What would you like to return?

Espinosa

Which of these would you like to return?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these would you like to return?

As we know, Awakening summarised some of the distinct features and mechanics from previous Fire Emblem titles. However, many of the old functions remain absent, or were omitted. For a prospect Fire Emblem after FE13, which of these would you most like to make a return?

Stealing items from enemies is about the only thing on that list I actually care about. And possibly shoving.

Edit: ... AoE magic? I don't remember that being in a FE game... the closest I can think the series got to that was the last bosses in RD.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Edit: ... AoE magic? I don't remember that being in a FE game... the closest I can think the series got to that was the last bosses in RD.

FE2 had it!

Stealing items from enemies was cool to me, so I wouldn't mind seeing that. Otherwise, fatigue being an option would be kind of neat.

I always liked Reaver weapons.

Fixed growths only if it is a separate option as it is in PoR.

Stealing from enemies was always fun.

Instead of bringing back the old rescue/drop system, I'd rather they balance pair up better.

Shoving is a cool feature that I'd like to see again.

Instead of bringing back the old rescue/drop system, I'd rather they balance pair up better.

Come to think of it, that'd be my preference on the matter - mainly because when I did play the FEs that didn't have rescuing, I felt the absence of rescuing was no big loss.

Thinking of the old rescue system, I wouldn't mind a combination of it and pair-up. As in, you can do one or the other. You could rescue a weak unit to save it, or pair-up with another unit to assist it/have it save you, but maybe have it so you can't switch positions or have the rescue affect and not make the 'lead' unit able to move for the turn, and not have pair-up available if it couldn't move. But anyway, things like arenas, reavers, shoving/smiting, stealing, warp, and statuses (going in a broader range than just staves) would be a nice thing to see.

STATUS EFFECTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!they were one of the things that made me think... somthing they really don't have in awakening. Some staus were better than others but I felt that they were a good addition to the series...

I sad you didn't have Fog of War listed :(

Shove was very usefull... I miss it

Stealing was fun :) espeacialy w/ RD disarm abuse and of course every staff weilder in POR...

I really liked the Fatigue system. But the thing I really want to see comeback isn't an option on here :/ the dismounting from FE3 and FE5.

Stealing why even have a thief class if they can't steal anything rabble rabble etc. , at least an option for fixed growths, fe4-style arenas which were absolutely perfect why oh why did they get rid of then change then get rid of them again woe rabble rabble etc. , either capturing and a reason to use it or some other method of subduing enemies that might theoretically allow me to beat a FE game without killing anyone, and shoving. Those were neat features to have in general, and fit into the gameplay pretty well to boot.

Fatigue, definitely.

They need to add a mechanic to punish a player for overly relying on a low number of powerhouses.

Because once your stats get high enough, strategy becomes pointless. And with the 2RNG avoid calculation and Def growths rising sky high, reaching that point becomes easier and easier.

Or maybe just automatically adjust the level of the enemies.

Edited by BrightBow

Arenas are great, but they are made a bit obsolete by abuseable DLCs that give gold and/or experience in copious amounts.

Item stealing is always fun to get a few extra trinkets without paying for them. I'd put capture in there too, which was a fun mechanic.

Fatigue encourages the player to use a more diverse team, but I'll admit it was more useful in its original game where mounted units could take a break indoors, foot units outdoors and it made staff users require a bit more thinking so that you don't spam their staves needlessly.

I'm unsure why status staves are gone. They make a fairly good obstacle in the hands of powerful enemy casters.

AoE magic actually feels like magic. I wish all spells could be like that, but a guy can dream.

Shoving was a neat addition too. It could be fun to use in maps that have hidden traps so that the enemy pushes you in/you push enemies there for massive damage.

I'd like to see pairing up be reformed perhaps merged with rescue and make it less broken.

I'd like to see fog of war return since that really gave you a need for thieves and more opportunities for strategy.

I'm not entirely sure why they took out status effects because I think they added a lot of the game, for example, if you gave some of the generic guys poison swords you'd have to build a strategy around that rather than just sending in a unit that gets no (or like 1 point) damage from them and letting him kill them all.

But most of all I want to see weapon weights added back in because that gave you a reason not to just pick the most legendary of weapons. Why would I equip any of my units with Armsthrift + 50+ luck with anything but the weapon that they could do the most damage with? I mean, aside from the fun of beating everyone senseless with a log, there's no gameplay reason why you shouldn't just pick the best. Weapon weights made you think more, do you want to do 5 damage with an iron sword or do you want to attack twice for 2 damage with a slim sword?

I'd like to see pairing up be reformed perhaps merged with rescue and make it less broken.

I'd like to see fog of war return since that really gave you a need for thieves and more opportunities for strategy.

I'm not entirely sure why they took out status effects because I think they added a lot of the game, for example, if you gave some of the generic guys poison swords you'd have to build a strategy around that rather than just sending in a unit that gets no (or like 1 point) damage from them and letting him kill them all.

But most of all I want to see weapon weights added back in because that gave you a reason not to just pick the most legendary of weapons. Why would I equip any of my units with Armsthrift + 50+ luck with anything but the weapon that they could do the most damage with? I mean, aside from the fun of beating everyone senseless with a log, there's no gameplay reason why you shouldn't just pick the best. Weapon weights made you think more, do you want to do 5 damage with an iron sword or do you want to attack twice for 2 damage with a slim sword?

I agree with everything you said though I'd like to see poison get buffed...(maybe a slight stat reduction on top of the damage?)

I would hope that it either has a lv up able con or uses strenghth again.. so we don't have classes geting completly screwed also, Blades ^_^