Unpopular Characters You Like/Popular Characters You Dislike

Z3R0

Frederick is pretty hilarious at times. So he gets +1 for personality. His performance is great early game but after a while.....

I thought you found him boring. lol

VIRION!! Seriously, this guy needs more love. Peeps either hate him because of his personality (and likely never saw a lot of his supports) or they hate him for his base class. :(: While his base class is meh, and his reclassing options are a little barebones, i adore this dude. Hes my favorite character in the game. Obviously. He does get like, nearly unfair amounts of favoritism from me, so thats why he winds up being gr9mazing on my runs. But yes. Virion <333333

Oh yeah, I like Virion too! Though mostly cause of his awesome French accent. :P:

Oh, I also like Stahl. I don't know what it is about him that makes me like him, I just think he's pretty cool.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you found him boring. lol

His supports with Sumia and Cordelia are hella boring. But his supports with other people are really funny a lot of the time, or just cute. His and Miriel's supports are adorable. I just find that he drops off the team pretty hard come mid game and doesnt seem to improve much with reclasses. /shrug

Severa is an alright person when you get to know her.

Not really. Ive seen her supports with a few peeps and...not really. Other than Brady and Laurent, shes pretty goddamn mean to everyone she talks to.

other than that doesnt tumblr normally love tomboys and stuff like that

On tumblr, everything ever is a slight against feminism. Everything.

Edited by Virion

I like a lot of characters that don't seem to be as popular as others.

I'll start with Cherche actually. She has one of my favorite personalities out of the characters in this game!

She comes off as such a friendly and patient person, yet she has a bit of a witty/snarky side as well. She's probably

my second favorite female to Lucina in this game, and admittedly I was torn between choosing her or Lucina when I

wanted to pair my Avatar off with someone in the game. ...and I'm actually still torn xp

When I first got the demo, it was Lissa and Virion that definitely made the biggest impressions on me.

Lissa seems like someone who I'd want to be good friends with and Virion, points to him for being one of the first womanizer-type

characters with a good head on his shoulders ^^

>>> On a random note, I thought it was awesome that my cousin calls his girlfriend Melissa "Lissa" as her nickname, hehe.

More among the guys, Stahl is one of my favorites. He's extremely... normal, but that in a sense is what makes him stand out!

He doesn't have many exemplary traits, but he's a nice and likable person. I can relate to him more than my own avatar actually.

Then there's Libra, Gregor, and Basilio. Libra has his own conflicts and hidden depths, and he's actually a person that seems to be easy to

get along with. Gregor... I'm actually surprised that he's not so popular! He's actually pretty funny and intelligent, and is probably

one of the most mature and experienced members of the army. I like Basilio for much of the same reasons, although he doesn't

appear as mature with his expressions, lol.

Might as well mention Laurent and Brady as well. Laurent is actually one of my favorite 2nd gen characters, and maybe it's just me but he kind of reminds

me of Colress from Pokemon Black and White 2. Brady was actually a character that I was surprised to like as much as I do! I found his oversensitivity

to be really funny. His support with Owain about him crying over cutting up potatoes cracked me up!

As far as characters I don't like as much, there's not too many. Although, The Avatar...too perfect... it's somewhat of a pet peeve of mine

right now, but I don't entirely dislike them either. Ironically enough comes off as a bit less perfect in Cherche's supports though, but

then again who could handle Wyvern matchmaking in the first place, haha.

Then there's Anna. It has nothing to do with disliking her either, but that she's one that I just don't like as much as I thought I would. She's not as

interesting as I thought she would be, considering the encounters with other Annas in past games and even Annas in this very game.

Kjelle and Gerome are kind of similar in that my opinion of them fluctuates. A bit more so with Kjelle than Gerome due to her "better than men"

attitude. Gerome can be overly harsh to people, in an almost Severa-like way sometimes... yet at the same time I don't dislike Severa for it. Maybe

due to having a friend kind of like Severa. Perhaps if I had a male friend like that, I'd feel different? *shrugs* Oh well, those are my 2 cents there.<BR id=ms__id21727>

@OP: Maribelle is disliked? Holy crap. She's my favorite character~.

Anyway, I had seen a few people go on about how obnoxious he was, so this surprised me. But I love Vaike. ^^" He's so...ugh~. I love his unwarranted pride, and how everyone treats him like a dumbass in-universe. And he's so cool being the butt of jokes. X) He just keeps being...Vaike. I wanna squeeze him.

