Anyone ever encounter a shiny Pokemon?

Knight

Except Red Gyarados of course, and without the aid of a cheating device. I only have ever once encountered a legit shiny, it was after getting lost for hours in Meteor Falls on ye old Emerald, and I encountered a green Golbat. I am now so sad that I deleted that file.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, several. Shiny Aron and shiny Nincada in Emerald, though I only caught the former. The latter was the first shiny I ever saw, so I didn't know how valuable they were back then, lol. Then there's shiny Rattata in FireRed, shiny Kricketune in Platinum, shiny Zubat in HeartGold, and shiny Tentacool in SoulSilver. I caught all of those except that last one. I was out of Pokeballs when I ran into the Tentacool. >.>

Lastly, shiny Vullaby in Black. I caught that one as well. Haven't encountered a shiny since, though I haven't played any Pokemon in awhile.

I saw a shiny tangela that I accidentally killed :( I will forever wish to have one.

I ran into a shiny Starly on a Nuzlocke run, so I decided to screw the rules and catch it (I ended up deleting the file anyway, after trading the shiny to a different game)

I managed to get a shiny Tentacool :D

I caught a Shiny Starly in Platinum, and a friend of mine gave me a Shiny Squirtle...though I have no knowledge of whether or not the latter was hacked or not. It seems legit, though.

But that's the extent of all the Shinies I've legitimately acquired.

I've come across two shiny pokemon.

One was KO'd, and the other one was traded for something that was actually useful.

So brave. No one said they were useful. Hell, they're trophies more than anything... and trophies are not very useful.

I have found a shiny Ponyta in HeartGold, and a shiny Ferroseed in Black! :) I was sooooo happy to have finally found one! xD

Edited by DancingDanny

Shiny Tentacool in Crystal

Shiny Zubat in Ruby

Shiny Haunter and a Shiny Spearow in Leaf Green

All were caught, but I don't have them anymore. Obvious for the Tentacool, and the Zubat, Haunter and Spearow(which I evolved to a Fearow) are gone because I caught them waaay before Gen IV was announced. As in I never sent them to another gen III game when I started a new advrnture. Luuuuuuul

Edited by Leafeon

3rd Gen: FireRed.

I encountered a Shiny Rattata outside Pallet Town... before you even had Pokeballs.

And when I didn't know what a shiny Pokemon was. I laughed so hard after I found out the odds of finding one.