to Awakening, as they are based on the same continent. Most of the current characters are pathetic choices, as they aren't storyline important at all.

Having scenarios with legitimate legacy characters from their continent, and Gaiden's, would be a pull for me. How about reliving Midia's fight for her life, and actually be able to use her properly as a unit because of Awakening's system? I wouldn't even mind the silly avatar model if they actually included some good characters from those games - Really disappointed in New Mystery's selection.

So I know most of the forumgoers here are likely to be slightly more hardcore FE fans than many of the people who bought the game, but if these limited poll results so far held for the majority of those who bought the game, another round of DLC could bring in upwards of $4 million in North America alone--and we haven't even gotten to see how Europe responds.

Even if I'm really terrible at math and that number is way off, I'm hoping they'll take notice of the demand too :D

Content-wise, gee, we might have to have a fourth round to fit in a lot of what's been mentioned! XD

Or, I wonder if they were to release sets in groups of greater than 3? Like, maybe for a longer story arc there could be 6 Xenologues with 2-3 unique maps?

And of course I'm all with those saying more effort should be put into those details of the DLC, but.... Well, I'm really not sure what purpose I had in mind when making this post, so I'll go ahead and send and forget it now xP

I don't necessarily think Nihil should come back, as it was basically THE counter to skills in FE10 and practically required, but Parity as a DLC skill would be interesting. Made as an option before you attack like its FE10 incarnation, It would make the skill player phase only, for one, and it would nullify all the bonuses of both players. In Normal/Hard mode this wouldn't be all that helpful since you'd lose your supports but it would be an interesting way to up your effectiveness in Lunatic/Lunatic+. However, if the Parity map were harder than the Lunatic maps already, its advantages would be pretty moot...

More for-fun maps wouldn't be so bad. I kind of wish they'd do some American/Europe fanservice polls and perhaps do some sort of Europe-fashion-show DLC of the next popular characters after the ones that have already been done? I have no idea how they'd do a fanservice map for NA though. My initial thought was a carnival but the first Bonds map is kind of already that. Fire Emblem sports?

I certainly wouldn't object to a swimsuit scene with Ricken, Henry, or Donnel...or all three.../shotacon

Indeed, they can't make fanservice for everyone, that would be too much work I reckon. >> They won't even give DLC characters unique colors at the very least, why would they bother with anything else.

I'd be really surprised if they actually took a poll like they did for the Japanese Summer/Spa of Bonds DLC for character CGs and have a different set for North America depending on character popularity.

Pleasantly surprised... but I'd be REALLY surprised nonetheless.

Because I'm a skeptic.

As in they bother to make new content other than "necessary for localization" content.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I don't necessarily think Nihil should come back, as it was basically THE counter to skills in FE10 and practically required, but Parity as a DLC skill would be interesting. Made as an option before you attack like its FE10 incarnation, It would make the skill player phase only, for one, and it would nullify all the bonuses of both players. In Normal/Hard mode this wouldn't be all that helpful since you'd lose your supports but it would be an interesting way to up your effectiveness in Lunatic/Lunatic+. However, if the Parity map were harder than the Lunatic maps already, its advantages would be pretty moot...

More for-fun maps wouldn't be so bad. I kind of wish they'd do some American/Europe fanservice polls and perhaps do some sort of Europe-fashion-show DLC of the next popular characters after the ones that have already been done? I have no idea how they'd do a fanservice map for NA though. My initial thought was a carnival but the first Bonds map is kind of already that. Fire Emblem sports?

Nihil is dumb and counteracts the entire point of the skills system. It also completely would remove the entire point of a difficulty and a Map.

Alright, a less brutal version: Nihil: Negates enemy attack activation skills (Ignis, Sol, Luna, Astra, Vengeance, Lethality, Aether).; Dragonskin: Negates Nihil, Counter, Lethality, More than Halves Damage.; Hawkeye: Attacks cannot miss. Negates Nihil. Luna+: Attacks ignore 50% of the enemy's DEF. Negates Nihil.

That way it's got some use, but isn't totally overpowered, and is nearly useless on Lunatic+ and TSON (which are both based in the idea of "Enemies with kick ass skills") so as not to ruin them entirely, and it doesn't do anything to Shields, Counter, or Grima.

Parity wouldn't be too bad, provided it: Removes all forms of support on top of skills. (Obviously the base %s go away, and Dual Strike and Support Block are thrown out the window. But the Bonuses of a Pair Up? They've got to go. Rallies? You use Parity (Which'd be an Command, like in FE10) your rally buffs go away.)... And it'd be completely ineffective vs. Dragonskin's Damage Halving Effect (As Dragonskin is the Mantle of this game.)... in short it wouldn't be worth a skill slot in most cases, unless you want to commit suicide.

Having scenarios with legitimate legacy characters from their continent, and Gaiden's, would be a pull for me. How about reliving Midia's fight for her life

If you're gonna do specific scenarios from any FE, the Battle of Belhalla would be pretty cool.

Actually, that'd be a pretty solid set, honestly, "Historical Battles Pack".