Vaike: Anyone wanna touch my--

Me: YES.

Also, I squeal every time he says "Looks like Teach just got tenure." NewYearsEmoticon.gif

VaikexMaribelle is amazing. Vaike trying to act like a nobleman = win.

Edited by Paulina

@OP: Maribelle is disliked? Holy crap. She's my favorite character~.

Anyway, I had seen a few people go on about how obnoxious he was, so this surprised me. But I love Vaike. ^^" He's so...ugh~. I love his unwarranted pride, and how everyone treats him like a dumbass in-universe. And he's so cool being the butt of jokes. X) He just keeps being...Vaike. I wanna squeeze him.

Vaike: Anyone wanna touch my--

Me: YES.

Also, I squeal every time he says "Looks like Teach just got tenure." NewYearsEmoticon.gif

VaikexMaribelle is amazing. Vaike trying to act like a nobleman = win.

Try Vaike x Lissa. My respect for both of them went up immensely.

Sthal is a nice guy - just generally a pleasant person, sure hes not rock and roll but what's not to like about him? Also Gregor, I've really enjoyed all of his supports, especially the ones with Cherche, quite a nice pay off with that one in the A-support. I think i like Grego because alot of his previous jobs seems to have crossed paths with others prior to the game. I like that the Awakening world is not so vast that seemingly unrelated characters might have unwittingly met or affect one another in the past.

I totally get OP's point about Maribelle, i was pleasantly surprised by her supports, especially with Ricken.

His supports with Sumia and Cordelia are hella boring. But his supports with other people are really funny a lot of the time, or just cute. His and Miriel's supports are adorable. I just find that he drops off the team pretty hard come mid game and doesnt seem to improve much with reclasses. /shrug

As much as I ship him with Cordelia, i must agree. Those support are one of few supports where Fred's fatherly side clearly took over his weaknesses, and those weakness are pretty much the reason why his supports are interesting, such as the infamous Naked Poster incident.....

As for overrated characters, I guess Lucina. As mentioned before, she was kind of bland and sometimes rude. Also, Morgan was kind of bland and weird at the same time. "I LOVE YOU FATHER! I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU FATHER! I WORSHIP YOU FATHER!," etc.

As for underrated characters, I actually really really love Brady, Severa, Nah, and Teach

And while I didn't really like Maribelle stat-wise, I thought that she was an interesting and likeable character, at least in her supports with Kellam.

Edited by NyanKitteh

I haven't seen his support with Cordelia, but I agree on Sumia. I read it and did find it pretty boring. As for Frederick as a unit, you must have gotten unlucky with him or something, because he hasn't stopped ripping people to shreds for me and I'm past mid-game. In fact, Freddy is one of my strongest units right now, even outdoing Chrom. I've never reclassed him, but I did send him back to lv. 1 Great Knight. lol

Popular characters I dislike: I wouldn't say I "dislike" anyone, just that I don't particularly care for them. Lucina and Lon'qu would be two that suffer from a bland personality. I'm kinda iffy on Virion. I don't find him particularly useful and his personality is ok. I'm not really a fan of womanizers. I thought I would like Inigo but I don't find his womanizing to be funny or charming at all. I like his supports with his parents but dislike his romantic and friendly supports.

Unpopular characters you like: Ummm I doubt any of them are "unpopular" because someone likes them. I don't hear a lot of love for Mariabelle, Libra, and Cherche. Those three character wise are very interesting to me. Cherche especially has become one of my favorites. Mariabelle's support with Olivia cracks me up and shows the fun side of her. Libra is my favorite male after Stahl, sooo funny. As for the second gen Brady is my favorite followed by Nah. I'm pretty sure a lot of people hate Severa and I love her! Laurent doesn't get much love either.

