Yay Awakening playlog time

Florete

Difficulty: Lunatic Classic. Normally I'd play Casual for mid-battle saving and just make a personal rule that no one is allowed to die (the way I usually play), but I want to unlock Lunatic+ Classic even though I'll never play it and I might as well be as hardcore as possible for a playlog, right?

Goals: Play every main-story map, including every Paralogue, with no one dying and at a reasonable pace. All characters must be recruited (fucking Donnel God dammit). This is no "LTC" run, but I won't fuck around/turtle(unless absolutely necessary)/farm reinforcements, etc. (Who the hell would risk farming reinforcements in Lunatic Classic anyway?)

Paralogues will be done at the level-appropriate time (approximately). This means: Immediately for 1-4 and 17-23 (in numerical order), and when the enemy levels are the same in the child Paralogues as they are in the upcoming chapter. I'm not sure what that order is now, but I'll be keeping a lookout.

The reason YOU should follow this log doesn't exist is so you can watch some empirical Lunatic mode logging since most playlogs are done on Hard (weaklings). You also want to see how far into the game Frederick can keep up.

Rules: No grinding, so no Outrealm Gate or Skirmishes. The only exception is to pair off the unused mothers so I can visit all the child Paralogues, but I otherwise will not be using those parents nor any particularly notable items I get while grinding them.

Everything else, including Rescue, Second Seals, Nosferatu, items from Event Tiles, Barracks, Anna Shops, Bonus Box, and Renown (got something like 6000), etc. is allowed. The only thing I might have considered disallowing is event tile/barrack/anna items for being random, but...well, ask for justification if you so wish.

Intended team/pairs:
Fox x Chrom
Sumia x Frederick
Panne x Gaius
Lucina x Morgan
Anna x Tiki
Lissa x Libra (staff utility)

I may need to grind Lissa x Libra out to get Owain's map in time, but it shouldn't make any noticeable difference.

Olivia will be thrown in at times, but never with her marriage partner (Lon'qu), and her combat will always suck so I don't care if the support grinding gives her some stats (but it didn't).

Kicks the first person to ask who Fox is.

Fox is female (duh), +Mag/-Skl, birthday Oct 2. You know, just like me. Cuz she's my Avatar. And stuff.

Prologue - Par 7/Ch 14:

Prologue: 10/10

Had Frederick paired with Fox pick off the early Myrms and weaken the Fighter so Fox or Chrom could kill. Teamed up for a kill on the Mage with Chrom and Fox. Drew in the next set with Frederick and had him tank them, killing one Myrmidon, a Mage, and a Fighter due to Fox joining in on the last. Cleaned up, then Fox tanked the boss with everyone around her to ensure no crit. I would have cut a turn if Chrom could have done one more damage or if Fox had one more Speed (which would have allowed me to transfer Fred to Chrom for the extra damage then survive the boss attack herself) to avoid being doubled alone.

Oh well.

Unit        Class        Lv    HP    Str    Mag    Skl    Spd    Lck    Def    Res    Weapon
Fox        Tactician    4    22    7    10    5    7    5    7    5    E Sword, E Tome
Chrom        Lord        1    20    7    1    8    8    5    7    1    E Sword
Frederick    Great Knight    1    28    13    2    12    10    6    14    3    D Sword, B Lance, D Axe
Lissa        Cleric        1    17    1    5    4    4    8    3    4    E Staff

Ch 1: 6/16

Frederick and Fox on the northern fort, Chrom south. Chrom, Sully, and Virion ended up tanking out a bit on the east side of the map until those enemies were cleared. When just the boss was left, Frederick gave him a big smacking and then the others all ganged up for a kill.

This chapter required a lot of resets.

Unit        Class        Lv    HP    Str    Mag    Skl    Spd    Lck    Def    Res    Weapon
Fox        Tactician    5    23    8    11    5    8    6    7    6    E Sword, E Tome
Chrom        Lord        3    21    9    1    10    10    7    7    2    D Sword
Frederick    Great Knight    2    29    14    2    13    10    6    15    4    D Sword, B Lance, D Axe
Lissa        Cleric        2    17    1    6    5    5    8    3    4    E Staff

Ch 2: 10/26

That One Chapter. This one also required a lot of resets.

Yeah, we know this chapter. So after transferring the Elixir to Fred, I had him Pair with Sully, who moved to some bushes and switched so Fred could take the enemies. One stray Myrm went for the rest of the group, but he was easily dispatched by my rangers. Fred needed a bit of dodging to live, but it worked out in the end. Then once again, Fred drew in the remaining enemies and parked on one of the northern Forts until it was safe for Avatar/Chrom to join in for some kills before the boss died.

I ended up dropping a Vulnerary because Fred packed on too much. Oh well.

Nothing good from Event tiles yet. Innes Bow. Woo.

My turns are probably not that great, but I don't know where I could have realistically cut any without taking big risks. Fred has been doing a lot.

Unit        Class        Lv    HP    Str    Mag    Skl    Spd    Lck    Def    Res    Weapon            Support        Skills
Fox        Tactician    7    25    9    13    5    8    6    9    6    E Sword, D Tome        C Frederick    Veteran
Chrom        Lord        4    22    10    1    11    10    8    8    2    D Sword            C Lissa        Dual Strike+
Frederick    Great Knight    3    30    15    3    14    11    7    15    5    D Sword, A Lance, D Axe    C Fox        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter
Lissa        Cleric        3    18    1    7    6    5    9    3    4    E Staff            C Chrom        Miracle

Ch 3: 10/36

This actually wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Only took me a couple tries, but I might have been able to move faster.

Fred weakened the western enemies and we finished them off on turn 2. Same idea when the eastern enemies caught up. Fox opened the door and Fred again took the beatings, but with fewer kills than the previous chapter, to ensure everyone lived. Then Hammer time on the boss.

Dual Strike+ is pretty cool. It saved me from a few chancy operations by getting unexpected kills. I must admit I actually did get a bit lucky in this map; Fox's life was saved by a dual guard from Chrom and Sully joined in with Fred to kill a Myrm that I really needed dead.

Unit        Class        Lv    HP    Str    Mag    Skl    Spd    Lck    Def    Res    Weapon            Support        Skills
Fox        Tactician    8    26    10    13    6    8    7    10    7    E Sword, D Tome        C Chrom, C Fred    Veteran
Chrom        Lord        4    22    10    1    11    10    8    8    2    D Sword            C Lissa, C Fox    Dual Strike+
Frederick    Great Knight    Forgotten, somehow...
Lissa        Cleric        4    19    2    8    6    5    10    3    4    D Staff            C Chrom        Miracle
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    2    19    7    3    12    12    8    5    8    D Lance                    Spd +2

Par 1: 18/54

I know, I know, awful turn count. But either I'm really bad, or God damn, this map is too brutal. Forget Donnel, hardly anyone could survive a single round of combat here. Archers have 11 Spd and 22 atk and Brigands have 11 Spd and 24-28 Atk, Thieves have 19 Spd to double everyone and be hard to hit, half the Brigands have Short Axes (and one has a Hammer!)...Jesus, please save me.

Str Tonics for Chrom and Sumia, Def Tonics for Fred and Fox.

Had to have Sumia fly Fred to that chokepoint a little north of the starting position to block off some enemies there and draw away the archer. Fox/Kellam (she needed his Def to survive two rounds) grabbed enemies south while Chrom/Virion took the Bandit and Thief from the north. Bushes saved me, not for their defensive boosts, but for keeping certain enemies away long enough. When it came to the middle-ish portion, there was a lot of Fred/Chrom/Fox tanking. I brought Miriel along for range attacking, but there were too many Bows and Short Axes for her to do much. It doesn't really matter, though, because no one I didn't deploy could survive a round anyway.

Donnel didn't do a thing until later when the only enemies left were the ones who only moved when in range. And he only killed Archers.

I missed the Killer Lance (couldn't push through fast enough), which really sucks, but I got the Rescue.

I also looked ahead at Ch 4 and although the enemies are a higher level (lv 5 vs 4), it seems like their stats are slightly worse.

Fox        Tactician    11    28    11    15    6    10    8    10    9    D Sword, C Tome        C Chrom/Fred    Veteran, Solidarity
Chrom        Lord        6    24    12    2    12    12    10    9    2    C Sword            C Lissa/Fox    Dual Strike+
Frederick    Great Knight    6    33    16    3    16    11    9    17    7    D Sword, A Lance, C Axe    C Fox        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Cleric        6    20    2    10    8    6    10    3    6    D Staff            C Chrom        Miracle
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    3    19    7    3    12    13    8    5    8    D Lance                    Spd +2

Ch 4: 4/58

Dropped a Secret Book on Fox.

Oh man, this felt soooo much better after that painful Paralogue 1.

A Str Tonic on Sumia meant Sigurd Lance!Fred + Beast Killer!Sumia could take down Marth exactly. Fox and Chrom went back-to-back on the Fighters, finishing them on turn 2 while Fred took out a Mage, putting him in position to ORKO a Knight. On turn 3 Chrom and Fox took out the remaining mage while Fred used Orsin's Hatchet to start on a Short Axe Fighter, finishing him on enemy phase and weakening the remaining Knight for Sumia to kill. Chrom paired up with Fox, giving her just enough Spd to double and she had just enough Mag to ORKO the remaining Fighter (Chrom joined in anyway, though).

Also worth mentioning, Marth would normally have doubled Fred for something like 7x2 damage (I didn't actually check), which would have been pretty substantial, but I paired him with Sully to remove the double and bring the damage down to a mere 5. That helped to keep him alive and allow Sumia to get the kill while Fred was still active.

Fox        Tactician    11    28    11    15    8    10    8    10    9    D Sword, C Tome        B Chrom, C Fred    Veteran, Solidarity
Chrom        Lord        7    25    13    2    13    13    11    9    2    C Sword            B Fox, C Lissa    Dual Strike+
Frederick    Great Knight    6    33    16    3    16    11    9    17    7    D Sword, A Lance, C Axe    C Fox        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Cleric        7    21    3    11    8    7    11    3    7    C Staff            C Chrom        Miracle
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    4    20    8    3    13    13    9    5    8    D Lance                    Spd +2

Barracks are now unlocked and I didn't get anything noteworthy there, but I did get a Steel Sword, Elfire, and Wyrmslayer from an Anna shop. Perfect timing on that last one, really. Although all three are readily available from Bonus Box teams anyway.

Ch 5: 12/70

Str and Def Tonics all around.

Interestingly, I beat this without a single reset. However, I believe I got extremely lucky when, to save Maribelle, Lissa dodged both a Wyvern and Brigand attack, either of which would have killed her. My mouth was literally hung open when it happened. She was in bushes and paired with Lon'qu, but still...

Anyway, the Volant Axe made short work of the initial Wyvern + magic doods threat. Fox!Chrom made short work of the Brigands and Myrm to the south on enemy phase, then stuck around for reinforcements while Sumia!Fred parked on the fort with an Iron Sword to take the Wyvern onslaught, rarely being in any danger. Really, once Maribelle and Ricken were moved to safety, it wasn't all that difficult. I didn't even use the Wyrmslayer I bought.

It should have been one turn less, but Chrom got hit by Nosferatu and didn't get a dual attack from Fox, leaving that guy alive for Fred to kill, and then he missed the remaining Myrm on enemy phase. Luckily I was able to get him to level 10 safely by having him attack the Myrm (who would have killed him up close should he miss again) with the Levin Sword.

Chrom's and Sumia's levels were pretty good, but Fox's and Fred's...weren't.

Fox        Tactician    12    28    11    16    9    10    8    10    10    D Sword, C Tome        B Chrom, C Fred    Veteran, Solidarity
Chrom        Lord        10    28    16    2    13    16    13    11    3    C Sword            B Fox, C Lissa    Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    8    35    17    3    16    12    10    17    7    C Sword, A Lance, B Axe    C Sumia, C Fox    Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Cleric        7    21    3    11    8    7    11    3    7    C Staff            C Chrom        Miracle
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    6    21    9    4    14    14    11    5    10    C Lance            C Fred        Spd +2

Thanks for the Shockstick, Maribelle. Happy Birthday.

