Unpopular Characters You Like/Popular Characters You Dislike

Z3R0

What are some unpopular/hated characters you like, or some popular/loves characters you dislike? Mainly, Maribelle, for the first one. I don't really understand why she's so hated. She gets unfairly pegged as the spoiled noblewoman, since she comes off as one when first introduced. Like with many characters, you need her supports to bring out her full character, and in her supports, she's actually really nice, and actually quite funny. Some people don't bother to look deeper. She's also really nice and loyal to her friends. As for the second, Tharja. I guess I can understand why people like her, but I just find her weird and kind of gross.

Edited by Z3R0

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Noire, I don't see her ever brought up in anything. The popularity polls tell me that everyone else I like is also loved by thousands of others :s

I really don't like Lucina though. I think it would've been better if she was actually Marth for shits and giggles.

Edited by PKLucas531

I like Brady, because he's the best. Say'ri is pretty great too. Aversa is also a baller

I don't like Chrom, because he's the worst. Okay he has some good moments but I still think he is awful

Edited by AthenaWyrm

Brady, because he's the best.

This and just this.

Also, I think Stahl's a pretty cool bro, as well. And yeah, Maribelle is a good character, too. As for popular characters I'm not a fan of, I don't really care for Chrom. Or Owain.

Just who are the mainly popular characters? I know people don't like Severa, but I always thought she was somewhat popular. Either way, I really like her.

Edited by ZMesu

I like Cordelia and Sumia and don't get why they're so hated, but then again I tend to like Pegasus Knights in every game... For the record I also really like Maribelle but I didn't know she wasn't generally liked!

Hmm, popular characters I dislike... Well, Miriel seems to be regarded as one of the better offensive magic users, and while I don't hate her and use her in the beginning there just comes a point where her personality gets to be too much for me. Plus after Lissa and Maribelle promote I like using them as my main magic users along with Tharja and Henry. I don't really like Frederick for similar reasons, namely his personality is meh and I prefer Sully/Stahl for horses.

Edit: This is totally based on my impressions from forums... As far as the poll, I don't like Walhart and I like a LOT of the characters that scored low (like Maribelle, Flavia, Basilio, etc... Though I honestly suspect they aren't actually disliked, they just don't make as strong an impression on most players as Lucina/Henry/Tharja and so aren't considered "THE favourite" by many... Anyway I'm rambling now...)

Edited by Owain Dark

There's no one I actually dislike in this games cast, but I really like Gregor, who seems to be kind of unpopular.

I like Cordelia and Sumia and don't get why they're so hated

By who?

I do like Maribelle. Her character type in general seems to be a usually-disliked one. Hm...I don't think anyone else gets a noticeably different reaction that my feelings for them. I mean, I dislike Severa, but as far as I can tell she's not exactly popular.

I like Basilio because his trolling is top notch and he's a total bro. Same with Gregor.

I also like Stahl because he doesn't really have a dumb gimmick like the other characters. He's just a good person and a bro, kind of like Oscar. He also looks like Rody who's one of my favorite cavs so that's another plus.

Fuck Inigo and Owain though. They're both massive tools and Owain also represents everything a lot of what bugs me about this game.

Edited by Tyrant Sage

By who?

I do like Maribelle. Her character type in general seems to be a usually-disliked one. Hm...I don't think anyone else gets a noticeably different reaction that my feelings for them. I mean, I dislike Severa, but as far as I can tell she's not exactly popular.

From my understanding people dislike Cordelia for her perfect personality and her obessesion for Chrom. Sumia? I guest people don't like ditzy characters.

By who?

I dunno, I've seen a lot of people post saying they hate Cordelia's character archetype and Sumia as a unit, character, and potential wife for Chrom. But Cordelia did score in the top 10 in that poll, so who really knows...

I think that this is the first FE where I legitimately like everyone. So there's not really nuch to say for me.

Except for the fact that Donnel and Sumia happen to be my least favorites. Donnel because of bases. And Sumia because not only is her pairing with Chrom forced in this game, but her supports with him stank, pairing her with Chrom just makes some details about Cynthia seem a little more weirder than they should.

