Emerald does Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Emeraldfox

19 members have voted

1. 1. I haven't leveled up yet, which stat should I focus on?

• HP only, like a boss. Who needs dorky badges or wimpy FP?
    • FP only, like a wizard. When it comes down to it, FP is best.
    • BP only, like a sheep. BAH BAH BLACK SHEEP HAVE YOU ANY BADGES BAAAAAAAHHHHHH

dayum All of that experience.

I'd say you get more BP after you get like 40 HP/FP or something to unequip the HP/FP + badges and equip some others instead.

I might do that. I know that the Ice Power badge is coming up and I kind of want to equip it.

You should not upgrade your FP at all, and HP only up to 25. Then Badge points ALL, the rest of your upgrades. It's fun to try to beat a play through with only BP and HP up to 25 (Of course use the badge that give 5+ in HP and the one that gives 5+ in FP) Challenging and both fun. I've managed my way all the way to Keelhaul Key so far doing the game like this :) Of course the Shadow Queen's going to kill me within the first 10 rounds if I ever get that far, but still :)...

Miss me? Did you think I forgot? I didn't. Etrian Odyssey 4 is funsies luul.

Pre-chapter stuff. Not much, but I got Ms. Mowz. I like her, she's cool. Theif utility. Merlee's trouble? It required a Ruin Powder, not a Spite Pouch. TEEHEE IT ISN'T FINISHED. I powered up Vivian and Ms. Mowz by the way. Oh yeah, and I bought a Head Rattle badge.

Chapter 5: A Key to Pirates

Flavio is just as unfunny and boring as Kolorado.

Keelhaul Key:

Eh, had to save folks. Spoilers: FOUR EYES IS LORD CRUMP HAHAHAHA. Bobbery get. I like him, he's a dapper chap eh wot? Second Head Rattle badge get. Ice Power badge get. Now those pesky fire enemies won't know what hit them, lul.

Pirate's Grotto:

Standard dungeon stuff, you know. I found a D-Up P-Down badge, I might equip it just because, and it would be like I don't have my Hammerman badge equipped since all I'm using is hammer attacks. The huge Bob-ombs were funny, I would use Fire Drive on them and they'd explode hurting us. Feels bad man. The Cortez battle was easy. I kicked his boney butt. Sapphire Star get. MISSION COMPLETE. Is what I would say if the mission was complete. See, my boy Lord Crump decided to ambush us. I kicked his butt while humming his theme. MISSION COMPLETE.

STATS:

Level 17

HP: 35(+5)

FP: 30(+5)

BP: 21

Badges: Power Smash, Quake Hammer, Hammer Throw, Ice Smash(x2), Fire Drive, Head Rattle(x2), Hammerman, Ice Power, Charge, HP Plus, FP Plus

My body is ready for Smorg. (Ahhhhn~!)

Edited by Leafeon

It hasn't done anything for me yet since I haven't found/bought it yet. But yeah, it's great beause it ignores defense and what not.

Pre chapter junk. I finished up some troubles and I FINALLY got my hands on PIERCING BLOW. So late game man, so late game. Then I powered up Bobbery and got the Ultra Stone. Powering up Koops, Ms. Mowz and Bobbery a second time. Yep. CHUGGA CHUGGA

Chapter six: SMOOOOOOOOORG(3 Days of Excess)

This is my favorite chapter after chapter two. Eyup.

Excess Express:

SMOOOORG SMOOOOORG SMOOORG. You know what, I'm not doing that again, I'm reminded of my Shadow Dragon log. I solved MYSTERIES. Yeah.

Train Station:

Oh hey a dungeon. Keys everywhere man. ULTRA BOOTS. Eh, lame. Uhh, anything else? Oh yeah, the prettiest sunset. To be honest the whole of chapter six is my favorite part of Thousnd Year Door. Smoorglets.

Back on the train:

SMORG BATTLE. Hnnnng Smorg do me harder hnnnng. SMOOOOOORG SMOOOOOOORG. Unrelated, but the airheaded toad with the pigtails is kind of cute.

Poshley Heights:

Rich people live here, and some Bumpities. So I head on over to the sanctum to find Beldam, the big one and Doopliss running off with a fake Crystal Star. I found the real one. Garnet Star get. MISSION COMPLETE

STATS:

Level 20

HP: 40(+5)

FP: 35(+5)

BP: 24

Badges: Power Smash, Piercing Blow, Quake Hammer, Hammer Throw, Ice Smash, Fire Drive(x2), Head Rattle, Hammerman, Charge, Charge P, HP Plus, FP Plus, L Emblem

Wow, not much this time. As much as I love it, chapter six doesn't seem all that exciting. Oh well~<3

I did not get the bag yet, but I will before I continue on with chapter 7. I might unequip the second Fire Drive badge. Ten FP is a lot.

I always give special focus on HP in this game. Truthfully I'm not sure why as I've played this game so much that I'm really good at the super guard.... or whatever it's called (when you use the B button and damage the enemy instead of them damaging you). I guess I've just always liked being a tanky Mario.

Didja miss me? I missed me too~

Prechapter stuff: so like, I went into the pit to get the Strange Sack, which is a helpful item, and I did a few troubles.

Chapter 7: Mario Shoots the Moon

Huh, I kind of forgot where to find General White luuuul, but I found him. But yeah.

The Moon:

MAD HOPS SON. Mad hops. Iunno what else to put here to be honest. I think I missed a Shine Sprite.

X-Naut Base:

Dungeon time! Not too bad here, but I did fool around with the easter egg here. The Magnus Von Grapple 2.0 battle was just as easy as the first, though. Huh. Crystal Star get. MISSION COMPLETE(cough)

STATS:

Level 24

HP: 45

FP: 45

BP: 27

Badges: Power Smash, Piercing Blow, Quake Hammer, Hammer Throw, Head Rattle, Fire Drive, Ice Smash, Hammerman, Flower Saver, Flower Saver P, Charge, Charge P, L Emblem

Huh, it takes me hours to play, yet my updates have few lines. What

Edited by Leafeon

Yeah Ein, the Crystal Star is the last star before the final dungeon, The Palace of Shadow. Poop is about to get real.

• 3 weeks later...

Well this is Just great I've only made it like maybe a fewcdoors before magnus or whatever the bosses name is

Fav chapters

2:Lets save this tree and these small cretures before they kill them

3:GLADIATORSSSSSS!!!!!! and yoshi is gained my top 3 partner

5:Well my harties we be stuck on a island (sounds familar if you played 1 which I did) then we 'kill' the undead ghost captain for his treasure YARR

6:I say my good chaps this train ride was gotten a bit sour we caught a theif,Beat some wierd Creature,and we got off to see the mueseum but I dare say something was stolen

I wanted this game, thought I bought it at goodwill and instead I bought the case and a few games packed inside.

Animal Crossing, Pikmin 2, and Metroid Prime.

Totally a waste of $2.50 since I didn't get Paper Mario 1000 Year door.

[nice LP emerald]