Ch 6: 7/77

Yes, I'm already straying a bit and going for Ch 6 before Par 2. Reasons:
- Gaius and Panne are my last intended team members for a few maps and are both recruited here.
- The enemy levels in both are the same, but the enemies in Par 2 are more numerous and stronger. Similar atk power, but enemies in the Paralogue are faster, with Bandits having 12 Spd vs 9 Spd in Ch 6.

Blew some money on a Second Seal, Master Seal, and Arms Scroll courtesy of Anna. See, the reason I find this okay even in a log like this is because I literally always get at least one of each Seal from Anna (Arms Scroll is rarer, but not particularly uncommon). I understand that people sometimes disallow them to make the run as non-luck based and repeatable as possible, but it ends up not being very accurate because these things will happen in a standard run. However, if/when I find something super rare that makes a large impact on the run, I'll let you all know.

This one took some precision. I had Fox with a Lon'qu boost and Maribelle for healing clear out enemies to the east. Chrom with Sully (they have a C support) recruited Gaius and did his best taking out enemies in that general area, aided by Panne and Gaius when they were able. Sumia!Fred choked near Lucina, and everyone ganged up on Validar when he arrived. Sumia's only kill, aside from dual attacking, was Validar. Lol.

Noble Rapier was a pretty big help, as it OHKOd Cavaliers. The Dark Mages in this are really digusting, though, as a few have Nosferatu and they generally have pretty good defense.

I did manage to get the Secret Book.

Fox        Tactician    14    30    12    16    9    12    10    10    11    D Sword, C Tome        A Chrom, C Fred    Veteran, Solidarity
Chrom        Lord        11    28    17    2    13    16    13    12    3    B Sword            A Fox, C Lissa    Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    10    37    17    3    17    12    10    19    7    B Sword, A Lance, A Axe    C Sumia, C Fox    Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Cleric        8    21    3    11    8    7    11    4    7    C Staff            C Chrom        Miracle
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    7    22    10    4    15    15    11    5    10    C Lance            C Fred        Spd +2
Panne        Taguel        Base
Gaius        Thief        Base

Par 2: 7/85

This was...easier than I thought it would be? Probably because I didn't need to have a multi-front battle, enabling me to use my good pairs. It only took one try.

Sumia flew Fred over the river to take out a Mage and some Brigands on enemy phase, but a few run by, heading for the village. Anna handles things as one might expect, and Fred was over in time to save her and the village.

Chrom!Fox handled the enemies immediately north pretty cleanly, then ran over and killed the boss and his minions (thank you, Celica's Gale). They got an unlucky miss on one of the Archers early on, but Lon'qu was around to pick him off.

Gaius could be OHKOd by Brigands...putting him on the team may not have been a good idea.

Fox        Tactician    17    33    14    19    9    13    12    11    11    D Sword, B Tome        A Chrom, C Fred    Veteran, Solidarity
Chrom        Lord        11    28    17    2    13    16    13    12    3    B Sword            A Fox, C Lissa    Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    10    37    17    3    17    12    10    19    7    B Sword, A Lance, A Axe    B Sumia, C Fox    Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Cleric        9    22    3    12    8    8    12    4    8    C Staff            C Chrom        Miracle
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    8    23    10    4    16    16    11    5    11    C Lance            B Fred        Spd +2
Panne        Taguel        7    29    9    1    10    10    9    7    3    Stone                    Even Rhythm

Ch 7: 5/90

Things are getting easier what with Fox x Chrom building and Fox getting...good. Panne and Gaius are still having a bit of a difficult time, though. Gaius hasn't been able to nab a kill anywhere yet.

Chrom/Fox actually did most of the tanking in this one, with Fred/Sumia taking some leftovers. One stray Wyvern was taken out by Lon'qu and Gaius!Panne.

Not much else to say. This map is a pretty straight shot and I cleared it before the reinforcements could arrive.

Fox        Tactician    19    35    15    20    10    15    14    11    12    D Sword, B Tome        A Chrom, C Fred    Veteran, Solidarity
Chrom        Lord        13    29    18    2    14    16    14    13    4    B Sword            A Fox, C Lissa    Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    10    37    17    3    17    12    10    19    7    B Sword, A Lance, A Axe    B Sumia, C Fox    Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Cleric        9    22    3    12    8    8    12    4    8    C Staff            C Chrom        Miracle
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    9    24    10    4    17    17    11    6    11    B Lance            B Fred        Spd +2
Panne        Taguel        7    29    9    1    10    10    9    7    3    Stone                    Even Rhythm

Par 3: 7/97

Yay, Chrom proposed to me \'o'/! I mean, uh...to Fox! Yay! All that FHOOOOing and HAAAAAAAing. And is it just me, or has Chrom apparently loved every girl he can potentially marry since he basically met them (except Sully)?

Forged some MT on Gaius' Sword because fuck you need to damage stuff.

This map could have been 6, but an unlucky miss pushed it to 7. Oh well, my levels were largely on the good side.

I promoted Fox and sent her with Chrom to duo everything. S Support works wonders and they have easily surpassed Fred as my main frontline unit. Sumia flew Fred west to kill the Archer, a Fighter, and two Pegs while Panne and Gaius stuck around at the start area to do what they could (not much).

Chrom and Fox eventually went for the boss area while the rest went south west. I had to use the Rescue staff to save the last remaining villager, but oh well, it's buyable later.

Yeah, I know I wouldn't normally be able to promote anyone at this point in the game without Anna shops, but prior to this map I have already seen two available. And I've only been playing this run for a day or two now.

Fox        Grandmaster    3    40    20    25    12    19    14    14    15    D Sword, B Tome        S Chrom, C Fred    Veteran, Solidarity
Chrom        Lord        14    30    19    3    14    17    15    14    4    B Sword            S Fox, C Lissa    Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    11    38    18    3    17    13    11    19    7    B Sword, A Lance, A Axe    A Sumia, C Fox    Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Cleric        10    22    4    12    9    9    12    4    8    C Staff            C Chrom        Miracle
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    9    24    10    4    17    17    11    6    11    B Lance            A Fred        Spd +2
Panne        Taguel        8    30    10    1    11    11    9    8    4    Stone            C Gaius        Even Rhythm
Gaius        Thief        6    23    7    0    13    15    7    6    3    D Sword            C Panne        Locktouch

Ch 8: 6/103

Started by flying Fred!Sumia over and hitting some enemies up with a Javelin. Panne!Gaius stuck behind for that annoying Fighter and Chrom!Fox charged straight south.

On the second turn I had Fred and Sumia switch since she'd been hit pretty hard, and on the third turn he got the Master Seal. They doubled back to get the remaining Fighter. Nowi with Gregor actually picked off a Cavalier they missed.

Chrom and Fox duo'd the middle, with Chrom getting in on some of the action. Around turn 3 I actually made a fatal miscalculation by putting Lissa in range of a Cavalier that could OHKO her at 94 Hit, but she was saved by a Dual Guard from Maribelle. Phew. When done there, they charged the boss.

Cordelia got the Rescue on turn 2, then flew down to get the Second Seal. What sucks here is that, in order to stay away from range of the enemies, she must be one space away from being in range of the Second Seal village, and I put her in a position such that she was in Desert and transferring Gaius to her was hard. Panne and Nowi were both one space away, but transferring Gaius to Nowi first gave her the necessary Move to transfer Gaius to Cordelia and nab the Second Seal without losing a turn.

Gaius and Panne are not getting enough action...Am I overusing Fox?

Fox        Grandmaster    5    42    21    27    13    20    15    14    16    D Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis
Chrom        Lord        15    31    20    3    14    17    16    15    4    A Sword            S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    12    40    19    3    17    13    11    19    7    A Sword, A Lance, A Axe    A Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Troubadour    1    22    4    12    9    10    12    4    7    B Staff                    Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    11    26    10    4    17    19    12    7    12    B Lance            A Fred        Spd +2, Relief
Panne        Taguel        8    30    10    1    11    11    9    8    4    Stone            C Gaius        Even Rhythm
Gaius        Thief        6    23    7    0    13    15    7    6    3    C Sword            C Panne        Locktouch

Ch 9: 5/108

Not simple to do 5 turns recruiting both Libra and Tharja, but reinforcements would take time and risk if I allowed another turn to pass.

Sumia flew down with Fred, getting a Wyvern on turn 1 and taking some enemies on enemy phase. She switched with Fred after taking hits so he could get to work on the enemies attacking Libra.

Chrom joined Fox and they started slaughtering. By the second turn they were already attracting enemies nearer the front of the building. On turn 3 I switched with Chrom and moved him to a Fort so Libra would be able to talk to Chrom and recruit himself. Fred also switched with Sumia for one final kill in the area and to prepare to take out the remaining Archer on the coming phase.

When Chrom then recruited Tharja, he transferred Fox to her and she dropped Fox close enough to the boss so Chrom!Fox could hit him up with some Celica's Gale. I almost had Chrom use the Noble Rapier on him, but I didn't want to risk getting fucked over by Pavise and lack of dual triggers despite the 78% dual attack rate.

Gaius and Panne got to pick off a couple straggling soldiers near the starting area.

Fox        Grandmaster    7    44    21    27    15    21    17    14    16    D Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis
Chrom        Lord        16    32    20    3    14    18    17    15    5    A Sword            S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    12    40    19    3    17    13    11    19    7    A Sword, A Lance, A Axe    S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Troubadour    2    22    5    13    9    10    13    4    8    B Staff                    Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    12    27    10    4    18    20    13    7    13    B Lance            S Fred        Spd +2, Relief
Panne        Taguel        9    31    10    2    12    11    9    9    4    Stone            B Gaius        Even Rhythm
Gaius        Thief        6    23    7    0    13    15    7    6    3    C Sword            B Panne        Locktouch
Libra        War Monk    Base

Par 4: 7/115

It was just a test run, but it worked out well, so I took it!

Had Fred and Sumia start things off west. Fox killed the Myrm in Chrom's immediate path so he could get moving to Anna. Gaius opened the front door to let Libra in.

Anna can actually reasonably die on the first enemy phase. How annoying. Libra also got knocked down pretty low.

Recruited Anna and had her, Sumia, and Chrom kill some enemies in the vicinity. Libra and Gaius had to bail a bit so as not to get murdered; Fox took the remaining enemies over there instead.

Anna got a lucky crit on the Thief, but I did have a backup plan. Fox got transferred to Chrom and on the next turn they wiped out the boss area while Anna opened a chest. Since the remaining enemies were a bit scattered and a couple had range, I didn't bother trying to take them all out in one more turn, so I set up to get rid of a few and be ready to get all the chests, which I managed to do. Sumia then finished things off.

Gaius got the more southern chest. Meh.

Fox        Grandmaster    10    47    24    30    17    23    19    14    16    D Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis
Chrom        Lord        17    32    21    3    15    18    18    15    5    A Sword            S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    13    41    19    4    18    14    11    19    7    A Sword, A Lance, A Axe    S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Troubadour    3    23    5    14    9    11    14    4    9    B Staff                    Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    14    28    11    4    19    21    14    7    14    A Lance            S Fred        Spd +2, Relief
Panne        Taguel        9    31    10    2    12    11    9    9    4    Stone            B Gaius        Even Rhythm
Gaius        Thief        7    24    8    0    14    16    8    6    3    C Sword            B Panne        Locktouch

Ch 10: 5/120

I'll preface by saying: I got extremely lucky in this chapter. In the first enemy phase, Sumia dodged two Wyverns with 64% hit on her, which didn't matter then, but allowed me to swith out to her later for doubling prowess...and even then she was nearly killed but not for a dual guard from Fred.

But that's not all. On turn 2 enemy phase Libra got immediately knocked down to about 17 HP, then proceeded to dodge or get dual guarded (by Lon'qu) for 4 attacks that could have killed him, all with >50% hit chances, killing the two that didn't attack with range in return.

In general, I got a lot of dodges in this map. I don't know what Fox's chance to die was, but I don't think she was ever hit despite often seeing 30-50% hit rates. I also got pretty good level ups in general. As Gaius would say: Sweet.

Anyway...Chrom and Fox immediately headed west, handling whatever came to them, trying to break through to the Thieves (in the end, they didn't kill any). Sumia took Fred and headed straight north for some luck mentioned above, then literally proceeded to kill one Thief per turn until the end. And the last one, with the Seraph Robe, was next to the boss by that point. Fred having A Sword/Lance/Axe is damn helpful when you've got Vengeance and Sigurd's Lance at your disposal. The latter was particularly useful for OHKOing the third Thief, eliminating chance based on hitting (Vengeance) or dual attack triggering. Also, one more level and I re-class him.