I haven't seen his support with Cordelia, but I agree on Sumia. I read it and did find it pretty boring. As for Frederick as a unit, you must have gotten unlucky with him or something, because he hasn't stopped ripping people to shreds for me and I'm past mid-game. In fact, Freddy is one of my strongest units right now, even outdoing Chrom. I've never reclassed him, but I did send him back to lv. 1 Great Knight. lol

Summary:

C: Freddy compliments Cordelia, and mention something about Phila's compliment about Cordelia. Cordelia pretty much played the Frederick in this support, in a way that she become the perfect person who get all the compliment. Freddy mentioned about her colorful pasts, which left her confused

B: Fred ask for Cordelia help, where she wondered if Fred want to ask her about something related to love. Its actually talking about teaching soldiers about her skills with Lance. Cordelia replied with her "perfectionist angst", and agree. In the end, she suggested Fred to talk about her love life

A: Cordelia ask Fred to go with her alone, and she explained how they are going to talk about their love life. Fred basically make a joke in this convo, which failed against Cordelia. In the end, he agreed with it.

S: The beggining are the same as A, except Fred mentioned how much their previous "date" failed. Cordelia promised that it won't fail in the same way as before again. Fred accepts and confess to her. And then Fred talk a bit about Chrom and ask her for a marriage. She mumbles for a bit, and then she accepts the proposal. The end.

So, yeah its basically the most straightforward convo in the game

Summary:

C: Freddy compliments Cordelia, and mention something about Phila's compliment about Cordelia. Cordelia pretty much played the Frederick in this support, in a way that she become the perfect person who get all the compliment. Freddy mentioned about her colorful pasts, which left her confused

B: Fred ask for Cordelia help, where she wondered if Fred want to ask her about something related to love. Its actually talking about teaching soldiers about her skills with Lance. Cordelia replied with her "perfectionist angst", and agree. In the end, she suggested Fred to talk about her love life

A: Cordelia ask Fred to go with her alone, and she explained how they are going to talk about their love life. Fred basically make a joke in this convo, which failed against Cordelia. In the end, he agreed with it.

S: The beggining are the same as A, except Fred mentioned how much their previous "date" failed. Cordelia promised that it won't fail in the same way as before again. Fred accepts and confess to her. And then Fred talk a bit about Chrom and ask her for a marriage. She mumbles for a bit, and then she accepts the proposal. The end.

So, yeah its basically the most straightforward convo in the game

Thanks, but I think I'd rather read the actual support. xP But this actually sounds interesting to me, believe it or not.

Cherche-Has a creamy soft-like personality like Japanese Florina.

I don't like Olivia at all even though she's pretty popular. She's a slut. She's not shy, but annoying at the way that she dresses in addition to her getting shy which is only a ploy so that men can drool over her. She only uses her looks for attention and wanting to get laid and it really irritates u.

I find it funny that you're comparing Cherche to a character who she bears no similarities towards, yet you're bashing the character who bears the most similarities to the character you're comparing Cherche to. I mean, have you even read Olivia's supports? She does nothing of the sort.

Edited by Little Al

Not really. Ive seen her supports with a few peeps and...not really. Other than Brady and Laurent, shes pretty goddamn mean to everyone she talks to.

She's also pretty nice to Noire. She mentions that she only brings down "self-righteous people". Eh, I like her. She's one of my favorite characters. Didn't really know she was hated.

And yeah...Olivia is not a slut, at all.

Edited by Z3R0

I don't like Olivia at all even though she's pretty popular. She's a slut. She's not shy, but annoying at the way that she dresses in addition to her getting shy which is only a ploy so that men can drool over her. She only uses her looks for attention and wanting to get laid and it really irritates u.

Whoa there. No need for slut shaming, especially since Olivia is nothing of the sort. She's very sweet and incredibly shy and can't even practice her dances in front of people because she gets so embarrassed. You can't judge her simply based on her dancer's costume and make a rude, baseless assumption.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Robin. Their personality felt inconsistent to me, and they really could have functioned as a normal character (instead of a My Unit) and probably have been handled better overall. Robin had too much character to be the "player," but too little character to be a good character, and considering their role in the plot, they really needed to be a good character.

Not sure how popular she is, but Female Morgan is my favorite character in the entire game, bar none. I like her more than Lucina and Male Avatar, which I didn't think would be possible. Just something about how she can be so consistently derpy off the battlefield and yet be so powerful. I interpreted how she mentions never practicing in her supports as her being so freakishly powerful that she never really has to. (Given that Lucina is her mother in my main file, this made sense to me.) I think her facial expressions are absolutely adorable. Oh, and she's batshit insane. Can't forget that. Best daughter ever.

