Anyone ever encounter a shiny Pokemon?

Knight

I still have yet to even SEE a shiny in gen 6. :(

Are you guys SURE that the shiny encounter rate increased?

I'm still going to transfer my brave shiny Aggron from Emerald though. This guy's gonna kick some ass as a mega. :D

The original wild encounter rate was around 1/8000. It's now around 1/2000, so it's still a rare occurrence, albeit being 4 times more likely than before. I still haven't one either though. :/

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original wild encounter rate was around 1/8000. It's now around 1/2000, so it's still a rare occurrence, albeit being 4 times more likely than before. I still haven't one either though. :/

Serebii.net lists it as 1/4096, and in BW2 the shiny charm increased the chance in 300% (making it 1/1365). So once you're able to complete the national dex the shinies will be rather common (around 1/730).

Totally gonna complete the national dex on X Version and get that shiny charm; then I'm going on a shiny hunt through Kalos, or better yet, the Friend Safaris since the shiny rate should be unbelievably high there with the charm...

Edited by Silver Lightning

Until X and Y I have never caught a shiny Pokemon. I have caught 3 shiny pokemon now as of Gen 6 :D

Shiny Emolga

My first shiny which I encountered really late at night while messing around on Route 10. My eyes bugged out when I ran into it and I knew I had to catch it. Threw a Dusk ball and it was mine XD

Shiny Bergmite

Funny story was that I was looking for a Bergmite in the Frost Cavern during the campaign since I saw a friend of mine use Avalugg in a Wi-Fi battle and I thought it looked so cool. I was having the hardest time finding one and when I finally ran into one it was a shiny :D Quick ball, yoink. She is one of my physical walls and I named her Big Chill :D

Shiny Smeargle

For the longest time I've always wanted to raise a Smeargle although I never got the opportunity. However, on the 4th of this month I finally decided to look for one. I was looking everywhere for someone who had a friend safari with a Smeargle so I could get one with good IV's. After a day of searching, on the 5th I ran into a guy who was nice enough to add me. I did my usual rounds, using Quick balls to catch any Smeargle I found to check what it had, resetting if I caught too many to not congest my boxes. Suddenly, on the last of my runs I found a Shiny Smeargle :D. He had the right ability (Own Tempo), right nature (Jolly) and had perfect IV's in HP and Special Defense. I was SO happy. I named him Bones, after my favorite villager of all time in Animal Crossing of the same name :)

• 1 month later...

a few weeks back i was breeding some Cyndaquils for living dex purposes and/or hocking on wonder trade, and out of nowhere i hatched a shiny one. i don't remember if Masuda was in effect here (probably was)

at the moment i'm really bored and i've got the shiny charm, so i figured i may as well breed for shiny Piplups. no luck so far of course

• 5 months later...

Lately I've been encountering a lot more than usual.

The past month I've hatched a Shiny Tyrogue and encountered a shiny Riolu and Fletchinder in the Safaris.

The Tyrogue is boss and I'm using it but the Riolu and Fletchinder are fine.

Before getting all jealous about AW YOU'RE SO LUCKEH I have Shiny Charm and I have NEVER encountered a shiny prior to XY (I DID get a Shiny Rayquaza but that was two months of save resetting).

I have four.

A shiny Magby from the odd egg in Crystal (and female, no less), a shiny Farfetch'd from SoulSilver, a shiny Gastly from FireRed, and a shiny Pidgey from LeafGreen. Though I've tried to shiny hunt, all four were completely by chance.

I'm not sure I even knew shinies existed until I heard about them on, like tumblr or something a couple years ago. I assumed Red Gyarados was just a totally unique specimen

I remember catching a shiny Drowzee in Pokemon Leaf Green.

Then my little brother deleted my game.

Haven't seen a legit shiny since.

Lately, I MM'd two shiny Starly, a shiny Froakie, and a shiny Swablu.

Oh and I have the shiny charm now.

Shout outs to the shiny Psyduck that ran away in the safari zone in emerald that made me ragequit the game for two years.

Edited by Comet

I'm actually pretty lucky with shinies. Two that I can recall off the top of my head are a Lumineon that I found in Diamond, and the best one: A shiny Sandile I found in Black on release date.

First day I picked up Pokemon Black I found a Shiny Pidove. Used it on my team since then.

I found a Shiny Numel on one of my many playthroughs of Pokemon Sapphire. Almost five years later, I get another Shiny Numel through WonderTrading in Pokemon X.

My older sister also had luck with shinys. She caught a Shiny Budew in the Safari Zone and soft-resetted the game nearly 50 times to get a Shiny Heatran (with the Shiny Charm in hand). I never got a legit shiny with the Shiny Charm.

I caught a shiny Basculin, Tarous, Nosepass,and Poliwhirl on X. Those are only shiny Pokémon I've caught.

But I did find a Shiny Rattata on LG. Before I had the ability to by Poke balls..

On Y,I have about nine/ten shinies(I forget how many).My first was a random shiny Wingull(Peliper now) I found on Route 12 while OPing my Charmeleon to evolve before the third gym,three days after Christmas.Then I horded a shiny Mareep on that same route.Shiny mega Ampharos is so beautiful.My favourite one is my shiny Dragonite I got after fishing up a chain of Basculin(happens to me every time.I chain one thing,then end up fishing up the shiny I want after no other Pokemon like that came up).It took about a day to evolve it twice.

On White,I randomly found a shiny Reuniclus while training my Lampet.My Victini killed it,thus starting my hatred towards using Victini.Then,two years later,two days before Christmas,I found another one(same gender,same level)while training my Conkeldurr.I caught it this time,wasting about five Quick Balls.

On Platinum,I caught a shiny Magikarp in the resort area after killing 51 others.Took about 11/2 hours to find.Then,on another file,while looking for a Houndour that won't Roar me away,I found a shiny Houndour.Thankfully it didn't Roar,so I caught it.

On Leafgreen,I found a shiny Rattata as my first encounter.Stupid game tutorials...

Edited by Shinehollow

Just found a shiny Floatzel at random in Victory Road while hoard training. That makes five found in Y.

Shiny Poliwhirl (now a Politoed)

Shiny red Basculin

Shiny Gogoat

Shiny Bibarel

Shiny Floatzel

I found the first two in one day, and the next two in another day.

As for shinies in other games, I found a shiny Plusle in Sapphire a few years ago, and a shiny Mudkip in an Emerald randomizer recently.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had the fortune of finding 3 shinies in my X version without even looking for them.

Shiny weedle (now a beedril.)
Shiny Sawk

Shiny Nidorino

My favorite from the bunch is the Shiny Nidorino. Fun fact about that Nidorino is that it was found and caught on my Birthday. Talk about an excellent birthday gift to get from my game.

I've had other shinies caught from past games but most of them I have traded off for event pokemon. The one shiny I will always regret trading away is a Shiny Flygon. I found that bad boy as a Trapinch way back in Sapphire Version. I loved the guy but I took it to the Pokemon 10th Aniversary and found a guy who had event pokemon. I traded my Flygon for a Shiny Mystry Mew. I got a good deal but thinking back on it I still miss that Flygon and wish I could get it back.