Gaius/Panne and Kellam!Anna headed north. Wyrmslayer helped both of them, as one time I actually had Gaius take it from Anna for a well-positioned Wyvern kill before she killed a Brigand. Panne got to 10 and actually re-classed mid-map (though this wasn't important in the end). They still didn't do a whole lot, but they got more combat in here than they have previously. Maribelle was also around to help with healing.

Libra took Lon'qu to help out an unexpected amount behind Fox and Chrom, sticking behind when those two went on to deal with the rangers.

Everyone got some good action this time around. Well, except Chrom, who only killed the boss.

Oh, also, throwing Anna in because she's fucking Anna. I might do some Anna x Tiki.

Fox        Grandmaster    11    48    25    30    17    24    19    14    17    D Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis
Chrom        Lord        17    32    21    3    15    18    18    15    5    A Sword            S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    14    42    20    4    19    14    12    19    8    A Sword, A Lance, A Axe    S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Troubadour    4    24    5    14    10    11    15    5    10    B Staff                    Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    16    30    13    3    20    23    16    9    15    A Lance            S Fred        Spd +2, Relief
Panne        Wyvern Rider    1    33    16    2    15    12    9    15    3    E Axe            B Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2
Gaius        Thief        8    25    9    0    14    17    9    6    4    C Sword            B Panne        Locktouch
Libra        War Monk    2    41    16    16    14    15    12    13    17    C Axe, C Staff                Healtouch, Miracle
Anna        Trickster    2    38    13    18    24    23    28    9    12    C Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch

Ch 11: 5/125

4 would have been possible with some luck (more than I already used), or maybe a different setup, but this isn't the kind of run where I want to reset for one turn when everything has gone well. And everything went fairly well.

My goal was to kill Gangrel by turn 3 player phase so no reinforcements would show up. This is one of those odd cases where going faster can actually make things easier because the reinforcements will end up being a real pain. I put Fred and Sumia at the westernmost squares, had Chrom and Fox join up with each, then had Fred drop Fox in range of a Mercenary and had Sumia give Chrom to Fox. This put Fox in a position close enough to reach the Fort by turn 2, which Gangrel would attack.

On the other side, I put Libra in range of the Mage and Sage and had Lissa give him some Ward. The Mages ended up not being a big deal, but that Sage is a real pain. I ended up using Sumia's S rank with Fred and doubling to increase my chances of him getting in on the action, then Danced her so she could switch and be safe from the Arcwind while Fred cleaned up mages on enemy phase. Panne's Def and Str boosts allowed Gaius to both survive and kill the Wyverns. Really, despite still having few levels, Panne's re-class and their A support is helping them quite a lot.

Gangrel wasn't defeated on turn 2 enemy phase after Chrom's dual attack missed. I tried on turn 3 and Fox hit...but Chrom didn't join in. Luckily, backup in the form of Kellam!Anna was still there, and she was able to kill him off. Her durability is still poor, but she was able to avoid some enemy attacks by way of being immediately surrounded on 3 sides and not killing the Mercenaries that attacked her.

On turn 4 Gaius got the Goddess Icon chest and was then Danced by way of having Maribelle ferry Olivia so he could finish off one of the Mercs. Fred took the other, Libra took the remaining Wyvern, and Fox killed the Mercenary at the far left so Anna could safely open the remaining chest for a Large Bullion. Unfortunately, this meant one enemy, the thief, was left behind, and he doesn't attack. Oh well.

Used that last turn to 1) milk out some staff experience for Anna by healing Sumia, which put her in position to 2) milk out some staff experience for Lissa, which put her in position to 3) milk out some support between Libra and Lissa by having Libra attack the thief from range. Then Libra was Danced and attacked again, but the Thief still wasn't dead, so I finished him off with Gaius.

Why can't Fox gain any Defense?

Fox        Grandmaster    13    48    26    31    18    25    21    14    18    D Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis
Chrom        Lord        18    33    21    3    16    19    18    16    5    A Sword            S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    14    42    20    4    19    14    12    19    8    A Sword, A Lance, A Axe    S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Troubadour    5    25    5    15    10    12    16    5    11    B Staff                    Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    17    31    14    4    21    24    17    9    16    A Lance            S Fred        Spd +2, Relief
Panne        Wyvern Rider    1    33    16    2    15    12    9    15    3    E Axe            A Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2
Gaius        Thief        10    27    11    1    15    18    10    6    4    C Sword            A Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    2    41    16    16    14    15    12    13    17    C Axe, C Staff                Healtouch, Miracle
Anna        Trickster    3    39    13    19    24    23    29    9    12    C Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch

Ch 12: 8/133

I need to start using some boosters. Threw Panne an Arms Scroll, Fred a Wing, and Sumia a Robe. Might give a Drop or Shield to Gaius, but I want to see how well he performs with Panne first. Chrom also promoted.

This map in Lunatic actually kind of forces you to turtle, at least somewhat. It sends a lot of powerful enemies at you in waves with a promoted enemy mixed into each group and the only place that isn't fairly wide open is the starting area.

Starting at the west, Libra with Lon'qu and a Spd Tonic was able to double kill one Cavalier. Fred with Vengeance was barely able to survive the Beastkiller Paladin...but I almost wish he had been hit, as he triggered Vengeance, and then Sumia missed. Ugh. Anna took a third Cav over there. Panne and Fox had each taken out a Knight, and I had planned it out so Panne would not kill the first enemy that came to her afterward lest she be killed. Fox instead took the enemies.

I counted on a dual attack with Fred and Sumia to remove the Beastkiller Paladin on turn 2 and it payed off. Libra and Anna took out the remaining Cavaliers, and as such I was able to focus all my efforts in one spot from the next turn on.

Since the enemies in this map are on a timer for when they move (or so it seems), you never end up overwhelmed, but you generally can't advance fast. Fox got Rally Spectrum in the middle, which helped quite a lot as one might expect, but when everyone in the boss area began moving towards us, I actually had to back up because we had started advancing but couldn't take so many enemies in such a wide open space. Chrom took a few out on that enemy phase and on the next player phase Fox blocked off the last Paladin while everyone cleaned enemies up. This was another situation where there was one enemy left for the last turn.

Panne got a lot of action here, getting a full 4 and a half levels. Fred got to level 15 for Dual Guard+ on the last enemy. Chrom got from E to D Lances in this one map. Levels overall were pretty good, but Fox still won't get Defense. Anna with a Levin Sword is really helpful.

Fox        Grandmaster    15    49    28    31    19    27    21    14    19    D Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum
Chrom        Great Lord    3    40    27    3    19    22    19    20    8    A Sword, D Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    15    43    21    4    20    17    12    20    8    A Sword, A Lance, A Axe    S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa        Troubadour    7    26    6    16    11    14    18    5    11    B Staff                    Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    19    38    14    5    22    25    18    10    17    A Lance            S Fred        Spd +2, Relief
Panne        Wyvern Rider    5    37    18    2    18    15    11    17    4    D Axe            A Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2
Gaius        Thief        10    27    11    1    15    18    10    6    4    C Sword            A Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    4    42    16    17    15    17    14    13    19    C Axe, C Staff                Healtouch, Miracle
Anna        Trickster    4    40    14    20    24    24    30    9    12    C Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch

Ch 13: 2/135

Threw Gaius a Shield. It allowed him to survive the enemy phase and he'll need it anyway.

Since I had a two-turn strat ready, I knew I could afford to be precise about everything else. I started off by having Fox Rally Spectrum Chrom, Gaius, and Libra, then having them all move to their respective partners (Fox, Panne, Lon'qu) so they could get in position for enemy phase. Olivia Danced Fox so she could move toward the boss and switch with Chrom.

Gaius took the left hand side and Libra took the left. They killed some enemies on enemy phase and then one more each on player. Sumia with Fred flew over to the eastern Sniper to nab the Silver Bow and Anna healed Chrom to ensure he wouldn't die against the boss (it ended up not necessary, but safety first). The boss fight was kind of funny, actually. Chrom's two Javelin hits + Fox's Dying Blaze hit would have killed the boss 1 HP over, but Chrom got a crit...but that crit didn't actually change anything because another hit from him still wouldn't have killed anyway, and Fox only needed to hit once from the beginning, which she did. So, lol.

Easy stuff. Also, I didn't class change Fox yet because she was 4 XP from a level and I was planning on having Chrom do the lead fighting. I didn't class change Fred because...Well, I can't decide between Paladin and leaving him as Great Knight. I've decided against General because I don't like the loss of Spd and don't feel Rally Defense will be worth it, but both Paladin and Great Knight have good advantages the other doesn't have.

Fox        Grandmaster    16    50    28    31    20    27    22    15    19    D Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum
Chrom        Great Lord    4    41    28    3    20    23    20    21    8    A Sword, D Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    15    43    21    4    20    17    12    20    8    A Sword, A Lance, A Axe    S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa        Troubadour    7    26    6    16    11    14    18    5    11    B Staff            C Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2
Sumia        Falcon Knight    1    38    14    5    22    25    18    10    17    A Lance            S Fred        Spd +2, Relief
Panne        Wyvern Rider    5    37    18    2    18    15    11    17    4    D Axe            S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2
Gaius        Thief        12    29    13    1    16    20    10    9    5    C Sword            S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    4    42    16    17    15    17    14    13    19    B Axe, C Staff        C Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle
Anna        Trickster    4    40    14    20    24    24    30    9    12    C Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch

Ch 14: 1/136

One turn, all 3 chests? Fuck you guys, I'm going home. True, I would have liked to get the Short Axe.

But I guess I might as well give the step-by-step first.

Pairs: Chrom/Panne, Gaius/Cordelia, Anna/Cherche. Fox kills the Cavalier in front of the southern chest. Libra Rescues Cherche and she flies around, switches, and Anna opens the chest.

Fred runs to the Knight with the Chest Key and Hammer times him. Cordelia can now run past the vacancy to get Gaius to the most northern chest.

Lucina waits on the most-eastern spot of the 3-tile-wide eastern bridge. This means that when Lissa runs up next to her and Rescues Anna (which required a Magic Tonic and Spirit Dust to reach), Anna will be to the left of Lissa instead of to the right. This in turn allows Olivia to Dance for Anna, as Olivia could not reach otherwise; there's only one spot Olivia could have reached the other side from, and Fred needed that spot to kill the Chest Key Knight. Anna opens the last chest.

Sumia kills a Mage in the way and Panne flies Chrom over for a Noble Rapier ORKO on the boss.

Lunatic mode, people.

(I half-considered re-doing it since Libra and Lissa's levels weren't that great, but I'm not into level-rigging and Chrom's chance to kill the boss was not actually 100%)

Fox        Dark Knight    1    55    25    30    19    25    22    17    19    D Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum
Chrom        Great Lord    4    41    28    3    20    23    20    21    8    A Sword, D Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm
Lissa        Troubadour    8    26    6    18    11    15    19    5    11    B Staff            C Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2
Sumia        Falcon Knight    Lost
Panne        Wyvern Rider    5    37    18    2    18    15    11    17    4    D Axe            S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2
Gaius        Thief        12    29    13    1    16    20    10    9    5    C Sword            S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    5    42    16    17    16    18    14    13    19    B Axe, C Staff        C Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Lucina        Lord        10    36    19    10    17    20    18    13    8    C Sword                    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether

Par 12 (Morgan): 7/143

Enemy levels: 20 unpromoted and a few level 3 promoted. That technically makes this a bit early, as Laurent's and Kjelle's maps have level 19 enemies, but I want to get Morgan.

Whew. This took some VERY careful planning. Let's see if I can remember it all...

After a Rally Spectrum for the team and a Dance, I had Cherche fly Fox on over to Morgan to recruit him and give him a Second Seal and a Rally Spectrum so he could class change to Mercenary. Fred!Sumia flew over and killed one of the two Rexcalibur Sages - I had already calculated it out so that she would survive the enemy phase of Swordmaster + one Sage if she killed one without getting hurt, which she and Fred did.

