Unpopular Characters You Like/Popular Characters You Dislike

Z3R0

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't hardly dislike a character because what I see is not their personality alone, but rahter how they react to other's character with different personality. Many have one-dimensional-defining-trait, but luckily, the massive support conversation managed to get at least one interesting conversation. But still though, there is character that I think pretty horrendous trait, Gaius. If it because his support conversation with Merribele, and his "where's your flavor?" that the only actually good battle quote from him I would benched him forever. Good god IS, to whom you let Gaius character writing into?

Based on what I see

Unpopulars I like:

-Gangrel: I am surprised that he doesn't get more love. He's basically a younger Ganondorf expy with a villainous harlequin personality! I find him cute and hilarious.

-Gregor: Dat accent! Not to mention that he's funny too

-Brady: He either make me laugh or make me go "awwwww!"

-Kellam: Remember me of a male version of myself... I apparently lack presence too... And he's just so sweet ant nice!

-Yarne: He's so fluffy!!!

-Basilio: Come on, he's Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury! That's awesome!

-Flavia: Kinda cute and you gotta like those awkward supports with female Avatar!

-Aversa: As hot as Tharja... It's a wonder that she's not more popular... and "Marshmallow heaven" confession!! :XD:

Popular I dislike:

-While I don't really dislike them, I'm completely neutral to Chrom, Lucina, Sumia and Cordelia. I just find them, I dunno, kinda boring.

-Gerome: Just because he remind me too much of one of my most hated DC hero...

Edited by Persian

I'm starting to think Sully needs some better treatment. For one, being a rare case of a very obviously not-pretty playable female character is pretty cool and even potentially risky considering how early she comes. But then she's also a pretty good tough girl while being a nice subversion of the straw feminist archetype (not common in FE, but can be seen elsewhere). Her whole shtick is that she's the "woman to end men" and all that, but when you read her supports, you see she doesn't actually put down men for being men at all, she just hates being seen as inferior for being a woman. But reading her supports with Stahl and Frederick, you can see that she plays fair and will admit when someone is better than her.

Out of all the female characters in the game, she's the one you're probably most likely to actually see participating in real battles.

I'm starting to think Sully needs some better treatment. For one, being a rare case of a very obviously not-pretty playable female character is pretty cool and even potentially risky considering how early she comes. But then she's also a pretty good tough girl while being a nice subversion of the straw feminist archetype (not common in FE, but can be seen elsewhere). Her whole shtick is that she's the "woman to end men" and all that, but when you read her supports, you see she doesn't actually put down men for being men at all, she just hates being seen as inferior for being a woman. But reading her supports with Stahl and Frederick, you can see that she plays fair and will admit when someone is better than her.

Out of all the female characters in the game, she's the one you're probably most likely to actually see participating in real battles.

Thank you. The whole "Tomboys are bad" thing pisses me off to no end. Like you dont even know. So Sully is awesome.

Gregor needs more love.

Love Cherche because A) redheads make life worth living and B) anyone strong enough make a wyvern behave by bashing it with a stick is A-OK in my book. Not only is her name sexy as hell, but she really seems to have an inner strength "tougher than I look" thing going, which I love. I just wish she had better reclass options. I wasn't impressed with her class set.

I also like Tharja. She's a really dangerous unit, and I like the whole thing with her daughter. It's a different take on things, and I always respect a fresh approach. Her spouse and daughter conversations are pretty unique and stand apart from the cookie cutter "your my parents I love you guys/your our child we love you so much" thing everyone else has. What she did wasn't nice or morally right, but I think the dark, twisted Byronic Hero is a damn sight more intresting than a "baby face" Boy Scout hero. She injects some much needed shades of grey into a group of knights in shining armor IMHO, but maybe that's just me. Plus the implied date-rape in a Nintendo game made me do a double-take. How times have changed...

Love Gregor because the guy is hilarious and awesome on the field. I also enjoy Henry because he gives no f***s about anything, which I respect. I also got a special place in my heart for Olivia. I remember when I first made her a myrmidon. The very first enemy she attacked, she yelled "stop staring!" and critted them to hell and back. That had me laughing for a good while, and it's been all uphill since then.

As for characters I dislike, I found Viron annoying. I could handle the arrogance and "Don Juan-esque" demeanor until I found out why he was with Chrom's group. Thought that was pretty douchey, regardless of whether it was justified or not. Also didn't like Yarne. I guess I can see him being upset about the hand life dealt him, but I thought he complained too much and I got tired of it.

Edited by Sheik

Seconded (or is that thirded?).

I'm not quite sure why she (and sometimes Kjelle) gets so much dislike, other than her apparent lack of looks compared to the other women or her armor design. I think she's a pretty admirable character for all her hard work as a knight and I actually prefer her support with Chrom over his other choices (I still like his support with FeAvatar, but for completely different reasons.)