I'm also a bigger fan of Sumia than most, it seems, at least with regards to the Chrom X Sumia pairing. What can I say, I'm a sucker for the default or "canon" pairings. (Prepares flameshield).

I'm not a fan of her as a character to be paired with a Male Avatar. People complain about how boring Lucina's supports are (I disagree, but that's irrelevant), but I think that the Male Avatar X Sumia supports are more boring and don't imply any sort of feelings between them until the S rank. That's a pet peeve of mine with the Avatar romantic supports in general. Some of the supports are written in such a way that you can choose to interpret as one or both of the two having feelings for the other before they reach S Rank (such as Lucina, Noire, Nah, and especially Tiki and Emmeryn, but those are just the ones I interpreted that way or could have interpreted that way if I wanted to) without outright stating it.

Edited by HijackThis

I definitely don't think she's a slut, but I DO greatly dislike Olivia. A Dancer who gets embarrassed when people see her dance? :facepalm:

Her C support with Panne is a great representation of my estimation of Olivia.

I'm also a big Severa fan and have grown really fond of Laurent as well. They're unpopular/hated by many, right? And I'm not sure whether Tharja is really popular or really unpopular, but she's definitely one of the more polarizing characters: I'm a fan of hers as well.

Edited by Sublime Manic

I definitely don't think she's a slut, but I DO greatly dislike Olivia. A Dancer who gets embarrassed when people see her dance? Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Her C support with Panne is a great representation of my estimation of Olivia.

I'm also a big Severa fan and have grown really fond of Laurent as well. They're unpopular/hated by many, right? And I'm not sure whether Tharja is really popular or really unpopular, but she's definitely one of the more polarizing characters: I'm a fan of hers as well.

Severa is both hated and loved at the same time. Seems like a 50/50 split to me. And Laurent just isn't noticed, but I did really like Laurent (much better than his mother), and Brady.

I definitely don't think she's a slut, but I DO greatly dislike Olivia. A Dancer who gets embarrassed when people see her dance? :facepalm:

Yeah really. Though you know, I think her shyness in the Japanese version is more blatant than in the US version. Every time she did her high-pitched 'SUMIMASENNNNN!!!' squeal I was just like 'OH HONESTLY'.

Additionally, I'm not a big fan of Walhart, but I do think it's really funny that ppl here and on other polls have been calling him Walmart and The Lobster. You guys are hilarious wink.gif

Edited by mewyeon

I don't like how Olivia's outfit clashes so severely with her personality, either, but whoa, calling her a slut is uncalled for. D8 People can want to dress sexy but still be embarrassed by it. And I can understand having a passion for dancing, but being too embarrassed to show anyone my moves.

I'll admit, this game did a great job with its characterization. I don't think there's a single character I HATE. Sure, there's some that I prefer less than others, but most of the characters are very well-crafted and layered, making them feel more human - like they're real. Which the story-teller in me adores. It's fun making my own situations with these characters, imagining their support conversations as they grow. I haven't gotten bored of it yet, and I don't think I will.

Needless to say, it deeply saddens me that some characters who deserve so much more love are hated.

Like Stahl. Normally, I like characters with a gimmick, a quirk - it makes them stand out. But Stahl doesn't have that... because he didn't need it. He's a great guy - he's sweet, charming, absolutely adorable and has probably the biggest heart of gold out of anyone. I love him to pieces, despite the fact that he's not a powerhouse unit, but I still keep him around, simply because.

Donny too. His accent is endearing, the way he strives to help whomever needs it is inspiring, and he IS a powerhouse unit. It was funny, watching my game progress, because at first I had Lissa babysit him to keep him alive and now HE'S babysitting HER. (My Lissa's a war cleric, BTW.)

And Kellam! He is the ultimate butt monkey of the game, and I feel so bad for him because of that! And he's a really sweet guy as well - watch his supports with Olivia! That's just adorable. And, just so that way my three favorite boys aren't ever alone, I grinded for a three-way A support between Kellam, Donny and Stahl. And I will do that for every playthrough from now on, because those three have one of the BEST friendships in the entire game. They're always looking out for each other, it's just... ALL MY FEELS.

Now onto the ladies.

