FE:A US sales now total 240,000

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to money put into movies, I am never sure how good or bad this is exactly.

I think the Super Smash Bros. games or Wii Sports has sold into the millions. I take it FE is not a money maker, but the DLC certainly seems like it.

Edited by Vorena

I think it's best to compare with previous Fire Emblem sales, rather than other (more popular) games.

The previous best selling FE was FE3 at 776K sold in Japan.

It's almost certain this game will outperform it worldwhile and that's before factoring in the DLC sales.

Edited by VincentASM
Typo'd FE3 as FE4

Good. I hope that the people at IS are swimming around in a giant pool full of money, Scrooge McDuck style, because I want more of this kind of Fire Emblem. Maybe next time they can afford feet.

Edited by Interceptor

^I never noticed the feet thing until the interview lol They better bring back defensive maps.

I think it's best to compare with previous Fire Emblem sales, rather than other (more popular) games.

The previous best selling FE was FE4 at 776K sold in Japan.

It's almost certain this game will outperform it worldwhile and that's before factoring in the DLC sales.

Ah, very true. Sometimes I just got the feeling in the past that Fire Emblem was not going to stay in localized in other countries. A number of times the games were purposefully changed to remove difficulty. Some releases were never made whatsoever such as FE4 never making Virtual Console outside of Japan or FE12 being completely removed. FE sales never seemed impression and I figured that if it wasn't making money overseas, then it wouldn't be launched.

Actually, I have no idea what goes behind the decision making for overseas releases in anything. Maybe not releasing FE12 in other countries was a strategy move to better prepare for this one when FE11 sort of flopped.

Edited by Vorena

Yeah, FE12 was a remake of a game that only the Japanese fanbase was really fond of, and on a dying system no less. In hindsight, it isn't too surprising it didn't make it over here.

With the EU and AUS release in just less than 2 days' time, I wouldn't be surprised to see total Awakening global sales rocket to over a million.

Some releases were never made whatsoever such as FE4 never making Virtual Console outside of Japan or FE12 being completely removed. FE sales never seemed impression and I figured that if it wasn't making money overseas, then it wouldn't be launched.

Its not just FE4; FE1-5 were released on the Japanese Virtual Console.

They weren't released here because it would have cost Nintendo money to translate them--more than it'd be profitable.

That's not really a sign of FE struggling with the West, but more of a sign that it's not big enough to receive REALLY special treatment.

Edited by VincentASM

Good. I hope that the people at IS are swimming around in a giant pool full of money, Scrooge McDuck style, because I want more of this kind of Fire Emblem. Maybe next time they can afford feet.

Dayshavoo.... I already mentioned this at another thread but you do realize the style is quite similar to the Final Fantasy DS games (but way better graphics/details), right?

The developers got their inspiration from somewhere there or another game similar. It's sad that there's people making a big fuss over the feet in FE: Awakening and quite oblivious on other different previous dated games.

Blazing Sword and Scared Stoners are still winning in terms of worldwide and American sales. Awakening will need to break a million worldwide to beat FE7.

Is that data from VGChartz? I wouldn't trust those figures at all.

According to the NPD data, FE7 sold 75,748 copies in November (its launch month) and *apparently* it sold around 256K in its lifetime in the US. That's nowhere near the 490K VGChartz is predicting.

I already mentioned this at another thread but you do realize the style is quite similar to the Final Fantasy DS games (but way better graphics/details), right?

Zero shits given about years-old handheld remakes of ancient Square titles. This is Sparta Fire Emblem.

It's sad that there's people making a big fuss over the feet in FE: Awakening and quite oblivious on other different previous dated games.

If something is dumb, it's dumb. Gamers expect developers to raise the bar for quality, otherwise we'd still be playing Pong.

^I never noticed the feet thing until the interview lol They better bring back defensive maps.

By defensive maps, I hope you don't mean those 'defend blahblahblah' maps... I hated those maps, lol. I rather prefer rout enemy or a straight boss kill.

This is still some pleasant news though for FEA.

Zero shits given about years-old handheld remakes of ancient Square titles. This is Sparta Fire Emblem.

If something is dumb, it's dumb. Gamers expect developers to raise the bar for quality, otherwise we'd still be playing Pong.

Hmm... I wonder why the "style" is "popular" in Japan and other fans. Do note that they don't really care for foreigners or focus on their opinions/views.

If you don't like it and it bugs you so much that you gotta mention it, don't bother to play a JRPG game.

Yay, Fire Emblem is finally on the rise. And all it needed to do,is to sacrifice any sense of decency.

With stuff like RobinxTharja's A-support, the shameless lolicon pandering with Nowi and the lingerie brigade in general it's like IS successfully digged for a complete new level for the lowest common determinatior.

Fiction may not define us but it does reflect who we are. And I don't like what this reflection shows. If this is what passes as mainstream nowadays, I find that nothing short of depressing.

So please forgive me that I don't care much about the series success anymore. If the series crashes and burns now, then nothing of value will be lost.

