To Aru Majutsu no Index

ZemZem

Seen it all and watching Railgun S now.

The problem is that I'm only a fan of Railgun. We've got a Xena situation here in which the spin-off is better than the main series. Index never grabbed my interest, and the second season ended up even worse, trying to fill in all its boring crap with fanservice. Accelerator is the only good character. Well, Last Order is also kind of cool. But Index is annoying as all hell, Misaka seems to suck if Touma is around (which means she's fine in Railgun since he isn't there), and the only interesting thing about Touma is that he's clearly not sexist.

Railgun, on the other hand, I'm quite a fan of, and S is one of my more anticipated shows every week.

Seen it all and watching Railgun S now.

The problem is that I'm only a fan of Railgun. We've got a Xena situation here in which the spin-off is better than the main series. Index never grabbed my interest, and the second season ended up even worse, trying to fill in all its boring crap with fanservice. Accelerator is the only good character. Well, Last Order is also kind of cool. But Index is annoying as all hell, Misaka seems to suck if Touma is around (which means she's fine in Railgun since he isn't there), and the only interesting thing about Touma is that he's clearly not sexist.

Railgun, on the other hand, I'm quite a fan of, and S is one of my more anticipated shows every week.

I haven't watched Railgun yet (I've read a volume of the manga at the bookstore, though), since I'm finishing up Season 2 of Index. Yeah, the fanservice in Season 2 is getting to be a bit too much, but I still like it regardless. I liked Season 1 better, but hey.

Accelerator is brilliant.

How is Railgun better than the main series, though? No Index? :P

How is Railgun better than the main series, though? No Index? :P

That definitely helps.

One easy thing to point out is that the characters are much, much better. There's no Misaka floundering and blushing around an oblivious protagonist, no whining Index, etc. Ruiko Saten is easily the best-written character in the franchise and she only exists in Railgun. I can't say a whole lot else since it's been too long since I've seen them and so I don't remember the stories that well, but where Railgun always kept me entertained, Index was keeping me annoyed. To be fair, the first season isn't bad, and I'd even say it is average-to-good in my books, but I barely finished the second season.

That definitely helps.

One easy thing to point out is that the characters are much, much better. There's no Misaka floundering and blushing around an oblivious protagonist, no whining Index, etc. Ruiko Saten is easily the best-written character in the franchise and she only exists in Railgun. I can't say a whole lot else since it's been too long since I've seen them and so I don't remember the stories that well, but where Railgun always kept me entertained, Index was keeping me annoyed. To be fair, the first season isn't bad, and I'd even say it is average-to-good in my books, but I barely finished the second season.

The reason why I'm looking forward to Railgun is for more development on Misaka, Kuroko, and other characters both new and old. I've heard good things about Saten, too. And since Touma is in it, is he still alright, or the same as he was in Index?

I'm currently on Episode 10 of Season 2 of Index, but by what you're saying, I'm thinking of jumping right into Railgun.

I just finished watching the first season of Index, started Railgun. I didn't dislike Index (the character) at first but yeah, she got annoying by the end. I am enjoying Railgun more than I did Index so far. Both more laughs and better characterization. I'm actually liking Touma in Railgun better than in the original...maybe he should have been a side character instead of a main from the beginning.

Only watched Railgun, and I'm guilty of grabbing characters from that series and pulling them into my mafia games. :P:

Most of the characters in Railgun range from "not annoying" to "wow, you're really cool". Kuroko Shirai manages to be both my favorite and least favorite character (she's my favorite when she's not acting like a fruitcake). Every single filler is relevant, somehow. Furthermore, the girls Get Things Done, as opposed to flailing around while someone else takes care of it. Lastly, Only My Railgun got me into the series (PSI-MISSING isn't a bad song, but it pales in comparison). This is one of two instances, ever, where a show's theme song convinced me to watch the series.

Only watched Railgun, and I'm guilty of grabbing characters from that series and pulling them into my mafia games. :P:

Most of the characters in Railgun range from "not annoying" to "wow, you're really cool". Kuroko Shirai manages to be both my favorite and least favorite character (she's my favorite when she's not acting like a fruitcake). Every single filler is relevant, somehow. Furthermore, the girls Get Things Done, as opposed to flailing around while someone else takes care of it. Lastly, Only My Railgun got me into the series (PSI-MISSING isn't a bad song, but it pales in comparison). This is one of two instances, ever, where a show's theme song convinced me to watch the series.

Kuruko actually got quite a bit of development in Season 2 of Index, episodes 6 and 7 to be specific. That was when I started to like her character more, since at first I thought she was pretty annoying. She needed that development.

So, Railgun is the shit. Got it. Also, more characterization and Touma's a side character. Rightio.

Kuruko actually got quite a bit of development in Season 2 of Index, episodes 6 and 7 to be specific. That was when I started to like her character more, since at first I thought she was pretty annoying. She needed that development.

So, Railgun is the shit. Got it. Also, more characterization and Touma's a side character. Rightio.

She'll get bits and pieces of it throughout Railgun. Sometimes, she'll hack out her inner badass, and it is glorious when she does.

What about Uiharu Kazari? She was pretty minor throughout Index, and apparently is a main in Railgun.

She doesn't get her own story arc or anything, but she does play a role in there (and more than "Saten's plaything").

She doesn't get her own story arc or anything, but she does play a role in there (and more than "Saten's plaything").

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I like Kanzaki Kaori because she's insanely hot.

And Saten Ruiko because she's adorable. Index is fucking adorable too, so yeah.

Aisa is fine too.

Kanzaki is something else, Saten looks adorable, Index is definitely adorable, and Aisa's adorable. :P