Chrom!Lucina killed the Myrmidon, Gaius!Panne killed the southern Mage close to the starting position to avoid being targeted by the Swordmaster, and Anna crit-killed the other Mage. The Rally from earlier kept her alive against the Swordmaster on enemy phase.

Sumia got pretty lucky overall in the map, as she never got hit either as a result of dodging or dual guarding. She was able to safely kill the Thief, Swordmaster, and Sage and rejoin the group by turn 3.

But turn 2 took a lot of careful planning to keep everyone alive. First off, Panne and Gaius killed a Wyvern to the north west of the group. But the Swordmaster was the biggest threat, and wouldn't you know, Chrom missed with his Javelin (81 Hit) and then Lucina missed on the join in. I had thought that was it right there, but I Danced for them, had Anna get rid of a Wyvern in Morgan's way so he could Rally for them, then tried again and they killed him. There was still one Wyvern near Fox's area, but it was far away enough that it couldn't hit anyone who would get killed by it, so Fox blocked off the remaining Myrmidon.

After that, Fox largely took the lead, as might be expected, helped often by Morgan's rally. The Wyverns occasionally put me in a pinch, but the first wave I just managed to tank up and beat out fast enough, and the second (unexpected) wave was largely just taken out by Fox since she was the only one most of them could reach.

On the last turn there were still a few enemies and I wanted to get it over with, so I did a bit of Rescue shenanigans to open the last chest (Oh yeah, Sumia had safely a killed the other Thief while Fox tanked a bunch of enemies) with Anna, got one last kill in for Gaius, and had Fox ORKO the boss for the win.

Fox        Dark Knight    4    57    26    32    21    26    24    19    19    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum
Chrom        Great Lord    6    43    28    3    21    22    22    22    8    A Sword, D Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Frederick    General        1    45    22    4    21    16    12    21    10    A Lance, A Axe        S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa        Troubadour    9    27    6    18    11    15    20    6    12    A Staff            C Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2
Sumia        Falcon Knight    4    45    17    7    26    31    21    13    22    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief
Panne        Wyvern Rider    8    41    20    3    19    18    11    18    5    C Axe            S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2
Gaius        Thief        13    30    13    1    17    20    10    10    6    B Sword            S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    6    43    17    17    17    18    14    13    19    B Axe, C Staff        C Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    6    42    15    20    26    25    32    11    12    B Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Lord        13    39    20    10    18    22    20    15    8    C Sword                    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Mercenary    3    39    21    13    20    20    17    13    9    C Sword                    Veteran, Rightful King, Solidarity, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift

Par 8 (Kjelle): 11/154

Gave Lucina Naga's Tear because favoritism.

I don't like this map much. It feels like it should be a boss kill map, and the reinforcements are hard to predict unless you really know ahead of time which turns which enemies come from where. Being a rout, that draws the map out a lot.

Kjelle could be ORKOd by the Archers up north, so I had to Rescue her by turn 2 to save her, which wasn't much of a problem since Lucky Seven is a big help for Anna.

Fred/Sumia and Morgan/Lucina took south west and east respectively and never got a chance to do much else. Otherwise, it was mostly a standard Fox/Chrom tanking game with Gaius/Panne, Libra, and Anna taking enemies on occasion. It's a really scattered map and there's not a whole lot to say other than "divide and conquer."

The chests didn't cost me any time, so I got them both. I actually could have finished the map one turn sooner, but Lissa was one Mend away from level 10 and promotion, so I waited.

Forgot stats

Par 14 (Laurent): 2/156

I found a sweet spot for Sumia so she could be attacked by as few enemies as possible, reach the boss, and get a Rally Spectrum from Fox on the second turn.

Otherwise, Chrom recruited Laurent and everyone else just positioned themselves such that they could get some enemy phase action. On turn 2 I got some combat for everyone and finished up. No villages, but the first is just a Str Tonic and it isn't worth it to take on all the reinforcements to get the others.

Fox        Dark Knight    6    59    27    33    21    27    25    20    19    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom        Great Lord    8    45    29    3    22    24    24    24    8    A Sword, C Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Frederick    General        2    46    23    4    22    16    12    21    11    A Lance, A Axe        S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa        Valkyrie    1    31    6    20    14    18    21    8    15    A Staff, E Tome        C Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle
Sumia        Falcon Knight    6    46    19    9    27    33    21    13    23    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    1    49    25    3    23    22    13    23    9    C Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius        Thief        15    32    14    1    18    21    10    10    6    B Sword            S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    8    45    17    17    18    18    16    15    20    B Axe, C Staff        C Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    8    44    16    22    28    26    32    11    12    B Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Lord        17    47    24    15    23    25    25    17    12    C Sword            C Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Mercenary    7    43    22    14    23    23    19    14    10    C Sword            C Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Solidarity, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift

Par 7 (Brady): 1/157

Decided to do this early because. It's not like I would bother to actually play it out any longer later.

Sumia Rally Speed'd, people hit others for experience, Anna warped Fox and Fox killed the boss.

Woohoo.

By the way, Brady will join as long as he survives the chapter. You don't need to talk to him.

Fox        Dark Knight    6    59    27    33    21    27    25    20    19    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom        Great Lord    8    45    29    3    22    24    24    24    8    A Sword, C Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Frederick    General        2    46    23    4    22    16    12    21    11    A Lance, A Axe        S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa        Valkyrie    1    31    6    20    14    18    21    8    15    A Staff, E Tome        C Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle
Sumia        Falcon Knight    6    46    19    9    27    33    21    13    23    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    1    49    25    3    23    22    13    23    9    C Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius        Thief        15    32    14    1    18    21    10    10    6    B Sword            S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    8    45    17    17    18    18    16    15    20    B Axe, C Staff        C Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    9    45    16    22    29    27    33    12    12    B Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Lord        17    47    24    15    23    25    25    17    12    C Sword            C Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Mercenary    7    43    22    14    23    23    19    14    10    C Sword            C Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Solidarity, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift

Content too long, continued in post #4.

Yeah, I know the stats look like crap right now because of the new forum software. I'm not going to try to figure out how to fix it until any and all planned fixes are implemented.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason YOU should follow this log doesn't exist is so you can watch some empirical Lunatic mode logging since most playlogs are done on Hard (weaklings).

Admittedly, I don't like Lunatic mode because in a nutshell, it's mainly fake difficulty and character select forcing. And that's no fun.

(Quoting this is weird now)

This should be interesting. I'd avoid the Barracks/Anna/Tile stuff just to make it a little more repeatable.

Also, no Manaketes?

I find those things are either discounts on general items, don't make a significant impact anyway, or are common enough that you can usually expect to get at least one (Master and Second Seals)

Nope, not this time.

LOG CONTINUED:

Ch 15: 7/163

Cordelia gained a boost of Str and Def. Why don't characters I'm actually using get this stuff?

But since I waited a day to actually continue, Lucina ended up getting Str and Spd as well! Woohoo!

Around this point is the easiest part of the game. Your team has been getting good and promoting but the enemies are still largely unpromoted.

As a side note, I don't know why I never thought - even this time around, as I'm typing this after I've completed the map - to just Rescue Say'ri away and recruit her immediately instead of running over to save her. It seems so obvious in hindsight but the idea never registered with me.

Oh well. Just about everything was done within the seven turns here. Cherche!Anna and Gaius/Panne handled the beach, Gaius and Panne doing most of the work because they need the levels the most. Sumia/Fred flew over the wall (with a Rally Spectrum) to get enemies over there, Libra!Lissa and Morgan!Lucina handled the Hammer General, and Chrom!Fox readied herself to wipe out a lot of enemies on the enemy phase.

Libra!Lissa, even at only B Support, is pretty good at dodging. Interesting.

I had recruited Say'ri by the third turn and began moving west, having Fox take out those pesky Dark Knights and Libra!Lissa take out the weaker ranged enemies with Lucina and Morgan cleaning up a bit and Morgan Rally Spectruming when reasonable (Olivia helped).

On turn 7 Say'ri got the final house, Gaius and Panne finished up their enemies, and Chrom!Fox killed the boss. Could this have been done faster? Probably, but it would have required much more specific planning and possibly some risks. I did this cleanly on my first try and I'm happy.

Holy crap, there really are cats on this map!

Fox        Dark Knight    8    61    29    34    22    27    25    21    19    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom        Great Lord    9    46    30    3    23    24    25    25    8    A Sword, C Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Lissa        Valkyrie    3    32    6    22    14    20    22    8    16    A Staff, E Tome        B Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle
Panne        Wyvern Lord    2    50    26    3    24    23    13    23    9    C Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius        Assassin    3    39    20    2    27    26    12    14    7    B Sword, E Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    8    45    17    17    18    18    16    15    20    B Axe, C Staff        B Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    9    45    16    22    29    27    33    12    12    B Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Lord        19    49    26    15    24    27    27    17    13    C Sword            C Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Mercenary    9    45    24    15    25    24    20    15    10    C Sword            C Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Solidarity, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift

Ch 16: 4/167

Fox and Chrom are the only ones who can really be attributed to the actual clearing of the map. They just charged the boss and everyone else did self-improvement.

Panne and Gaius started at the left taking out the Beast Killer Peg, aided by Cherche!Anna and Libra/Lissa. Morgan/Lucina and Fred/Sumia took to the right. The Thieves never got very far and even the promoted enemies didn't last very long.

I sort of had a bit of trouble on the third turn when a Hero knocked Panne down pretty far and there were still some enemies around, but by then Morgan and Lucina had made their way to the general area after having given Fox a Rally Spectrum and I was able to protect Olivia and leave only the Hero alive to attack only those who wouldn't die. I might have even been able to kill him, but I knew we were safe and I want to raise Gaius' Bow level asap.

After this map I am able to get A Support for Libra and Lissa, but since I need to go to Owain's Paralogue now, I'll be grinding out the rest of it. All it will really do is add 10% to the Dual Strike rate, so it shouldn't actually have a noticeable impact on the run.

And it is after that map that things will get hard again.

Fox        Dark Knight    9    62    30    34    23    27    25    22    20    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom        Great Lord    10    47    30    3    24    24    25    26    9    A Sword, B Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Lissa        Valkyrie    3    32    6    22    14    20    22    8    16    A Staff, D Tome        B Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle
Sumia        Falcon Knight    7    46    20    10    27    34    21    13    23    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    2    50    26    3    24    23    13    23    9    C Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius        Assassin    3    39    20    2    27    26    12    14    7    B Sword, E Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    9    46    18    18    19    18    17    15    20    B Axe, C Staff        B Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    10    46    16    23    30    27    34    12    12    B Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Great Lord    1    53    29    15    27    30    27    19    16    C Sword, E Lance    B Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Mercenary    12    48    25    16    27    25    22    16    12    C Sword            B Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Patience

Par 5 (Owain): 6/173

Gr, why don't you asshats move when told?

So this is the last of the easy maps. I basically moved forward at a steady pace, making sure to stay safe. Fox and Chrom soloed the south and everyone else went west. Unfortunately you can't seem to draw in any of the enemies around the boss unless he can reach you, so I basically did what you'd expect and dropped Fox in there with a Rally Spectrum from Morgan, but with a Steel Sword equipped so my other peeps could get some of the pickings. Ironically, though, the Assassins attacked up close instead of using their Bows, so they still died.

I had Say'ri gets some kills here so she could get Str and Spd for better support boosts. Her first level got her neither, but her second got both, so she now has 20 Str/30 Spd.

Talked to the Villagers west and north. The other one just gives some Tonic and so isn't worth it. And I don't care about Owain's joke +1 Skl Steel Sword.

Morgan and Lucina are already rocking and practically better than their daddy.

Fox        Dark Knight    11    64    31    35    23    28    26    23    21    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom        Great Lord    11    48    30    3    24    25    26    26    9    A Sword, B Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Lissa        Valkyrie    4    33    6    23    14    20    22    9    17    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle
Sumia        Falcon Knight    7    46    20    10    27    34    21    13    23    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    2    50    26    3    24    23    13    23    9    B Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius        Assassin    3    39    20    2    27    26    12    14    7    B Sword, D Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1
Libra        War Monk    9    46    18    18    19    18    17    15    20    B Axe, C Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    10    46    16    23    30    27    34    12    12    B Sword, D Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Great Lord    2    54    30    16    27    30    27    20    16    C Sword, E Lance    B Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Hero        3    54    29    18    31    31    22    19    15    B Sword, E Axe        B Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Patience

Ch 17: 9/182

Arms Scrolls for Gaius and Morgan. Wish I had another for Panne, but such is life.

