FE:A US sales now total 240,000

Yay, Fire Emblem is finally on the rise. And all it needed to do,is to sacrifice any sense of decency.

And by "sacrifice any sense of decency", you mean "deliver mechanics that people enjoy". If sexing up a title was enough to make it move, I think that Agarest would have blown the doors off the world.

As it turns out, people actually give a shit about fun gameplay.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, I don't know... Will you quit worshipping a game that has implied rape lead right into marriage?

Seriously, Tharja is pretty much a female version of freaking Valter.

Hahaha, you think I'm worshipping it. That's a good one, I don't even have the game yet. I can judge some things like Tharja are a bit crude yes, but you are taking this a little too seriously.

Character depth?

The characters are onedimensional, that someone like Virion won't even stop to hump Sulliy's leg even when faced with a rain of fire and an undead invasion. He won't act like a human being, for even for a split second.

And the supports read themselves as if someone is trying to tell the same joke over and over in the hope that it gets funny eventually. And then someone just slips someone a ring over the finger randomly.

Yes. There is no substance to these guys. They are all unrelatable caricatures.

Someone clearly hasn't actually read the story or done any of the support conversations. You lost all credibility by trying to post a really poor first impression example.

Good job.

Where did they call Tharja the perfect fighter? Just curious...

In this interview:

http://fireemblem.nintendo.com/developer-interview/

It's on page 3.

Edit:

Someone clearly hasn't actually read the story or done any of the support conversations. You lost all credibility by trying to post a really poor first impression example.

Good job.

Personally I feel that I read enough supports. And I don't see a reason why the writing should suddenly shift to good after Marth's introduction.

Heck, one of the developers in that interview called it his favourite scene. And if it was considered bad, it wouldn't be in the demo, since the very purpose is to give a good first impression.

Edited by BrightBow

In this interview:

http://fireemblem.nintendo.com/developer-interview/

It's on page 3.

You do realize they are mocking the dialogue where they state in the support conversations that Tharja has the best body in the army right?

I suggest you pick your battles wisely as I have nearly 350 hours invested in this game, and it certainly wasn't staring at "fanservice".

Edit:

Personally I feel that I read enough supports. And I don't see a reason why the writing should suddenly shift to good after Marth's introduction.

Heck, one of the developers in that interview called it his favourite scene. And if it was considered bad, it wouldn't be in the demo, since the very purpose is to give a good first impression.

Are you kidding? How can you judge a character without knowing anything about him. You don't know what the hell you're talking about

Edited by Khainiwest

Posted · Hidden by eCut, April 17, 2013 - Spam, does not contribute.
Hidden by eCut, April 17, 2013 - Spam, does not contribute.

Queen's Blade is more popular than Pokemon, guys don't you understand Bright Bow.

You're oblivious and probably isolated.... I wonder why I know what I'm talking about due to being in Japan, having buddies, and socializing a lot (in Japanese). Also playing lots of Japanese games that's in Japanese.

Here's a fact: Check out the otaku/fans that buys a lot. The Japanese anime/manga/culture market itself is "HUGE".

Hoo boy, looks like I have to use simple words here.

I'm not calling into question your credentials (I am sure that they are impeccable, and that you have the Prime Minister on speed-dial), or suggesting than Japanese people aren't xenophobic (because they are); I am making the point that the worldwide gaming market is bigger than Japan's. Apparently this is controversial. Who knew?

Well, I guess couldn't do it after all. Sorry, use a dictionary.

Says the guy whining a lot about feet (which is much simpler than "tentacle demons") on FE: Awakening.... :facepalm:

Hey, all I said was to be careful about asking questions that you don't really want to know the answer to.

Gee, I don't know... Will you quit worshipping a game that has implied rape lead right into marriage?

Seriously, Tharja is pretty much a female version of freaking Valter.

Come to think of it, I guess I should change it. I probably just kinda liked it because of all the time I invested in getting the font just right without resorting to copy and paste.

To be fair it isn't the first fire emblem with implied rapists running around. Its just the first one who mentioned the marriage bit.

I agree with you that the fan service is a bit distastefull, but isn't saying that it ruined the series going a little bit too far? The gameplay is still there and while most characters do have a gimmick they aren't that one dimensional from what I've seen so far.

To be fair it isn't the first fire emblem with implied rapists running around. Its just the first one who mentioned the marriage bit.

I agree with you that the fan service is a bit distastefull, but isn't saying that it ruined the series going a little bit too far? The gameplay is still there and while most characters do have a gimmick they aren't that one dimensional from what I've seen so far.

The other rapists were Narshen and Valter. Both were villains. They were treated like they deserved and didn't get to marry their victims. I didn't like it much either but it's hardly comparable in any way.

Plus, Tharja makes the whole group look ridiculous because she makes absolutely no effort to hide that she is evil. She openly attacks people. She is merely creepy because the party somehow ignores a chronic backstabber.

But okay, maybe there is more to the characters. I'm just not confident about that.

