I gave blood for the first time at school

ZemZem

It's an actual question that the blood bank asks you, and if you're a dude and say "yes", you don't get to give blood. EVER.

I know, I saw it in the question sheet they gave me.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have rather slim veins so it takes them forever to get blood from me. And those needles are so huge that I can feel it deliberately poking around in my arm :(: Once I was getting blood taken for a blood test in the morning, and the nurse drew this super huge giant thick syringe full of my blood. Well, she only filled a couple minuscule bottles with that blood, which was hardly anything, and THREW THE REST OF IT AWAY. I was like 'NOOOOOO...GIVE IT BACKKKKKKKK...'

My friends won't stop using this as a catchphrase and I am considering eliminating them one by one Predator style as a result

I caughtt it from my own

Wait what? How tiny are you? I'm manlet-status and there've never been any problems for me. .__.

I'm less than five feet.

I also had my first blood donation about a month and a half ago. One of the sororities at my college was having "Heart Week" and I decided I might as well participate in the blood donation part of it. It was sort of funny. I didn't realize how long the process took, so I had to wind up getting the paperwork done and have my iron checked, then rush out to go to class. After class I had to quickly return and do the actual donation process. I'm pretty good with needles, so I had no problems there. However, having to constantly squeeze wasn't the most comfortable thing. After all that, I had to go to another class about 20 minutes later, not before getting a bunch of snacks, of course! But yeah, having to speak German and feeling like I could faint any moment was pretty interesting. I'm glad to say I didn't, so it's all good!

i'm 6"9' am I too tall to give blood '3'

One of my friends is that tall and it's never really super apparent until you're standing right next to him, even when you're short like me.

Can you cut off a few inches in height and give them to those of us less fortunate Dx

Edited by Esau of Isaac

I gave blood once back during my senior year in high school. After it was all said and done, I woke up (I had closed my eyes and fallen asleep during the procedure), and I looked over at the bag holding my donated blood. I literally remember saying out loud "Wow, look at all that blood!"

...it doesn't help that I have a Henry avatar right now. XD