Awakening HM LTC Playthrough

PKL

Rules:

1. The game will be played in Hard Mode.

2. I will go for the least amount of turns possible to my team.

3. No rigging. I wont care if dodging this and this couldve saved a turn. This is not that kind of LTC run.

4. Forges are allowed.

5. Rescue is allowed.

6. DLC is banned. Renown items are allowed.

The Team and pairings:

Sumia: early on she will be a very valuable unit. Will be replaced with Cordelia later most likely unless she behaves in the levels she gets.

Thinking of pairing her with Kellam.

Frederick: the Jeigan. Will be paired with Cordelia as part of the plan. He will help her get Galeforce in time for something.

Cordelia: the main flier. Will be paired with Fred and get favored heavily to get Galeforce.

Avatar female +spd -lck: Will be paired with Chrom for a good resulting Lucina. Might go Pegasus Knight early on for another Galeforce if i deem it neccesary or keep her as Grandmaster for Rally Spectrum. Not sure yet.

Lucina: Grima slayer. Will be made into a Paladin. Paired with Morgan for A support most likely.

Anna: Rescuebot#1

Libra: Rescuebot#2

Ricken/Miriel/Maribelle/Lissa: potential rescuebots.

Stahl and Sully: will probably be used a lot actually. Since they are both pretty good.

Panne: her fate depends on what happens with Avatar. If I want Pegasus Avatar, then she wont be a wyvern.

Olivia: the dancer. Saves turns/10

Cherche: paired with Lon'qu most likely. The Deliverer of Death.

So now that that is out of the way. What do you think I should do about paralogues? Should I visit them right away not caring that it might affect my turncount? Or can I save them for later to beat them in less turns and train Cordelia and Avatar closer to Galeforce?

Im leaning towards the latter...Not sure if i wanna recruit everyone yet. I certainly dont want to have anything to do with Donnel.

Edited by CordeliaxFrederick

We're going to need a ToC for all these playlogs soon... makes for some good reading, though.

If your goal is to minimize total turns, I'd consider skipping the paralogues entirely, unless there is a really good reward at stake (like Morgan's, for instance). You won't be recovering those turns lost in most cases.

Consider using N.O.W.I.

Oh, forgot about those. DLC chapters are banned. Renown is ok but I wont be abusing it.

how many turns does the Tactician/Peg Knight/Dark Flier path save compared to the Tactician/GM/Dark Flier route? I'm not aware of any situations before Ch 20 where Galeforce is necessary to cut turns (children Paralogues notwithstanding)

Edited by Redwall

how many turns does the Tactician/Peg Knight/Dark Flier path save compared to the Tactician/GM/Dark Flier route? I'm not aware of any situations before Ch 20 where Galeforce is necessary to cut turns (children Paralogues notwithstanding)

Having Galeforce by Chapter 16 means I can 1 turn that map. Same with Chapter 17. It also makes Yen'fay easier to 1 turn.

Rescue? Don't you mean the new Pair Up system? :awesome:

Also, I think it's cool you're putting a limit on yourself - No rigging - I don't like the kind of LTC that constantly bust their butts trying to achieve the absolute lowest turcount possible. Although I admit, Olwen's FE10 run was pretty damn cool (crazy).

I've done 16-18 in a single turn without Galeforce, though I wound up needing Rally Movement in 17. Galeforce probably saves some planning time, though, and having higher Lance rank might be nice.

Well, realistically, I wont have enough rescue chaining to pull that off. I know 18 is 1 turnable without it though, as ive done it with deliverer + a single rescue before in a draft.

I did 16 in 4 turns without Rescue or Galeforce (Deliverer Panne), so it's probably a 3 turn with rescue and a 2 turn with Galeforce (but so many bows man)

Toughest part of the game right here.

Need to name my Avatar. Any suggestions?

I expect you'll want 1-2 Sorcerers for the lategame rout maps. Avatar and/or Morgan are good candidates.

Im sure I wont need any Sorcerers. Never needed them. We'll see.

I've already named one of my past Avatars Marcia :P. But ill use the name again, wynaut

Shee-yuute, I dunno.

If not Marcia...

I like Ellie~

Edited by Elieson

Would some kids be useful to you, as well? Like, Laurent insta promoting to become a Rescuebot?

Morgan would definetely be useful. I might do his chapter for the naga tear anyway. As for the other kids, I doubt it. Seeing as doing their paralogues takes turns.

Uh, just one thing about the first post... Though you may not use Sumia later on, she can't pair up with Kellam. At least, speaking of the supports/better stats boosting. Sumia can only support with Chrom, Frederick, Gaius, and Henry.

Hey, where's Gaius here? D: Or is he not so good for LTC Hard mode?

Wow, I completely forgot about Sumia not support Kellam haha. Welp. Well, idk then, we'll see what happens.

[spoiler=First Update]

Female

Build 01

Face 02

Hair 02

Hair Color 16

Voice Female 1

Name Marcia

Asset Speed

Flaw Luck

Premonition: Invisible Ties

I take the time to turn off story voices because they annoy me.

Otherwise, not much of note happens except Validar is owned by the pair.

2 turns

MVP None

Prologue: The Verge of History

I start the chapter off by pairing Lissa with Frederick and Chrom pairs with

Marcia. Marcia attacks the nearby Myrmidon and Chrom gets a lucky Dual strike

that yields Marcia 45 exp. Fred moves forward. In the Enemy Phase, the Barbarian on the

right goes for Marcia and again Chrom dual strikes for a ORKO from the pair. Fred OHKOs

the other barbarian with Silver Lance. The mage moved closer. Turn 2, I have Marcia

use her Bronze Sword on the Wind mage, chrom doesnt get a dual strike so she takes 4 damage.

