FE13 Supports Workshop

VincentASM

This thread is meant to help wiki editors with the task of copying the FE13 support conversations to SF's wiki.

Want to help?

Please PM me and I'll set up an account on the wiki for you.

I'm sure you know this already, but the support conversations are being transcribed by helpful members here.

I'd help out, but I'm busy working on other content plus I won't have the game until 19th April.

New to editing?

First things first, if you're unfamiliar with editing wikis, please refer to this page--in particular the "How to start a new page" section and the "Cheat sheet" at the very bottom.

Editing is pretty straightforward; if you're familiar with making posts on this forum, you should be able to pick things up quickly.

You can use this test page if you want to mess around and get familiar with the wiki syntax.

The current state of affairs

You can find the support front page here.

At the moment, only Avatar (M), Avatar (F), Chrom, Lissa and Vaike have working pages. I'll add the rest later.

To create a new page, just click on an existing red link.

Red links are pages that don't exist yet, while green links are pages that do. Generally, green link pages are complete pages, but they aren't always--you'll just have to click them to see ^^

Instructions

The standard format for a support page is pretty straightforward.

This page is an example of a standard page.

Please use

==C Support==

and etc. to separate different support level conversations.

The names of the speakers should be bolded using

'''Name''':

or

<b>Name</b>:

Finally, there should be a space between each character's lines. This can be done using two linebreaks in a row:

<br><br>

Also, character's lines should flow continuously eg.

Chrom:
Yo guys, what's up?

and not

Chrom:
You guys,
what's up?

However you don't have to follow this.

For reference, the wiki may break up lines automatically when you enter the editor. Don't worry about this: the wiki ignores all line breaks unless you add them in with <br>.

Sorry for all the rules X D

Tips

If somebody's already properly formatted (or half-formatted) their conversation on the forums already, you can save yourself some time formatting by clicking on "View Selection Source" when highlighting the text you're copying. Then copy the code you see.

Eg.

<br>
<b>Robin</b>:<br>
Bonds? Between who?<br>
<br>
<b>Chrom</b>:<br>
You and me. Me and the others. The villagers we've met, the world
we've seen... Such bonds are the true strength of this army. Without
them, we're lost. Others may disagree, but that's one benefit of
leadership: I make the final call.

This is perfect!

When you have lots of formatting to do, I recommend using "Find and Replace" in any good text editor.

You can do stuff like replace "Name:" with "<b>Name</b>:" to bold each speaker's name.

If the text is formatted like this:

Chrom: Yo dude!

You can replace "Chrom: " with "<b>Chrom</b>:<br>" to bold Chrom's name and move "Yo dude!" to the next line.

Other

Any questions? Need help? Feel free to enquire here!

Edited by VincentASM

I've been wondering, when there's stuff like *X appears/disappears* should it be kept, or should I just toss them out?

And Click, I'd just grab a few and do them, instead of worrying about claims and stuff.

Edited by Kon

And Click, I'd just grab a few and do them, instead of worrying about claims and stuff.

Oh I see! Oh yeah, should we stick with Avatar or Robin? Chrom and Kjelle (just added) for male avatar is Robin but the rest seems to be Avatar errr..

Umm... let's go with Avatar, to avoid confusion.

Okay, changed Robin to Avatar for Chrom and Kjelle.

Hmmm, are we adding in the voice clips and the confession images? Like

(Credit to shadowofchaos for the picture.)

kjelle.png

CG: With you at my side, I feel as strong as newly forged steel. I...I adore you.

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/fn92836buz1jewo/kjelle.mp3

If so, how do we adding the voice clips in? huh.gif

Edited by Click

Umm... let's go with Avatar, to avoid confusion.

sorry to butt in given I'm not an editor on this thing, but given the main story and DLC scripts use Robin to refer to the Avatar, perhaps it would be more advisable to maintain the pattern and also use Robin? if worst comes to worst, every relevant conversation or the index could just be prefaced with a disclaimer indicating the page's use of Robin as the Avatar's name, similar to what's done for the tactician in the FE7 script section

sorry for the interruption

Not a problem~ I've been mulling it over and I agree, it probably would be better to use Robin instead of Avatar, since it's the default name and junk.

I'm not sure, I don't think we have all of the voice clips to do that...

We can grab all the females from JustOneGamr (at least that is how I grabbed Kjelle's confessions), he is slowly collecting all the males anyway too~

sorry to butt in given I'm not an editor on this thing, but given the main story and DLC scripts use Robin to refer to the Avatar, perhaps it would be more advisable to maintain the pattern and also use Robin? if worst comes to worst, every relevant conversation or the index could just be prefaced with a disclaimer indicating the page's use of Robin as the Avatar's name, similar to what's done for the tactician in the FE7 script section

sorry for the interruption

Okay changed them all back to Robin cry.gifbut it's okay I prefer robin over avatar anytime.

We can grab all the females from JustOneGamr (at least that is how I grabbed Kjelle's confessions), he is slowly collecting all the males anyway too~

Okay changed them all back to Robin cry.gifbut it's okay I prefer robin over avatar anytime.

How were you able to grab the voice clips only (like without video) anyway? And the existing pages don't have it... or you plan or adding them onto the existing pages too?

I've been wondering, when there's stuff like *X appears/disappears* should it be kept, or should I just toss them out?

I'd probably omit them since there's bound to be some supports with loads of them.

However it's up to you ^^

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it too much at this stage.

So long as you mention what you're planning to do in advance, I think you'll be safe : )

How were you able to grab the voice clips only (like without video) anyway? And the existing pages don't have it... or you plan or adding them onto the existing pages too?

I can use a program to extact the confession audio (also it doesnt have any background noise so it's great). The problem is that I don't know how to add mp3 to the wiki?

Oh I see! Oh yeah, should we stick with Avatar or Robin? Chrom and Kjelle (just added) for male avatar is Robin but the rest seems to be Avatar errr..

I personally stuck with Robin since I saw the other pages using Robin..... I mostly did the Chrom supports.

Edited by Cordelia

Hey, how's everyone doing?

I've been slowly adding the character front pages and I'm up to Olivia at the moment.

BTW, is the page navigation okay? I admit it can be a bit confusing.

Do you prefer the navigation for Avatar(M) or Avatar(F) (and the other pages)?

Hey, how's everyone doing?

I've been slowly adding the character front pages and I'm up to Olivia at the moment.

BTW, is the page navigation okay? I admit it can be a bit confusing.

Do you prefer the navigation for Avatar(M) or Avatar(F) (and the other pages)?

Getting the hang of things, I think... for the most part, haha.

Oh, that's what happened... thought something else. Hmm, I think both are good but it's kinda hard to test with just one page? If you mean by choosing which page is easier to navigate. But I think I could like Avatar (M) for convenience's sake, even if I got used to Avatar(F)'s.

Edited by Cordelia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...