Anyone ever encounter a shiny Pokemon?

Knight

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a Shiny Lanturn in Omega Ruby without using chaining or anything. I've also caught a shiny Mawile in a friend safari (Thanks Integ!) in Y, and a shiny Klefki off Wonder Trade.

• 3 weeks later...

I've caught these:

Gen 2: Hoothoot, Gyarados

Gen 3: Tentacool, Rayquaza (soft reset for days to get this one)

Gen 4: Gastly, Ponyta

Gen 5: Tropius, Piloswine, Golett, Petilil

Gen 6: Riolu (Hatched from an egg)

I get a lot of shinies on the GTS. This week I've gotten a Charmeleon, Cherubi, Kyorge, and Groudon.

The first Shiny I ever saw was a Zigzagoon, but it was when I was fairly young so I didn't pay it much mind. My second Shiny was a Shiny Mudkip that I hatched, and the current final Shiny I've was a Shiny Zubat in my most recent run of Soul Silver. (With a Jolly nature and good IVs to boot!) So I had a Shiny Crobat that I used.

I remember them being all the rage when the GTS was first implemented. Not sure what things are like now, though.

They're still up there.Doesn't help my dex in any case when someone wants only a shiny or level 1-5 legendary in return.

They're still up there.Doesn't help my dex in any case when someone wants only a shiny or level 1-5 legendary in return.

if you have an event arceus in HG/SS like me, you can farm level 1 dialgas, palkias, and giratinas to prank the pranksters

Edited by Comet

if you have an event arceus in HG/SS like me, you can farm level 1 dialgas, palkias, and giratinas to prank the pranksters

People are smart enough to know what can and what can't be found at Lv. 1. I remember after Dream Radar came out there were no requests for Lv. 9 and under Tornadus, Landorus, Ho-oh, etc.

Wow,you can farm them?Sh*t,why'd I delete the file with the Arceus?Take their shinies,I like that.

People are smart enough to know what can and what can't be found at Lv. 1. I remember after Dream Radar came out there were no requests for Lv. 9 and under Tornadus, Landorus, Ho-oh, etc.

You get them at level 20 or something.

Edited by ShadowShine

You get them at level 20 or something.

no, the level you get them at varies. if you have no badges, they will start at level 5 (thank you bulbapedia).

Edited by Comet

I have only found a few shinies on my own

The first time i didnt know what a shiny pokemon was so i thought my game had a small glitch when i saw a wierd looking pidgey so i took it to my brother who promptly freaked out and yelled at me to catch it XD.

The 2nd time was while i was grinding audinos in pokemon white and found one. I caught it and used it on my team

The 3rd time was in X where i found i shiny roggenrola in a horde battle. Same as the audino i caught it and raised it.

I've found a shiny magnemite and pidgey in FireRed years ago. though the Shiny pidgey was before i had pokeballs :(((

Shiny Rattata in White 2, but the rival killed it.

In XY Shiny Froakie and Fenneken though masuda method.

And finally in ORAS Shiny Reshiram :]

• 3 weeks later...

I found a shiny Lotad, shiny Tentacool, and shiny Pelipper in three different files in my original Sapphire game. I erased all three files though...

Recently I've found a shiny Plusle in AS and, using the Masuda method, I also found a shiny Feebas, though I accidentally fainted the first shiny Feebas so I spent forever trying to get the second one.

I find it strange that I've only ever found a shiny in Sapphire and Alpha Sapphire...

Edited by Sethera