And as mentioned, she really just wants to be a good knight and be treated as such regardless of her gender as seen in her support with Stahl (which is why I always pair them besides being red/green knights) and Kjelle is much the same, just a little more obsessed with armor for good reason...

I think a lot of people dislike Kjelle because she comes off as hating the weak, but if you read her scramble convos, her actual sentiments are more shown. I was ambivalent towards Kjelle from several of her supports (I can't ever dislike her, she's my bb's daughter after all) but then I bought the scramble pack and they shifted my opinions of her far towards the positive end. Hot Spring Scramble x Cynthia is what did it, in particular. I'd say she's my favourite of the female children after Lucina now.

Sully's my fav along with Flavia hands down. I like her so much I stuffed pretty much the entirety of my renown statbooster down her on my current Lunatic run despite it being not exactly the most optimal thing to do.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm not quite sure why she (and sometimes Kjelle) gets so much dislike

Some people really have a beef with tomboys and more proactive in the non-feminine sense females. I dont get it. In fact, i find that kind of thing very distasteful. Women can shit nails if they want to and have looks to match.

Jumping on the Sully train. There's no problem with a non-feminine woman. She may not be as "pretty" as some of the other ladies but that shouldn't really be a basis for disliking her (also her confession is adorable so I don't really get this view but to each their own). Her personality has reasons behind it too, if you read any of her supports. One reason: her wanting to be like her dead brothers. Still think she's just a man-hating tomboy?

WTF are you guys on crack or something

Sully is by far the best girl in this game, followed by Kjelle and Cherche

I mean shes ridiculously hawt and is extremely likable. Shes a bro in all of her supports. Whats more do you want?

Cooking. whelp BRB Imma learn how 2 cook

>_>

You know, I actually have a bit of an update to my previous sentiments.

My opinions of the two first-generation Pegasus Knights have shifted.

Cordelia's actually really grown on me since I got her support with male Avatar; probably because I "get" her now, when I didn't before.

Okay, so, as I see it...

She wanted to make a good first impression with the Pegasus Knights, so she worked really hard at everything she did and basically threw herself, heart, mind, body and soul, into the profession to show her commitment, dedication and potential. Being mocked and picked on by the others, her self esteem took a blow and she ended up with almost no friends and pretty much nothing better to do in her free time than just... keep working. So she did. Without anything to distract her from it (read; being pretty much completely friendless) she spent all her time on tasks related to her profession and through the inadvertent practice she ended up having skill levels above the norm for her age. Her character flaw isn't being "too perfect"; it's having incredibly low self esteem.

Her confession scene is also cute but I don't get why she seems to be panting? A trained warrior shouldn't be winded after throwing just one javelin...

Sumia, on the other hand... Her supports with Chrom lost her respect from me. I don't know about anyone else, but she comes of as manipulative and scheming. She acts more affectionate and motherly than her relationship with Chrom warrants and that in conjunction with the use of the "My love...!" voice clip before the S support causes Sumia to come off like she's not actually doing any of those things for Chrom out of kindness, but rather in order to make him like her. That or she's just a complete ditz; I can't make heads or tails of it but I'm certain she was a terrible choice of "default love interest" for Chrom.

Her daughter's such a sweetie, though; it's too bad I have to stick one of my favorite guys or a benched Jagen with Sumia in order to get her.

Sumia, on the other hand... Her supports with Chrom lost her respect from me. I don't know about anyone else, but she comes of as manipulative and scheming.

well, have you seen Sumia's conversation with Miriel in the beach DLC? :B):

I really don't like Tharja, though she's a love-her-or-hate-her kind of character so that's not particularly uncommon. Lucina also bores me, though I don't exactly dislike her; I just don't see why she's so universally adored.

On the flipside, I love Yarne. I've heard a lot of complaints about him being annoying or one-note, but I feel he's the right kind of annoying, and he has some of the best battle lines the game has to offer. "Bunny KICK!" "My foot is good luck!" "No, YOU go extinct!" I could go on, but at that point I'd be quoting every single one of his lines.

Oh, and Kjelle. I don't even see why people dislike her. Kicks ass, takes names, takes shit from no one, might be a lesbian? What's not to love? Apparently a lot, I suppose, if much of the fandom is to be believed.

I like using Basilio and Flavia, and started training them recently. They're like Frederick, Libra, and Say'ri when you first recruit them: low stats at first, but the more you train them, the better they'll become.

I do not, however, like using Chrom and Miriel. It's not that I hate Chrom, but he's required to be in every Chapter, every Paralogue, and every Xenologue, with the exception of skirmishes. You'd get kind of tired of using him after awhile, even if he's the only in-game (excluding DLC) character that can use the Exalted Falchion. And Miriel...she's too f*cking smart. I just can't wrap my head around anything she says. *headdesks*

Edited by Karaszure

I actually like Laurent more then I expected. I thought he was boring at first, but he shows a different side then his mom in many of his support, being more human and less of a one trick pony. The hat does make him look rather boring and way to similar to his mom. I think it would be better if he dropped him.

