UK Fire Emblem event this Saturday

VincentASM

Nintendo is organising an in-store event at select GAME stores in the UK, this Saturday (20th April 2013) from 10am to 6pm and Fire Emblem: Awakening will be playable by the public.

Public details can be found here:

Nintendo and GAME announce Multiplayer Mayhem events

I've already PMed a bunch of people about this, but are there any UK fans who would be interested in helping out at this event?

The event staff are looking for Fire Emblem experts who will engage with customers, by encouraging them to try the game, helping them play the game and answering questions. You don't have to be there for the whole time, but you should be there for a "couple of hours" at least.

Travel costs will be covered and you *might* be paid for your time too.

If you're interested, please post here or send me an e-mail at:

aveyn_knight [at] yahoo (dot) co {dot} uk

I'll send you additional details, including the list of participating GAME stores.

For reference, I'm not part of Nintendo's or the event staff's team. However, I will probably be helping at one of the stores as an expert.

If you don't want to help, you could probably still come to enjoy the show : )

Edited by VincentASM

Posted · Hidden by VincentASM, April 17, 2013 - Mrow
Hidden by VincentASM, April 17, 2013 - Mrow

Dunno if I'm allowed to say this, but I wish Nintendo would try harder to promote these events.

I'm really glad they're holding the event on Saturday, but I wouldn't have known about this event if not by sheer luck.

Oh my goood. What I wouldn't give to go. Hell, I wouldn't give a crap whether or not I got paid. The thing itself sounds like a blast. 8D

Then again so does anything else that sounds remotely like FE. I have my needs. It doesn't hurt for my ticket to be covered either.

Is there any sort of list on which ones are doing it, (although I suppose the Bull Ring is big enough to assume it will be doing it)

Thanks for the interest! I have a bunch of messages and e-mails that I still have to read; I'll get to them as soon as I have time.

Anyway, if you want to participate in the public, then please check this page out:

Nintendo and GAME announce Multiplayer Mayhem events

It has a list of all the venues.

Whoo, I'm officially in the event! Only just too...

I hope some of the people who messaged me with their interest also received a confirmation. If not (the event was rather short notice), I think it might be a good idea to turn up at your suggested store regardless--perhaps explain to the staff you'd like to volunteer as a Fire Emblem expert.

Yeah, I too got a very late email from the staffing team, explained the sitch and offered future services, but I was just too knackered after a week in London and playing FE:A nonstop for waay too long. And with lecture starting again monday I figured I hadn't the time.

I bring a brief report on the event.

Not sure what it was like at other stores, but there wasn't really a huge Fire Emblem focus. If you read the public event details, you'll know that a whole bunch of games were being demo'd, so that's hardly a surprise.

At my venue, there were three very nice staff members promoting Monster Hunter on the Wii U and Luigi's Mansion 2, Lego City, etc. on the Nintendo 3DS. The GAME store wasn't particularly large, so there wasn't really much space to stand around, especially during busy periods.

Supposedly the event was meant to focus on multiplayer; the idea was that people were meant to bring along their 3DS for some multiplayer action. However, in reality, I didn't really see any of that. Presumably because of the short notice, nobody really knew about the event, so very few people came with their 3DSs.

There was a gentleman who had a 3DS at the very beginning, but I can't recall if he brought it for the event. We did have company from StreetPass Manchester, who were all very helpful. The guy running it, James, even brought along Awakening and we had a couple of Double Duel matches together (FYI, we got mauled, twice, by Basilio's Brashest, despite me having a Chapter 17 team).

Furthermore, none of the games were ready for multiplayer (again as a possible result of the short notice). I actually helped to set up Awakening for multiplayer by beating Chapter 3 on two 3DSs. Unfortunately, the Double Duel multiplayer mode was ultimately too confusing, so they didn't bother showcasing it. I believe Nintendo specifically wanted to showcase Awakening's multiplayer, which I find really baffling because the multiplayer is so limited (and confusing for non-fans).

I believe the event might have fared better if there was more advance warning and more advertisement. I noticed Awakening had a large banner at the very top of the demo booth, but wasn't actually playable at the booth.

Overall, I had a pretty decent time. I didn't really help out much, besides chatting to people. However, I managed to grab 15 or so StreetPass hits and I even got myself a neat A3 Awakening poster at the end : )

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I also got a leaflet promoting 3DS multiplayer and apparently Awakening is amongst the games featuring "online multiplayer". Er, that is a mistake, right?

Sounds like yours was similar to mine, with the exception of a 'booth'. Booth!? At the bullring they just gave me a belt with two 3DSXLs on it so I could stand around and poke them in people's faces. I reasoned that it would be best for visitors to just try the first stage (as I don't think many of them had played FE before) rather than trying to do any multiplayer.

Apparently the store was sold out of physical copies an hour or so in and had sold lots of digital copies (with artbooks). I think I managed to persuade one guy to buy a 3DS at a later date with Fire Emblem, which I'm pretty pleased with.

I only stayed for a few hours but I'm glad I got the chance to push FE. I didn't get many streetpass hits nor did I play any multiplayer (ironically) but I helped give FE some more exposure so I'm glad I went.

Sounds like yours was similar to mine, with the exception of a 'booth'. Booth!?

Oh, it's one of those small demo stands. You must have seen them in game stores before ^^

They typically have two 3DSs that you can play on. For this occasion, there was a cardboard post behind it, advertising the games being demo'd.

Apparently the store was sold out of physical copies an hour or so in and had sold lots of digital copies (with artbooks). I think I managed to persuade one guy to buy a 3DS at a later date with Fire Emblem, which I'm pretty pleased with.

That's awesome!

Also, thanks for going along : )