Unpopular Characters You Like/Popular Characters You Dislike

Z3R0

I say Cordelia already get rid of her love with Chrom on most of the supports but some people just don't get it.

About the dialogues I think it's because the devs are lazy. And you could always refer "him" to her husband.

I don't see much Kjelle love around here.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say Cordelia already get rid of her love with Chrom on most of the supports but some people just don't get it.

About the dialogues I think it's because the devs are lazy. And you could always refer "him" to her husband.

I don't see much Kjelle love around here.

The best two examples of this are her supports with Lon'qu and Gregor. Gregor because it isn't even MENTIONED, and Lon'qu because it's not mentioned until the very, very end, and even then she says, "I USED to love him, but now I've fallen for you."

And that's what I do. I usually have her fight with some other person, so when she says that line, it feels like she's talking about her husband and not Chrom.

EEK.

Wasn't excepting to see your here Walhart!

Haha, the Conqueror is everywhere! That's ok, I'm generally a pretty calm person, there's no need to fear me. Unless... you're a Gangrel fan... you're not a Gangrel fan... are you?

Uh the only popular characters I sometimes hate are Tharja and Cordelia. This is only when I do one of their marriages where they marry someone and say something like "Sure i'll marry you, but I still love Robin/Chrom more than you LOL" ugh.

^this, especially for Cordelia although she does make a great pair up partner for Fred on Chapter 9

Fair enough, but I'm pretty sure there are some examples where it is heavily implied that it is referred to Chrom.

Where are these examples, you ask? I don't know, I just know they exist [insert atheist rant worthy of Walhart here].

Edited by Walhart

The biggest qualms I have about Severa are from her Cynthia and Kjelle C supports. It's one thing to snark at people who are actually saying/doing harmful things to you and another to be judgemental about people going about their business. The Kjelle one hit really close with me, too, seeing Severa's treatment of Kjelle is what I have to deal with far too often.

Yeah definitely. Severa's support with Gerome made me mad too. I get that hes all loner and junk, but why just randomly go up to someone and give them the business about their mask? What a jerk she is!

• 1 month later...

Aww, all this Severa hate saddens me, she and Tiki are my favorite female characters. And why is there no more love for Tiki? I love her looks, her supports, her as a unit, everything! I don't think anyone really hates her, but not many people love her either.

I also really adore Donnel, both as a unit and a character. Him being Severa's father on my playthrough made it even better. By the by, the Cordelia/Donnel support was cute as heck and there is no mention of Chrom. You guys should try it. I just love Donnel's attitude in general. He's a sweetheart and he tries so hard, he's also surprisingly compatible with Miriel, and I love the way that they both sort of admire each other for different reasons. He really deserves more love. I get why people dislike him as a unit (although he turned out quite amazing for me), but I really wish people would give his character some more credit.

Tharja... for me is a strange case. I started out really liking her, I thought her design was cool and her obsession with the Avatar didn't bother me at all, I found it kind of cute. I paired her with Lon'qu, which wasn't much of a standout support in my opinion, but didn't bother me either. And then... the way she treats Noire! I really feel sorry for her that she had such a terrible mother. It might be played for laughs but I didn't find it funny at all. Right at that point, Tharja started to severely lack as a unit too so I kicked her off the team and my opinion of her had drastically changed.

I also personally think Owain is overrated. He didn't annoy me, but I ended up not caring for him much. Gerome also kinda pissed me off with his attitude (specifically towards Cherche when they first meet, especially when she's such a sweetheart) because I don't understand characters like that. I like him more in fandom.

I don't know much about Severa yet, but I kind of like her so far. I thought it was really neat how she cared so much about Holland in her paralogue. She convinced him to ditch those bad guys because his pregnant wife and unborn child deserved better and all that. I guess she just ACTS mean, but really has a good heart.

Edited by Anacybele

I hate Lucina. I hate how all of her supports just end up as "CHROM'S DAUGHTER WHOAAAA" when she doesn't do anything relevant ever. Even Tiki puts her on Marth's level, which might as well be the biggest joke ever. I enjoy not pairing her so she can leave forever and never come back.

I don't know much about Severa yet, but I kind of like her so far. I thought it was really neat how she cared so much about Holland in her paralogue. She convinced him to ditch those bad guys because his pregnant wife and unborn child deserved better and all that. I guess she just ACTS mean, but really has a good heart.

Personally, I really like Severa. She's my favorite 2nd gen kid. It's just that some people just can't get past her mean comments and jerk attitude. I think she's nice deep down like in her supports with the female avatar.