Aaaand this is when the game gets hard again.

Was ready for the win around turn 7, but I wanted the chest items and I could get them safely, so I did. I basically called it quits when the reinforcements started to show, which is the same turn I got the last chest item.

Morgan and Lucina led the charge left, backed by Libra, Lissa, and Sumia/Fred. The Longbow Sniper gave me a lot of trouble, but I was able to divert him and minimize the threat. Morgan got Sol in the middle, which helped a lot. Lissa and Libra didn't Pair Up because I needed them both for healing.

Fox and Chrom led the charge east (yes, I ignored the middle), doing Rally Spectrums before being Danced by Olivia and continuing. Cherche!Anna and Gaius/Panne helped out. As can be expected by now, Chrom!Fox did a lot of tanking and killing on the enemy phase, though this time without insignificant death chances; she actually needed healing a couple times.

I tried to rely on crits from Anna a few times, but she never got them. Luckily I always had a backup plan, as my investments into Gaius and Panne are finally starting to pay off.

Getting the north eastern chests wasn't a problem, but the western ones took some planning...well, mostly because I had forgotten to give anyone a Rescue staff for a last-minute move boost. But after Morgan took out the Valkyries, I was able to make clever use of Olivia to have Sumia grab a Rescue staff, Rally Speed so Fox could double the boss, and then trade the Rescue staff to Lissa so Lissa could get Panne/Gaius in range to kill the Thief that had the audacity to try to take MY Seraph Robe. Morgan had already grabbed a Chest Key earlier and was in range for the Boots.

Christ, Fox is going to get her second shot at a Second Seal post-promotion before most people get their first. Dark Knight is cool and all, but I want to go back to Grandmaster for the Spd boost that Chrom has been missing.

Fox        Dark Knight    13    66    31    36    23    28    28    24    21    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom        Great Lord    11    48    30    3    24    25    26    26    9    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Frederick    General        3    47    23    4    22    16    12    22    11    A Lance, A Axe        S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa        Valkyrie    5    34    6    24    15    20    23    9    17    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle, Rally Res
Panne        Wyvern Lord    3    51    27    3    24    24    13    23    9    B Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius        Assassin    5    40    22    2    29    26    13    15    8    A Sword, C Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    10    47    19    19    19    18    18    15    20    B Axe, B Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    11    46    16    23    31    27    34    12    13    B Sword, C Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Great Lord    3    55    30    16    28    31    27    20    16    C Sword, E Lance    B Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Hero        6    57    32    18    34    31    23    19    16    A Sword, D Axe        B Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol

Ch 18: 2/184

I dislike this map and wanted to get it over with as fast as possible, so I looked and found a 2-turn strategy. It required multiple Tonics and Boots on Sumia. Panne also had a Def/Res boost from Barracks, but it didn't matter in the end. Let's see here:

First, Fox Rally Spectrums the middle area (Chrom, Morgan, Lucina, Sumia, and Panne). Chrom joins her and Olivia Dances for her. Lucina runs down and kills the first Paladin with the Noble Rapier. Morgan runs down next her, trades the Parallel Falchion to the top of her inventory, and attacks the Swordmaster, killing him with a join in (78%) from Lucina.

Fox kills the Warrior just past where the Swordmaster was. Anna joins Panne and Panne moves straight down 7 spaces from her starting position (1 down and right from Chrom's start) and range-kills the Sage. Lissa joins Sumia and Sumia moves to the spot 1 up from Panne.

Everyone at the left - Gaius, Libra, Fred, and Say'ri - doesn't really have a role. Libra can Physic for someone, but Lucina is the only one who might be hurt and no one can attack her anyway. They basically just move away.

On the second turn, Morgan Rally Spectrums for Fox/Chrom, Sumia, and Panne. Libra heals Fox if needed. Olivia joins up with Lucina. Sumia moves 6 spaces down so she can Rescue Fox. Panne moves down there, switches to Anna, and Anna Rescues Olivia. Olivia Dances for Sumia. Sumia has just enough move to reach the spot two right and two up from Yen'fay, where she Rescues Fox, who kills Yen'fay.

Reliance on chance was actually fairly minimal. Panne and Sumia were positioned such that only one enemy could attack each, so they just needed to not kill. Morgan and Fox both had chances to die, but with both having pretty good concrete durability and Morgan having Sol, it wasn't very high. I also needed a join in or crit to kill Yen'fay since Fox couldn't double, but when the join in chance is 85%, I'm not too worried.

Obviously did not get any chest items.

Fox        Dark Knight    13    66    31    36    23    28    28    24    21    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom        Great Lord    12    49    31    3    25    25    27    27    9    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Frederick    General        3    47    23    4    22    16    12    22    11    A Lance, A Axe        S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa        Valkyrie    5    34    6    24    15    20    23    9    17    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle, Rally Res
Sumia        Falcon Knight    8    47    20    10    28    34    22    13    24    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    4    52    28    3    25    25    13    23    9    B Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius        Assassin    5    40    22    2    29    26    13    15    8    A Sword, C Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    10    47    19    19    19    18    18    15    20    B Axe, B Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    11    46    16    23    31    27    34    12    13    B Sword, C Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Great Lord    4    55    31    16    28    32    28    21    16    B Sword, E Lance    A Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Hero        7    58    33    18    34    31    23    20    16    A Sword, D Axe        A Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol

Par 17 (Tiki): 2/186

For some reason I thought I remembered seeing more enemies here on Lunatic mode. Oh well.

I will admit this strategy had a good deal of reliance on luck and probably had something like a 35-40% chance of happening. But I'd rather do it this way.

I start with Olivia helping Chrom!Fox to kill the boss. Easy stuff. Everyone else gets into position: Gaius, Panne, Fred, and Sumia at the left, Anna, Say'ri!Lissa, and Libra at the right, Morgan and Lucina south.

Fred and Sumia were position such that Fred would attack and Sumia would join him without having to move. Panne and Gaius were also able to attack each of their targets from range, Gaius and his Killer Bow being the deciding factor in their kills. This left side was the most chancy, with all of them having <80 Hit rates and requiring <80% dual strikes for the kills.

After, Anna killed one Wyvern with a +3 MT Levin Sword and Mag Tonic. Lissa w/Say'ri could double and kill with a +1 MT Elwind. Since Sumia had not yet moved, she was able to fly over and weaken the remaining Wyvern enough for Libra to take Say'ri and double and kill with the Bolt Axe, but Libra joined Sumia anyway and didn't need Say'ri. This side's kills were 100%; no luck required.

Morgan had previously dropped Lucina one space further than she could otherwise move so that Morgan could attack a Griffin with a Hand Axe while next to Lucina so she could join in and help kill, then she killed another. Then Fox ran up and killed another, then Olivia danced for her and then Fox finished the job.

And in comes the busty dragon lady.

Fox        Dark Knight    14    67    31    36    24    29    29    24    21    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn
Chrom        Great Lord    12    49    31    3    25    25    27    27    9    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Sumia        Falcon Knight    8    47    20    10    28    34    22    13    24    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    4    52    28    3    25    25    13    23    9    B Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy
Gaius        Assassin    6    40    23    2    29    27    13    15    8    A Sword, C Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    11    48    19    19    19    19    18    15    20    A Axe, B Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Lucina        Great Lord    5    56    32    16    28    32    29    21    16    B Sword, E Lance    A Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Hero        7    58    33    18    34    31    23    20    16    A Sword, D Axe        A Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol

Par 9 (Cynthia): 6/192

This was...really easy. I waited longer than I should have. A bunch of Rallys will do that, I guess. And apparently Fox has innate Provoke, because enemies love to attack her even when other, seemingly weaker allies are in range. I'm not big on resetting when unnecessary, so Fox ended up with a lot more kills than I wanted her to take - I planned to stop her when she hit level 15, but she ended up halfway through 16. Oh well, time to go back to Grandmaster. Chrom needs the Speed since he doesn't seem to want to get any on his own.

Chrom!Fox cleared out the enemies near Cynthia to make recruiting her a snap while Anna!Tiki tanked a good 4-5 enemies on the right. Not much else to say, it's a pretty straightforward map. Killed the boss on turn 5 so he wouldn't recruit any more of those mercenaries.

A Rally bot joins the team!

Fox        Dark Knight    16    69    31    38    26    31    29    24    22    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn, Lifetaker
Chrom        Great Lord    13    50    32    3    25    25    28    28    9    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Lissa        Valkyrie    6    35    6    24    16    21    23    10    17    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle, Rally Res
Sumia        Falcon Knight    9    47    20    11    29    35    23    13    24    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Gaius        Assassin    6    40    23    2    29    27    13    15    8    A Sword, C Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    11    48    19    19    19    19    18    15    20    A Axe, B Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    12    46    16    24    32    27    35    13    13    A Sword, C Staff            Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Great Lord    6    57    33    16    29    33    30    22    17    B Sword, E Lance    A Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Hero        8    59    34    18    35    32    24    20    16    A Sword, D Axe        A Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol
Tiki        Manakete    21    50    24    14    21    22    25    21    18    Dragonstone                Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane

Par 13 (Yarne): 6/198

Well this map is messy. I sided with the red team.

On turn 1 I had Fox!Chrom recruit Yarne so I could keep his ass alive. Morgan/Lucina, Tiki/Anna, and Gaius/Panne stayed in the southern area to take out enemies while Fred!Sumia headed for villages.

Some Rally Spectrums and enemy phases later...yeah. There isn't much rhythm to a rout map like this.

Fox        Grandmaster    1    64    34    39    27    33    29    22    22    C Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn, Lifetaker
Chrom        Great Lord    14    51    33    3    26    25    29    28    9    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Lissa        Valkyrie    6    35    6    24    16    21    23    10    17    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle, Rally Res
Sumia        Falcon Knight    10    48    20    11    30    35    23    13    25    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    5    53    28    3    25    25    13    24    9    B Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy, Quick Burn
Gaius        Assassin    7    41    23    2    30    28    14    16    8    A Sword, C Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Anna        Trickster    13    47    16    24    33    28    36    13    13    A Sword, C Staff    C Tiki        Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Great Lord    8    59    35    17    29    35    32    23    17    B Sword, E Lance    A Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Hero        9    60    35    19    35    33    25    21    16    A Sword, C Axe        A Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol
Tiki        Manakete    24    53    24    17    22    24    28    21    19    Dragonstone        C Anna        Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane

Par 10 (Severa): 10/208

I expected keeping Severa alive to be a pain, but with enough Rescue staves running around, it really wasn't a problem.

I largely kept the team together, going down the middle and through that corridor. At that point I split off and had Morgan/Lucina, Fred/Sumia, and Gaius/Panne head left while the others headed right, Libra and Lissa helping either team as needed.

Morgan did the tanking on the left side and, while I wanted Chrom to fight a lot, Tiki ended doing most of the work on the right. Chrom did get a level in, though, and finally gained some more Spd.

Severa talked to Holland on her turn 9, and on the following turn 10 I opened both chests and killed the boss. It actually worked out perfectly; the way things had gone, getting everything done in the last turn was easy but I could not have done any of them a turn sooner.

Also, Tiki is still amazing in Lunatic. Lunatic stat boosts will do that, I guess.

Fox        Grandmaster    2    65    34    39    27    34    30    23    22    B Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn, Lifetaker
Chrom        Great Lord    15    51    34    3    26    26    29    29    9    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King
Lissa        Valkyrie    8    36    7    24    17    23    25    10    19    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle, Rally Res
Sumia        Falcon Knight    11    49    21    12    31    36    24    13    26    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    6    54    29    3    26    26    14    25    9    B Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy, Quick Burn
Gaius        Assassin    9    43    25    2    31    30    14    16    9    A Sword, C Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    12    48    20    20    19    20    19    15    21    A Axe, B Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    14    48    17    25    34    29    36    13    13    A Sword, C Staff    C Tiki        Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven
Lucina        Great Lord    9    60    36    17    29    36    33    24    18    B Sword, D Lance    A Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Hero        12    63    37    19    37    34    26    23    18    A Sword, C Axe        A Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol
Tiki        Manakete    28    59    27    19    23    25    32    22    21    Dragonstone        C Anna        Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane

Par 15 (Noire): 8/216

This would be made much easier if I could keep my team together, but to keep Noire safe and not necessitate having everyone backtrack, as well as being attacked at my flank, I must split.

