Anyone ever encounter a shiny Pokemon?

Knight

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, as long as they are encountered without aid of cheating or manipulation.

Okay!

qm5DgEa.png

[The normal coloration is green.]

I randomly came across a shiny Ganymede in Pokemon Vega, one of those Japanese ROM hacks out there, as one of my failed attempts at catching it. It ended up KO'ing itself with Struggle and I didn't have the Master Ball at this point so I had to soft-reset. The worst part was that Ganymede is a legendary, so it was a shame such a rare sight couldn't be kept.

Well, earlier I was looking for other people's Secret Bases and ran into a shiny Whismur~ I ended up giving her to my sister though, since Whismur is one of her favorites and she had one in Emerld a while back too~

And I decided to dick around with Wondertrade for the first time on OR and got a shiny Scizor on the first go :O

Well, earlier I was looking for other people's Secret Bases and ran into a shiny Whismur~ I ended up giving her to my sister though, since Whismur is one of her favorites and she had one in Emerld a while back too~

And I decided to dick around with Wondertrade for the first time on OR and got a shiny Scizor on the first go :O

Man, I know that people tend to dump like 4 IV extras on WT and you an score those but that's the first time I've heard of that.

Oh, you should look for mine! I have an account on the Pokemon Global Link, so I believe you can get the QR code there for it. You have to be registered as well though, as I set my profile to only be seen by registered members.

And damn, a shiny Scizor on the first go at Wonder Trade? That's some luck. o.O

Last shiny I got was my Lickilicky in X. It appeared in Victory Road as a Lickitung when I was leveling up some Pokemon. I named it Banana because of the yellow color. lol It has a good nature too, actually. But I'm really not a fan of Lickilicky...

I've met many a shiny, and it seems it was God's cruel will that I've met the majority of them at a point where I hadn't received a Poek Ball. (Poochyena, Wurmple, Pidgey, Rattata)

I've even once met a shiny Rhyhorn in the Safari Zone in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Of course, it fled after being pelted with Safari Balls.

HHHHRRNNNGGG.

Oh, you should look for mine! I have an account on the Pokemon Global Link, so I believe you can get the QR code there for it. You have to be registered as well though, as I set my profile to only be seen by registered members.

And damn, a shiny Scizor on the first go at Wonder Trade? That's some luck. o.O

Last shiny I got was my Lickilicky in X. It appeared in Victory Road as a Lickitung when I was leveling up some Pokemon. I named it Banana because of the yellow color. lol It has a good nature too, actually. But I'm really not a fan of Lickilicky...

I've not bothered looking for QR codes over the Global Link, I've just been getting random bases through Streetpass~ I might go for them later once I beat the game though~

Yeah it is, I was really surprised too. I never even got that lucky in X and I went on dozens of Wonder Trade sprees there

Man, I know that people tend to dump like 4 IV extras on WT and you an score those but that's the first time I've heard of that.

I've heard of a few people getting shinys through WT, actually. I know Cam got a shiny Oshawott and someone else got a shiny Volbeat that they accidentally traded off

Though this Scizor was actually pretty good. Dunno about the IVs but it was Adamant with Technician, so I have to wonder why someone would trade it off

Edited by Kon

I've not bothered looking for QR codes over the Global Link, I've just been getting random bases through Streetpass~ I might go for them later once I beat the game though~

Yeah it is, I was really surprised too. I never even got that lucky in X and I went on dozens of Wonder Trade sprees there

I've heard of a few people getting shinys through WT, actually. I know Cam got a shiny Oshawott and someone else got a shiny Volbeat that they accidentally traded off

Though this Scizor was actually pretty good. Dunno about the IVs but it was Adamant with Technician, so I have to wonder why someone would trade it off

Damn... maybe someone just decided to make someone's day, or something.

Yeah I've scored a Shiny Zoroark (likely genned, it was lv 100 with perf ivs across board) and Shiny Giratina (most likely legit, lv 47 corresponds to Platinum join lv and seemlingly random IVs) off WT a while back. 'twas great.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I've sent off a shiny Gyarados for just that reason, and know other people who have done the same with shinies they've stumbled across. It isn't too uncommon.

I got a shiny Zigzagoon in Ruby/Sapphire when I was younger.

I got a shiny Ninetales from the Masuda method after exactly 30 eggs in B2/W2.

I also got a shiny Golurk in Dragonspiral Tower, but it was traded to X/Y weeks before I sold said game. R.I.P shiny Golurk, 2013-2014.

I've luckily never failed to catch a shiny.

I'm planning to do that when I get another Relicanth/Poliwhirl/Whismur from hording/chain fishing.

I wish someone would make my day with a shiny Eevee,though.

I've even once met a shiny Rhyhorn in the Safari Zone in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Of course, it fled after being pelted with Safari Balls.

HHHHRRNNNGGG.

The one reason I will never hunt in Safari Zones.I may try in OR when I get it,though.

Give it Explosion.STAB + Attack boosting Nature + good Attack = DEATH.

I wanted to get a shiny squirtle for my squirtle-blastoise solo run, but I got impatient and used Gameshark :D: . Shiny squirtle looks cool, but Wartortle and Blastoise don't. Also, it had a really weird name for some reason.

Today, I tried to search for Plusle in Omega Ruby, which is rather difficult since it can only be found in Horde Encounters in that game. However, the problem can be remedied by using Honey deliberately start a Horde battle. So, on Route 110, I kept spamming the Honey item hoping to encounter a horde with Plusle in it. In one of the attempts, I got a horde that has only Minun, but one of them is Shiny! (I did soon find a Plusle in a later horde encounter.)

Other Shiny Pokemon I have encountered are:

-Gyarados in SoulSilver

-Dwebble and Shelmet in White

Give it Explosion.STAB + Attack boosting Nature + good Attack = DEATH.

I don't know if it has an attack-boosting nature. And I don't like Self-Destruct and Explosion. They automatically KO the user...

I don't know if it has an attack-boosting nature. And I don't like Self-Destruct and Explosion. They automatically KO the user...

Well,I know for a fact that Adamant and Brave are attack boosting natures.And you could use it as a last-ditch effort with something like a choice band or whatever the one is that raises attack power.

Well,I know for a fact that Adamant and Brave are attack boosting natures.And you could use it as a last-ditch effort with something like a choice band or whatever the one is that raises attack power.

Adamant, Brave, Lonely and Naughty are all Attack-boosting natures. And Selfdestruct and Explosion aren't as good as they used to be since before Gen. 5, the target's Defense gets cut in half during damage calculations, making Selfdestruct and Explosion have effective base powers of 400 and 500 respectively. Certainly not the case in Gen. 5 to the present.

And yes, the Choice Band is used to raise the holder's Attack stat by 1 stage but restricts the holder to using only 1 move.

Edited by Roflolxp54

So, storytime

I had a bunch of extra BP on my X file that don't really get used since I have everything I want there anyway, so I decided to buy some battle items and trade them to my AS file through the GTS method. I put up some breeding reject honedges (did not specify their IVs in comment) with the battle items and asked for a Cresselia hoping to deter other people from taking my stuff since it was a legendary.Turns out someone REALLY wanted a Choice Specs and didn't want to bother getting the 48 BP needed for it, and actually traded a Cresselia for it. Which, well, I can get back the bp needed for another CS no problem, but now I have an extra Cresselia on my hands. Out of the nonevent legendaries I was missing Moltres and Articuno at the time, so I decided to put the extra Cresselia up on the GTS for an Articuno.

The Articuno I got back was shiny.

Which I couldn't even tell until I checked its stat screen later