I'm really not too fond of Frederick... he's boring and it's quite hard to level him. In my latest playthrough, I didn't even really use him. Tbh, I really like Severa, Tharja (obviously), and Nowi if people think they're unpopular. Nowi is adorable and Tharja is... just plain awesome. And come on now, Henry is hilarious! :D

I'm really not too fond of Frederick... he's boring and it's quite hard to level him. In my latest playthrough, I didn't even really use him. Tbh, I really like Severa, Tharja (obviously), and Nowi if people think they're unpopular. Nowi is adorable and Tharja is... just plain awesome. And come on now, Henry is hilarious! :D

Unfortunately, Frederick isn't that popular and Tharja is. Although, I personally don't get how anyone can find an OCD butler knight that loves fire, gets dramatic when met with his fears or tastes gamey meat, cries like a man, and likes giving hugs to be boring. But that's just me. And each to their own, of course. ;P

EDIT: Oh, Henry is popular too.

Edited by Anacybele

Personally, I really like Severa. She's my favorite 2nd gen kid. It's just that some people just can't get past her mean comments and jerk attitude. I think she's nice deep down like in her supports with the female avatar.

I like Severa, but I don't like what she represents (the modern generic teenage girl). I understand her anger towards Cordelia, but I could never understand why she was so big on shopping and being a tsundere.

Tsunderes are the most painfully overused character archetype in anime/video games from Japan. And all of them are horrible people.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Tsunderes are the most painfully overused character archetype in anime/video games from Japan. And all of them are horrible people.

I don't think tsunderes are always a bad archetype, but Japanese games usually take them way too far. I wouldn't mind them so much if it was a little understated and just hard on the outside soft on the inside, instead of becoming a violent, abusive and unreasonable person. Rita from Vesperia for example is a tsundere gone horribly wrong.

I dislike the term tsundere as well. It always makes me cringe a little when I see that word.

I don't think tsunderes are always a bad archetype, but Japanese games usually take them way too far. I wouldn't mind them so much if it was a little understated and just hard on the outside soft on the inside, instead of becoming a violent, abusive and unreasonable person. Rita from Vesperia for example is a tsundere gone horribly wrong.

I dislike the term tsundere as well. It always makes me cringe a little when I see that word.

Oh Gods, Rita...don't remind me.

Edited by Frosty Fire Mage

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not too sure who's popular and who isn't, so I'll just say who I like and dislike aha.

I dislike Miriel and Laurent because they're bland and boring. I also don't like Sumia. I don't necessarily have anything against her, she just didn't click with me. I didn't like Lucina too much either, her personality hinged upon the fact that she had to save the future and she was kinda bland.

I did like Inigo, a lot of people seem to dislike him because of the fact that he flirts a lot or something. I don't think they took the time to find out why he does that- his reasoning actually makes him a lot more likeable, at least for me.

I liked Owain too because he was a melodramatic doofus and it was hilarious.

I have conflicted feelings about Severa. On one hand, she's gorgeous and she just wants to be like her mother. But on another hand, she's rude and mean. So I don't know about her.

I loved Gregor though, his speech habits were hilarious.

I like Severa, but I don't like what she represents (the modern generic teenage girl). I understand her anger towards Cordelia, but I could never understand why she was so big on shopping and being a tsundere.

one of these is not like the others

anyway, I see Severa is as polarizing as ever

Edited by shadykid

wut

...and we were so close to agreeing on every one of them too

well i don't like that gregor that much because he constanly acts to get payed as a joke. but once i saw the thing about his brother i felt sad and i liked him a little better. on a scale of 1-10 he would be in the 6 range while miriel, panne, sully, laurent and yarne would be a 2 at most because their personalities are so bland or they are just not right (sully).

I personally DESPISE Kjelle and Tharja. .-. Kjelle's just an overall douchebag, and Tharja's a weirdo who needs to be arrested for child abuse.

I like Severa and Sumia though: Lucina as well.

Tiki is my favorite character. I'm somewhat surprised she's not being mentioned much. I find Say'ri is underrated.

I was going to go on a mini-tangent about how everybody hates Ricken and he's one of my favorite characters..

But then I realized that I completely confused him with Ken Amada from Persona 3. Ricken's cool, I guess.

I can't stand Miriel. Her whole personality is "lookit me i use big words and am socially awkward". That's the worst way to make a "smart" character. Laurent is basically male Miriel, but I like his dialogue in Future Past 3, so, meh.

Tiki is my favorite character. I'm somewhat surprised she's not being mentioned much. I find Say'ri is underrated.

I was going to go on a mini-tangent about how everybody hates Ricken and he's one of my favorite characters..

But then I realized that I completely confused him with Ken Amada from Persona 3. Ricken's cool, I guess.

I can't stand Miriel. Her whole personality is "lookit me i use big words and am socially awkward". That's the worst way to make a "smart" character. Laurent is basically male Miriel, but I like his dialogue in Future Past 3, so, meh.

well Ricken is just a badass actually:

hwKSqKJ.jpg

Edited by shadykid