Def Tonics for any and all main fighters, most notably Panne, Tiki, and Chrom. Luckily, there's a sweet spot a flier can just barely reach on turn to be attacked by the first four fliers that will move for you and no one else, so Panne took that with Gaius gunning them down from behind. Chrom with Fox took the left, Aether keeping him alive and finally gaining Speed. Tiki needed Lissa to Rescue so she could attract the northern enemies on the first turn.

On the second turn I healed up Chrom with Libra and had him sit there to take out the remaining enemies. Everyone else finished up the mounts Tiki had started on and Lissa grabbed Noire.

At this point some more of the northern enemies start to come down. Chrom moves in for the initial horse brigade and accidentally attracts all the fliers near the boss. He backs up a bit and takes a few on enemy phase while Panne takes a few others safely. Then we clean up.

By now the very northern fliers are coming. I take one turn to prepare for them and then let Tiki tank a few, after which we all move in and decimate. Then I stack some Rallies on Anna so she can get a boss kill and Acrobat.

So this map is basically attract enemies -> clean up. None of the groups are super huge and it's usually easily to have a unit be in range of just one or two that can be killed reasonably easily on enemy phase even though the Falcon Knights are really fast.

Panne is starting to do really well now. Tiki is 3 experience from level 30.

Fox        Grandmaster    3    66    35    39    27    35    31    23    22    B Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn, Lifetaker
Chrom        Great Lord    17    53    35    3    27    28    31    30    10    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King
Lissa        Valkyrie    9    37    7    24    17    23    26    10    19    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle, Rally Res
Sumia        Falcon Knight    11    49    21    12    31    36    24    13    26    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    9    57    31    3    28    28    15    27    9    B Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy, Quick Burn
Gaius        Assassin    9    43    25    2    31    30    14    16    9    A Sword, B Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    13    49    20    21    20    21    19    15    21    A Axe, B Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    15    48    17    26    34    30    37    13    13    A Sword, C Staff    B Tiki        Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven, Acrobat
Lucina        Great Lord    10    61    36    17    30    37    34    25    19    B Sword, D Lance    A Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Hero        12    63    37    19    37    34    26    23    18    A Sword, C Axe        A Lucina    Veteran, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol
Tiki        Manakete    29    61    27    19    24    25    33    22    22    Dragonstone        B Anna        Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane

Ch 19: 1/217

Fuck you, I'm not playing this wide-open map out when I can so easily clear it in a single turn.

Stack rallies on Chrom and Fox -> Fox!Chrom moves closer, switches -> Olivia joins with Panne and Dances for him -> Lissa Rescues Sumia -> Sumia Rescues Chrom -> Brave Sword on Chrom and Mjolnir on Fox wrecks Walhart.

Before that, though, Tiki capped off her level, Anna healed her, Lucina finished off the kill, and Gaius shot at some dude. We actually saw a good 4-5 levels in here due to so many being close. And I'll admit that that is a particular reason I wanted to do this before any more Paralogues.

Fox        Grandmaster    3    66    35    39    27    35    31    23    22    B Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn, Lifetaker
Chrom        Paladin        1    55    34    4    27    27    31    30    13    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King
Lissa        Valkyrie    10    37    8    24    18    23    27    10    20    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle, Rally Res
Sumia        Falcon Knight    12    50    21    12    31    37    25    13    27    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    9    57    31    3    28    28    15    27    9    B Axe, E Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy, Quick Burn
Gaius        Assassin    10    44    26    3    32    30    14    17    9    A Sword, B Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    14    50    20    22    21    22    19    15    21    A Axe, B Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck
Anna        Trickster    15    48    17    26    34    30    37    13    13    A Sword, C Staff    B Tiki        Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven, Acrobat
Lucina        Great Lord    10    61    36    17    30    37    34    25    19    B Sword, D Lance    A Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Tiki        Manakete    30    62    28    20    25    25    34    22    22    Dragonstone        B Anna        Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane

Ch 20: 12/229

So this map puts aggressive enemies right in front and on both sides of you, then on turn 5 when you've survived those guys, reinforcements from the back appear and the next group in front of you all move.

Fun!

It's official, Tiki has replaced Fox as my main tank. She probably took out half or more of the enemies and gained 11 levels.

Anyway, I started with Chrom/Fox, Morgan/Lucina, and Anna/Tiki blocking the middle. Panne/Gaius went to the right to distract those Generals and I had to let the guys at the left roam free.

Next turn I had to maneuver and kill such that my squishies wouldn't die because the remaining enemies could still cover a lot of ground. Panne prepared to start taking out the guys north of her position with the help of Libra, Olivia, and Lissa.

I know the reinforcements were coming, so I got out of there fast and cleared what enemies I could. Then I put Tiki in the way, Rallied her up, and watched her obliterate - with a regular Dragonstone, no less. She took the wave of reinforcements that come from the middle, then handled just about everyone that came from the north when Fox and Morgan moved to the other side. Morgan also got some action, though.

Meanwhile, Fred!Sumia was running around to the west, healing up to avoid being killed by a Tomahawk Warrior and running away from a Counter Warrior. At the east, Panne was my only able-bodied combatant, and she had to protect Libra/Olivia, Lissa, and Cynthia/Yarne...yeah, some Rescue shenanigans were employed after Panne luckily killed the Rexcalibur Sage without dying, leaving 1 more Sage and 2 Generals that my others couldn't all get away from on their own, particularly Libra, and luckily the Sage could not kill any of them.

So once my nightmares in the starting area were finally done and Tiki got to cool down from all the death around her, we headed up north. It's easy stuff at this point, though annoying when some of the enemies don't move until everyone can attack except Walhart. But we got them, then Lucina killed Walhart in two rounds after leaving him with 5 HP from the first.

The Thief took the Spirit Dust and ran off with it, but no biggie. I employed some Rescue shenanigans to get Yarne to the remaining chests (Gaius passed down Locktouch) by the time I planned to finish the job up.

Chrom        Paladin        2    56    35    4    28    27    32    30    13    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King
Frederick    General        4    48    23    4    23    16    12    23    11    A Lance, A Axe        S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa        Valkyrie    11    38    9    25    19    23    28    10    21    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle, Rally Res
Sumia        Falcon Knight    14    51    22    13    33    38    26    14    28    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed
Panne        Wyvern Lord    10    58    31    3    28    29    16    28    9    A Axe, D Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy, Quick Burn
Gaius        Assassin    10    44    26    3    32    30    14    17    9    A Sword, B Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    15    51    20    22    22    22    20    15    22    A Axe, B Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck, Renewal
Anna        Trickster    16    49    18    27    35    30    38    14    14    A Sword, C Staff    B Tiki        Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven, Acrobat
Lucina        Great Lord    13    63    37    17    31    38    36    26    19    B Sword, C Lance    A Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether
Morgan        Hero        16    67    39    21    38    37    28    25    19    A Sword, B Axe        A Lucina    Axebreaker, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol
Tiki        Manakete    12    78    35    22    32    32    42    30    27    Dragonstone        B Anna        Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane

Par 6 (Inigo): 7/236

So I realized after a few failed attempts that charging the middle might be both faster and safer rather than trying to have separate groups take on the fliers.

So I did that. Lucina/Morgan took the lead with Tiki readying to take out fliers. Everyone followed Lucina in as well as they safely could while Tiki took the brunt of the fliers outside. I did, however, need to employ some Rescue mechanics to keep a few people safe because the fliers could simply reach too far.

Then it was clean up time. Panne!Gaius with Innes Bow was able to OHKO some fliers and Sumia helped get rid of some problem Assassins. Lucina took the boss out from the end of his range as well as all those enemies on the other side of the walls.

And even with Lancefaire, Sumia had to leave the last enemy with just 6 HP...

Fox        Grandmaster    4    67    36    39    28    35    31    23    22    B Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn, Lifetaker
Chrom        Paladin        2    56    35    4    28    27    32    30    13    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King
Frederick    General        4    48    23    4    23    16    12    23    11    A Lance, A Axe        S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna, Dual Guard+
Lissa        Valkyrie    12    39    10    25    19    24    28    10    22    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle, Rally Res
Sumia        Falcon Knight    15    52    23    13    34    39    27    14    28    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed, Lancefaire
Panne        Wyvern Lord    11    59    31    4    28    29    16    28    9    A Axe, D Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy, Quick Burn
Gaius        Assassin    11    45    27    3    33    31    15    18    9    A Sword, B Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    16    51    21    22    22    22    20    15    23    A Axe, B Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck, Renewal
Anna        Trickster    17    50    19    27    36    30    39    15    14    A Sword, C Staff    A Tiki        Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven, Acrobat
Lucina        Great Lord    18    67    38    17    35    40    39    29    22    B Sword, C Lance    A Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King
Morgan        Hero        17    67    40    21    38    37    28    26    20    A Sword, B Axe        A Lucina    Axebreaker, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol
Tiki        Manakete    15    80    36    23    34    33    45    30    29    Dragonstone        A Anna        Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane

Par 11 (Gerome): 7/243

Gave Sumia a Shield and Robe since I have plenty as well as tonics to help her fight here as one of two fliers.

Rescued the two villagers off on the east island right away to avoid needing someone to fly over there.

Rally Spectrum'd up, then sent Panne to the west Wyvern brigade and Sumia to the east while Lucina went north and Tiki headed west to save that one lone villager.

Basically another map of rally -> tank -> clean up, although the wyvern reinforcements on turn 5 did catch me off guard. In every pair now at least one unit can hold their own except Libra/Lissa, who aren't meant to fight anyway, and Sumia/Fred, where Sumia is still a bit too fragile for my liking.

Fox        Grandmaster    5    68    36    39    28    36    31    24    23    B Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn, Lifetaker
Lissa        Valkyrie    13    40    10    26    19    24    29    10    22    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle, Rally Res
Sumia        Falcon Knight    15    57    23    13    34    39    27    16    28    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed, Lancefaire
Panne        Wyvern Lord    12    60    31    4    28    29    16    29    9    A Axe, D Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy, Quick Burn
Gaius        Assassin    12    46    28    3    34    32    15    19    9    A Sword, B Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    16    51    21    22    22    22    20    15    23    A Axe, B Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck, Renewal
Anna        Trickster    17    50    19    27    36    30    39    15    14    A Sword, C Staff    A Tiki        Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven, Acrobat
Lucina        Great Lord    1    69    39    18    37    41    41    30    23    A Sword, B Lance    A Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King
Morgan        Hero        18    67    40    21    39    38    28    26    21    A Sword, A Axe        A Lucina    Axebreaker, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol
Tiki        Manakete    15    80    36    23    34    33    45    30    29    Dragonstone        A Anna        Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane

Par 16 (Nah): 15/258

Stat boosters need to be used: Robe for Gaius, Lissa, Panne, and Sumia. Goddess Icon for Morgan. Drops for Gaius, Panne, and Sumia. Shield for Fox and Chrom. Talisman for Fox and Sumia. Book for Chrom. And now I have one of each booster left.

What an annoying map. For some time there aren't many enemies to worry about and you can control who you fight pretty well, but then you pass that first wall and all enemies in front and behind you just charge at once. Needless to say, leading up to that isn't difficult at all; you just position a unit or two to take the few attacks that are coming. But you really need planning to handle what comes next.

I prepared for the southern enemies by leaving Lucina!Morgan on the nearby pillar. He lived, at least. For the northern enemies my initial plan was to have Tiki tank them out like a capped-stats boss, but some of the Warriors had Counter and I didn't want to take the risk. To minimize chance of death, I found a good spot wherein I could have Chrom!Fox and Tiki tank across the wall, Fox equipped with a Sword to minimize enemy exposure, and in such a way that both Counter Warriors could only attack Tiki from range. After that enemy phase I was able to clean up and move forward again.

The last part is almost like the first part except without being attacked from behind and it's easier to end since the map is a boss kill. I opened the last door, tanked the few enemies with Morgan and Tiki, then had Lissa Rescue Tiki over to take out the boss. This actually wasn't planned in advance, but I had huddled Lissa and Libra over at the right for safety, so it worked wonderfully.

Tiki has HP, Str, Skl, Spd, and Lck capped.