It'd be a series of 5-star or hell even Max difficulty maps that put you in special scenarios.

Edited by Airship Canon

I'd be most interested in more classes. I really want a female version of dread fighter (new name and feminine outfit)

Maybe it would be cool to bring back the summoner class that specializes in skills involving the risen (for every risen killed stats increase, maybe add dark blessing as a skill for them)

More characters is never a bad thing.

I'd want stuff like more classes (halberdier, male equivalent to bride, female equivalent to dread fighter, base class for griffon lord, Bishops). more weapons (wyrmslayer/hammer/beastkiller variants for all weapons including magic, non-magic ranged swords, more legacy weapons like Caeda's Wing spear, Ike's Regal Sword, etc.) more supports would be nice, as well as some way to get gender exclusive skills/classes because i know IS want's so badly to have male pegasus knights.

and then stuff that would probably required overhaul/director's cut things like Chrom's other child having access to a 'generic' lord class tree (prince/high prince, princess/high princess), supports affecting each other (Inigo being less flirty after an S-support, Kjelle/Cynthia/Brady/Inigo/Morgan being able to use the Falchion after supporting Lucina), Lucina being able to use the Exalted Falchion, Tiki Anna, Flavia, and Say'ri, Basillio and maybe the spotpass charcaters getting more supports as well as children, some of the male characters getting children, expanded classes for 1st gen units, more customization options for Avatar.

But, like i said, that would probably be in some super director's cut type thing.

Whatever looks interesting or challenging I'll take. If it has rewards like DLC Characters I really want or DLC Classes and Skills I'll definitely get them.

looking at skills from previous games...

Nihl would only negate the chance of activation skills so skills that always activate x condition would still go right through...(would block luna but not Luna+ ect)

Parity could necate all modifiers like befor so would bypass lunatic skills however you must pay the price as well(negates stat bonuses and suports ect)...

I'd like to see Nulify return int he futhere but not awakening...

Fortune-I see no problem w/ this skill...

Steal-would be awsome but op then agin DLC breaks game open anyway...

Disarm-I like this skill but I don't think it would work in awakening...

Corrosion-Same w/ Disarm...

Adept would fit in well (1/2 skill%) activation?

Resolve- would be nice... (imagine it incombo w/ vantage vengence and Wrath?!)

more murdurous DLC? prehaps we could see enemies w/ skills like Sol+, Aether+, Ignis+, Astra+, Lethality+.... Enemy Manaketes?

This probably will not happen though...

Lets hope FE 14 is awsome :D

Nooo please! We've a lot of DLC! We don't need more! My wallet is dying! D:

Also, it's a bit late to start making a 3rd Series of DLC...

Not really... :-_-:

Any DLC on any game is never late unless they had specific launch dates and was pass due.

do you have a death wish or something

"Brian the Outrealm Berserker+"

HP: 99; STR: 80; MAG: 55; SKL: 70; SPD: 70; LCK: 65; DEF: 55; RES: 55 Mov: 8 (because lol he got a Boots)

Lethality+, Hawkeye, Vantage+, Aegis+, Dragonskin; Tomahawk++.

BRING IT ON.

(Me? I'll be using a Sniper with a Double Bow, Aggressor, Bowfaire, Limit Break, Luna, and soemthing else. Hell, I might even use Chrom, so I can have Dual Attack+, and hide a Vaike!Gerome back there with a Brave Axe. Then I'll rescue staff away.)

"Brian the Outrealm Berserker+"

HP: 99; STR: 80; MAG: 55; SKL: 70; SPD: 70; LCK: 65; DEF: 55; RES: 55 Mov: 8 (because lol he got a Boots)

Lethality+, Hawkeye, Vantage+, Aegis+, Dragonskin; Tomahawk++.

BRING IT ON.

(Me? I'll be using a Sniper with a Double Bow, Aggressor, Bowfaire, Limit Break, Luna, and soemthing else. Hell, I might even use Chrom, so I can have Dual Attack+, and hide a Vaike!Gerome back there with a Brave Axe. Then I'll rescue staff away.)

I think that might , just might be to many skills. Maybe.

I'd be really surprised if they actually took a poll like they did for the Japanese Summer/Spa of Bonds DLC for character CGs and have a different set for North America depending on character popularity.

Pleasantly surprised... but I'd be REALLY surprised nonetheless.

Because I'm a skeptic.

As in they bother to make new content other than "necessary for localization" content.

That means we'd get a walhart swimsuit picture......... O' lord......

If we do get more DLC, I hope they actually make new characters worth getting. D8; I freakin' agonized and pushed my brain to strategical extremes to finish Death's Embrace in 10 turns, and freakin' Est doesn't even get recruitment dialogue for all the trouble I went through? Eh, fuck getting her sisters if that's what my reward is. "OTL If we see more DLC characters, at least let them have interesting dialogues before they go completely mute for the rest of their lives. :/ They didn't need to make DLC characters more of a waste of money than they are right now.

Yes i'd buy more but I just cant see it happening.

Im not fussed about the new characters - i never use them anyway but the new maps and new challenges are interesting to me.

Edited by Merric