Surprisingly, she gets hp mag skl spd def and res. Usually my avatars get pretty terrible magic,

so maybe this is a sign that things might change? I have Fred move further up, towards the boss.

In this EP, the 2 myrmidons die to Fred's Silver Lance and the mage hurts Fred a bit.

I again have Marcia Bronze Sword the mage for a clean ORKO. Fred charges up and kills the boss.

3 Turns

MVP Lissa and Frederick

Unit		Class		Lv	HP	Str	Mag	Skl	Spd	Lck	Def	Res	Weapons
Chrom		Lord		1.15	20	7	1	8	8	5	7	1	Sword E
Marcia		Tactician	2.80	20	6	6	6	9	2	7	5	Sword E Tome E
Lissa		Cleric		1.00	17	1	5	4	4	8	3	4	Staff E
Frederick	Great Knight	1.50	28	13	2	12	10	6	14	3	Sword D Lance B Axe D

Chapter 1: Unwelcome Change

I have Marcia pair with Chrom and she attacks a Myrmidon with Thunder or a Merc w/e I get them mixed up.

In EP, Marcia gets attacked by a barbarian and the myrmidon, missing one of the hits on the barbarian.

She levels up and gets hp mag spd lck res. This is looking good :D. Oh and btw, she missed the mercenary

with another 80 something hit and Chrom dual striked for 10 damage :/. This slightly complicates things.

Sully and Virion arrive. I make Marcia retreat to the nearest fort and trade Chroms vulnerary to heal her.

Frederick Silver Lances a random enemy. I move Sully+Virion to the nearest fort. Lissa stays back again.

In EP, the first barbarian hits Marcia for 4 out of 19 hp at 50 hit. She KOs him back. The still-living Mercenary

hits her for 3 damage at 77 display hit and she responds with a kill and gets an hp spd level...

An Archer attacks her and is ORKO'd. Darn...she gets hit again by a 54 and takes 5 damage. Barely missing the ORKO on that one.

These enemies are hax, they hit her again at 52% and brought her down to 1 hp. Thankfully, Chrom doesnt dual strike so the merc

instead goes for Sully...whew that was close. You never know with this RNG :/. Marcia got D tomes.

Turn 3 I have Frederick attack the boss with Silver and bring him down to 12 hp. Sully kills one of the

barbarians and gets D lances. This also opens the way for Avatar to move and heal. I make sure she stays out of range of the myrmidon.

In EP, she kills the remaining barbarian and...sigh...gets an hp skl lck level...woohoo...Sully finishes the merc and

the boss goes for Marcia and dies. Getting Marcia an hp str mag skl spd level.

3 turns

MVP Marcia and Chrom

Chrom		Lord		1.20	20	7	1	8	8	5	7	1	Sword E
Marcia		Tactician	6.00	24	7	8	8	12	4	7	6	Sword E Tome D
Lissa		Cleric		1.00	17	1	5	4	4	8	3	4	Staff E
Frederick	Great Knight	1.66	28	13	2	12	10	6	14	3	Sword D Lance B Axe D
Virion		Archer		2.00	19	6	0	9	5	7	6	1	Bow D
Sully		Cavalier	2.70	20	7	1	8	8	6	7	2	Sword E Lance D

Chapter 2: Shepherds

Support Conversations get. I make Chrom and Avatar get C support. Lissa and Fred get C.

I have Vaike pair with Stahl and Stahl attacks a myrmidon on the left. Avatar+Chrom take down a barbarian with

Thunder and Dual Strike. Virion trades Sully the Elixir and pairs into Lissa.

Frederick pairs into Sully and Sully goes up. Lissa and Virion hide.

In the Enemy Phase, Stahl weakens 2 soldiers. The Merc dies to Avatar and some other enemies go for Sully.

She crits one of them at 1% crit haha. A soldier also died to her thanks to a Silver Lance dual strike.

She ends up getting hp skl lck res in her level and is left at 6 hp. Lissa gets her first heal in on Marcia.

Marcia trades bronze sword to frederick and then kills the remaining soldier that sully+fred didnt kill and

gets hp skl def...Stahl kills a soldier. Sully goes up and switches to Frederick.

Stahl gets another soldier kill in EP. Fred counters and kills a bunch of enemies and gets his first level

of Hp Str mag Spd def. Quite amazing. Lissa gets a heal in on Stahl. Fred uses Iron Lance on the boss.

Avatar goes up and unequips Chrom, then she attacks the remaining merc from 2 range and leaves him at 2 hp.

Stahl goes up and gets into range of the myrm and separates from Vaike. in EP, Fred finishes off the boss and

the merc goes for Stahl as planned. He gets hp str skl spd lck. :o Oh, also Fred got to A lances!

3 turns

MVP Frederick and Sully

Chrom		Lord		1.30	20	7	1	8	8	5	7	1	Sword E
Marcia		Tactician	7.15	25	7	8	9	12	4	8	6	Sword E Tome D
Lissa		Cleric		1.40	17	1	5	4	4	8	3	4	Staff E
Frederick	Great Knight	2.42	29	14	3	12	11	6	15	3	Sword D Lance A Axe D
Virion		Archer		2.00	19	6	0	9	5	7	6	1	Bow D
Sully		Cavalier	3.40	21	7	1	9	8	7	7	3	Sword E Lance D
Vaike		Fighter		3.00	base
Stahl		Cavalier	3.20	23	9	0	8	7	6	8	1	Sword D Lance E
Miriel		Mage		1.00	base

There's technically a way to 2 turn both Chapter 1 and Chapter 2, but requires massive bullshit.