Fox        Grandmaster    5    68    36    39    28    36    31    26    25    B Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn, Lifetaker
Chrom        Paladin        2    56    35    4    30    27    32    32    13    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King
Lissa        Valkyrie    15    46    11    28    20    25    31    10    23    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Dual Support+, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle, Rally Res
Sumia        Falcon Knight    17    64    26    13    35    41    27    16    31    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed, Lancefaire
Panne        Wyvern Lord    13    66    34    4    29    29    17    30    9    A Axe, D Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy, Quick Burn
Gaius        Assassin    13    52    30    3    34    32    15    20    9    A Sword, A Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    17    52    22    23    22    23    21    15    23    A Axe, B Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck, Renewal
Anna        Trickster    18    51    20    28    37    30    40    15    14    A Sword, C Staff    A Tiki        Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven, Acrobat
Lucina        Great Lord    4    72    40    18    39    41    42    31    23    A Sword, B Lance    A Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King
Morgan        Great Knight    2    72    43    20    33    34    31    32    19    A Sword, A Axe, E Lance    A Lucina    Axebreaker, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol
Tiki        Manakete    21    80    40    26    35    36    47    33    34    Dragonstone        A Anna        Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane

Ch 21: 7/265

The most difficult part of this chapter is the first turn. You have a lot of enemies right on your tail and not a lot of space to keep your squishies safe. But if you can manage to use clever positioning to get rid of the biggest problems, the rest of the map isn't that bad if you know what's coming.

Tiki paved the way again, and eventually stayed behind to take down the reinforcements. I decided to get Chrom fighting again in here, so I stacked Rallies on him and had him enter the fray. He did fine.

You never get many enemies on you at a time, so moving forward isn't such a big deal. On turn 7 I realized I could use some Rescue to get Chrom/Fox to kill the boss, so I stacked Rallies and did just that.

I unfortunately missed the Bullion (L), but I got the Noble Rapier and the Fortify on the last turn.

Morgan and Lucina are so badass they don't even need to be paired to wreck faces. Morgan Rallied alone so Lucina could still fight and they were fine.

Fox        Grandmaster    5    68    36    39    28    36    31    26    25    B Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Slow Burn, Lifetaker
Chrom        Paladin        4    58    37    4    31    28    34    33    14    A Sword, A Lance    S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King
Lissa        Valkyrie    16    47    11    29    21    26    31    10    24    A Staff, D Tome        S Libra        Dual Support+, Healtouch, Res +2, Demoiselle, Rally Res
Sumia        Falcon Knight    17    64    26    13    35    41    27    16    31    A Lance, E Staff    S Fred        Spd +2, Relief, Rally Speed, Lancefaire
Panne        Wyvern Lord    13    66    34    4    29    29    17    30    9    A Axe, D Lance        S Gaius        Even Rhythm, Str +2, Tantivy, Quick Burn
Gaius        Assassin    13    52    30    3    34    32    15    20    9    A Sword, A Bow        S Panne        Locktouch, Move +1, Lethality
Libra        War Monk    18    53    23    24    23    24    21    16    24    A Axe, A Staff        S Lissa        Healtouch, Miracle, Rally Luck, Renewal
Anna        Trickster    18    51    20    28    37    30    40    15    14    A Sword, C Staff    A Tiki        Move +1, Locktouch, Lucky Seven, Acrobat
Lucina        Great Lord    4    72    40    18    39    41    42    31    23    A Sword, B Lance    A Morgan    Veteran, Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King
Morgan        Great Knight    2    72    43    20    33    34    31    32    19    A Sword, A Axe, E Lance    A Lucina    Axebreaker, Rightful King, Rally Spectrum, Armsthrift, Sol
Tiki        Manakete    23    80    40    28    35    36    47    35    34    Dragonstone        A Anna        Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane

I will never understand why people limit themselves when they play a game o3o

Because they want to.

There are plenty of ways to play a game. Some people are fine with playing the same way every time, but someone else might find the game to get stale that way. So they challenge themselves to play in a way that they normally wouldn't, which can make it much more fun for them. And some people enjoy beating challenges and find it satisfying.

Anyway gl with some of the later stuff especially Fox. Paralogue 23 without grinding sounds like it'll be pretty rough.

Edited by Liquid Snake

I will never understand why people limit themselves when they play a game o3o

Just no-grinding is pretty mild compared to most playlogs out there. Without putting some random, arbitrary limit on it, grinding just trivializes everything too much. It's one thing to play smart with the available resources to get quicker, easier clears. Another to just kick it all to the curb and force your way through.

This actually wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Only took me a couple tries, but I might have been able to move faster.

Fred weakened the western enemies and we finished them off on turn 2. Same idea when the eastern enemies caught up. Fox opened the door and Fred again took the beatings, but with fewer kills than the previous chapter, to ensure everyone lived. Then Hammer time on the boss.

Dual Strike+ is pretty cool. It saved me from a few chancy operations by getting unexpected kills. I must admit I actually did get a bit lucky in this map; Fox's life was saved by a dual guard from Chrom and Sully joined in with Fred to kill a Myrm that I really needed dead.

Fox        Tactician    8    26    10    13    6    8    7    10    7    E Sword, D Tome        C Chrom, C Fred    Veteran
Chrom        Lord        4    22    10    1    11    10    8    8    2    D Sword            C Lissa, C Fox    Dual Strike+
Frederick    Great Knight    3    30    15    3    14    11    7    15    5    D Sword, A Lance, D Axe    C Fox        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter
Lissa        Cleric        4    19    2    8    6    5    10    3    4    D Staff            C Chrom        Miracle
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    2    19    7    3    12    12    8    5    8    D Lance                    Spd +2

Yay for wireless menu and Renown items up to Sigurd's Lance! \'o'/

Just no-grinding is pretty mild compared to most playlogs out there. Without putting some random, arbitrary limit on it, grinding just trivializes everything too much. It's one thing to play smart with the available resources to get quicker, easier kills. Another to just kick it all to the curb and force your way through.

Yay for wireless menu and Renown items up to Sigurd's Lance! \'o'/

Oh, you do it so you can brag.

That makes sense.

I guess.

Panne x Gaius

Good luck with that - I see both of them - or at least Gaius - as among the harder units to work with in this game...

Edited by Levant Fortner

WHOSE FOX LOL

O

IS HE UR MU???

And that's how Integrity was banned from Serenes Forest forums.

Par 1: 18/54

I know, I know, awful turn count. But either I'm really bad, or God damn, this map is too brutal. Forget Donnel, hardly anyone could survive a single round of combat here. Archers have 11 Spd and 22 atk and Brigands have 11 Spd and 24-28 Atk, Thieves have 19 Spd to double everyone and be hard to hit, half the Brigands have Short Axes (and one has a Hammer!)...Jesus, please save me.

Str Tonics for Chrom and Sumia, Def Tonics for Fred and Fox.

Had to have Sumia fly Fred to that chokepoint a little north of the starting position to block off some enemies there and draw away the archer. Fox/Kellam (she needed his Def to survive two rounds) grabbed enemies south while Chrom/Virion took the Bandit and Thief from the north. Bushes saved me, not for their defensive boosts, but for keeping certain enemies away long enough. When it came to the middle-ish portion, there was a lot of Fred/Chrom/Fox tanking. I brought Miriel along for range attacking, but there were too many Bows and Short Axes for her to do much. It doesn't really matter, though, because no one I didn't deploy could survive a round anyway.

Donnel didn't do a thing until later when the only enemies left were the ones who only moved when in range. And he only killed Archers.

I missed the Killer Lance (couldn't push through fast enough), which really sucks, but I got the Rescue.

I also looked ahead at Ch 4 and although the enemies are a higher level (lv 5 vs 4), it seems like their stats are slightly worse.

Fox        Tactician    11    28    11    15    6    10    8    10    9    D Sword, C Tome        C Chrom/Fred    Veteran, Solidarity
Chrom        Lord        6    24    12    2    12    12    10    9    2    C Sword            C Lissa/Fox    Dual Strike+
Lissa        Cleric        6    20    2    10    8    6    10    3    6    D Staff            C Chrom        Miracle
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    3    19    7    3    12    13    8    5    8    D Lance                    Spd +2

God, these stats look horrible.

So, should I reclass Fox? If so, to what? (Yes, I have a Second Seal from Renown)

Does Pair Up fix Fox's hit rate issues quickly enough (what with starting out with Thunder and all)? Aside from that, the -5% to growths in strength and defence look like the best (least bad) just by looking at the table on the site.

You might get more mileage saving that Second Seal for Chrom (Cavalier, since being sword-locked is awkward past the earlygame, and since Chrom's low Mov as a Lord makes him underwhelming) or Panne; I always like having Rally Spectrum on Avatar.

Does Pair Up fix Fox's hit rate issues quickly enough (what with starting out with Thunder and all)? Aside from that, the -5% to growths in strength and defence look like the best (least bad) just by looking at the table on the site.

Not completely. I'll probably give her my Secret Book.

Sometimes I wish I could just skip the Asset/Flaw tihng completely. It's actually fairly well-balanced, as any flaw you choose tends to have a noticeable impact and I often find it hard to pick one.

You might get more mileage saving that Second Seal for Chrom (Cavalier, since being sword-locked is awkward past the earlygame, and since Chrom's low Mov as a Lord makes him underwhelming) or Panne; I always like having Rally Spectrum on Avatar.

I'll probably have another by the time Panne is ready, at least, but Rally Spectrum is the reason I tend to like keeping the Avatar in the base class. That skill will probably be extra helpful on Lunatic.

Yay, a Lunatic playlog, this should be fun. I seem to remember the enemy stats for Chapter 4 being lower than those of Paralogue 1. Maybe that's why the chapter was so hard?

They are. It's odd. As far as my rule of being level appropriate, I went to Paralogue 1 at the right time, but stat appropriate would have pushed it back.

I suppose what we can take from this is that Donnel won't usually be recruited immediately in a Lunatic run. Poor guy, he's already unusable without grinding.

Ch 4: 4/58

Dropped a Secret Book on Fox.

Oh man, this felt soooo much better after that painful Paralogue 1.

A Str Tonic on Sumia meant Sigurd Lance!Fred + Beast Killer!Sumia could take down Marth exactly. Fox and Chrom went back-to-back on the Fighters, finishing them on turn 2 while Fred took out a Mage, putting him in position to ORKO a Knight. On turn 3 Chrom and Fox took out the remaining mage while Fred used Orsin's Hatchet to start on a Short Axe Fighter, finishing him on enemy phase and weakening the remaining Knight for Sumia to kill. Chrom paired up with Fox, giving her just enough Spd to double and she had just enough Mag to ORKO the remaining Fighter (Chrom joined in anyway, though).

Fox        Tactician    11    28    11    15    8    10    8    10    9    D Sword, C Tome        B Chrom, C Fred    Veteran, Solidarity
Chrom        Lord        7    25    13    2    13    13    11    9    2    C Sword            B Fox, C Lissa    Dual Strike+
Lissa        Cleric        6    21    3    11    8    7    11    3    7    C Staff            C Chrom        Miracle
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    4    20    8    3    13    13    9    5    8    D Lance                    Spd +2

Barracks are now unlocked and I didn't get anything noteworthy there, but I did get a Steel Sword, Elfire, and Wyrmslayer from an Anna shop. Perfect timing on that last one, really. Although all three are readily available from Bonus Box teams anyway.

Speaking of that...it's something I always forget and never considered before, but an Eirika's Blade sure looks appetizing. I don't have a lot left to spend, but I think I will be looking into what items I can get from these teams. Even if one prefers to avoid the use of anna/barracks/event items, Bonus Box team shops are constant. I'm just hoping that allowing all this won't make the game too easy down the line.

Ch 5: 12/70

Str and Def Tonics all around.

Interestingly, I beat this without a single reset. However, I believe I got extremely lucky when, to save Maribelle, Lissa dodged both a Wyvern and Brigand attack, either of which would have killed her. My mouth was literally hung open when it happened. She was in bushes and paired with Lon'qu, but still...

