How do I kill the black Knight

Okay so Ike and Zelgius agreed to fight one lives and one is dead and I am freakin scared out of heck like what matters in this part? Strength health skills? What sucks is that there is a barrier that my other units can't help. And the internet isn't very specific so how did you peeps handle it?

Hammertime him with Ike. Ike wants Nihill so he doesn't eat an Eclipse. Just keep everyone else alive, and go for the Wishblade on Levail if you want it badly enough.

And unless you use Parity, don't forget to let the Black Knight move! Don't just run up to him and try to kill him on a cover tile. He gets +10 def. Let Ike sit on his cover tile and have the BK come to you. This may or may not seem obvious to you, as some people always pay attention to terrain and some people are surprised when Ike does crap damage to BK on a cover and wonder why.

Stand on a cover space and wait, he's very simple that way. If you're Ike is 20/20 or at least 20/16 you have almost no chance of losing. Unlike in Path of Radiance.

As I recall, I had gotten the maximum support level between Ike and Oscar, giving Ike super-duper evasion (+15?). So I parked Ike on a defensive (or maybe evasion?) tile on one side of the barrier, and Oscar right next to him on the opposite side. The BK landed a hit maybe once during the whole battle.

As the other guys have said, it's not too hard. Make sure Ike has nihil so the Black Knight doesn't activate eclipse, don't move Ike off his cover tile and pack a healing item and you'll have no problem with Ike; the bigger problem is the army on the other side of the wall and the very shiny and appealing lance in Levail's hands. Ragnell is handy but if you give Ike a hammer you can win the battle in maybe one turn. Like I said, don't worry about Ike, the other army is a much bigger problem.

Can't Ike just use a hammer since The Black knight's armour is no longer blessed

he's a real problem if you were trying to beat the Fe9 version of black knight (still haven't beat that version) but the fe10 version is easy.

Edited by Grimaslayer

• 3 weeks later...

If you're standing on the cover tile, the BK won't be, so you'll have the advantage. Just have Ike use a Vulnerary/Concoction if he needs it.

An enemy in chapter 1-6-1 drops a hammer, and you can buy one in the shop in chapter 2-3

What if BK comes up to me?

You'll fight him, because that's what you're supposed to do. It's really not as hard as you seem to think it is if you have a well-leveled Ike. If you have a Hammer, use it, but if not, you can't get one now, so just use Ragnell and make sure Ike is equipped with Nihil. If you don't have a Nihil, well, start praying.

You'll fight him, because that's what you're supposed to do. It's really not as hard as you seem to think it is if you have a well-leveled Ike. If you have a Hammer, use it, but if not, you can't get one now, so just use Ragnell and make sure Ike is equipped with Nihil. If you don't have a Nihil, well, start praying.

wut

you'd have to go out of your way to get rid of the Nihil that he gets after promotion

Not really. Ike promotes at the beginning of Part 4, IIRC, and gains the Nihil. You could just give that Nihil to someone else, and leave all the people with Nihil outside the Tower. That wouldn't really be smart or ideal at all, but it's possible.

Edited by Donatello Hamato

Not really. Ike promotes at the beginning of Part 4, IIRC, and gains the Nihil. You could just give that Nihil to someone else, and leave all the people with Nihil outside the Tower. That wouldn't really be smart or ideal at all, but it's possible.

problem with this is since nobody is seriously going to use Nihil in the part 4 rout maps, they should be in the convoy

like I said, you have to actively screw yourself over to miss it

• 3 weeks later...

Lol, honestly, Radiant Dawn's Ike vs Black Knight fight is nearly impossible to lose. By that time, Ike will most definitely x2 the Black Knight, and if you have Nihil, it's pretty much a constant trade of 2 for 1, resulting in the Black Knight losing. In fact, I recall running away from the Black Knight so my team could finish of every enemy unit.

Edited by Albafika