Edited by Little Al

I really want to post in this thread, but I'm not sure which characters are popular and which aren't. lol

Pretty much?

But in general, it does seem there's a lot of dislike/hate going for Cordelia and Sumia. I sorta can see for Sumia, if only for my own personal reasons (lol) but I don't dislike her either. I do like Cordelia myself, but apparently Cordelia scored top 10 on something?

I'm neutral to Maribelle. Though I think she's kinda weird and uh.. not really my type but I'm still neutral to her. I also don't really understand her in terms of how she acts and her own beliefs (contradictory to me, but that might just be me).

And Walhart? Nah, I don't see how he can be popular to so many people... on whatever polls? Nintendo fb page's? I personally found him to look pretty weird and freaky. Like a monster (not in a bad way).

Pretty much?

But in general, it does seem there's a lot of dislike/hate going for Cordelia and Sumia. I sorta can see for Sumia, if only for my own personal reasons (lol) but I don't dislike her either. I do like Cordelia myself, but apparently Cordelia scored top 10 on something?

I'm neutral to Maribelle. Though I think she's kinda weird and uh.. not really my type but I'm still neutral to her. I also don't really understand her in terms of how she acts and her own beliefs (contradictory to me, but that might just be me).

And Walhart? Nah, I don't see how he can be popular to so many people... on whatever polls? Nintendo fb page's? I personally found him to look pretty weird and freaky. Like a monster (not in a bad way).

Isn't it obvious? Walhart conquered the poll by force. The conqueror always get what he wants.

I really like Nah. I suppose she's not really unpopular, but it seems like she's forgotten a lot of the time because she's basically just Manakete #3. With this game it seems hard to keep track of characters' popularity because a lot of the more disliked characters (Severa, Tharja, Vaike) also seem to have an equal number of people who love them to death. Maybe that's just my experience, though.

Isn't it obvious? Walhart conquered the poll by force. The conqueror always get what he wants.

Oh right. Well... I'll end his conquest.

I don't really dislike any characters. Though I guess I found Ricken to be rather annoying so I never really used him. Miriel also seemed kinda meh-ish to me in the beginning, also why I didn't use her either. (I was also using my avatar as a mage sorta thing so by the time I got Miriel, my avatar was dominating the field.) So I guess those two are the only ones I can say I dislike... no idea how they fared in the popularity poll(s).

Edited by Cordelia

I don't what people think about Vaike, but personally, I am not a big fan of him. He just seems to me like one of those guys that if he existed in real life, he would be one of those 'swag' people. I'm not the biggest fan of Sully or Kjelle either. Severa is certainly not on the like list either, but she doesn't seem that well liked anyway. Cynthia kinda bugs me also. I'm not sure which people are / aren't that well, so I don't know if most of these apply. Everyone else I generally like.

Miriel also seemed kinda meh-ish to me in the beginning, also why I didn't use him either.

Eh, what?

Edited by Konnor97

I dunno. I like Cordelia, but ppl have a problem with her because she's prettier than them. I don't like... hmmm, Kellam because... he doesn't stand out. But he's not popular. I had to search Kellam's name because I forgot his name, lol. The POWER of the unseen!!!

I don't what people think about Vaike, but personally, I am not a big fan of him. He just seems to me like one of those guys that if he existed in real life, he would be one of those 'swag' people. I'm not the biggest fan of Sully or Kjelle either. Severa is certainly not on the like list either, but she doesn't seem that well liked anyway. Cynthia kinda bugs me also. I'm not sure which people are / aren't that well, so I don't know if most of these apply. Everyone else I generally like.

Eh, what?

......... Whoops. I just totally gave Miriel a gender change. Meant HER. I was probably still on the thought about Ricken, lol.

And I sorta agree on the Sully and Kjelle part. I mostly used Sully to ... collect Kjelle just so I can have almost all the children. Laurent is one exception that I have no clue how I'm gonna get him.

Kellam was one of the funny's of FEA.

Edited by Cordelia