Anyway, the Volant Axe made short work of the initial Wyvern + magic doods threat. Fox!Chrom made short work of the Brigands and Myrm to the south on enemy phase, then stuck around for reinforcements while Sumia!Fred parked on the fort with an Iron Sword to take the Wyvern onslaught, rarely being in any danger. Really, once Maribelle and Ricken were moved to safety, it wasn't all that difficult. I didn't even use the Wyrmslayer I bought.

It should have been one turn less, but Chrom got hit by Nosferatu and didn't get a dual attack from Fox, leaving that guy alive for Fred to kill, and then he missed the remaining Myrm on enemy phase. Luckily I was able to get him to level 10 safely by having him attack the Myrm (who would have killed him up close should he miss again) with the Levin Sword.

Chrom's and Sumia's levels were pretty good, but Fox's and Fred's...weren't.

Fox        Tactician    12    28    11    16    9    10    8    10    10    D Sword, C Tome        B Chrom, C Fred    Veteran, Solidarity
Chrom        Lord        10    28    16    2    13    16    13    11    3    C Sword            B Fox, C Lissa    Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    8    35    17    3    16    12    10    17    7    C Sword, A Lance, B Axe    C Sumia, C Fox    Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    6    21    9    4    14    14    11    5    10    C Lance            C Fred        Spd +2

Thanks for the Shockstick, Maribelle. Happy Birthday.

Does my turn count suck or is it just Lunatic?

I want to re-class Chrom to Cavalier, but I really like the use of Rapiers, and I even have a Noble Rapier from Renown. Decisions, decisions...

You certainly have efficiencies that could be teased out, but Lunatic is abusively hard in the earlygame when you aren't just going Avatar-solo. It takes longer to get to critical mass when you're training as many of the early units as you have in the army.

Ch 6: 7/77

Yes, I'm already straying a bit and going for Ch 6 before Par 2. Reasons:
- Gaius and Panne are my last intended team members for a few maps and are both recruited here.
- The enemy levels in both are the same, but the enemies in Par 2 are more numerous and stronger. Similar atk power, but enemies in the Paralogue are faster, with Bandits having 12 Spd vs 9 Spd in Ch 6.

Blew some money on a Second Seal, Master Seal, and Arms Scroll courtesy of Anna. See, the reason I find this okay even in a log like this is because I literally always get at least one of each Seal from Anna (Arms Scroll is rarer, but not particularly uncommon). I understand that people sometimes disallow them to make the run as non-luck based and repeatable as possible, but it ends up not being very accurate because these things will happen in a standard run. However, if/when I find something super rare that makes a large impact on the run, I'll let you all know.

This one took some precision. I had Fox with a Lon'qu boost and Maribelle for healing clear out enemies to the east. Chrom with Sully (they have a C support) recruited Gaius and did his best taking out enemies in that general area, aided by Panne and Gaius when they were able. Sumia!Fred choked near Lucina, and everyone ganged up on Validar when he arrived. Sumia's only kill, aside from dual attacking, was Validar. Lol.

Noble Rapier was a pretty big help, as it OHKOd Cavaliers. The Dark Mages in this are really digusting, though, as a few have Nosferatu and they generally have pretty good defense.

I did manage to get the Secret Book.

Fox        Tactician    14    30    12    16    9    12    10    10    11    D Sword, C Tome        A Chrom, C Fred    Veteran, Solidarity
Frederick    Great Knight    10    37    17    3    17    12    10    19    7    B Sword, A Lance, A Axe    C Sumia, C Fox    Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Cleric        8    21    3    11    8    7    11    4    7    C Staff            C Chrom        Miracle
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    7    22    10    4    15    15    11    5    10    C Lance            C Fred        Spd +2
Panne        Taguel        Base

Par 2: 7/85

This was...easier than I thought it would be? Probably because I didn't need to have a multi-front battle, enabling me to use my good pairs. It only took one try.

Sumia flew Fred over the river to take out a Mage and some Brigands on enemy phase, but a few run by, heading for the village. Anna handles things as one might expect, and Fred was over in time to save her and the village.

Chrom!Fox handled the enemies immediately north pretty cleanly, then ran over and killed the boss and his minions (thank you, Celica's Gale). They got an unlucky miss on one of the Archers early on, but Lon'qu was around to pick him off.

Gaius could be OHKOd by Brigands...putting him on the team may not have been a good idea.

Fox        Tactician    17    33    14    19    9    13    12    11    11    D Sword, B Tome        A Chrom, C Fred    Veteran, Solidarity
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    8    23    10    4    16    16    11    5    11    C Lance            B Fred        Spd +2

Ch 7: 5/90

Things are getting easier what with Fox x Chrom building and Fox getting...good. Panne and Gaius are still having a bit of a difficult time, though. Gaius hasn't been able to nab a kill anywhere yet.

Chrom/Fox actually did most of the tanking in this one, with Fred/Sumia taking some leftovers. One stray Wyvern was taken out by Lon'qu and Gaius!Panne.

Not much else to say. This map is a pretty straight shot and I cleared it before the reinforcements could arrive.

Fox        Tactician    19    35    15    20    10    15    14    11    12    D Sword, B Tome        A Chrom, C Fred    Veteran, Solidarity
Chrom        Lord        13    29    18    2    14    16    14    13    4    B Sword            A Fox, C Lissa    Dual Strike+, Charm
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    9    24    10    4    17    17    11    6    11    B Lance            B Fred        Spd +2

Par 3: 7/97

Yay, Chrom proposed to me \'o'/! I mean, uh...to Fox! Yay! All that FHOOOOing and HAAAAAAAing. And is it just me, or has Chrom apparently loved every girl he can potentially marry since he basically met them (except Sully)?

Forged some MT on Gaius' Sword because fuck you need to damage stuff.

This map could have been 6, but an unlucky miss pushed it to 7. Oh well, my levels were largely on the good side.

I promoted Fox and sent her with Chrom to duo everything. S Support works wonders and they have easily surpassed Fred as my main frontline unit. Sumia flew Fred west to kill the Archer, a Fighter, and two Pegs while Panne and Gaius stuck around at the start area to do what they could (not much).

Chrom and Fox eventually went for the boss area while the rest went south west. I had to use the Rescue staff to save the last remaining villager, but oh well, it's buyable later.

Yeah, I know I wouldn't normally be able to promote anyone at this point in the game without Anna shops, but prior to this map I have already seen two available. And I've only been playing this run for a day or two now.

Fox        Grandmaster    3    40    20    25    12    19    14    14    15    D Sword, B Tome        S Chrom, C Fred    Veteran, Solidarity
Chrom        Lord        14    30    19    3    14    17    15    14    4    B Sword            S Fox, C Lissa    Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    11    38    18    3    17    13    11    19    7    B Sword, A Lance, A Axe    A Sumia, C Fox    Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Cleric        10    22    4    12    9    9    12    4    8    C Staff            C Chrom        Miracle
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    9    24    10    4    17    17    11    6    11    B Lance            A Fred        Spd +2
Gaius        Thief        6    23    7    0    13    15    7    6    3    D Sword            C Panne        Locktouch

And now, I have a level 10 Lissa. Although she is mostly intended as a staffer, I don't like the idea of cutting her level gain short by promoting her so fast (or when reasonable considering my current lack of Master Seals) if I don't need it yet. What I'm considering is re-classing her to Troubador, which gives her a better class but forces me to put 9 more levels in her before she can promote. Thoughts? I've already got two Second Seals and will be getting a third in the next map, so Panne will be fine as well as one more for a while.

No suggestions, I am unloved.

Someone post so I won't have to triple post later.

Ch 8: 6/103

Started by flying Fred!Sumia over and hitting some enemies up with a Javelin. Panne!Gaius stuck behind for that annoying Fighter and Chrom!Fox charged straight south.

On the second turn I had Fred and Sumia switch since she'd been hit pretty hard, and on the third turn he got the Master Seal. They doubled back to get the remaining Fighter. Nowi with Gregor actually picked off a Cavalier they missed.

Chrom and Fox duo'd the middle, with Chrom getting in on some of the action. Around turn 3 I actually made a fatal miscalculation by putting Lissa in range of a Cavalier that could OHKO her at 94 Hit, but she was saved by a Dual Guard from Maribelle. Phew. When done there, they charged the boss.

Cordelia got the Rescue on turn 2, then flew down to get the Second Seal. What sucks here is that, in order to stay away from range of the enemies, she must be one space away from being in range of the Second Seal village, and I put her in a position such that she was in Desert and transferring Gaius to her was hard. Panne and Nowi were both one space away, but transferring Gaius to Nowi first gave her the necessary Move to transfer Gaius to Cordelia and nab the Second Seal without losing a turn.

Gaius and Panne are not getting enough action...Am I overusing Fox?

Fox        Grandmaster    5    42    21    27    13    20    15    14    16    D Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis
Chrom        Lord        15    31    20    3    14    17    16    15    4    A Sword            S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    12    40    19    3    17    13    11    19    7    A Sword, A Lance, A Axe    A Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Troubadour    1    22    4    12    9    10    12    4    7    B Staff                    Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    11    26    10    4    17    19    12    7    12    B Lance            A Fred        Spd +2, Relief
Gaius        Thief        6    23    7    0    13    15    7    6    3    C Sword            C Panne        Locktouch

Ch 9: 5/108

Not simple to do 5 turns recruiting both Libra and Tharja, but reinforcements would take time and risk if I allowed another turn to pass.

Sumia flew down with Fred, getting a Wyvern on turn 1 and taking some enemies on enemy phase. She switched with Fred after taking hits so he could get to work on the enemies attacking Libra.

Chrom joined Fox and they started slaughtering. By the second turn they were already attracting enemies nearer the front of the building. On turn 3 I switched with Chrom and moved him to a Fort so Libra would be able to talk to Chrom and recruit himself. Fred also switched with Sumia for one final kill in the area and to prepare to take out the remaining Archer on the coming phase.

When Chrom then recruited Tharja, he transferred Fox to her and she dropped Fox close enough to the boss so Chrom!Fox could hit him up with some Celica's Gale. I almost had Chrom use the Noble Rapier on him, but I didn't want to risk getting fucked over by Pavise and lack of dual triggers despite the 78% dual attack rate.

Gaius and Panne got to pick off a couple straggling soldiers near the starting area.

Fox        Grandmaster    7    44    21    27    15    21    17    14    16    D Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis
Chrom        Lord        16    32    20    3    14    18    17    15    5    A Sword            S Fox        Dual Strike+, Charm
Frederick    Great Knight    12    40    19    3    17    13    11    19    7    A Sword, A Lance, A Axe    S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Troubadour    2    22    5    13    9    10    13    4    8    B Staff                    Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    12    27    10    4    18    20    13    7    13    B Lance            S Fred        Spd +2, Relief
Gaius        Thief        6    23    7    0    13    15    7    6    3    C Sword            B Panne        Locktouch

Par 4: 7/115

It was just a test run, but it worked out well, so I took it!

Had Fred and Sumia start things off west. Fox killed the Myrm in Chrom's immediate path so he could get moving to Anna. Gaius opened the front door to let Libra in.

Anna can actually reasonably die on the first enemy phase. How annoying. Libra also got knocked down pretty low.

Recruited Anna and had her, Sumia, and Chrom kill some enemies in the vicinity. Libra and Gaius had to bail a bit so as not to get murdered; Fox took the remaining enemies over there instead.

Anna got a lucky crit on the Thief, but I did have a backup plan. Fox got transferred to Chrom and on the next turn they wiped out the boss area while Anna opened a chest. Since the remaining enemies were a bit scattered and a couple had range, I didn't bother trying to take them all out in one more turn, so I set up to get rid of a few and be ready to get all the chests, which I managed to do. Sumia then finished things off.

Gaius got the more southern chest. Meh.

Fox        Grandmaster    10    47    24    30    17    23    19    14    16    D Sword, A Tome        S Chrom        Veteran, Solidarity, Ignis
Frederick    Great Knight    13    41    19    4    18    14    11    19    7    A Sword, A Lance, A Axe    S Sumia        Discipline, Outdoor Fighter, Luna
Lissa        Troubadour    3    23    5    14    9    11    14    4    9    B Staff                    Miracle, Healtouch, Res +2
Sumia        Pegasus Knight    14    28    11    4    19    21    14    7    14    A Lance            S Fred        Spd +2, Relief
Gaius        Thief        7    24    8    0    14    16    8    6    3    C Sword            B Panne        Locktouch