Maribelle. Every single support conversation I get with her makes me love her even more. At first, I was seriously put off, thinking she was just another snobby girl. But then, the game went out of its way to prove me wrong. Her supports with Gaius, Libra, even Chrom's... just killed me. She is truly a sweet girl underneath all of that. And I cannot understand why people hate her. I can't do it. Even if that archetype annoyed me, I still don't think I could hate her. I've seen plenty of attempts to make a spoiled rich girl with a good heart... this is one of the very best. They pulled it off flawlessly.

Another girl who gets a lot of flak that she doesn't deserve is Cordelia. Unrequited love sucks, yes, but she DOES get over him is you pair her, and some of her supports are absolutely amazing. Hers and Lon'qu's for example, or her and Male!Avatar's. And if you want one that DOESN'T mention Chrom and is freaking adorable to boot, Gregor. I got that support on a whim and fell in love. She's a smart, talented girl broken by the loss of her "family" and the feelings she has for a man who will never return them.

Don't worry, Cordelia. I'm writing you a support set with Chrom. S included.

Olivia seems like an odd paradox. A dancer is revealing clothes whose embarassed to be seen? Um, what? But imagine if she were confident and self-assured. It would be basically every other dancer-esque character in existence... and that would be boring.

Gods, Cherche. A sweet girl with a domestic side and a easy-going smile... and a wit sharper than wyvern's teeth (do they have teeth? assuming they do). How she manages to be the most terrifying person in the army still astounds me considering who ELSE is/can be in said army. She's a beautiful woman and a very powerful unit, so I rarely if EVER bench her.

Honorable mention goes to Virion. At first, Virion annoyed the living hell out of me. I mean, good unit - it's always nice to have an archer or two, but personality-wise I didn't care for him. THEN I got his C-A supports with the Avatar. Virion is far from an airheaded, overconfident noble and my love for this game grew IMMENSELY because of this. His play style in their games is actually a lot like mine - I'll tank through the game and not stop until I won, no matter how many units I lose. In fact, playing Fire Emblem made me alter my playstyle entirely. I don't play chess the same after this! So yeah. My love for Viri is more of a meta level, but still.

Now for the other side of the scale, although really I don't HATE any of the characters. There's just some I like less.

Sigh. Tharja. I originally liked her, because that archetype appeals to me. But then... then the game gave me Noire. And Noire's backstory. And I just... I couldn't do it anymore. Especially since in Noire's C support with the Fem!Avatar, she outright states that she wishes Tharja wasn't her mother. Gods, that just... that killed any respect I had for her.

Now, don't get me wrong - I really do like Lucina. I do! It's just I wish she wasn't SUCH a downer. I mean, here I am enjoying my first ever voyage and she launches into a tale about how they aren't any boats in her past, that time will always find a way to murder her father and that he was originally killed by his best friend. I stared at my screen for a few moment in disbelief, like, "Seriously? Stop making me feel bad, damn!" I know she comes from a terrible timeline, but I really wish she'd stop talking about it. For just a bit.

I really wish they hadn't shoved Sumia's archetype down our throats every five seconds. I'm afraid her daughter Cynthia got the better personality out of the two - while Cyn can easily come off as annoying, at least she has SOME confidence in herself and her abilities and wants to be a hero. Fortunately, her support with Frederick redeems her for being adorable (and makes Frederick even MORE awesome for having the patience to put up with her antics. I love you, Freddy.)

How the bloody hell is Walhart more popular than Gangrel? HOW? That emotionless rock lobster dastard needs to be boiled with a side of damn butter in my opinion.

I'll confess. I tried to like Gerome. But I just... can't. The entire "lone wolf" thing is so overdone - it's just an excuse to act like an anti-social ass sometimes. And the mask thing is overdone as well. As a member of the Teen Titans/Young Justice fandom, do you know how many times I've seen this trope used? His character type is very cliche, and considering that he's the son of one of my favorites, I was sorely disappointed.

Was. My headcanon started shipping him with Inigo.

In other un-related news, I write too damn much. dry.gif

Edited by Vashiane

You know, I also give Frederick a lot of credit for having that much patience. It's not so much Sumia's klutziness and lack of talent that really annoys me about her, it's how she shows her lack of confidence. She practically whines and cries. Ugh. I don't see how even Frederick can put up with THAT for a long time, but somehow he does, and that's one thing that makes him really cool. <3

Oh, I also love Donnel! I forgot to mention him lol. I love his accent and voice and find him cute. And his support with Lissa is just friggin ADORABLE.

Edited by Anacybele