Best weapons type?

BossOfGuns

Favorite weapon type  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite weapon type

Well, it worked in fe4 where res was low even for mages and the hit rate swing of 20 made a huge difference for some things.

I suppose I can concede that. But afterward, I feel it didn't have any real effect on combat.

Magic is my favorite. Light magic especially as I love the idea of the divine warrior, angel, and staff-chick. But Anima wins in the end for 'favorite' if only because FE isn't a game that focuses a lot on the light magic.

Sword. The most common,reliable, and pretty versatile of the other weapon types. It helps most beginning chapters contain enemy axe users.

Lances since good mix of hit rate and damage and lances are cool. Ballistae they're not very good most of the time for players since archers have issues I just like artillery stuff.

Some of the playable dark magic users seem to have a particularly scientific/scholarly approach to their treatment of it, like they're just see it as the key to solving mysteries of the world. I like that idea that it might actually be this kind of arcane technology, and mages, dark magic users in particular, are just kinda feeling their way around applying it, trying not to break anything.

Also in theory bows, just because bows and the whole archer's mystique thing are neat enough that I might actually want to try learning to use one myself sometime.

In practice though, axes. If there's a fast axe user in any given game in the series, I'll probably use them no matter what annoyances they present.

Or rather, I'll at least try, in the hopes that I'll get something like my previous Boyds/Bartres/Hectors/Nolans/Darts/Ross.