I did't care for Gerome much. I thought he was a "trying too hard" character and I only liked him in his Inigo and Laurent support. The batman jokes are amusing though.

Some people really have a beef with tomboys and more proactive in the non-feminine sense females. I dont get it. In fact, i find that kind of thing very distasteful. Women can shit nails if they want to and have looks to match.

It's really a matter of personal preference. Some men like women to be "one of the guys," and other men prefer more feminine women. It's really no different from women who like tough, masculine, alpha male guys vs. women who prefer more sensitive, delicate men. Nothing wrong with it. If you're going to marry someone, have children with them, and presumably spend the rest of your life with them, I wouldn't hold it against someone if they were a little particular in what they wanted in a life partner.

Also, I forgot to mention Gerome. He looks like the Dick Grayson Nightwing, which is awesome.

As a potential partner is one thing, but hating someone just because they're whatever society's definition of feminine or not feminine is pretty stupid, IMO. Maybe it's just me but I like to judge character based on traits outside of society's gender definitions, like whether or not they're an asshole.

There's a lot of characters who aren't my type when you consider partners, but I appreciate as characters. Inigo for example. I like the dude a lot, but I'm not gonna S rank him. Hell, I wouldn't even date Thor and he's my favourite character in forever.

As a potential partner is one thing, but hating someone just because they're whatever society's definition of feminine or not feminine is pretty stupid, IMO. Maybe it's just me but I like to judge character based on traits outside of society's gender definitions, like whether or not they're an asshole.

There's a lot of characters who aren't my type when you consider partners, but I appreciate as characters. Inigo for example. I like the dude a lot, but I'm not gonna S rank him. Hell, I wouldn't even date Thor and he's my favourite character in forever.

Yeah snap judgments are pretty unfair, but I don't think there's anything wrong with not liking Sully if you think she's genuinely annoying. I just don't think people should assume that everyone hates her for sexist reasons. I can see how a gung-ho, blustery attitude can wear out its welcome.

That is not actually the reason why most people hate Sully and Kjelle you know (well from what I've seen anyway).

I think disliking her due to those reasons are fine, but most of the cases I've seen revolves around her appearance or her being unfeminine, or is flat-out mischaracterising her and disliking her for reasons easily contradicted in her supports based on stereotypical generalisations. Maybe we just see different groups of people, I dunno?

Edited by Thor Odinson

The only FE character I actually "hate" doesn't even exist in Awakening. Well, not really.

That said, Kjelle isn't one of my favorites. I think that dislike cropped up in the Lucina support, where Kjelle basically looks down on the others for being "weaklings". She seems to be too quick to judge people as "weaklings" and if they are "weak" they are "beneath her". Now, Lumi did say that Kjelle had some nice conversations in the Scramble pack, which I haven't gotten to yet, so maybe I'll change my opinion of her then. But from the supports alone ... yeah.

Sumia's not one of my favorites because her character type isn't one that I particularly like. I mean, I get that she tries hard and she has a lot of heart. But sometimes, heart and determination aren't good enough. I feel bad for her that she feels like she can't do anything right, because no one should feel that way. But the same way sometimes people with low self-esteem get on your nerves when they complain too much about being good at nothing ...

I like Sully, I just don't use her much because I have other characters I prefer to use over her and I don't feel like training that many characters (sorry Sully ;_;). Miriel and Laurent are awesome, they need more love.

Severa is either a character you'll really like or you'll hate her. I am the former. (I understand why some people hate her though.)

I like Sumia as well even though I usually just grind her up to pass pavise to Lucina and Cynthia and then bench her because I like Cordelia better. (I pair my Avatar with Cordelia.) Also Sumia gets bonus points for being Cynthia's mother, because I really like Cynthia.

Virion is my favorite male character in the game, followed by Owain and Inigo. (I always use him, even on Lunatic. I just pair him up with the Avatar until Cordelia shows up, and then Virion pairs up with Frederick until Cherche shows up.)

Sully is cool, but I never really use her. (This game has too many characters that I really like so ones I just like are usually benched for my favorite characters.)

On the other hand...

I do not like Chrom very much. I just find him to be a rehash of FE9 Ike but made into a noble and doesn't really grow as a character that much. Granted I understand why people like him.

On that same note, I'm not too fond of Lucina. I mean I'll use her because she's a main character but I just find her a lot more dull than the other Gen 2 characters.

Kjelle's support with Lucina rubbed me in the wrong way. I'll have to see more of her supports before I can judge her though.

Edited by Zelos

I like sumia. I don't see anything wrong with her that much, although after that Miriel conversation I'm not too sure. (Not too sure if that stuff is canon either)

For some reason I absolutely hate tharja too. Probably my least favorite character.. she's just cruel. Not much else to say.