Yay, Fire Emblem is finally on the rise. And all it needed to do,is to sacrifice any sense of decency.

With stuff like RobinxTharja's A-support, the shameless lolicon pandering with Nowi and the lingerie brigade in general it's like IS successfully digged for a complete new level for the lowest common determinatior.

Fiction may not define us but it does reflect who we are. And I don't like what this reflection shows. If this is what passes as mainstream nowadays, I find that nothing short of depressing.

So please forgive me that I don't care much about the series success anymore. If the series crashes and burns now, then nothing of value will be lost.

Yeah, fire emblem sold so well because of the fan service. Definitely wasn't for the refreshing gameplay, risks with new pairing systems, the story which gave immense character depth, the very real feeling interactions between the characters, with the most hilarious quirks, this all disregarding all the "metagame" combinations to not challenge other people but simply to fight the hardest DLC in the game.

Yeah but you're right, too much cleavage not enough substance.

Edited by Khainiwest

Hmm... I wonder why the "style" is "popular" in Japan and other fans.

Who knows? It's the country that gave us tentacle demons. Sometimes it's better to not ask too many questions.

Do note that they don't really care for foreigners or focus on their opinions/views.

They can hold their noses all they like; they have no industry unless they also sell games that smelly gaijin will buy, since the worldwide market is bigger than Japan's.

If you don't like it and it bugs you so much that you gotta mention it, don't bother to play a JRPG game.

I have a counter proposal: I'll complain about it to my heart's content, because I'm entitled to express disappointment with things that I don't like, and still play JRPGs regardless. If this bothers anyone, I have a coping mechanism that involves sunglasses.

Yeah, fire emblem sold so well because of the fan service. Definitely wasn't for the refreshing gameplay, risks with new pairing systems, the story which gave immense character depth, the very real feeling interactions between the characters, with the most hilarious quirks, this all disregarding all the "metagame" combinations to not challenge other people but simply to fight the hardest DLC in the game.

Yeah but you're right, too much cleavage not enough substance.

Character depth?

The characters are onedimensional, that someone like Virion won't even stop to hump Sulliy's leg even when faced with a rain of fire and an undead invasion. He won't act like a human being, for even for a split second.

And the supports read themselves as if someone is trying to tell the same joke over and over in the hope that it gets funny eventually. And then someone just slips someone a ring over the finger randomly.

Yes. There is no substance to these guys. They are all unrelatable caricatures.

You know, BrightBow, you hate the fanservice a lot it seems, yet you use DLC Micaiah in your icon, centered around her cleavage? I agree that the fanservice is a bit too much, but it doesn't make Awakening a bad Fire Emblem game.

Character depth?

The characters are onedimensional, that someone like Virion won't even stop to hump Sulliy's leg even when faced with a rain of fire and an undead invasion. He won't act like a human being, for even for a split second.

And the supports read themselves as if someone is trying to tell the same joke over and over in the hope that it gets funny eventually. And then someone just slips someone a ring over the finger randomly.

Yes. There is no substance to these guys. They are all unrelatable caricatures.

Yo Brightbow you wanna quit with this crusade that FE13 is the devil and should be doused in holy water yet?

Edited by Opinion Leader Jedi

You know, BrightBow, you hate the fanservice a lot it seems, yet you use DLC Micaiah in your icon, centered around her cleavage? I agree that the fanservice is a bit too much, but it doesn't make Awakening a bad Fire Emblem game.

It's supposed to reference a certain piece of promotional artwork for Dead or Alive 5.

This one here to be exact:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/643186-dead-or-alive-5/images/gs_screen-128

And now that IS called Tharja the "perfect fighter", I feel even less like changing it.

They can hold their noses all they like; they have no industry unless they also sell games that smelly gaijin will buy, since the worldwide market is bigger than Japan's.

You're oblivious and probably isolated.... I wonder why I know what I'm talking about due to being in Japan, having buddies, and socializing a lot (in Japanese). Also playing lots of Japanese games that's in Japanese.

Here's a fact: Check out the otaku/fans that buys a lot. The Japanese anime/manga/culture market itself is "HUGE".

Who knows? It's the country that gave us tentacle demons. Sometimes it's better to not ask too many questions.

Says the guy whining a lot about feet (which is much simpler than "tentacle demons") on FE: Awakening.... :facepalm:

Edited by SparkNorkx

BrightBow

Yo Brightbow you wanna quit with this crusade that FE13 is the devil and should be doused in holy water yet?

Gee, I don't know... Will you quit worshipping a game that has implied rape lead right into marriage?

Seriously, Tharja is pretty much a female version of freaking Valter.

And now that IS called Tharja the "perfect fighter", I feel even less like changing it.

Come to think of it, I guess I should change it. I probably just kinda liked it because of all the time I invested in getting the font just right without resorting to copy and paste.

Edited by BrightBow

It's supposed to reference a certain piece of promotional artwork for Dead or Alive 5.

This one here to be exact:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/643186-dead-or-alive-5/images/gs_screen-128

Where did they call Tharja the perfect fighter? Just curious...