Because Tharja is the character that everyone at IS and the fanbase loves. So I figured that I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover and read the scripts related to her.

Afterwards I was in dire need of a glass water.

If someone who is supposedly the best character is so god awful, (No reason for joining, No reason to be tolerated by the party, Flat as a line, Complete monster) then how can the rest of the cast be any better?

Edited by BrightBow

Hoo boy, looks like I have to use simple words here.

I'm not calling into question your credentials (I am sure that they are impeccable, and that you have the Prime Minister on speed-dial), or suggesting than Japanese people aren't xenophobic (because they are); I am making the point that the worldwide gaming market is bigger than Japan's. Apparently this is controversial. Who knew?

Well, I guess couldn't do it after all. Sorry, use a dictionary.

Hey, all I said was to be careful about asking questions that you don't really want to know the answer to.

Use a dictionary... That argument is a little child's argument.

No, your "simple" wording is not the same as your main wording. It's different or is adding to your argument.

Also, "be careful about asking questions that you don't really want to know the answer to" is not related to our "debate" whatsoever. It's like saying a random quote/saying from a famous person to a "un-related discussion" which makes yourself sound quite stupid.

Now this "quote/saying" is related to this discussion. But you unfortunately went against your own "feet argument" which means you wouldn't complain about the "feet" in the very beginning if you thought highly of that "quote/saying"....

Edited by SparkNorkx

As someone who is practically asexual I am glad that Brightbow clarified for me that I actually bought the game so that Tharja could rape me and I could marry Nowi. I had assumed this entire time I had purchased it because I liked FE8 and was very interested in seeing a continuation of that game's mechanics, but now I know better.
Time to start hoping that FE14 is a dating sim where you need to repopulate the dying Manakete species with characters like Nah, Myrrh, and FE11!Tiki.

Yeah, FE12 was a remake of a game that only the Japanese fanbase was really fond of, and on a dying system no less. In hindsight, it isn't too surprising it didn't make it over here.

Although do understand that the American fanbase was, to at least a certain extent, not fond of the games because most of them never played them. Admittedly even still the games remain more beloved in Japan compared to we who appear to prefer 4/7/9, but that's not entirely the game's fault.

Plus, Tharja makes the whole group look ridiculous because she makes absolutely no effort to hide that she is evil. She openly attacks people. She is merely creepy because the party somehow ignores a chronic backstabber.

Is it not OK to enjoy laughing at ridiculous things? Tharja is completely irrelevant to the story, and largely fills the Oliver role in this game.

No, your "simple" wording is not the same as your main wording. It's different or is adding to your argument

Consider the possibility that you misunderstood it in the first time.

oh no guys

i was going to buy the game because it seemed like a fun play

but now brightbow has convinced me that this game is all about rape and forced marriage and is unfunny

i guess i won't be getting this game to fuel the devil-spawn that is IS because if i do that means i support it

Edited by CT075

That's enough derailing this topic.

Get back on topic or just don't bother posting here, yeah?

Edit:
And I see you're replying, Brightbow. There is a high chance that it's going to further derail and if that's the case, I will be promptly removing it.

Edited by eCut

But if you don't give IS enough makka, then it'll never be able to fuse with fellow devil-spawn Atlus.

So about the actual topic, does this make FE Awakening the best selling FE game? Although I'm sure someone has already answered that, but I probably missed it.

Edited by Refa

Not quite the best selling yet in either region, but it's certainly the fastest selling.

But there are enough examples, even recent ones, that fastest selling doesn't necessarily equal highest selling.

Not quite the best selling yet in either region, but it's certainly the fastest selling.

But there are enough examples, even recent ones, that fastest selling doesn't necessarily equal highest selling.

^ True.

Edited by SparkNorkx

Posted · Hidden by eCut, April 17, 2013 - Continued derailment
Hidden by eCut, April 17, 2013 - Continued derailment

But if you don't give IS enough makka, then it'll never be able to fuse with fellow devil-spawn Atlus.

Except IS is a second-party developer that is owned by Nintendo...

Posted · Hidden by eCut, April 17, 2013 - Continuing the derailment
Hidden by eCut, April 17, 2013 - Continuing the derailment

The other rapists were Narshen and Valter. Both were villains. They were treated like they deserved and didn't get to marry their victims. I didn't like it much either but it's hardly comparable in any way.

Several person in FE1

Obviously a countless amount in FE4

Theres also one in FE7

And there was a Loli Sex Slave in FE5, that joined the team, not to mention one of the character in the team is recruited by kidnapping her, and mindlessly killing off all of her friends, and the party gets away with it.

Rapist and Loli with implications are not exactly new in FE, although Awakening basically put it up on front.

Also the story is total shit after chapter 11, but thats for another day

Pokémon Black and White sold millions of copies very quickly but fell flat after the first month or two and ended up as the lowest selling generation overall.

Skyward Sword was also touted as the fastest selling Zelda in press releases.

Edited by Ike-Mike